Blademaster needs an upgrade

Whistler - Morai
Whistler - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
Hi without boasting I have the best gear of any bm on morai and im lvl 105 personally I think the bm is so under powered its not even funny. all my gear is plus 12 and I seriously think that all the other classes have become over powered compared to the bm, when is it our turn for more damage, are there any plans to give us an upgrade? how do other people feel about the bm
Post edited by Whistler - Morai on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi without boasting I have the best gear of any bm on morai and im lvl 105 personally I think the bm is so under powered its not even funny. all my gear is plus 12 and I seriously think that all the other classes have become over powered compared to the bm, when is it our turn for more damage, are there any plans to give us an upgrade? how do other people feel about the bm

As dumb as that post was overall yes bm is pretty underpowered and will probably always be so.

Swipe that card on a purify class if it still bothers ya
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well with the latest skill revamps and all bm's are pushed more and more to support class.. Which im not saying is bad but necessarily isnt the reason i madea bm at least. but then again judging from other ppls accomplishments with a bm on 1v1 scenarios they still manage pretty damn well. So all and all if u want to pk single targets .. yeah requires lot of training ... but then again as a supportive role in mass pvp were still kinda the tide turners with all the cc debuffs etc. But yes id definetly like to be able to do more with my bm than just support.. and if were meant to be just support then we shud be alot tnakier... like say add 30+ def lvl add on to bell (just for the caster and keep normal aoe buff) b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People that want a powerful DD class should think 2 times before make a bm and some other class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People that want a powerful DD class should think 2 times before make a bm and some other class.

This ^^

Bm's are for support and CC, yes they can dd but their are others that can do it better and yes they can tank but again their are others that can do it better. But bm's are the best class for CC

Honestly if it took until you reached 105 and got the best gear for a bm on your server to realise that you arent the most over powered class. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You power leveled (and a BM too?) just to QQ about something untrue because you have no skill...? b:beatup I don't understand you... f:sweat
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This ^^

Bm's are for support and CC, yes they can dd but their are others that can do it better and yes they can tank but again their are others that can do it better. But bm's are the best class for CC

Honestly if it took until you reached 105 and got the best gear for a bm on your server to realise that you arent the most over powered class. b:surrender

No, according to some people that's the only way you can realize anything about your class. b:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does OP want to one shot equal geared people?

One shotting equal geared opponents gets harder and harder as you level up and improve gear. You can always one shot majority of people with BT in nw/tw if that is your joy in this game.
  • Whistler - Morai
    Whistler - Morai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm seems most just want to take the **** out of every post, yes I leveled fast as I enjoy doing that, I can play my class and no I didn't do much pk until I reached 105, why well I was to busy leveling, I did every quest bh pv base quest morai blah blah blah and no I never felt that the blademaster was rubbish I still don't, but the point most of you, not all are missing is that other classes have been changed alot and the bm remains the same. So if you have nothing nice to say about the subject get lost, or come on morai and duel me to see if I can play. I find it pathetic that just because I ask a simple question that it must be because I cant play. such a lovely bunch of people on these forums.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but the point most of you, not all are missing is that other classes have been changed alot and the bm remains the same.

what changed in the other classes and the bms didnt change?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You my friend are doing it wrong if you think Bm is underpowered, as of Rank 9 dervish, the BM is the perfect class.

1)You hit hard as balls
    2)Your base def is insane, even if you marrow you have good pdef
    3)Your morai skills are all very beneficial and OP
    4)Assuming your full str built, if you combine that with a tangle mire genie...every time you zerk or not even zerk your dmge is just GG...assuming your over 600 str.
  • JoeBlack - Harshlands
    JoeBlack - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't be so pessimistic. Even I am not with r9 route, have only Nirvana rr set +10,not GoF axes, g9 hp shards, I am still can be survival and CC or even kill as I want.

Here is an example I take from YouTube about if you got full set r9rr and +10 refine, you are not underpowered any more. In most case ZC / GoF effect helped bypass 7-13k when target under 70% hps. I just mean +10 not +12 full set b:laugh

In this video clip, most of opponents are r9/r9r/r9rr ones. The BM needs use some combo of skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpo-5NWKcZ0
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm seems most just want to take the **** out of every post, yes I leveled fast as I enjoy doing that, I can play my class and no I didn't do much pk until I reached 105, why well I was to busy leveling, I did every quest bh pv base quest morai blah blah blah and no I never felt that the blademaster was rubbish I still don't, but the point most of you, not all are missing is that other classes have been changed alot and the bm remains the same. So if you have nothing nice to say about the subject get lost, or come on morai and duel me to see if I can play. I find it pathetic that just because I ask a simple question that it must be because I cant play. such a lovely bunch of people on these forums.

Lets see all of the bm's morai skills are useful in a given situation.
    Leaps have Focused Mind and Tidal Protection effects added to them.
    I might have missed some more changes as my bm remains at lvl 72
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide
    Ladyblondeh - Raging Tide Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't be so pessimistic. Even I am not with r9 route, have only Nirvana rr set +10,not GoF axes, g9 hp shards, I am still can be survival and CC or even kill as I want.

Here is an example I take from YouTube about if you got full set r9rr and +10 refine, you are not underpowered any more. In most case ZC / GoF effect helped bypass 7-13k when target under 70% hps. I just mean +10 not +12 full set b:laugh

In this video clip, most of opponents are r9/r9r/r9rr ones. The BM needs use some combo of skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpo-5NWKcZ0

lul first quote to my vid b:chuckle there wud have been like 21658424 btr vids to link if u wanna prove bm's aint all that bad b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvy for Epic Sig <3
    - Sage BM 0.87aps and loving it <3
    youtube.com/channel/UCaZIAPCmpfzSc1ly3mbhjdg
    pwcalc.com/ec23068c36b42d0d somewhere close
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You must be playing your BM wrong if you are full +12 R9 3rd cast or have a poor genie set up to feel under-powered. I mean it's not really a solo PK class if that's what you mean, but if your squad's DD isn't **** BMs can turn the tides of PvP very easily with their stuns and ability to HF.

Maybe tweak your genie some, it'll help a lot. I've recently changed my genie set ups the last few days and continuously find myself surviving longer in PvP even against better geared people.

You could also check out some of my PvP videos on my youtube channel too and compare your performance.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm seems most just want to take the **** out of every post,

Yah, that happens here. Grats on 105, though. Not gonna tear that down.

I both agree and disagree. I have r9t3 but only +5 at the moment as I reroll but there is very little I can't kill once they've been purged. I zerk crit arcanes for 30k+ sometimes, on the other hand some archers will reduce my regular Highland Cleave down to around 1k damage and I miss 1/3 of my attacks against the 650 dex ones >.< Even worse when its the sins with Focused Mind on them and you miss 1/3 of the attacks, get 1 damage for 1/2 the attacks, and land the remaining for decent damage but can't chain anything. Zerking and losing 5% hp but seeing a '1' above their head is really frustrating.

We have very mediocre damage. We also carry purge poles, have HF, have GS, have a self-crit buff, have a zerk weapon, and have defenses high enough that our genies don't need to be purely defensive.

I think we got some great skills from the Morai expansion, so we have improved. I think casters and archer did way better than us. We are a control class and with r9t3 PWI made half the classes uncontrollable with perma-antistun and a permanent Holy Path. Archers got even more range, even more crit, stealth, and better leaps then we did. Barbs got a damage increase their own form of Deaden Nerves so if you do take 5 minutes to setup a giant chi-wasting damage burst enough to kill them... they regen 40% hp, get 2 sparks, and are purified -.-

We got Reel In, Blade Tornado, and Reckless Rush which are great skills but also still in the realm of crowd control. Not finishing skills. Still, with magic marrow i hope to walk around with 23k pdef, 24k hp, and 75 def levels at endgame. For offense I'm over 600 strength and I'll have about 120 attack level dual axes. Its hard to roll any class, but I don't think BMs are too bad at endgame.

btw, whats CC mean now? Cookie cutter? Channel cancel? Crowd Control? Think we''re talking the last one, but I thought this thread is we're underpowered 1v1 so dunno why we're bringing up crowd control and letting our squadmates kill for us.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol... Just Lol... You expect people not to troll you because you're QQing on the forums about other classes having benefits while BM "remains the same"? Really?
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yah, that happens here. Grats on 105, though. Not gonna tear that down.

I both agree and disagree. I have r9t3 but only +5 at the moment as I reroll but there is very little I can't kill once they've been purged. I zerk crit arcanes for 30k+ sometimes, on the other hand some archers will reduce my regular Highland Cleave down to around 1k damage and I miss 1/3 of my attacks against the 650 dex ones >.< Even worse when its the sins with Focused Mind on them and you miss 1/3 of the attacks, get 1 damage for 1/2 the attacks, and land the remaining for decent damage but can't chain anything. Zerking and losing 5% hp but seeing a '1' above their head is really frustrating.

We have very mediocre damage. We also carry purge poles, have HF, have GS, have a self-crit buff, have a zerk weapon, and have defenses high enough that our genies don't need to be purely defensive.

I think we got some great skills from the Morai expansion, so we have improved. I think casters and archer did way better than us. We are a control class and with r9t3 PWI made half the classes uncontrollable with perma-antistun and a permanent Holy Path. Archers got even more range, even more crit, stealth, and better leaps then we did. Barbs got a damage increase their own form of Deaden Nerves so if you do take 5 minutes to setup a giant chi-wasting damage burst enough to kill them... they regen 40% hp, get 2 sparks, and are purified -.-

We got Reel In, Blade Tornado, and Reckless Rush which are great skills but also still in the realm of crowd control. Not finishing skills. Still, with magic marrow i hope to walk around with 23k pdef, 24k hp, and 75 def levels at endgame. For offense I'm over 600 strength and I'll have about 120 attack level dual axes. Its hard to roll any class, but I don't think BMs are too bad at endgame.

btw, whats CC mean now? Cookie cutter? Channel cancel? Crowd Control? Think we''re talking the last one, but I thought this thread is we're underpowered 1v1 so dunno why we're bringing up crowd control and letting our squadmates kill for us.

^ this

I would like to add that the main issue with the class is chi...again, all the really sickawesome things we do take 2-5 sparks. Not too hard to deal with but it does kinda blow
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Errr, maybe I missed something but I haven't found BMs to be under-powered 1v1 at all with an optimized genie since after the Descent Expansion. Maybe slightly, but still workable. Group PvP yes because we're not a kill class and everyone is fully buffed, and physical damage is rather weak due to how many phys def buffs there are, but in 1v1 self buffed reckless rush has become the perfect execution skill. Some of my more recent 1v1s against other R9 3rd cast players show how over-powered reckless rush is at dunking people below half life.

Morai skill updates have made BMs pretty balanced and on par with just about everyone IMO. Leaps cost less and have a chance to resist damage / debuffs, smack won't miss, blade hurl costs less, Blade Tornado is epic in mass PvP, Reel In works for disabling cat pullers in the air. You can leap forward to evade purge, HF, nova, etc. We already got a decent upgrade, there's not much more I could ask for in balance without being considered over-powered tbh.

• Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bm's have really good skills, but the damage on the skills is the issue...it sucks (not including bt or reckless rush). But it's true what everyone says here, BM's r a support class. I know first hand how annoying this is, and im recast +10. Hitting a mage for 1500 then they hit u for 6ks none crit. And now there r even more mages and range classes than b4, with the new purify weap. U're simply gonna have to accept the new changes....who knows maybe they'll nerf purify or give more dam to bms HEHEHEH.
    but they probably won't :(
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lul first quote to my vid b:chuckle there wud have been like 21658424 btr vids to link if u wanna prove bm's aint all that bad b:laugh

Nobody ever quotes my videos :(
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want my pc to handle the lower ping and higher fps b:angry. Every time the ping goes green, 150 or below, frames are skipped in the game. Even if the fps is 30~90, frames are still skipped. As soon as it turns yellow again, things are fine.

In TW/NW i just go out and die because ping is high and fps is around 2~4, even though others with same machines achieve 20~40 in the same tw. That is that i want for my bm b:dirty.

Beside that, to the OP, get g16+12 claws, and switch 1~2 gear pieces for more int if your axes are not working. Not sure if reckless rush works with claws, someone else can confirm, once you get a casters hp below 50%, use reckless rush. I have to learn it still but when i get it, i'll use it with my claw set up b:chuckle. Once i get dervish to +12 i might change my mind, but right now axes don't cut it for me. My pve bm does just fine with aps set up in pvp.

Congrats on 105 to OP btw b:pleased. Problem is not the level but exposure to skills and their use. In all this debate i never asked you.

Are all your skills, or the ones you use for PVE sage/demon and not lvl 10? They make a big difference.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree that bm's are by far the class that has the most disadvantages to overcome, every other class including venos have some way to either kill real easy, have an easier time to support, or survive rather well, without heavy chi usage, with barely any real way to regain it in a timely manner... albeit sage ones have an easier time, they still struggle to an extent I would think. (Yes other classes rely on chi as well, but none imo rely on it as much as a bm.)

I admit I don't have r93r/josd +12 with +12 ornaments/rings, but still I don't plan on getting r93r on this bm one bit, I have seen what the exact same gear does for the other melee classes that can wear this gear of mine, each has one of the three 'abilities' I aforementioned earlier. I get bms in extremely badass gear can start to do each of the three things I mentioned, but still it is frustrating seeing first hand that other melee classes is insanely well better off in mass pvp. (I also realize the bm class is a jack of all trades, but still I don't have any intention of using my bm for pvp.) Which really is a shame since I consider my bm to be my best class hands down that I play in pve. I also still consider it to be my 'main.'

I admit I don't have much pvp experience, but there are a few truths that are undeniably in plain sight when your playing a bm in mass pvp. (granted we have gotten more of this thanks to nw... still its hard to see the strengths of the bm class period for mass pvp. Unless of course as I already mention they are in extremely haxed geared.)

The reckless rush skill does NOT work with fists/claws.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • BoomBastic - Lothranis
    BoomBastic - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree somewhat. It would be nicer to see some higher numbers on some skills, but a Smack that crits or a well timed reckless rush, both are rly evil skills if timed right. BT is rly nice if you know when to use it like this dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtwdyfAm4pQ there is your reference link zan b:victory

1vs1 self buffed equally geared i don't see us that underpowered. I have taken out more op ppl then my self, i've taken down a full +12 JoSD seeker vs my full +10, vit +11 axe. But at the same time that seeker has OS me a few times b:sad
    OFC im jelly of those mad crits that seeker or a wiz can smack on my poor bald bm azz, and sure i would like 1-2 more mad crit skills on a BM, but we not totally underpowered, if i wanted something to improve it would be a bit stronger drake ray and some kind off chi-gain skill. But that's just dreaming i guess b:laugh

Mass pk, i play a BM the way it should be played imo, i support. Ik i will die, but before i die, i make sure i protect archers and clerics as much as i possibly can, and i also make sure i annoy the **** out of my opponents with stuns and chi gank ;) And if i do all this well, all eyes will be on me, and i try to tank this loving attention as long as i can while my team do there part..
    Mass pk is a team event, and if i do my job right, my team wins, it dont matter if i die or not.. I run around like a mad bunny sometimes, protecting 2 archers while they try to purge VIP targets, and then leap back and forth if i see a mass gathering, so i can roar and give the ppl in that pile a break from being attacked, then back to babysitting pew pew:ers ;)

BM's are not easy to play at all, i think we all can agree on that, prolly one of the hardest classes to pk well with imo (have not tried all so cant rly say 100%, but i've tried a few of em)
    But this fact also makes the BM the most fun class to play imo..
    If i wanted to easy farm ppl in pk i would go on a sin again, 2 spark IG from stealth and hide if i failed b:chuckle
    As Dan said, a good genie setup can make or break a fight, as well as spamming def charms and knowing what pots when and where to use..
    Ohh.. Dan pls share what your latest genie set up is :P

But ofc I would not qQ if we got some dmg upgrades and a chi skill b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

• Onatop - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    why do u roll oxygen bubble on genie? is it for black ice dragon? I'd rather use heart of steele since archer crits suck. Nevertheless, a good genie for mass pk
  • Uyrnaz - Heavens Tear
    Uyrnaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why do u roll oxygen bubble on genie? is it for black ice dragon? I'd rather use heart of steele since archer crits suck. Nevertheless, a good genie for mass pk

Sage Frost Arrow is no joke.

/worthit
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why do u roll oxygen bubble on genie? is it for black ice dragon?

Kinda curious as well. Most mages I see don't even bother using BIDS anymore. More BT and then you'll see MS a bit as well.

Unless it's for the mages that will trick you into using SoF and then sutra water skills, but most of them aren't that smart in my experience. Maybe Sanc actually has good mages...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Kinda curious as well. Most mages I see don't even bother using BIDS anymore. More BT and then you'll see MS a bit as well.

Unless it's for the mages that will trick you into using SoF and then sutra water skills, but most of them aren't that smart in my experience. Maybe Sanc actually has good mages...?

Most wizards don't use bids anymore, and I haven't really come across a sutra'd water combo before either haha. It's for the insane amount of r9 3rd cast +12 psychics and wizards there are on my server actually lol. If I get ganked by a wizard and psychic together for example they use undine and I get earth vectored, they'd normally be hitting me for 6-7k per hit non-crit. Oxygen bubble is going to let me live unless the wizard used a spark combo as well. The oxygen bubble is multi-purpose, it'll cancel out almost half the skills wizards and psychics use for combos.

My most recent TWs I get ganked by like 3-4 r9 3rd cast +12 psychics at the same time, not so much in NW or PK, but this is primarily my TW genie lol.

I might consider removing my tree of protection for heart of steel, or swapping it back for tangling mire, but don't think it'd be as useful as SoF or OB, since when I magic marrow archers just APS spam me. R9 3rd cast seekers are rare on my server as well, actually don't think there are any in the faction we're TWing against. Maybe it'd be useful against the insane amount of clerics there are that DD LOL.

• Onatop - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Well its true, tangling mire is useful, but i'd keep Tree of protection as a back up for when u can't domain. I want a 91+ genie QQQQ