Your Job in a Dungeon

ha99
ha99 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi everybody

My Assassin is "only" 78 but i see the same mistakes in the most Squads i go in a Dungeon.
Sure also i make mistakes, but with my lvl i think someone must know some things about Dungeons.

Now i want explain what you MUST do and NEVER do in a Dungeon, not for every Class, but you are in one of this 4 Categories: Tank, Melee-DD, Range-DD or Healer.

Tank:
His job is to hold the aggro from all Mobs who attack the Squad, maybe a Veno or Mystic Pet can help Tank but ask Tank first if he want this. And look if Pet is High enough for that.
What a Tank never do, is only attack 1 Mob and let the other Mobs run and think the Healer heal the Squad, i know what every Healer say abot this: b:angry

Melee-DD:
Has the Job to help the Tank but only after he attacks. I see a lot of Melee-DD they think "They are lower i can kill this Mobs alone" in example Valley of Disaster (BH59), the mobs are "only" around 55 but they make to much damage for everyone except a Tank. The Tank need some Seconds to have enough Aggro, pls wait and use High-Damage Skills only at a Boss.
Dungeon-Mobs hit Harder then Normal Mobs, never forget that.

Range-DD:
He have 2 Jobs, first is Assist a Tank and the other is to Protect a Healer. Sure Assassins have Shadow Jump and Shadow Teleport but they cant be on 2 Places at the same Time.
The Same i wrote for the Melee-DDs, be Careful how many Damage you make. Never think:
"I Attack Ranged, no Problem if i get Aggro", the Archer i was someday in BH59 learn this lesson.

Healer:
The Job is to heal the Squad and Buff them BEFORE a Boss Fight pls. They have 1 Rule not everyone know, NEVER and i mean NEVER, Ressurect a Squad Member during a Boss-Fight.
Want a Example? Sure.

We are Killing Zimo in BH59 and the Archer gets Aggro and get killed from him. The Cleric dont Heal Tank and Ressurect Archer. in a few Seconds everone in Squad die. Zimo kills everone, first Tank then my and the Rest of the Squad.

I write this to Help Someone who don't know what he do in a Dungeon, if you don't know what your Class can do, ask Faction, Read Threads in the Forum for your Class.
Everyone say "Thank you you do your job" if you do it, ok maybe they don't say it but they sayb:angry if you don't do your job.

I forgot something that every Class must now, if you get Aggro from Mob or Boss, NEVER Run. Let the Tank get Aggro everyone STOP to make Damage on this Mob or Boss, press Esc. its not important if the Boss have 1% or 99% HP, its more easy for a Tank to get Aggro back if no one Attack.The Cleric wait before Heal someone, maybe you can get Healaggro.
Sure is never good when a Squad Member die, but beter one then the entire Squad.
Post edited by ha99 on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some things i dont agree on.

"Assist" the tank. In some cases sure, espescially if the tank does not communicate. But please take note of what the tank sais and dont use the assist function when he names a mob to attack. I could for example target another mob once in a while between agroing the main one that is being killed to ensure i keep agro on all of them. Espescially so on low levels where i dont yet have proper aoe skills or my roar might be on cooldown. I could run into 3 mobs, ream each of them once and then keep reaming one of them. If people are only assisting and attack that mob instead, that would defeat the whole purpose. When i run with people for a while, i will stop saying what mob to attack because the system should become obvious. I often see advised to use assist on the tank, and honestly i despise that advise.

"Never res in boss fight." No dont waste your time ressing an assasin that accidentaly took agro while the tank is still alive and needs your healing. If however there is only one guy who is able to tank the boss and he died, ressing and rebufing him while others sacrifice themselves if needed to buy you time is your only chance to win this battle. Early game, I the barb, will be that only one who needs to be ressed. At end game the roles are reversed, it common to have a well equiped assasin tank a boss with BP. If he dies, i take agro, and invoke to solo tank while the cleric can get the assasin back up his feet. (because while surely i could tank the boss instead if the cleric heals me, it may just take about 2 hours for us to kill the boss without the assasin). Communication and good reason is needed though. Indeed dont just res anyone that dies. Res the tank ASAP because its your only chance or if a DD dies, only res after the tank indicates that you can do so.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonder if the OP would think the same if it was him who's dead :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're wearing decent gear (and not severely underleveled stuff like rank 1 top at level 70... don't laugh, I've seen it) just about any character should be able to handle 1 mob at BH level, if you keep your limits in mind (i.e., BM, seeker and barb will have little trouble with melee but will get hurt more by magic; psychic, wizard and other arcane classes will have little trouble with ranged magic but should avoid aggroing physical attack mobs.)

Also, that archer that died on Zimo? As long as his gear was decent enough he wasn't a one-shot, he could have tanked the boss as long as he was the designated tank and was being healed consistently. Even if the magic attacks hit him for half or more of his HP, the magic attacks are spaced out enough that it is easy for the cleric or mystic to keep him alive. Same goes for other ranged classes in 59, on all the bosses. (This doesn't necessarily apply to other dungeons, some bosses require a melee tank, usually heavy armor.)

But yeah, understand the dungeon, understand the bosses, understand your limits, if you aren't the designated tank and know you can pull aggro, hold back so the cleric doesn't have to divide his attention.

As for reviving during a boss fight... make sure the tank has a stack of ironheart blessing on him, then you should have enough time to revive and return your attention to the tank again (unless the tank has bad gear... in which case he probably shouldn't be the designated tank.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ha99 wrote: »

Tank:
    His job is to hold the aggro from all Mobs who attack the Squad, maybe a Veno or Mystic Pet can help Tank but ask Tank first if he want this. And look if Pet is High enough for that.
    What a Tank never do, is only attack 1 Mob and let the other Mobs run and think the Healer heal the Squad, i know what every Healer say abot this: b:angry

Mystic summon are not made for tank and especially not a pull of mobs.

Melee-DD:
    Has the Job to help the Tank but only after he attacks. I see a lot of Melee-DD they think "They are lower i can kill this Mobs alone" in example Valley of Disaster (BH59), the mobs are "only" around 55 but they make to much damage for everyone except a Tank. The Tank need some Seconds to have enough Aggro, pls wait and use High-Damage Skills only at a Boss.
    Dungeon-Mobs hit Harder then Normal Mobs, never forget that.

Range-DD:
    He have 2 Jobs, first is Assist a Tank and the other is to Protect a Healer. Sure Assassins have Shadow Jump and Shadow Teleport but they cant be on 2 Places at the same Time.
    The Same i wrote for the Melee-DDs, be Careful how many Damage you make. Never think:
    "I Attack Ranged, no Problem if i get Aggro", the Archer i was someday in BH59 learn this lesson.

Healer:
    The Job is to heal the Squad and Buff them BEFORE a Boss Fight pls. They have 1 Rule not everyone know, NEVER and i mean NEVER, Ressurect a Squad Member during a Boss-Fight.
    Want a Example? Sure.

We are Killing Zimo in BH59 and the Archer gets Aggro and get killed from him. The Cleric dont Heal Tank and Ressurect Archer. in a few Seconds everone in Squad die. Zimo kills everone, first Tank then my and the Rest of the Squad.

If the person that died need the boss as BH he will love you for let him dead and don't get the BH done. What cleric need to do it's stack a few IH on the tank and Wings of Protection (at lvl79+) then ress the person.

I write this to Help Someone who don't know what he do in a Dungeon, if you don't know what your Class can do, ask Faction, Read Threads in the Forum for your Class.
    Everyone say "Thank you you do your job" if you do it, ok maybe they don't say it but they sayb:angry if you don't do your job.

BH59 is the worse example ever cause it's one of those place where the caster class are better tank than melee/physical cause they are magic boss.

I forgot something that every Class must now, if you get Aggro from Mob or Boss, NEVER Run. Let the Tank get Aggro everyone STOP to make Damage on this Mob or Boss, press Esc. its not important if the Boss have 1% or 99% HP, its more easy for a Tank to get Aggro back if no one Attack.The Cleric wait before Heal someone, maybe you can get Healaggro.
    Sure is never good when a Squad Member die, but beter one then the entire Squad.

Clerics should always carry 1-2 ress scroll in case they die to be able to ress and continue their job. (as other class can carry 1-2 as well)

Any DD that run into a group of mobs need to AOE asap to get aggro on mobs so the cleric can heal without get aggro, a lot of sins run and take 3-4 mobs without AOE and scream for heals and tell the cleric he's fail cause he didn't heal, but if he did heal the sin the 3 mobs would have go on cleric and the cleric would have die. So never take more than 1 mobs if you can't handle it without heal or AOE asap, no AOE = no heals, the cleric won't kill himself to save someone else.

Barb aggro is **** so cleric need to of course heal the tank at a boss, but also trow IH on the potential aggro stealer, so if a DD get aggro he get the heal of IH and the cleric have time to change to fully heal the ''DD''.

The game is not anymore that only barb tank, the cleric need to adapt and be fast to react if someone steal aggro, by cleaning the cave to the boss the cleric should have spot who will maybe get aggro (sin, archer or w/e).

Advice for clerics, if you want to be a good cleric do not BB at BH59, learn to react fast and switch target to heal at boss if someone steal aggro, if you always use BB you will have a hard time at highest BH like BH69 where you can't BB and need to deal with a high AOE, debuff and ping pong aggro. Learn to IH more than one person, use purify at the good moment, IH+wellspring>CHB, CHB should almost never be use, keep people in IH and use wellspring when the target HP is really low.

The most important thing is COMMUNICATION, do not be scare to talk with your squad, if you never did the cave and don't know what to do, say it, if someone give you advices don't refuse to listen, some people are alts and have experience and know what is good or not. Don't get offended, they want to help you to be better, it's normal to don't know everything at lvl 1-100, some people still learn at lvl 100+.

Also it's normal to get squad wipes, it's how people learn, it's the best experience you can get, so don't blame people for it cause later you will realize that the bad experiences are the best experiences you can get to learn. The best clerics in game are the ones that got squad wipes, but they learned how to deal with it, they learned how to deal with ping pong aggro, they didn't cry and blame the bm for stealing aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ha99
    ha99 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Tank in this Example was a Barb and not the Archer, but the Archer was some Lvls higher then Barb and don't look on Aggro.

Sure you can Ress Tank but sometimes not the tank die, its a DD who don't look how many Aggro he make.
    The Problem is, sometimes only the Tank have enough HP and not the DD's , ok my Assassin is pure Dex and don't have a lot of HP.
    And not everyone have enough Defence to Tank the Boss.

I see a few Mystic they use Pets to Pull Mobs and it works sometimes, the Problem is they can't hold the Aggro very good.

Not everyone know what Communication is, sometimes Healer get Aggro but don't say something.
  • Ridelia - Morai
    Ridelia - Morai Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Barb aggro is **** so cleric need to of course heal the tank at a boss, but also trow IH on the potential aggro stealer, so if a DD get aggro he get the heal of IH and the cleric have time to change to fully heal the ''DD''.

A "skilled" barb won't lose aggro even with strong dds. My lvl 60 barb can easly hold aggro from my lvl 89 sin. All the barb has to do is go Tiger Form and use Flesh Ream everytime it is out of cooldown (3 secs). The aggro amount of this skill is so strong that dds have really hard time stealing aggro from the barb. I have seen a lvl 59 barb stealing aggro from lvl 102 sin in his fb59 - just by one hit of Flesh Ream, the instant aggro is so strong. Of course, the dd can steal aggro for a sec or so but a sec later the barb will get the aggro back once his skill is out of cooldown. A strong dd should be geared enough to survive the 1-2 hits he can get within the 1 sec.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A "skilled" barb won't lose aggro even with strong dds. My lvl 60 barb can easly hold aggro from my lvl 89 sin. All the barb has to do is go Tiger Form and use Flesh Ream everytime it is out of cooldown (3 secs). The aggro amount of this skill is so strong that dds have really hard time stealing aggro from the barb. I have seen a lvl 59 barb stealing aggro from lvl 102 sin in his fb59 - just by one hit of Flesh Ream, the instant aggro is so strong. Of course, the dd can steal aggro for a sec or so but a sec later the barb will get the aggro back once his skill is out of cooldown. A strong dd should be geared enough to survive the 1-2 hits he can get within the 1 sec.

you do realise at least that levels have no meaning right? lvl102 sin doens't mean anything; what's his gear? with **** gear ofc the barb will keep aggro.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When a squaddie dies the barb and cleric have to talk to each other and plan the break in healing to rez. The barb invokes and then the cleric rezes.

If the tank isn't a barb its prolly a high aps sin or BM. They can't invoke but a little warning helps.

Overall if the tank and cleric talk to each other you should be able to rez a dead squaddie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013

b:laugh

Fleshream does not just generate a very strong amount of agro. It guarantees that you are on top of the list, ie provides enough agro to equal you with anyone elses agro on the mob and then adds the damage you do +20.000 (at lvl 11). So indeed even a lvl 59 barb will take it from a lvl 102 sin. However, the 102 sin will take it back in 1/5th of a second. So either you just wont notice it, or at best you can ping pong agro which is not a good thing.