Opinion Needed

Options
Kastus - Raging Tide
Kastus - Raging Tide Posts: 558 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Assassin
What more to improve with my play style?
PLEASE watch the video and tell me what more i can change

this was the latest video i did in regards to 1v1

I KNOW THERE ARE SOME PRO SINS OUT THERE WHO CAN TEACH ME MORE!

1v1 Cleric
youtube.com/kimbachiboy b:victory

Schooling QQme in The Art of PK since 2012
Post edited by Kastus - Raging Tide on

Comments

• issamali
    issamali Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well first comment is why to use condensed throne on a magic class?! Its useful against HA and LA but AA the boost you get doesnt count to 10 extra damage per hit on a R9RR AA class.

Also I skill which you don't use is slipstream strike, its the 3rd highest damage dealing skill after Head hunt and throught cut if am not mistaken, so instead of wasting time on CT use it will deal a great damage.

Your sequance of skills seems abit off at locking the target down or your used to mele targets more than ranged, you always use deep sting followed by throat cut and then she walks away... And you don't use you sage chi skill. After you use deep sting use it then use your throat cut. will still be within cast time before sleep gets off.

And you dont use tackling slash as much as you can, it freezes and gives you 50 chi so use it you have it and you use tele stun then head hunt thats 3 sparks, drop in a skill before the head hunt, u can use twin strike its a fast skill or slip stream then headhunt, you rush your combo fast and then after head hunt use twin again has very fast cooldown then tackling slash followed by rising dragon gets your chi back up. I know the puri on the r9rr weap suks but you can squeze in a few more skills fast.

Test slipstream and tell me what you think.

Hope I don't get hammered and my comment doesnt end up noobish hahaha.
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yes I would 100% agree with issamali, other than what he/she said that cleric was kind of easy it seems.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Panic! at the discooo b:victory

Whirlwind vs casters with purify, doesn't seem worth it too me your just increasing the chance of procing their weapon.

Might want to try and get them to fight you in the air, this may only work once but presuming purify spell procs they may not have the sense to instantly take off their wings and drop to the ground. If they dont drop then you have eliminated their speed buff of purify spell and might get a few hits in as they move away. If you try this make sure you stay high enough off the ground that they cant attack you from it obviously xD

@issamail - CTs movement speed debuff isn't to be sniffed at, a cleric is more likely to purify a immobilize than a movement speed debuff. Presuming it dosnt proc purify spell clerics are all ready rather slow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hai, Kas!

I know I am a noob, but I guess I can add something.

First of all, you caught up an idea of a skill spammer sin as using the least casting speed skills primary. I've been testing such a play style on a p.server and I found it the best way to play as you do. And that is why CT is quite okay to use on arcanes, as it slows down, deal medium damage and has very low channeling.

I'd never suggest you using Rift in a single target PvP as it misses so damn much, but you don't really use it yourself.

Talking about more Tackling Slash and TC after Deep Sting, I think it's a good idea, because it deals a high damage with a decent disabling time.

Slipstream Strike deals a good damge, but I barely used it because I didn't really like it, can't say why.

Finally, I think you could use Spell Cutter a little bit more often, other than that, you are playing cool.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    issamali wrote: »
    Well first comment is why to use condensed throne on a magic class?! Its useful against HA and LA but AA the boost you get doesnt count to 10 extra damage per hit on a R9RR AA class.

yes why use anything that would be useful for cutting threw someones defenses(sarcasm). there is nothing wrong with using ct, it has a decent control buff and add's a 50% water attack along with some mid level damage. there have been many occasions when that is the only skill i can use(not enough chi for other skills/cooldowns) and killed many chars of any class with it.

there is never a reason not to use a skill you have (sin wise) that can give you an advantage or deal damage.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    BUFF WE MISS YOU b:cry
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    CT is used/spammed because it's one of 5 (KT/TStrike/SC/TT being the other 4) of the Assassin class's fastest offensive channel/cast skills, meaning they can be chained together in a smaller time-frame that a stun/seal/immob permits, and with an Assassin's high crit rate and chance of GoF, regardless of if these skills are weak or not, if they zerk/crit/zerkcrit, then they will still hurt.

That was a long sentence. xD
  • Tsyren - Dreamweaver
    Tsyren - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I didn't actually read anything other than Skai's post about condensed thorn, so I'm just going to write as I go. Dx
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    BUFF WE MISS YOU b:cry

QQ

So do I. f:weep

You guys are the only thing I can't still give this game up because. But I only use forums as the final exams are in 10 days. And yet I've got no chars to play. f:shame
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well I tested out Slipstream Strike as part of my DPH arsenal and i will say it was pretty Troll skill to use as a finsher or a charm bypasser here is a recent video of me 1v1 a bm on my server

Video Here

please feel free to comment on what more improvements i can do or which more skills i can squeeze in b:victory

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why do you bother with deep sting if you're going into rising dragon right after? You can use rising dragon without the sleep.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why do you bother with deep sting if you're going into rising dragon right after? You can use rising dragon without the sleep.

idk either xD like i said im still noob compared to other sins in pwi b:chuckle