[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 5-14-2013 [COMPLETE]

2»

Comments

• Suekasa - Archosaur
    Suekasa - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think the Best Time I felt that way Was in TW Win half the faction had too Go too a Wedding and 3 of us Stayed Too Fight off 2 Scary wizards a Scary R9 Sin and a Few others But win we Held them off for a few Hours i Felt Proud But pretty Angry and a lost of hope at the same time b:angry we lost b:cry

b:surrender
    f:laugh"In the virtual world, you have power,respect,friends and peace. Why would you
    want to return to the real world?"f:laugh
  • asishi
    asishi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *dons sunglasses and trenchcoat, stands around doing nothing*

Yeah, pretty much that. That's what heroes do, isn't it? Hmm...
  • Kersplop - Archosaur
    Kersplop - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There I was riding in to North Arch after leaving Orchid Temple. I see this poor little lvl 2x wizard running for his life from Krixxixx and asking for help, all the people outside of North gate were just watching him, taking bets on how long he would live. So I dismount and proceed to chase the wizard trying to pull Krixxixx off of him. I finally manage to get the wizard to run to me, instead of away from me and I take Krixxixx down. The wizard is all b:pleased, the people watching are b:angry...and then I get killed by a rr9 Psycho b:cryb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When all else fails...go afk.
  • obie47
    obie47 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my favorite feeling in the game is when a lower leveled character is struggling in a fight and i come in to help them kill it. sometimes i'd wish someone would help me so i'm like a superhero to the others

This is very much appreciated for those of us who are new and getting the hang of things. I just reached lvl 30 and was killing some monsters and then I was dead, it was because someone pk'd , he continued to do so like 5 times. I think its very rude when other players do this especially when they are way higher than you in experience/lvls. So props to you for helping us "little" guys out!! b:cute
  • Kersplop - Archosaur
    Kersplop - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicing! Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PvE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE

SweetieBot you misspelled panicking....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When all else fails...go afk.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SweetieBot you misspelled panicking....
    I never said such a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Have you ever had an awesome PWI moment where you felt like the hero right out of a movie? Tell us about it!

Yes Always had this feeling when Nirvana was alive, wow those 5 minutes fast runs used to feel like hero killing the bosses like a machine. But now........... b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • _Arjun_ - Raging Tide
    _Arjun_ - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever i just BoA i feel like a hero & whenever i die while doing BoA i die with pride. b:chuckle
  • valjean102
    valjean102 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would buy your bookb:laugh
    I was in the frost covered city run and the Tank locks up on the mobs and is Dying we are all just standing there waiting. So the mobs start dispersing and as they do they begin to get aggroed by us low level Characters. So people start losing life and I rush in Stun the whole Mob with Heavens flame and Roar of Pride then begin to hit the mobs with Fissure and Heavens Cleave to give the rest of the Characters the opportunity to escape the agro zone. To my honors guard I fell in battle but my Fellow Adventurers survived. So the story would be written some what like this:

The Captain of the Guard looks at the Huge barbarian bearing down on him and laughs as he knows that the end is close and then something happens the Barbarian is hit from behind and slips and hits his head on the edge of his axe cutting his scalp from ear to ear. As the huge barbarian falls to the ground his companions are struck with fear and awe that there champion leader has fallen. The lieutenants form ranks and head after the remaining companions with cold icy blood vengeance in their eyes. Hacking and slashing they begin to pick apart the companions until suddenly the Blacksmith's son who trained all his life by the axe learning to wield it when he was but a boy comes to their aid steps into the fray and lets out a Roar of Pride! The Captains and Lieutenants are dumbstruck, they are so stunned by the sound of such a proud defiance that they begin to hesitate and in that moment Jaysonion Calls upon the Dragons of Heaven and lays siege to the captain's men taking their numbers to a handful of Lieutenants and guards. This gives the companions there best chance for survival to run and live to fight another day. But Jaysonion knows if he allows them to follow they will cut the companions down and pick them off one at a time until we are all dust. And so he has decided he grits his teeth turns and looks the advancing tumult of seething blood thirsty eyes of these cold creatures and grins and yells run I will follow shortly. The companions knowing their fate say a word of luck and run for their lives. Jaysonion turns and charges into the oncoming assault and with his last strength performs the motions of the Fissure Dance and the Heavens Cleave weaving attacks of Graceful Death from up above as he dances and slashes and lands blow after blow the fighting is taking its toll and his faithful friend Zeal at his side the whole time granting speed and shielding him when she can. But it is not enough the iron will of the Blademaster can not endure this fury forever. His axes never wane his determination never falters with his last stroke he beheads the captain as he is mowed down from all sides. The death of a hero who's tale will be told from sea to sea and from land to land all those who have heard of the great tale of the Hero of the frostcovered city Jaysonion will find hope in his sacrifice and endeavour to be so brave.

And that is how it happened.
  • dewthuru1000
    dewthuru1000 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are waiting for 2x.... GM's pls tell us when will next 2x come? b:kiss b:dirty b:pleased
  • bosnianboy3344
    bosnianboy3344 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a time that me and one of my Faction members from relic where in a nw 2 vs 10 and he was going out to look for the flag and he finds it and all the suden he is serounded by the 10 ppl whitch wher all squishy casters i pop out of stealth and Earth rift and subsea and they fall over one after a nother he grabs the flag and runs of lol
  • valjean102
    valjean102 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i remember almost 4 years ago when hh90 gear with immac shards where OP i was a
    lvl 65 cleric with 3 star gear and was asked for help in an fb 89 Eden
    there where 3 major agro takers an archer an mage and 1 of the first battle clerics in game who never healed a moment i kept them alive switching between the attacking chars with spam heals and none of them died that was my moment of pride and victory
    the sad part is after that i never had a moment of rest all needed my help nowb:shocked
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a time that me and one of my Faction members from relic where in a nw 2 vs 10 and he was going out to look for the flag and he finds it and all the suden he is serounded by the 10 ppl whitch wher all squishy casters i pop out of stealth and Earth rift and subsea and they fall over one after a nother he grabs the flag and runs of lol

2 problems with this hero story:
    1.) The casters were morons for all standing together while attacking from range
    2.) I hope you did that earthen rift + subsea combo the other way around (subsea first)

Also, b:cry still no dagger textures
  • Seraephin - Archosaur
    Seraephin - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was gonna start my day with PWI but it looks like I actually got time to eat breakfast, thank you ! b:pleased
  • Supercharged - Lost City
    Supercharged - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A barbarian standing at modest ~ level 101. Full nirvana 3rd cast. I entered nation wars Flame side blasting one of my favorite songs. Combichrist ~ Get your body beat.

To my suprise the land I decided to assist had 3 people now 4 with me joining, versus 15 Light nation warriors. As I entered it was instantly a massive slaughter the VILLANS were base camping the 3 that came before me. I instantly ran out and used armageddon killing 5 of these base campers giving the poor 8x seeker a chance to spawn.

I invited the 3 to squad and buffed them. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the bm who had grabbed the flag. I was in luck he was only R8. I called upon my genie and occult iced him followed by a tripple spark and a devour, he was left cold on the floor after a few paws. If that bm had slipped by we would have lost that battle. Shortly after reinforcments starting appearing on our side and as a team we striked fear in the heart of the enemy eventualy claiming victory for that battle and later that night the entire Nation War.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are waiting for 2x.... GM's pls tell us when will next 2x come? b:kiss b:dirty b:pleased

+1 b:laugh b:laugh that would be awesome
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will the dorb pack sale be over after main?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    2 problems with this hero story:
    1.) The casters were morons for all standing together while attacking from range
    2.) I hope you did that earthen rift + subsea combo the other way around (subsea first)

Also, b:cry still no dagger textures

yeah ur rite XD b:laugh
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    as far as i kno itz till next month
  • chuy1n
    chuy1n Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once when i whas on my sin and we were killing primal fear in lunar.. and them as allways squad got splat by the boos exept for me cause luckly i whas sparking and the boos had 400k hp i gues and everybody (my squad) whas yust dead on the water and chearring me up like yay! u can do it! and i whas like ****! my charm.. and i managed to kill him and i felt like a hero :Db:laugh
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *thinks of all the times he saved failed delta squads due to fail barbs*

Albeit I can't take all the credit for solely being able to do that, I had a real good friend/backup if I made a slight mistake in there, but when she and I were there, it never failed. :D (On our mains, me my bm, her... her male mystic. :P)

Epic times those were, especially considering my gear back then, and the fact they weren't at the spawnpoint. Both of our gears have naturally... and drastically increased, her's more than mine, but still... I do miss those days. D:
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi everyone,
    servers are open now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the U.S servers are back come in guys. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <_< Does PWI run Comcast now because my cable service went down as soon as maint started and it just came back...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SweetieBot can confirm the servers are back up! Yay!

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 332ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 369ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PvE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 378ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 341ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 298ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 299ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 276ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 398ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• rayapresbe1
    rayapresbe1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel most like a hero when I take noobs and practiced players out show them the ropes in instances and watch them grow in their own rights as competent players who can go into any instance with any group and survive fail group or not. My legacy is training those so they can survive, but not by my teaching but by learning how to better play the game their way and grow from their experiences as well as mine. My honor story is not like most because I gain my honor not as a master surpassing their students but as a proud master watching the tools they give their students carve a capale and unsurpassable opponent in their own right,
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm..I can't say I've felt like that before but the hype I get in a TW or NW counts I suppose. I don't get to do those often though :(
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember a time I used to be so giddy over new fashion. But those days have long passed.
  • jays76
    jays76 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valjean102 wrote: »
    I would buy your bookb:laugh

Haha Thanks my daughter is a writer and she had a hard time getting through my poor grammar but if she could've maybe she would have enjoyed it like you did.