Hello :D Help!

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Assassin
Hello pro sins of PWI - I need your help.

So, this is what my sins gear is going to look like when he hits 100(I have all the gear, just needs like 40% more till 100). Don't mind the level 101, I shall be getting him there.

Question is, for an alt character which I sometimes NW on when I can make it and basically nothing else(maybe warsong later on if I get unbored of it, who knows) is this gear sufficient?

Might use it in TW occasionally as well, but they would definitely be lower tier TWs.

Thank you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The downside of a sin is, you will be detected from every other sin around and thats a huge problem in NW.
    At lv 100, you cant consider yourself invisible, even 101 and 102 arent really safe in stealth.
    103 is good, 104 and 105 best for feeling invisible tbh.

To the gear, it works. You will have problems killing stuff with better gear, because g15 is just outdated and even g16 doesnt deal the glory of damage.
    Dont expect to triplespark too often, so you will have a problem dealing damage.

You will be oneshot to... almost any r9 caster so prepare to die often.

i would roll a different class if its just an alt. Sin isnt the best class to do nw with.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a farming toon.

I dont have sins, want sins or like sins, but from what i understand, APS is not the way to go for pvp sins.
    Since you alreay got the gear for this farming toon, i would however upgrade the weapon to G16 and get those 40 attack levels. And well i guess the reason you use that help is because you already got it +10.... On that goes with your leggings would be a much better choise though.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    As an alt that will only occasionally do things that may require any real effort, it's fine. You'll be able to kill the really squishy (or unskilled) with ease and any real opponent will likely be able to kill you in 2-5 hits (including nerves). Obviously, stealth won't be as big a factor due to level but that's fair enough.

Now go back to farming my warsoul claws.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    those are really nice add's on them g15's b:victory. One good thing g16 has over g15 zerk's aside more dps is no hp loss. One thing to think about when upgrading gear for a farming char is if the upgrade is really worth it. The problem with g16's just like the old g15 days is how many rolls is it going to take me to get x,x and x. before it was gof/ss and int, and possibly a patt add, now its 1x int, 2x or even 3x that most look for. you could get int on the first roll or 100 rerolls later. When i reroll'd my g16's the last time i was just looking for good add's for tw/nw. I got lucky with 2x int and range, so i kept them as it opened a very nice door for me. which was switching out the old tt99 orns for my ws belt and cube neck, and with a tome still be at 5aps and eventually switching to sage. The difference with me is this is one of my 2 main toons, so upgrading the gear is worth it for me.

with you upgrading your gear could end up being an added cost you do not want. remember a farming char is no use if it turns into a money pit. get it to where you can do what you need to do with it, and put the funds you gain were they belong with you main char. there are countless posts on how some nablet wants to spend billions of coins on a farming char with absurd defenses and damage that is hardly any more efficient at farming than sins with 1/4 of the gear and far less cost.

running warsong does not take a op sin, running most bosses in tt does not either. be smart keep your gear the way it is, refine the daggers to 10 and your leggs as well. with that setup you can farm just about anything in the game. i know this because i did the same on my sin with less hp and r8 daggers @ 3.33 sparked.

good luck and have fun doing it b:pleased
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Salari

She never mentioned farming anywhere, only doing NW and TW, Warsong only when its not boring anymore heh.

For NW and TW you should roll a different class if you ask me. I cant tell you which class, i dont know, what you enjoy playing.
    When you enjoy playing Sin, go ahead and do your thing. If you only making this sin to keep hopes up in doing very good in NW, well i wouldnt be suprised if it the opposite.

As a pure farming machine, sure Sin is the best toon for the job. But as a farming toon, i would suggest g16 daggers, even at 4aps sparked, they deal more damage then g15 does.
    The only thing is, you have to run either warsong with your sin to get the badges, doing it on your main and roll the daggers there (if they are still unbound ofc) or simply sellking g15 daggers and buy g16 ones (with int on HL around 100-110mil).

If its worth it? Yes it is.
    Deals more damage means gets **** done faster, faster means more money.
    Also the BP heals are way better on the average number means you survive more and longer.
    Zerk is neat and all used correctly, but in farming, it lowers your survivability. especially with g15 daggers which lacks of attack levels and with +6 refine, you wont get your HP back you just lost (or just barely).

Its up to you i suppose. Zerk can deal high damage numbers on PvP targets just fine, but you wont see that too often on players with equal gear or slightly better. Not talking about able to kill r9 toons or +10 ones.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though i dont have pvp experience as well as no sin experience, i think i understand enough of it to clarify a little more:

You HPs and defence provides you about 15k effective HP for both magic and physical. That is extremely little. 15 defence levels from the free blessing would make it some 17k, still extremely little. As your damage is devided by 4 in PvP, that means people need to hit you for 60-70k. Many of the R9s and very well equiped G16s will do this consistently without the need for crits, zerks or debuffs. The mediocre G16s will need 2 hits or they may still 1 hit you with a crit a zerk, or HF or certainly with a combination of those.

meanwhile, in pvp, your targets dont usually stand still very much so it is very hard to get value out of your APS and you dont get to spark as easilly to make it really shine anyways.

If you dont go for APS, you can wear full g16 sets providing some defence levels and better refinements as well as a cube neck and warsong belt. Since you wont be needing the pan gu anymore, this can all be done with the same budget and you will easilly get double the effective HPs.

Thats why I dont think this is a pvp toon, but a farming toon instead, because as said, when its about farming, this build is the best of em. (with G16 weapon)

Why would you NW with your alt ? To abuse the system, or because your main is even less suitable for NW ?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Why would you NW with your alt ? To abuse the system, or because your main is even less suitable for NW ?

Because Surrnoob is a weirdo. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b:laugh with more n more rrr9 mages future or aps sins killing mage classes easily is getting darker n darker XD b:laugh
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Because Surrnoob is a weirdo. b:cute

Very true.
    Even though i dont have pvp experience as well as no sin experience, i think i understand enough of it to clarify a little more:

You HPs and defence provides you about 15k effective HP for both magic and physical. That is extremely little. 15 defence levels from the free blessing would make it some 17k, still extremely little. As your damage is devided by 4 in PvP, that means people need to hit you for 60-70k. Many of the R9s and very well equiped G16s will do this consistently without the need for crits, zerks or debuffs. The mediocre G16s will need 2 hits or they may still 1 hit you with a crit a zerk, or HF or certainly with a combination of those.

meanwhile, in pvp, your targets dont usually stand still very much so it is very hard to get value out of your APS and you dont get to spark as easilly to make it really shine anyways.

If you dont go for APS, you can wear full g16 sets providing some defence levels and better refinements as well as a cube neck and warsong belt. Since you wont be needing the pan gu anymore, this can all be done with the same budget and you will easilly get double the effective HPs.

Thats why I dont think this is a pvp toon, but a farming toon instead, because as said, when its about farming, this build is the best of em. (with G16 weapon)

I like to NW with BM/Veno/Wiz/Sin. Wiz mostly due to the gear I have but I do enjoy a break from 1-2 shotting everything insight except for R93 people.
    b:laugh with more n more rrr9 mages future or aps sins killing mage classes easily is getting darker n darker XD b:laugh

Yes I know that. It's an alt for a change of pace, nothing more really. My main will always be my wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)