Cleric or Wizard for pvp

Options
blackeroasis
blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
Hey all just wondering if clerics have the same survive-ability as a wizard in endgame pvp situations.

Also are clerics able to take down big targets (r9rr barbs) the same way a r9rr wizard would be able to do it.

If there are any r9rr clerics out there that can give some insight on there damage against equally geared classes and their survive-ability I would greatly appreciate it.

I know a wiz has amazing damage output at endgame especially if r9rr +12 I was just wondering if a clerics versatility is a factor that you would choose over a wiz for an endgame pvp character.

Thanks
Post edited by blackeroasis on

Comments

• Suekasa - Archosaur
    Suekasa - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well I have A wizard And i have Found this Clerics Have alot of physical attacks. Wizards Having 1 That take over 2 sparks and 4.0 channeling time.Clerics Channel 1.2
    (plumeshot)

wizards may have skills that allow them too Increase physical Defense but not really a
    Problem.

Clerics doo Metal Damage and can Heal themselves Fairly fast Wizards cannot

1 healing skill (super slow)

There are many Pros and Cons win compare them In a Fight Wizard VS Cleric Pick the Cleric lol.

It all depends on your Style.

If you wish too live the longest my best guess would be Cleric b:surrender
    f:laugh"In the virtual world, you have power,respect,friends and peace. Why would you
    want to return to the real world?"f:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    1. Clerics will probably survive longer than the wizard because they have support skills specifically tailored towards doing so.

2. Clerics will have a hard time taking down equally geared or higher geared barbs and BMs solely because they will probably not be able to output enough damage to do so like a wizard or psy will.

3. If you're looking for a magic DD for mass PVP, choose either wizard or psy. Clerics are great at 1v1 due to being sort of like magical sins, but they're expected to play support role in mass PVP and are generally terrible DDs in mass PVP anyway compared to wizard/psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    1. Clerics will probably survive longer than the wizard because they have support skills specifically tailored towards doing so.

2. Clerics will have a hard time taking down equally geared or higher geared barbs and BMs solely because they will probably not be able to output enough damage to do so like a wizard or psy will.

3. If you're looking for a magic DD for mass PVP, choose either wizard or psy. Clerics are great at 1v1 due to being sort of like magical sins, but they're expected to play support role in mass PVP and are generally terrible DDs in mass PVP anyway compared to wizard/psy.

Pretty much this. 1v1 Clerics shine a lot more than in group situations and even with lower damage can still set up kills with the absorbing arrays. Unfortunately we don't have any fully end game clerics on Dreamweaver compared to wizards so it can be a bit hard to really see their potential.

Cleric have huge survivability when built right but surviving is not enough in pk you also need to mount an attack. I personally like cleric pk, can switch from support to DD and also crowd control to a small degree.
  • blackeroasis
    blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Okay so if a cleric shines more in 1v1 situations how much does cleric shine verses other classes that are geared towards 1v1? (wondering how much of an advantage does a cleric has over other classes in that situation)

Also I was wondering how well clerics do when being ganked?

I'm a little concerned about clerics having trouble with killing equally geared classes. I really like clerics versatility but it kinda sounds like I would be wasting my time and money making a +12 josd cleric?
  • Suekasa - Archosaur
    Suekasa - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ive Seen Pretty Scary Looking Clerics +12 full JOsD and *full R9* and OMG 1 shot anyone? i mean Clerics are Very Strong Don't let them Fool Yea with the Numbers I Suggest you Look at what a Fully Geared Cleric can do.But Ive seen Wizards do the same but in there Case Thy Don't heal themselves They Rely on charms or Crab,Aids And kiting too Stay Alive.
    f:laugh"In the virtual world, you have power,respect,friends and peace. Why would you
    want to return to the real world?"f:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Both classes are very good, and are effective in both 1v1s and group pvp/tw/nw. Like many others have said, clerics play a support role in group pvp.. and wizards are pretty much always just a DD class. In my experience 1v1ing eps, I think wizards have a slight edge.. the ep really really struggles to finish a wizard (I've never really even gotten close to dying from r9rr +12 eps in a 1v1), and although it is very difficult for a wizard to kill an end game ep, it is definitely possible. In group pvp the effectiveness of each class really just depends on what classes are on your team, if you already have a lot of support players.. the dedicated DD would probably be preferred, if you had a lot of DDs, probably the support class would be more effective.

For survival, it really just depends. Clerics get some nice heals/purify and things like plume shell (also long control skills).. wizards have the barrier and ofc blink which is invaluable. It is really nice to instantly jump out of range of your opponents, but it's hard to say how that compares to what a cleric has.

Long story short, both characters are really good, you should pick the one that appeals to you more.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Unless you just really love your Cleric, I would say to go with Wizard. PvP on Cleric gets pretty boring easily over time because they lack variety of methods for killing. You'll find yourself often using the same combos to down your enemies...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]