[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 5-14-2013 [COMPLETE]

v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

We've got maintenance tonight, with an estimated downtime of 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.

This week's question:

Have you ever had an awesome PWI moment where you felt like the hero right out of a movie? Tell us about it!

Thanks!

- The PWI Team
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWI Patch Notes v716 - Released May 15th, 2013

Localization
    - The Sage version for the Seeker and Mystic Books have been correctly renamed to Sage
    - The Dragon Bane skill no longer incorrectly notes that Critical Hits will not be displayed
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh lawd.

Every damn day. I'm just a friggin' beast man.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 713-716 13.1MB (13743006 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    v4liance wrote: »
    Have you ever had an awesome PWI moment where you felt like the hero right out of a movie?
    You've been mistaken, you are the opposite of clever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• BeauVivi - Archosaur
    BeauVivi - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its that feeling of saving someone from a mob or another person after you come out of no where. At least, that's how I feel when I save people in NW f:fan f:hehe
    101 Sage Mystic (Main)BeauVivi -Leader of Dark_Aura
    101 Demon Sin- Blue_Vivi
    96 Demon Cleric- /Isis\
    92 Sage Seeker- Dark_Isis
    7x Archer- Blue__Beauty

I miss those times...
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • kathrynshadow
    kathrynshadow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my favorite feeling in the game is when a lower leveled character is struggling in a fight and i come in to help them kill it. sometimes i'd wish someone would help me so i'm like a superhero to the others
  • talondorgrim
    talondorgrim Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the frost covered city run and the Tank locks up on the mobs and is Dying we are all just standing there waiting. So the mobs start dispersing and as they do they begin to get aggroed by us low level Characters. So people start losing life and I rush in Stun the whole Mob with Heavens flame and Roar of Pride then begin to hit the mobs with Fissure and Heavens Cleave to give the rest of the Characters the opportunity to escape the agro zone. To my honors guard I fell in battle but my Fellow Adventurers survived. So the story would be written some what like this:

The Captain of the Guard looks at the Huge barbarian bearing down on him and laughs as he knows that the end is close and then something happens the Barbarian is hit from behind and slips and hits his head on the edge of his axe cutting his scalp from ear to ear. As the huge barbarian falls to the ground his companions are struck with fear and awe that there champion leader has fallen. The lieutenants form ranks and head after the remaining companions with cold icy blood vengeance in their eyes. Hacking and slashing they begin to pick apart the companions until suddenly the Blacksmith's son who trained all his life by the axe learning to wield it when he was but a boy comes to their aid steps into the fray and lets out a Roar of Pride! The Captains and Lieutenants are dumbstruck, they are so stunned by the sound of such a proud defiance that they begin to hesitate and in that moment Jaysonion Calls upon the Dragons of Heaven and lays siege to the captain's men taking their numbers to a handful of Lieutenants and guards. This gives the companions there best chance for survival to run and live to fight another day. But Jaysonion knows if he allows them to follow they will cut the companions down and pick them off one at a time until we are all dust. And so he has decided he grits his teeth turns and looks the advancing tumult of seething blood thirsty eyes of these cold creatures and grins and yells run I will follow shortly. The companions knowing their fate say a word of luck and run for their lives. Jaysonion turns and charges into the oncoming assault and with his last strength performs the motions of the Fissure Dance and the Heavens Cleave weaving attacks of Graceful Death from up above as he dances and slashes and lands blow after blow the fighting is taking its toll and his faithful friend Zeal at his side the whole time granting speed and shielding him when she can. But it is not enough the iron will of the Blademaster can not endure this fury forever. His axes never wane his determination never falters with his last stroke he beheads the captain as he is mowed down from all sides. The death of a hero who's tale will be told from sea to sea and from land to land all those who have heard of the great tale of the Hero of the frostcovered city Jaysonion will find hope in his sacrifice and endeavour to be so brave.

And that is how it happened.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm.. I'll get back to you on this one...
    /Edit:
    Finally got time to do this... so a moment that I felt like a hero... hm...
    When I 1v1ed a bm that is meant to be the "best geared bm on the server" and I won, Best. Moment. Ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happens a lot, specially in Nation wars.

The best moment I had once when I came in a territory, without my squad. The team from my nation was about to lose. The enemy flag carrier was very close to the capture, so I used a pill to go to the capture zone, and then I killed him.

After that, I was lucky to be on the spots where the flag spawned. I took the flag 2 times, and captured it 2 times.

I turned that tide of battle around completely.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, the one time I asked a GM to put on 2x, and we got 2x. Speaking of, can we have 2x for summer vacation? b:cute

/dreams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once in a lower level Frost (I was like, 87 I think?)on the magic hall, we were on a pull with a laggy barb, and despite all the ranged dds no one took the harpy down for me so I could heal safely and were stealing aggro left and right. I somehow managed to keep everyone alive, solo the harpy, and tempest/tank the magic mobs while the barb recovered from his lag spike.

b:cute

There was also that one time I offered to tank the groups of the mobs in the short phy hall because we'd died on the pull and I wanted to save the tank's exp. I lived! (barely) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Amberlinna - Archosaur
    Amberlinna - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saving squad tank from certain death at the last moment in Delta!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    90% of the time I run with a random squad where something goes wrong and people start running around like headless chickens while I do what's needed to get us out of it in one piece.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Flying with dem black wings

pfff im batman
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, I'm always feels like a victim, hostage, then Stockholm syndrome b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, I'm always feels like a victim, hostage, then Stockholm syndrome b:surrender

That's why I can't seem to get rid of you... b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm hope maint, includes fixing/taking a look at the Advanced Grind Machine, wont work on my lvl 76 mystic in RT <-- posted that in another tread too including times for the problem to occur
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Foxyz - Raging Tide
    Foxyz - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once i kiled a mob that was hiting someone that was afk
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and one time I res'd a bunch of dead catshops in west. <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Temptesting a buncha mobs to grab aggro, so that the sin could kill the mobs off at her own leisurely pace, the barb suddenly said brb after running into the mobs >.>

That, and when I took turns with a sin to pull GV <: (We had two clerics, and the others in squad refused to/couldn't pull.)f:cool
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everytime I get a HORRIBLE BH squad & no one dies f:cool

Killing sins who try to spawn kill me before I even get to buff up in Warz f:meh
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if i manage to solo nw battle vs 20 people and win.. theyre like wtf :D
    if i barrage entire faction out of nowhere and they all die..

i feel more like im sadistic then a hero tho :P
  • Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver
    Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that pets should be able to evolve already... and why's crash up system when there's an egg in the catshop sometimes now?
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO b:laugh need time on this one i guess b:laugh
  • SpiritAngelo - Heavens Tear
    SpiritAngelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One day i was really drunk and ended up tanking a whole BH 100+ with my 5.0 archer. b:victory
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b:laugh
    when the whole bh squad gets wiped, & i gotta solo tank til the cleric gets back to reivive everyone b:victory
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW with my faction, me being the bait and the guys being the hero as I watch the bodies drop around me.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've got maintenance tonight, with an estimated downtime of 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.

This week's question:

Have you ever had an awesome PWI moment where you felt like the hero right out of a movie? Tell us about it!

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

hero?? wtf is a hero?? i didnt know said "heroes" existed in this game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Damirien - Heavens Tear
    Damirien - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like mister bean aaaal the time... why? don't ask me.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicing! Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PvE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451