You might get a kick out of this

Options
Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
Recently I was in an FC squad, and on first pull I used Roar of the Pride like I always do to stun pulls. Seeker yells at me for not DDing and stunning instead and wouldn't listen to the whole squad telling him I was right. I get kicked (seeker had lead) get pm 5 secs later from cleric in squad saying he left cause that was stupid and wrong. We start new squad rest of the old squad joins and we find a new DD. we do a fast solid run and when we're done seeker is still using Teles to fill his squad
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Recently I was in an FC squad, and on first pull I used Roar of the Pride like I always do to stun pulls. Seeker yells at me for not DDing and stunning instead and wouldn't listen to the whole squad telling him I was right. I get kicked (seeker had lead) get pm 5 secs later from cleric in squad saying he left cause that was stupid and wrong. We start new squad rest of the old squad joins and we find a new DD. we do a fast solid run and when we're done seeker is still using Teles to fill his squad

If the tank can live w/o stun no reason to

That said it sounds like one of the endless leigon of derpithasaswordiwant seekers and insta kick seems a bit lolsy

then again I'm hoping your not trying to fcc heavily at 56
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You'll find barbs that don't want you to stun because they use the mob attacks for chi so they can sunder, arma, and have enough chi for next pull. It helps them keep aggro and keep the squad safe. But you rarely find a seeker who doesn't want stun. Maybe he just wanted HF->1 shot mobs?

Yah, dumb ***** will be dumb *****.

You find this alot in BH 100 squads who wont take a BM to tank and spam WC forever LF a barb (or sometimes seeker). In the meantime you hop into another squad and finish before they've ever found a tank.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    A barb can ask you not to stun so he can use the mobs for chi, as has been said

A seeker has no reason to, unless he wants the mobs to not all attack at once which can bypass charm pretty quickly. But not DDing? That's a ridiculous reason.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    im 95 im really not sure why my icon always says 56. and it was a mid 80s seeker who refused to vortex but was acting like an overconfident know it all who died on the pull anyways
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You'll find barbs that don't want you to stun because they use the mob attacks for chi so they can sunder, arma, and have enough chi for next pull. It helps them keep aggro and keep the squad safe. But you rarely find a seeker who doesn't want stun. Maybe he just wanted HF->1 shot mobs?

Yah, dumb ***** will be dumb *****.

You find this alot in BH 100 squads who wont take a BM to tank and spam WC forever LF a barb (or sometimes seeker). In the meantime you hop into another squad and finish before they've ever found a tank.

I was once kicked from BH100 for pulling the instance up to the door with the group a little behind me. The barb aggro'd mobs before I lept back (the frogs were a bit behind this particular pull) and ended up getting himself and two others killed. After I solo'd it all I was kicked, guess they didn't hate me enough to deal with it on their own. So I just went in another group, but they were late getting in so I pulled it all again and solo'd it and no complaints were had and we finished nice and quick.

I don't see why people think only barbs can pull. People be cray.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I was once kicked from BH100 for pulling the instance up to the door with the group a little behind me. The barb aggro'd mobs before I lept back (the frogs were a bit behind this particular pull) and ended up getting himself and two others killed. After I solo'd it all I was kicked, guess they didn't hate me enough to deal with it on their own. So I just went in another group, but they were late getting in so I pulled it all again and solo'd it and no complaints were had and we finished nice and quick.

I don't see why people think only barbs can pull. People be cray.

I just had a similar experience while pulling on my seeker but all I did was 3 frogs exactly for that reason but still half the squad dropped dead from the aoe -.- The cleric sat there and rezzed not giving me heals. Every time I'd start a pull the stoopid wizard would attack the first mobs (while I pulled) and would die. The squad, including the cleric, would hang back and kill the mobs so I'd turn around and help them.

This happened 3 times. Finally I said "**** it, let them die" and continued my pull. Still, squad hung back to kill the 2 mobs the wizard pulled off my during my pull. Did a nice sized pull, put up vortex, and it got knocked down by the Revenants. I sat there aoeing for about 20 seconds with no help before poison stacked too much and I died. I made a few rude comments about the wizard and a cleric who is stupid enough to help people make the same mistake over and over again. "I heal who needs to be healed" was their response. I then pointed to my own dead body and said "obviously not. You ignore the tank." Almost rage quit there but I rarely rage quit, I just keep a 'PWI Sht List' file and write peoples names and what they did in it and the date. Occasionally I'll clear it out to give people second chances.

Prolly gonna post in the cleric forums just to see what other people do. If I'm clericing and someone keeps making the same mistake I let them die so they know "maybe I shouldn't do that again." Also, tank has priority over DDs. /rant
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I just had a similar experience while pulling on my seeker but all I did was 3 frogs exactly for that reason but still half the squad dropped dead from the aoe -.- The cleric sat there and rezzed not giving me heals. Every time I'd start a pull the stoopid wizard would attack the first mobs (while I pulled) and would die. The squad, including the cleric, would hang back and kill the mobs so I'd turn around and help them.

This happened 3 times. Finally I said "**** it, let them die" and continued my pull. Still, squad hung back to kill the 2 mobs the wizard pulled off my during my pull. Did a nice sized pull, put up vortex, and it got knocked down by the Revenants. I sat there aoeing for about 20 seconds with no help before poison stacked too much and I died. I made a few rude comments about the wizard and a cleric who is stupid enough to help people make the same mistake over and over again. "I heal who needs to be healed" was their response. I then pointed to my own dead body and said "obviously not. You ignore the tank." Almost rage quit there but I rarely rage quit, I just keep a 'PWI Sht List' file and write peoples names and what they did in it and the date. Occasionally I'll clear it out to give people second chances.

Prolly gonna post in the cleric forums just to see what other people do. If I'm clericing and someone keeps making the same mistake I let them die so they know "maybe I shouldn't do that again." Also, tank has priority over DDs. /rant

Yeah... people are annoying at times. Which is exactly why I don't do stuff in groups unless it's BH or a friend needs help. I hate wasting my resources for people who can't play right, and that tends to happen pretty often.

Also, I hate that poison. I make sure to stay at 3 sparks as I pull so I can triple spark it all off then start AoEing. The stuff tends to drop pretty quickly.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    So guess I'm the only one who intentionaly tried to wipe squads by pulling in bh seat to door on my barb

Oddly it almost never got kicked

Happily when a squad lived at least one useful slave befriended it

More oddly it got friended a lot on wipes too

Srsly PWI is just a big game of "kill the cleric" if played right b:pleased
    im 95 im really not sure why my icon always says 56. and it was a mid 80s seeker who refused to vortex but was acting like an overconfident know it all who died on the pull anyways

Doublepost

The only other time I've seen that issue is on Telariths old bm (stuck at 70something) its a known issue but will probably never be fixed.

And ya that sounds like the average seeker/pwi player

Do you get the barbs that pull like 2 groups at a time as well?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Do you get the barbs that pull like 2 groups at a time as well?

There have been barbs with 15K+ hp refusing to pull because mobs hurt in bh, delta, trials. In those situations i usually get bp, even if the squad has to wait and i kill things one group at a time. Those barbs refuse to tank anything.
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    There have been barbs with 15K+ hp refusing to pull because mobs hurt in bh, delta, trials. In those situations i usually get bp, even if the squad has to wait and i kill things one group at a time. Those barbs refuse to tank anything.

I only have 16k hp in tiger and i very rarely have trouble luring mobs in any instance.

However i gotta admit its fun luring the frogs in SoT just to kill that one person in the squad you dont like b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    However i gotta admit its fun luring the frogs in SoT just to kill that one person in the squad you dont like b:shutup

The other fun thing is when frogs slow you down, and your pulling friend is waiting for your stun, everyone there knows this will not end well b:laugh.