The Real End

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE is named for the game, not vice versa, did not develop Perfect World, and is only responsible for the boutique sales and localization. Development and the control of content is in the hands of Wanmei, who bought out the original developers.

While PWE has made lots of bone-headed decisions, not all boneheaded decisions connected to PWI are PWE's fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You.....no. Just no.

An MMO is considered dead when there is no point in playing it anymore.
    So yes. This game is dead. It's been dead since November 10th, 2010.

Why is the game dead? There's several reasons:

PWI is doing little to nothing to encourage new blood into the game.
    Levels are pretty much handed to you. They created an instance (lazily, it's a Warsong copy and everybody knows it,) where you literally SIT and get exp and spirit.

I've been playing this game since the genie expansion, but where the REAL flood of people came in, was in the Raging Tides expansion. I started a brand new toon on Harshlands, getting bored of the same old bull in LC, and went on from there.
    IT WAS PACKED.

There were so many people running around, that PK would flare up just over Oracle or normal quest mobs. I'm talking places like Secret Passage, Swamp of the Wraiths, Shattered Jade, Burning Heart, and areas outside of 1k. It was full of people! There were tons of them!

Go look at those areas now. The only PvP areas still alive from the days of "true" PvP, are West, and Silver Pool--and even then, (ESPECIALLY in Harshlands,) You have to take a small armada of people, because it's never going to be a square fight.
    There is NOBODY out there to help level. I don't even want to think about how many low level guilds there USED to be, compared to now. I still remember when Harshland's #2 Guild (Crimson) was still taking 70+.

If there's nobody around for new players to hang with, why the hell would they stay around? Easy--they won't, and they don't. It doesn't matter how much content and advertisement you do: if you don't make this game FEEL important and get an emotional attachment to your players, you will never see a new flow of players.
    The Raging Tide expansion did this by giving us a new, mysterious race, with a storyline that actually.....existed. There were old and new players trying out these classes, and therefore, you were made to interact with people and make connections. The endgame at that point was easy to achieve and actually meant something.

Why didn't this work with the Earthguard expansion? Easy.
    Rank 9 and the Goon Incident had already put a bad label on PWE's management. So naturally, very few people came. There is/was no point in attempting to get to endgame, simply because of the existence of Rank 9. People felt betrayed because others had cheated, and gotten away with it, while others had been honest and obeyed the rules.

The playerbase is pessimistic--and with a GOOD reason. We've been shafted for two years straight now, with implements and changes that honestly, have only made the overall content of the game worse.

November 10th 2010 was the day they announced the first Summer's Sale. That ONE sale, changed everything...and not for the better. That ONE sale is what has placed us on the path we are now.

I do personally blame Rank 9 for killing this game. It marked the beginning of the end for me, and a lot of others. If you were there that day, you'll know how many quitting posts, rage polls, and hate threads there were on this forum....and if you were playing around that time, you'll know just how many people left this game for good.

Over ONE sale. One stupid, narrow-minded, shortsighted, greedy sale.

Does PWE need to make money? Of course. It's not a charity, it's a company. But there's an ENORMOUS difference between making money wisely, and pulling the pails upon pails of bullsh*t we've been introduced to since that dreadful day.
    You will NOT make longterm profit, if you kill your game in the speed and decisiveness that PWE has apparently moved to. If your game lasts LONGER, and draws in MORE people, your income will inevitably increase.

If you KILL your FLAGSHIP FRANCHISE (you know, that one game named after your company, the one you developed on your own and stuck your name on, and are fully responsible for,) what on earth makes you believe that your company is going to be well spoken for? It's already NOT well spoken for thanks to your management. We all know you know better management than this. This is extremely bad for your business, and it's only hurting your relationship with your customers, as well as your future profits. Wake up and do it right please.

That's honestly all we're asking is that you make choices that will help expand this game. How is that hurting anybody?

I completely agree with you.

It was things like this that gave the company a bad name in the gaming community. You really cant go to any serious game forum without somebody saying something bad about pwe and the way they run things.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You.....no. Just no.

An MMO is considered dead when there is no point in playing it anymore.
    So yes. This game is dead. It's been dead since November 10th, 2010.

Except who's to judge whether or not theres a point in playing it except the people who ARE playing it? And right now, there are people playing it.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except who's to judge whether or not theres a point in playing it except the people who ARE playing it? And right now, there are people playing it.

I do agree with you, there are people playing it. But I have to point out the fact that there honestly could be MORE if PWE as a company managed their game properly.
    I don't claim to be a manager--but even I know kinds of perks like a purify spell on endgame gear is asking for an early MMO retirement.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play off and on, and yeah there isn't a reason for me to log in but that's not PWI's fault.
    I made 20m yesterday just gold trading for 4 hours. Why contiue to bother with low lvl mats. Get enough coin up to gold trade then never be in a catshop again b:dirty

20 million is nothing..
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with Elvenne here!
    I got my wizzie to 105, R9.3+12 all...new tome etc...just not feeling the point to log and the main reason is:

THERE ARE NO MORE CHALLENGES!

I sometimes log for Tournament(though is empty most times).

NW is plain boring...

The PVE aspects of the game are a joke. I mean, I can practically solo all mobs/bosses, ever harpy...heck, clerics did it too on my server ....solo harpywraith...

At least make some AI smarter. Make challenges...make a **** boss that stuns/seals/uses skills/dodges/kills and is a real challenge.

I remember when TT was revamped wow!!!What a blast! I started doing BH again on my cleric and wiz just to get the Dog boss in 3-3....oh...the squad wipes...the good times...

or Lunar trophymode back when lunar capes still mattered, 2-3 years ago with those 2nd valley shovels who would oneshot 2-3 people each time.

WTF? This game became like a kindergarden for slow mentally **** people. PWI holds your hand at every step....

Boredom kills the game, and as a heavy cashoper who helped the game and PWE business, IJS...the business model is going on a slippery slop.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really really loved PWI

I have zero reasons to login, the only things I miss are some really awesome persons I had the honor to meet but the game itself is in a state that's just terrible.

I like games where I can just login and do tons of things with people. PWI used to be a game like this but now most instances are obsolete, for pvp there are fixed times and apart from that its death. I logg in do BH and im bored. Leveling some Alts isn't a real solution. Pwi feels much like a solo player game these days, so many content but no reason to use it because the rewards are insufficient thanks R9.

For R9 you must do absolutely nothing but buy it and here you own the most powerful Gear in the game. How interesting is that setup ?
    I hate Room 38
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well just quit, if you're bored of the game, quit. No point on QQing about people leaving and you have no fun. Just quit the game and don't turn back.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what did you all think would happen when you went and obtained the maxed Rank 9 gear?
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I meant was that players have no right to say if the game is dead, because not all agrees with that. The sentence ''This game is dead'' means its dead. But it isn't. Maybe for you who thinks like that, but you can't speak for all other players like that.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The PWI youtubers are all bored of the game on RT, I'm one of them. The reason is because more and more people are leaving, less people are motivated to TW/PK or do anything at all. You see probably more then half of our playerbase just standing afk in archo or being in catshops.

Since having alts in TW faction is bannable it makes it even worse since PWI encourages us to make alts but we're not allowed to use them for more then PVE. We are in a desperate need of either a joined map for PVP/TW and no more map reset or at least merging of servers that are capable of merging with each other.

I logg on mostly just to do BH since that's pretty much the only coin income PWI has along with TW pay anymore. With NW fee's within time most servers will have almost no coin for players to use and we will resort to exchanging items for items like ancient people.

Lets face it, like it is now its going straight downhill from now, some people may not notice it but within time you will see it for yourself how less and less people are being active and most likely will end up looking for a new more entertaining game. The last Youtube video I made was 3 months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my wizzie to 105, R9.3+12 all...new tome etc...just not feeling the point to log and the main reason is:

NW is plain boring...

The PVE aspects of the game are a joke. I mean, I can practically solo all mobs/bosses, ever harpy...heck, clerics did it too on my server ....solo harpywraith...

At least make some AI smarter. Make challenges...make a **** boss that stuns/seals/uses skills/dodges/kills and is a real challenge.

I remember when TT was revamped wow!!!What a blast! I started doing BH again on my cleric and wiz just to get the Dog boss in 3-3....oh...the squad wipes...the good times...

or Lunar trophymode back when lunar capes still mattered, 2-3 years ago with those 2nd valley shovels who would oneshot 2-3 people each time.

WTF? This game became like a kindergarden for slow mentally **** people. PWI holds your hand at every step....

Boredom kills the game, and as a heavy cashoper who helped the game and PWE business, IJS...the business model is going on a slippery slop.

i hate to say that but....go back to tt99?b:shutup
    if there are no challenges, what motivated you to get r9rrr in the first place?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Try soloing trial bosses if you want a challenge, or with a few people from your faction.
    But seems like everyone has forgotten them too, trials in the 3-x range aren't that easy and require pretty neat teamwork and gear to actually complete.

Yet no one, or barely anyone, ever does it, because qq the rewards suck.

This is a problem that's also part of the community, give people a challenge, but then they complain about the reward not being sufficient. As if harpy wraith gives anything special b:surrender

You can create your own fun in a game, people just don't allow themselves/others to have fun since it tends to be a no fun allowed zone.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2013

NW is plain boring...

um i think its ur own foult for BUYING the op gear to god boring mode.
    dont make pve insane harder just so YOu who put thousend of dollar on a singel toon to feel a challange.
    as i siad its your own foult for buying urself to god mode.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yay another oh nooooo the game is dead cuz no one is makeing youtube videos we must....go...and make youtube videos...and that will fix it?? waite what?b:laugh
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5-6 pages of posts, that must mean no one posts on the forums. I make 40-60m a day. Not sure how you figured that compound oil and lowbie matts will still sell. People power level toons. Grow with the game and move on to something bigger and better.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Merge the Servers! Find a WAY to do it. Stop trying to deny it almost every server is losing people more and more. So many people are Leaving and bored with the GAME! I Know i miss the days when you would go out to west or OT or SilverPool and see people pking! Bring back life to this once exciting GAMEb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    5-6 pages of posts, that must mean no one posts on the forums. I make 40-60m a day. Not sure how you figured that compound oil and lowbie matts will still sell. People power level toons. Grow with the game and move on to something bigger and better.

You know, I knew merchants, farmers and such. The most you can average in game in terms of making coin is 3-4m. You say you farm 10-15 hours a day? How about a merchant? I know people who were very pro merchants and made 5m a day on each of their catshops. Are you saying you run 8-10 catshops?

Your dedicated!

But to the OP though. The server merge isn't the biggest sign its the rising cost of gold. I say this because of supply/demand analogy. Their must be less gold because there's a higher demand. Because there's is less gold there is less cash going into the game. Because there is less cash going into the game. Its at least going to be harder to run.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    REQUESTING THIS THREAD TO BE CLOSED PLS...f:gross
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes they should merge the servers, the technology is there only problem would be the name databases that aren't shared. Harshlands and Raging tide actually share the same name database i think.

AS FOR videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpo-5NWKcZ0

http://www.youtube.com/user/PerfectArawin

I don't know the video makers you reference XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sucks to be on your server.
    they should merge it with another empty server like they did the EU ones.
    I remember when i visited Loranth. it was sooooo empty.
    After the merge i saw the population increased to half of sanctuarys...
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes they should merge the servers, the technology is there only problem would be the name databases that aren't shared. Harshlands and Raging tide actually share the same name database i think.

They don't, but tbh, I wouldn't mind merging into RT so long as the server remained PVP. Can just offer free transfers to DW or something for the people that want to remain on a PVE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited May 2013
    You know, I knew merchants, farmers and such. The most you can average in game in terms of making coin is 3-4m. You say you farm 10-15 hours a day? How about a merchant? I know people who were very pro merchants and made 5m a day on each of their catshops. Are you saying you run 8-10 catshops?

Your dedicated!

But to the OP though. The server merge isn't the biggest sign its the rising cost of gold. I say this because of supply/demand analogy. Their must be less gold because there's a higher demand. Because there's is less gold there is less cash going into the game. Because there is less cash going into the game. Its at least going to be harder to run.

I have 1-2 shops that sit 24hrs a day. I sell out my items just about every day. I make items people need and want. I price them to where I make plenty of profit to replenish by the end of the night. You don't have to run 8-10 shops in order to make money. You just have to have items that people need. Like I said I make anywhere from 20-60m PROFIT daily. merchanting. It wasn't something I was doing for a long time, but when I found a nitch I took advantage. Pro merchants can make way more than 5m lol.

Here's an example: I purchased Warsoul of Earth 4 socket with immaculates +5 for 10m. I can resell it easily for 20m. Thats a 10m profit right there. If I really wanted to push the limit, I can try and sell for 25m. But, since I only paid 10m for it, I can make fast money and sell for 20m. Easy 10m. I bought 6 clean genies, using miages I got from BH and Nirvi Talisman. 18 mirages, 93m spirit on my toon, got a Genie to 79/100, sold for 9m. That's all profit. Free mirages, free spirit. Easy money. I also make nirvi gear with tt matts and nw cannies and sell. Easy profit. My shops are up when i'm at work, and up when im sleeping.
    edited May 2013

Your dedicated!

How are you figuring less gold. Gold on my server hit at one point 2.1m each. Now it's 1.4m. The less gold, the higher people sell for to try and get the most money they can. The more gold, the lower it is and people compete to sell their gold, thats when it goes cheaper and cheaper.
    edited May 2013
    If the game is so dead...quit. No one is forcing anyone to stay.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't, but tbh, I wouldn't mind merging into RT so long as the server remained PVP. Can just offer free transfers to DW or something for the people that want to remain on a PVE server.

I liked your first idea more. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol... oh god please merge rt and harshlands and keep pvp... b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    very pro merchants and made 5m a day on each of their catshops.

I lol'ed
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited May 2013
    lol... oh god please merge rt and harshlands and keep pvp... b:sin

yes this needs to happen

games going downhill, lets sick the harshlanders on the pve server peeps.
    That would at least bring half a year of fun to the game and maybe help the economy a tad.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes this needs to happen

games going downhill, lets sick the harshlanders on the pve server peeps.
    That would at least bring half a year of fun to the game and maybe help the economy a tad.

im just lookin at all the pvp server peeps that think the quality of pvp players is better on pvp servers than on pve... i think many top end rt peeps would enjoy this greatly f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]