The Real End

Elvenne - Raging Tide
Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Merge the servers your game is dead dead dead. Are you blind? or you are just letting it die on purpose. It doesnt make sense to me less and less people POST on forums. LESS and LESS people post PWI videos. LESS AND LESS people log on to your game. In my server there is so many people Just leaving. Some of the top PWI video youtubers are just pretty much DONE with the game people Like Skai and Boogiepanda. Do something for what is left of your community. There is almost NO PVP and you think PVE is still fun with the gears you throw at us? You guys are Joke b:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Elvenne - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Educate before you discriminate.
    PWI has already stated it would be extremely difficult for several of the servers to join because they're run on completely different databases, however servers like Sanctuary and Archosaur would be somewhat easier due to the fact that they share the same database.
    (Don't quote me on this, it was along these lines but not exact.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I used to make around a 1M a day from a catshop buying leather, rough fur and compound oil from lowbies. Around a month ago when a famous game went F2P that all dried up I don't even bother setting up the catshop most days now. I assume its because there are no more new players out there who don't know the auction price of these things.

It looks bad but its not a guaranteed disaster. A while back when some other highly anticipated new games came out PWI was slow for a few weeks and bounced back. So its not guaranteed to me that the game is going to die, but it does look bad. If PWI has any amazing new content up its sleeve now is the time to release it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP do you even know when game is dead? I guess you don't. Because game is only dead when there is zero players. DUH
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made 20m yesterday just gold trading for 4 hours. Why contiue to bother with low lvl mats. Get enough coin up to gold trade then never be in a catshop again b:dirty
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made 20m yesterday just gold trading for 4 hours. Why contiue to bother with low lvl mats. Get enough coin up to gold trade then never be in a catshop again b:dirty

People need to diversify, if all traded gold, no1 would make any profit! b:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real end comes when the reasons one/many had to play are lost...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People need to diversify, if all traded gold, no1 would make any profit! b:chuckle

b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    His point on youtubers is valid tho, it has been over a month since I saw a real post from any of the youtubers I follow:

boogiepanda
    Skai
    Bezmor
    This Guy
    iHaxJoo

and others~~
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's ask for R10 and more powerful gears/weap and everyone will come back. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • looken
    looken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they aim for killing PWI and get the players to move to another game from PWE

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=839091

Its not like they aren't trying to get ppl to play something new. its more sustaineble and efficient money wise if you get ppl to start over somewhere else.

Its no use to throw fertilizer on a dying flower, plant a new one insted :P
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The gulf between gears and the way you get the gears make this games day limited.

Merchant or cash are about the only options left to get the super duper end game gears and oddly enough lots of people did get them and so I geuss just let them play with each other whle the majoroity move on to a game that doesn't cost thousands of dollars or countless hours of time just to be even semi competitive.
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PVP DEAD on PVE
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing for a while. The same two issues that were here when I started are still being discussed. 1. New Players joining & staying. 2. End game content to keep the end game players happy.

Some of the attempts to resolve these have been good while others weren't so good. There's more coming if you can wait for a while.

b:bye
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem of this game is that for low levels is to expensive and there is no coins drop for them and for max lvl players the problem is there is nothing to do anymore. Let's say you just bought rank 9 and refine..what do you do next, TT forever? If i were rank9 i will not need anything anymore to farm. There is no content for max lvl players after last gear. You will stay and kill each other all day long? Is boring , that is the problem. You fight for gear and when you get it there is nothing to do with it.
    Maybe more PVE events, more instances, new daily quest for 100+ players but to worth it , not to go and take nothing.
    Now to say what i really feel even if some people will get mad...
    I'm sorry but when you can buy from boutique gears and refines and all you need is there, the game is dead from the day you open boutique. You dont feel the game, kill and fight for gear. If you open boutique it does not mean you played the game. You can have R9 in 10 min and then you are "bored R9 looking for something to do"
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    His point on youtubers is valid tho, it has been over a month since I saw a real post from any of the youtubers I follow:

boogiepanda
    Skai
    Bezmor
    This Guy
    iHaxJoo

and others~~

People who make videos can get bored of the game too. They could also be busy irl. Some stop making videos for a bit, then come back to make more (Such as Transcend and Adroit). Others just quit once and for all. Maybe its time to search for some newer youtubers?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    I'd figured I'd staked most of em out already D:
    Ok, I will search for more...
    but my point stands that most of our active youtubers have left over the last 6 months...
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Merge the servers your game is dead dead dead. Are you blind? or you are just letting it die on purpose. It doesnt make sense to me less and less people POST on forums. LESS and LESS people post PWI videos. LESS AND LESS people log on to your game. In my server there is so many people Just leaving. Some of the top PWI video youtubers are just pretty much DONE with the game people Like Skai and Boogiepanda. Do something for what is left of your community. There is almost NO PVP and you think PVE is still fun with the gears you throw at us? You guys are Joke b:bye

I don't know how it is for your server, but there is entirely too many people on Sanctuary. Even worse, rich people. I wouldn't mind if there were 75% less people on here really.
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    I've been places where your wish was reality, and trust me, you do NOT want that...
    no competition in catshops, deadmarkets, no chance to farm because nobody wants
    your ****, don't even go there Teiw...
  • I_AintTheOne - Raging Tide
    I_AintTheOne - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yaayyy!!! Dead Game is Dead Again. Let's beat the Dead Game to Death!
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look, another "game is dead" thread.
    +1

I had to check the date of this thread for necro because I swore I saw many just like it 4 years ago.b:surrender
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP nevr has interested me in this game since i started in 08,the stopping for every shot is dumb,and all the OP cashers running around i see why most dont do it anyways,PvP in this game has always been in certain areas,west,sp,lost blah blah never any hardcore on the map,i think if they took the ability to drop items from their toons then perhaps people would pk with no worries,without the use of guardian scroll/charm what ever and safety lock.Why you think alot play NW its not just for tokens its for the journey into PKville and not losing anything.

But as in a dead game,well not to dead its just a bunch of people with catshops and rerolls running around..like myself.HT isnt dead i make lots of money still in catshop jsut selling junk on a day to day basis,and well the bhing making a cool crisp 14mill in rewards was greatb:pleased
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Vitzh - Heavens Tear
    Vitzh - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These threads are on almost every MMO forum at some point.

Some servers may be less populated then others, doesn't mean the game is dying. Why do you think they merged the Euro server?
    I have not gone to NW in a long while but DO yes have a SS showing 1200 players (300 per nation) in NW from a few months back. Heavens Tear (and I assume Lost City as well being also a old server) is far from "Dead", at least for NW. As far as daily population goes seems busy enough to me on HT.
    If this is to change there would have to be more NW like events that (some) people simply cannot resist going to.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People not posting videos on youtube, the world is coming to end, everyone head for the bunkers b:shocked.

Maybe it is your faction/server. In my faction people post tw, stuff, everything, everyday. They post good and fail videos of doing things. Soloing things with classes that people don't play with often.

It is a matter of opinion in my opinion, whether the game is dead/dying or alive/living.
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After seeing too much posts like this, I came to realize that the game isn't the one to be changed, but the playerbase should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People who make videos can get bored of the game too. They could also be busy irl. Some stop making videos for a bit, then come back to make more (Such as Transcend and Adroit). Others just quit once and for all. Maybe its time to search for some newer youtubers?
    I'm a new PWI youtuber ._. youtube.com/NoSecondPlan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The gulf between gears and the way you get the gears make this games day limited.

Merchant or cash are about the only options left to get the super duper end game gears and oddly enough lots of people did get them and so I geuss just let them play with each other whle the majoroity move on to a game that doesn't cost thousands of dollars or countless hours of time just to be even semi competitive.

This is true.
    These threads are on almost every MMO forum at some point.

Some servers may be less populated then others, doesn't mean the game is dying. Why do you think they merged the Euro server?
    I have not gone to NW in a long while but DO yes have a SS showing 1200 players (300 per nation) in NW from a few months back. Heavens Tear (and I assume Lost City as well being also a old server) is far from "Dead", at least for NW. As far as daily population goes seems busy enough to me on HT.
    If this is to change there would have to be more NW like events that (some) people simply cannot resist going to.

Adroit is high level Wizard wearing best possible gear, which like PvP.

What can be interesting in his videos and for whom ?

As I understand only same high level Wizards wearing best possible gear can use these videos as example of PvP fights.

Look at them yourself:

Perfect World International: Gingerbread Man (Nation Wars)

this has more views may be, because there is "sin":

Perfect World International: Overwhelmed.

I myself not found any cause to view at least one of his videos or to play in PWI since 2012, because it is very expensive toy and just for PvP players.
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP do you even know when game is dead? I guess you don't. Because game is only dead when there is zero players. DUH

You.....no. Just no.

An MMO is considered dead when there is no point in playing it anymore.
    So yes. This game is dead. It's been dead since November 10th, 2010.

Why is the game dead? There's several reasons:

PWI is doing little to nothing to encourage new blood into the game.
    Levels are pretty much handed to you. They created an instance (lazily, it's a Warsong copy and everybody knows it,) where you literally SIT and get exp and spirit.

I've been playing this game since the genie expansion, but where the REAL flood of people came in, was in the Raging Tides expansion. I started a brand new toon on Harshlands, getting bored of the same old bull in LC, and went on from there.
    IT WAS PACKED.

There were so many people running around, that PK would flare up just over Oracle or normal quest mobs. I'm talking places like Secret Passage, Swamp of the Wraiths, Shattered Jade, Burning Heart, and areas outside of 1k. It was full of people! There were tons of them!

Go look at those areas now. The only PvP areas still alive from the days of "true" PvP, are West, and Silver Pool--and even then, (ESPECIALLY in Harshlands,) You have to take a small armada of people, because it's never going to be a square fight.
    There is NOBODY out there to help level. I don't even want to think about how many low level guilds there USED to be, compared to now. I still remember when Harshland's #2 Guild (Crimson) was still taking 70+.

If there's nobody around for new players to hang with, why the hell would they stay around? Easy--they won't, and they don't. It doesn't matter how much content and advertisement you do: if you don't make this game FEEL important and get an emotional attachment to your players, you will never see a new flow of players.
    The Raging Tide expansion did this by giving us a new, mysterious race, with a storyline that actually.....existed. There were old and new players trying out these classes, and therefore, you were made to interact with people and make connections. The endgame at that point was easy to achieve and actually meant something.

Why didn't this work with the Earthguard expansion? Easy.
    Rank 9 and the Goon Incident had already put a bad label on PWE's management. So naturally, very few people came. There is/was no point in attempting to get to endgame, simply because of the existence of Rank 9. People felt betrayed because others had cheated, and gotten away with it, while others had been honest and obeyed the rules.

The playerbase is pessimistic--and with a GOOD reason. We've been shafted for two years straight now, with implements and changes that honestly, have only made the overall content of the game worse.

November 10th 2010 was the day they announced the first Summer's Sale. That ONE sale, changed everything...and not for the better. That ONE sale is what has placed us on the path we are now.

I do personally blame Rank 9 for killing this game. It marked the beginning of the end for me, and a lot of others. If you were there that day, you'll know how many quitting posts, rage polls, and hate threads there were on this forum....and if you were playing around that time, you'll know just how many people left this game for good.

Over ONE sale. One stupid, narrow-minded, shortsighted, greedy sale.

Does PWE need to make money? Of course. It's not a charity, it's a company. But there's an ENORMOUS difference between making money wisely, and pulling the pails upon pails of bullsh*t we've been introduced to since that dreadful day.
    You will NOT make longterm profit, if you kill your game in the speed and decisiveness that PWE has apparently moved to. If your game lasts LONGER, and draws in MORE people, your income will inevitably increase.

If you KILL your FLAGSHIP FRANCHISE (you know, that one game named after your company, the one you developed on your own and stuck your name on, and are fully responsible for,) what on earth makes you believe that your company is going to be well spoken for? It's already NOT well spoken for thanks to your management. We all know you know better management than this. This is extremely bad for your business, and it's only hurting your relationship with your customers, as well as your future profits. Wake up and do it right please.

That's honestly all we're asking is that you make choices that will help expand this game. How is that hurting anybody?
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.