Wiz vs HA Classes

Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Wizard
Hello,

My question is can a full nv3 +7 Light armor wiz beat any Heavy armor nv3 +7 classes? Yeah, I'm trying light coz not going for r9. b:victory
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

My question is can a full nv3 +7 Light armor wiz beat any Heavy armor nv3 +7 classes? Yeah, I'm trying light coz not going for r9. b:victory

Why LA? Please tell me you already had the gear from another char.. b:surrender
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cuz zomg it's balanced defense lol /sarcasm

As an archer I can't fathom why anyone would put on the worst armor in game, unless they're DEX-based and have to wear it.

Anyways as a wizard you should not be having trouble killing equal-geared HAs. But considering you're LA and thus have heavily nerfed damage and poor def in both areas...well I can see how you struggle. The extra 50 into STR and 100 into DEX equals pretty much 1 and a half damage multipliers less, after all.

If your gear is lunar sell it to the nearest archer/sin and reroll pure AA G16 and you're be fine. HA G16 is nowhere close to what HA R9 can do without GoF
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

The point of playing what is ultimately a ranged nuke class is to range people and nuke them (makes sense, right?). By going LA you'll have a tiny pdef boost and a reasonable hp boost (although not so much at just +7 refines), but you're much more likely to allow your opponent to reach you and attack you.

N3+7 AA is likely to kill most opponents in only a few hits. N3+7 LA is gonna need alot more attacks. Learn to kite, learn not to get hit, go AA. Look at the 1500-2500 damage average of your weapon. You'll be missing out on 1.5x that. Significant.

Had to lol when I saw a "how do wizards beat HA classes" thread.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spark kills heavy armor
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Random thought: maybe someone could actually the OP's question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The irony. b:chuckle
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Everyone answered OP's question:

go AA and faceroll a hotkey bar set for sutra spark divine pyro pyro nix crown of flame (<--filler skill ftw)
    Channels

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone answered OP's question:

go AA and faceroll a hotkey bar set for sutra spark divine pyro pyro nix crown of flame (<--filler skill ftw)

Not even one person answered the question asked instead they offered their opinions on the wisdom of going LA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i accidentaly the OP's question
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Skite - Lost City
    Skite - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In essence, yes it is possible. It's hard, but if you can control them long enough to kill them (or let off a good debuff and a nuke) then you can.
    Skite the Terribad Wizard is here to help!
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Well, it takes skill, knowledge, and absolute mastery of the art of wizarding and wizardry to kill a HA when you're a wizard in LA. And a good genie.

But then again, if you're building an LA wizard in the first place, going so far as to 3rd cast it, then nope, you don't have the skill, knowledge, or absolute mastery of the art of wizarding and wizardry to kill a HA when you're a wizard in LA. Or the good genie.

... and your logic is you're not going for R9... so you get a set of 3rd cast LA NV... when 3rd cast AA NV is already comparable to R9...
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

To answer your question... NO

Unless you have found a way to get enough dex and strength from other items to not have to sacrifice any magic points your chance of winning is greatly decreased (though this method would cost more than R9). A pure mage wizard can one-two shot anyone in equal/lesser gear, killing them before they even reach you.
    By trying an alternate build you will no longer be able to do that and you will be spending more time evading than attacking. As a wizard the more time you spend fighting an opponent the less likely you are to win. Our channels/attacks are just too slow.

If your worried about your physical defense and that is why your are trying LA, just buy a good necklace and belt. I'm level 94, I have a +7 cube necklace and warsong belt, combine that with sage stone barrier and my physical defense is only 1000 less than my magical (I also have garnets in my gear). If I can get a BM buff my physical defense is then higher than my magical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    To add onto that, even if you stack from gear, you still have less MAG because you could have stacked MAG instead

and lol, Phys def is easy as hell to get. Phys AND Mag together is hard to get. That's why LA is **** tier gear. I wish Archers could use HA or AA but we're stuck with LA
    Channels