Ultamate Substances

Options
TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
I'm currently working on my faction base and i need 2,000 ultimate substances. I know the mats to get them and i know how to craft them. But what I would like to know is how many I would make if I used 7 perfect tokens of luck from the Boutique Agent?? I think its really dumb that you have to have the tokens in your inventory to know how much it will make. I don't want to buy the tokens and then end up regretting the decision, my money is limited. So i want to know which way is cheaper. b:questionf:grin
Post edited by TemptingFire - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Two Substances per 7 tokens I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    well it's 2 US for 7 tokens so ~35k per US
    but don't do that or the mats. go near the mysterious man in west archo and set up a catshop buying US for 10-11k. (nirvy tali = 5 mirages = 5 US so people will sell you US for the price of a mirage)

"I don't want to buy the tokens and then end up regretting the decision, my money is limited."

tbh, I cant see how you'll regret buying 7 tokens o: it's the normal ones, not the best luck
    you only purge once #yopo
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Go the the area with the forges near general summers. You'll find them cheaper there. Go there every day for a while to buy what you can get for a good price. should be 20 - 25k a piece probably. Less if you are lucky and/or patient. I remember selling them for 18k at one point when i wanted to get rid of em fast and undercut everyone. Dont remember how i got to buy them cheaper then that, probably just ran into some WC offer for 15k or something.

And have your whole faction turn in nirvana talismans for subs i supose.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Prices high on Arch. On Sanc they're usually around 13.5k at the forges in Arch. Wonder what the market is at on Dreamweaver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I havent been on for a while, maybe they are lower now that the nirvana talismans are only good for making subs.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i sell subs 15k a piece and they sell. try the AH they might have good deals. Or get ur lvl 100 friends to give u theirs free from the tailsman ijs.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Cheapest way? Farm the mats. (Yes it will take a long time; get your faction members to help.)

Your question (about how many subs per 7 tokens) was answered in the other thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I think I could avg 80 subs a day if I did both bh 1 and 2 on all my lvl 100 alts but I usually go the mirage route because if I decide to just box them i won't be losing out plus the refine purpose and TT opening,the only time I start stocking up on subs is when there is a x2 event and after the event
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's probably not worth it to buy tokens for subs on any of the servers. Maybe if tokens were 2k each or something. And even though farming 40,000 mats can be daunting (10k each of the mats for the 2000 subs), it's really not that hard if you get a dedicated team out there farming the routes once or twice per day. I've managed to get 25-50 of each a night just by myself.

On top of the farming, the other suggestions here are very viable too. I say set up a dedicated faction alt on a second account to buy subs from people turning in their nirvana talismans while you sleep, and if you have any 100+ members ask them to turn their talismans in for subs too.

EDIT: Interactive PWI map finally loaded, so I linked it. Best thing around for finding mat routes, although it hasn't been updated to include TB/EG areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Id leave the faction if my leader asked me to farm mats for subs.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Not every faction has 200 lvl100+ members that can get talismans, you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hmm. That says quite a bit about your character, morals, and personality. I'd probably have booted your prior to you being able to leave if you had that kind of attitude.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hehe, probably it wouldnt get that far because im sure i'd be able to talk some sence into my faction leader before he even asks anyone to farm mats. (when talking real time I'm more diplomatic than on the forums :p)

Farming mats will gain you about 200k value per hour (200 mats per hour worth 1k each) and is one of the most boring activities in the game.

On the other hand you can do a multitude of less boring activities that generate at least 1m per hour, probably more than 2m per hour and just buy the fricken subs. And thats what i meant when saying i would leave a faction if they'd expect me to farm mats for subs because when you intent to farm mats for subs, you are just gonna be a failure at PWI forever, no matter if you have 200 lvl 100+ chars or not. (and not only at PWI i fear)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle

way back in the day when I started in fairytail we had herb/mat farming days for the faction banks. it did not matter what you could farm, just that you did. we used the mats for crafting pots or for use on molds ect. it was only an hour, so it was not much of an issue. it was quite fun and rewarding as we all had access to the mats/herbs (when banker was online) for what we needed.

Looking back now I miss those days... op was TT90 gold and even rarer was the tt99 gold, and there were a few with the gold oht gear which was very nice and still is. I still have my cleric equipped with that tt90 gold gear and is still better equipped now than alot of level 100 players today.

The whole environment from the company to the players is nothing like it was then. I know there is no real going back to that at least not as a whole. There is a lot areas and stuff that has been abandoned like heaven and hell is a great example. New quest lines are made to be finished in hours instead of days of work (or suffering). Even the lower (pre 90) quest lines have become a joke really. It is not even power leveling that is the issue. There was always ways to power level, but not quite as fast.

The way of the zhen is almost gone.

b:sad
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle

way back in the day when I started in fairytail we had herb/mat farming days for the faction banks. it did not matter what you could farm, just that you did. we used the mats for crafting pots or for use on molds ect. it was only an hour, so it was not much of an issue. it was quite fun and rewarding as we all had access to the mats/herbs (when banker was online) for what we needed.

Looking back now I miss those days... op was TT90 gold and even rarer was the tt99 gold, and there were a few with the gold oht gear which was very nice and still is. I still have my cleric equipped with that tt90 gold gear and is still better equipped now than alot of level 100 players today.

The whole environment from the company to the players is nothing like it was then. I know there is no real going back to that at least not as a whole. There is a lot areas and stuff that has been abandoned like heaven and hell is a great example. New quest lines are made to be finished in hours instead of days of work (or suffering). Even the lower (pre 90) quest lines have become a joke really. It is not even power leveling that is the issue. There was always ways to power level, but not quite as fast.

The way of the zhen is almost gone.

b:sad

Of course those days were different, you didnt yet have the efficient farming methods we do today and i assume we didnt have farming bots supplying the market with cheap mats either :) Unfortunately I wasn't around in those days, but the starting days of new games surely are a great thing to experience b:dirty
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Of course those days were different, you didnt yet have the efficient farming methods we do today and i assume we didnt have farming bots supplying the market with cheap mats either :) Unfortunately I wasn't around in those days, but the starting days of new games surely are a great thing to experience b:dirty

oh yes, things were a lot different then. aside what I already noted, factions were nearly 100% active. At one point we had well over 100 active players in the faction. I am sure there still is factions like that, but it is a site to see when at any time there is usually 50+ people online at the same time, and not just for an event, this was always day or night. We use to have to fight over herbs and mats it was great b:pleased.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I havent been on for a while, maybe they are lower now that the nirvana talismans are only good for making subs.

Sub prices on archo have crashed since you last played. Now they barely sell for more than mirages, which is how it should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]