What's the best pet for an advancing Venomancer?

Foxarealis - Archosaur
Foxarealis - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Venomancer
Heya PWI forums, Foxa here! :3

At the moment, me and my pet seem to be leveling at a pretty even pace.

But what pet is the ultimate pet?

Heeheehee, all Classes welcome to this chat!

Foxarealis Vixenas x
'Never doubt the power of a Venomancer.' - Foxarealis Vixenas

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Foxarealis - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ultimate pet for doing what? No one pet is best at everything.

Not surprisingly, the cash shop pets are the best for what they do well: tanking for the herc, DDing for the nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Tanking : Herc , or Eldergoth Marksman (with buffs for bosses that do less damage at range)

Air - TW - World DD/PK : Blazing Phoenix ]

Land - Dungeon DD : Dark Wanderer (auto attack) , Scorpion (skills especially useful for Caster Nirvana)

Luring : Kowlin (Speed Factor) , Armored Bear (Defence - Natural Skills Factor) , Eldergoth Marksman (Range Factor)

Looks : Armored Bear , Armored Bear , Armored Bear.

There is no ultimate pet for all roles . Dont won't to be rude but all such threads have ended in vain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Tanking : Herc , or Eldergoth Marksman (with buffs for bosses that do less damage at range) Eldergoth for ranged tanking. Alternative tank pets: Glacial Walker (best choice), Crystaline Magmite, Shaodu Cub

Air - TW - World DD/PK : Blazing Phoenix alternative pets; Petite Sawfly, Skymanta (forgot the name XD)

Land - Dungeon DD : Dark Wanderer (auto attack) , Scorpion (skills especially useful for Caster Nirvana)

Luring : Kowlin (Speed Factor) , Armored Bear (Defence - Natural Skills Factor) , Eldergoth Marksman (Range Factor)

Looks : Armored Bear , Armored Bear , Armored Bear.

Water: tame whatever pet you find at your level until lvl80/85 since you don't get many water quests anyway

There is no ultimate pet for all roles . Dont won't to be rude but all such threads have ended in vain.

Just added a few notes. Also, keep in mind that at high levels there are a few more options but those are pretty much your choices. And always remember what Phoenix said; there is not ultimate pet for all roles. If you are using a single pet for all uses you're doing something terribly wrong. There's a reason we have so many pet choices not to mention that skills can be customized b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    In the past; the Eldergoth Marksman could be very useful. Now sadly it's a waste of time unless something is added to the game to revive it's usefulness.

Cactopods from Eden for luring, Bone Dragon for Land/ instance DD, Herc for Tank, Nix for annoying sounding squeak toy.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    In the past; the Eldergoth Marksman could be very useful. Now sadly it's a waste of time unless something is added to the game to revive it's usefulness.

Cactopods from Eden for luring, Bone Dragon for Land/ instance DD, Herc for Tank, Nix for annoying sounding squeak toy.

Do I really sound annoying? b:question

What exactly makes the marksman obsolete today that didn't exist in the past when it was "useful?" It's got higher base stats than a cactopod from eden, and still has enough attack range to tank most ranged bosses.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Heya PWI forums, Foxa here! :3

At the moment, me and my pet seem to be leveling at a pretty even pace.

But what pet is the ultimate pet?

Heeheehee, all Classes welcome to this chat!

Foxarealis Vixenas x

If the question is: "What's the best pet for an advancing Venomancer?"
    The answer is: If you're poor, glacial walker, if you're not poor, Baby Hercules.
    Because an advancing Venomancer needs a resistant pet, that's all. Otherwise they'd make mystic instead b:bye

Now, for "But what pet is the ultimate pet?"
    If you're going to solo things and make money: Hercules
    If you want to kick *** on pvp: Blazing phoenix.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Do I really sound annoying? b:question

lol =)
    What exactly makes the marksman obsolete today that didn't exist in the past when it was "useful?" It's got higher base stats than a cactopod from eden, and still has enough attack range to tank most ranged bosses.

It's no longer worth your time to spend leveling such a pet to take 4 hours soloing a World Boss or slow farming 89, etc. You're better off focusing on getting to 100 and doing BH, Nirvana, Map 3, etc. The cactopod is a significantly better lurer, and companion for FFC heads, and kiting ranged mobs.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    lol =)

It's no longer worth your time to spend leveling such a pet to take 4 hours soloing a World Boss or slow farming 89, etc. You're better off focusing on getting to 100 and doing BH, Nirvana, Map 3, etc. The cactopod is a significantly better lurer, and companion for FFC heads, and kiting ranged mobs.

Well guess what? I've already got a level 100 marksman. I've got a level 100 celestial sting now too. But that's beside the point. Getting the marksman rare skills wouldn't be a huge stretch, and it wouldn't be for soloing world bosses either.

But I kind of see your point.
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    My Marksman is Lv.101; has strong, bash, claw, protect. I have no use for it other than to sell it, or keep it in hopes they'll make it useful.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I use my marksman (level 100 with base protect) to solo Blackhole Devourer (much easier heal than level 100 herc, I can use a heal-DD macro) but I guess you either no longer do OHT dailies, do BHD in a squad, or glitch BHD with nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    I like the extra dmg from reflect on herc for BHD. I didn't feel that much of a difference in healing requirements, but I've been pretty high +mag, and -ch for a while. I don't remember when I couldn't squeeze an attack between a heal with Herc on BHD either.

But you're right. I rarely do OHT dailies anymore and if I do and see BHD come up; I just trash it.
  • uffda
    uffda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For new veno's as in lvl 1-79.....i dont suggest a herc or nix....partly because if your used to standing behind a really good pet you wont know how to survive when it dies. I have been playing a veno since the launch of the heavens tear server and i have found that most veno's who start with higher grade pets are mor likely to get themselves and part members killed. A veno can solo just about anything in game with minimal repairs. Which is why originally they were the farming class.

People will argue with me BUT i suggest learning to play the veno without a herc first

Also

A pet is half your damage till you hit 100 so for the nub venos that run around without a pet up....your a disgrace to real veno's

Pet damage is smaller but they hit faster
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uffda wrote: »
    For new veno's as in lvl 1-79.....i dont suggest a herc or nix....partly because if your used to standing behind a really good pet you wont know how to survive when it dies. I have been playing a veno since the launch of the heavens tear server and i have found that most veno's who start with higher grade pets are mor likely to get themselves and part members killed. A veno can solo just about anything in game with minimal repairs. Which is why originally they were the farming class.

People will argue with me BUT i suggest learning to play the veno without a herc first

Also

A pet is half your damage till you hit 100 so for the nub venos that run around without a pet up....your a disgrace to real veno's

Pet damage is smaller but they hit faster
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

uffda replied to a message that was 11 months 21 days 26 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    And with that, the undead pet was killed so hard no amount of Revive Pet spamming was able to recover it.

The End.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.