Mysterious chips are tragedy

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im saying I cant walk up to the merchant with 100 BH chips that are untradeable and 100 normal chips and buy something for 200 chips from him. because I only have 100 of each

The bh chips and pack chips are stackable. I use them both together to make Giant Beast shells to make tt99 gear. There is no differance in the 2 types of chips. Only the socket stones are not stackable.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate getting chips as a reward, as well as the socket stones. I'd rather have the orb, because I can actually use it for something useful.

I can't sell the sockets for much, assuming I can find anyone that even wants to buy them. I can't sell chips at all, and have no need for any mats anymore. As I am not immortal I'll never get enough of them to make the GSTs I would theoretically need for the R9 I have no interest in either.

I would use them for dice tickets if I liked running cube, but as there are are myriad trolls that literally spend all day in there ganking people left and right I don't see the fun in enabling them.

The coins are always nice to get, but if I had to revamp the system I would do this:

Excitement Card
    2 Ecstasy Cards
    Orb of Cultivation
    X amount of tokens of luck (or Crabs/Herbs directly)
    X amount of Perfect Stones
    That item that would refresh Morai quests so I could buy more XP thingys per day.

I'd would MUCH rather get free herbs and chi stones, even if it weren't much of them, than socket stones or chips.

Unless the amount of socket stones were drastically increased or they did the intelligent thing and made them stack with the CS kind like they used to.

Cause getting 40 every few days, when I need probably 100k or more, and not being able to combine them with ones I can buy means they are totally useless to me.

Which is absolutely the intent behind that decision.

I pretty much only log on anymore to do BQ, WQ, Morai daily, OHT daily, and turn in caster cards for mirages. Kinda burned out on doing BHs as I am up to my ears in chips and sockets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit: people don't seem to be getting my point, im fine with chips, I see their uses, but as a BH reward that doesn't stack with any other chip just shouldn't be on the table for lvl 100+ players. I would be fine if they were tradeable or stackable with other kinds. but they aren't. so to get some of these items youd need to lose 5m-500k every single run for dozens of runs to get some of these items. putting you more in the hole for cash that making from it

anyone else find them a horrible thing for a BH100
    I mean I can understand not getting the money every time, im okay with getting socket stones and even mirages. at least we can still sell those. but for a lvl 100 character about the most useless thing in the world is 50 untradeable mysterious chips.

only good use is dice tickets and those barely cost anything anyway. I mean who gives out a special reward for an endgame lvl boss and then still requires me to pay 10m on top of 300 of those chips to get an item that isn't worth even half that.

I don't care if they keep them ingame. but as an endgame BH reward? might as well be slapping me in the face

edit: for those saying they are worth it for the summers tokens. I disagree for the same reason as Mr_Swiss they are untradeable. you cant lob them in with normal chips. you would need to do an insane amount of BH100's to get enough

As it's been stated many times,

Just because they serve no use or value to you specifically as an individual, doesn't negate the fact that they have uses, purpose, etc. You can get gold TT mats much cheaper than the market value and re-sell them or use them. That in itself means you don't have to play a game of chance and try farming the gold mats for your TT99 gear in TT.

Sure it's not on par with getting a coin-valued reward that can give you coins by NPCing the item(s). That's not the point, though. It's a valuable reward nonetheless, but you aren't finding value in it because you aren't interested in the outcome.

Also figured I would poke at the title of the thread. This isn't a tragedy. Nothing in a video game is a tragedy. Murder, ra.pe, etc is tragic. A video game is just that - a game.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Your reward for getting to 100+ is gaining access to all the 100+ content. You have more powerful armor as a reward for getting 100. You have better crazy stones for getting to 100. You have easier ways to make money, as a reward for getting to 100. You have all kinds of things. BH is just a way to get players together for a CHANCE at a nice prize. There would be no balance if all of the prizes were good money makers. There has to be a booby prize. Chips are the booby prize. Nobody likes winning the booby prize, but that didn't mean you lost money. That money was NEVER guaranteed and not getting it is not losing money. You cannot lose what you never had.

They may not be useful to you, but they do have their uses. And while I never liked getting chips, I gotta admit it's a perfectly reasonable booby prize. It's useful, it doesn't generate tons of coins and cause inflation, and if you really, really need the money you could always run the cube for a page of fate using the dice tickets made from it. The nice thing about the POF money is it would not generate new coins, it would be the same coins traded to another player.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe some ppl still chip TT mats. I've checked and on my server the chip price for everything is lower than the AH price. I even checked the mold prices and thats all lower in AH too.

The purpose of the chip-for-mats system is to set a ceiling on TT mats. Its not there to be often used, just to make sure no one sells TT mats for more than that price. Seems to be working on my server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ever wondered, why they stopped giving out EXP with BH 100. The Orb is one thing, but if you ask me, they should give the Orb to everyone, when you doing BH. Not as a prize you have to win to get it.
    I mean its not alot, 440k EXP is not much but i would so love to get those ontop of the prize you eventually get.

Also Chips are the most annoying thing to get out of the BH, you cant even repair your armor for it or rebuy some pots you took doing BH.
    The idea of giving out some Tokens are fine, some pots are fine too, i would support that idea.
    Also a chance to get a pack which contains some Brainpower Orbs (600k EXP) would be epic for 95% of the people around. That would balance everything out.

When i would redo the BH item List, it would look sth like this:

1 Orb of Cultivation (Allways)
    Chances:
    1 Excitement Card
    2 Ecstasy Card
    55 Mirage Celestone
    40 Socket Stone
    1 Brainpower Orb Pack (Chance to get 1-5 Orbs maybe?)
    5 Orb of Cultivation

No item which has no purpose at all. Some 105 ppl would complain about it, because they dont need exp anymore, but they allways can stash those and lv an alt.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ever wondered, why they stopped giving out EXP with BH 100. The Orb is one thing, but if you ask me, they should give the Orb to everyone, when you doing BH. Not as a prize you have to win to get it.
    I mean its not alot, 440k EXP is not much but i would so love to get those ontop of the prize you eventually get.

Also Chips are the most annoying thing to get out of the BH, you cant even repair your armor for it or rebuy some pots you took doing BH.
    The idea of giving out some Tokens are fine, some pots are fine too, i would support that idea.
    Also a chance to get a pack which contains some Brainpower Orbs (600k EXP) would be epic for 95% of the people around. That would balance everything out.

Chances:
    1 Excitement Card
    2 Ecstasy Card
    55 Mirage Celestone
    40 Socket Stone
    5 Orb of Cultivation

No item which has no purpose at all. Some 105 ppl would complain about it, because they dont need exp anymore, but they allways can stash those and lv an alt.

i like this idea
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I don't like chips much either. The use for them is rather limited for a 100+. The old chip items have a neglectable requirement to the ease of getting chips these days, while for the new use like r9 it's the bh reward that is to tiny to be taken into account.

But I still hate the orb of cultivation more as reward b:surrender

Chances:
    1 Excitement Card
    2 Ecstasy Card
    55 Mirage Celestone
    40 Socket Stone
    5 Orb of Cultivation

I don't like exp rewards on bh 100+, wether it's 1 or 5 orbs. Considering the low number of ppl doing bh2, I think more agree to that. I only like items that are either usefull or worth something. I'd prefer if they replace chips by something like tokens of luck/potions (or an option to turn chips into something usefull) and orb of cultivation in a hyper exp stone or something. Alt experience orbs when those alts can be leveled so easily already ... I don't see the point of that b:surrender
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bh chips or bought chips they all stack together >.> idk why you say they don't stack lol. FYI i would know cuz im currently working on r9 so lots of gsts to go ijs. b:victory
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • OutReach_ - Archosaur
    OutReach_ - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tbh if you've been playing the game for awhile, you most likely have 3-7 toons lvl 100+ (maybe not all the the same account but I'm sure a few on the same one at least). Chips are stashable. Now assuming you do your bhs every day on all your toons...those chips add up fast when you hit one of those weeks of just total bad luck and all you get are chips on all your characters...I know I ran bhs for 7 days straight on 5 characters and all I got was chips and mirages (mirages once or twice). Sure it's not gunna add up super fast but nothing is suppose to be fast...if you want fast drop $5000 into the game and be done with it. Eventually patience prevails and you get yourself a GST, either sell it or keep it for r9. Everyone wants everything handed to them right away, if you want that spend your real coin.

I say just add another BH reward of some sort if ppl are getting that bored with it, and add some more BH Bosses...might make me actually wana log on this game more then once a week. New content > this complaint x.x
    edited May 2013
    what out just said...and he does have a lot of 100 + toons ...

well..i only have 2 100 + toons working on a 3rd

i acct stash clerics chips to my veno every time :)
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This

and chips are needed to craft general summers tokens which are needed to craft r9 gears so many 101+ people can use them.

your all still not getting the point are you?

Chips yes are useful,tt gold mat or other junk that are over priced from the merchant,general tokens yeah 9999! of them...in my years of bhing i was able to make one of those tokens to sell lol.And you need alot of failed bh's(chips = fail bh)to aquire a hefty amount of chips for the materials at merchant.So yeah it is a slap in the face as a bh reward,i rather see subs back than chips.

And you veno's would stash anything,you prob run world quest in hopes for one of those items to chunk in you box,your scavengers and thats a proven fact.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 30k chips in my bank, not counting all those i used for others to make them gold mats. (maybe 10-15k). Yep, I have that kind of luck. f:despise

And don't get me started on those purple orbs for bh 1. If your going to give out xp orbs for bh1(400k), good grief, at least make it worth more than a bh 2 orb(660). Yea i know, one has spirit and one doesn't, but gee whiz. I'd be ok if bh1 orb was a mill xp.
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe some ppl still chip TT mats. I've checked and on my server the chip price for everything is lower than the AH price. I even checked the mold prices and thats all lower in AH too.

The purpose of the chip-for-mats system is to set a ceiling on TT mats. Its not there to be often used, just to make sure no one sells TT mats for more than that price. Seems to be working on my server.

What??? You obviously don't know anything about TT. Those gold matts that are made with chips, are not dropped in TT. So what ceiling are you referring to? there is no ceiling to compare those chip matts to, especially when you can only get them from making them. And you just counter argued yourself. "I can't believe some ppl still chip TT mats. I've checked and on my server the chip price for everything is lower than the AH price." That's the point of making chip matts is to get them cheap and not buy them from someone that made them and is now selling them in AH for a higher price. If someone is stupid enough to make the matts, then sell them for less then what they paid to make them, needs some serious marketing classes. Buy low, sell high, thats how you make money. Buy high sell low, thats how you lose money...quick tip.

You are so clueless. "It's not there to be often used" Are you serious?? Is it April fools? Is someone messing with me? Did they bring Punked back? What server are you on? Whatever server your on, you should stay there, you found the right fit.
    edited May 2013
    your all still not getting the point are you?

Chips yes are useful,tt gold mat or other junk that are over priced from the merchant,general tokens yeah 9999! of them...in my years of bhing i was able to make one of those tokens to sell lol.And you need alot of failed bh's(chips = fail bh)to aquire a hefty amount of chips for the materials at merchant.So yeah it is a slap in the face as a bh reward,i rather see subs back than chips.

And you veno's would stash anything,you prob run world quest in hopes for one of those items to chunk in you box,your scavengers and thats a proven fact.

lmao @ Scavangers
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Swiss, while I agree with most of what you are saying, especially in regards to the individual you quoted, I need to correct you one one point.....
    ...Those gold matts that are made with chips, are not dropped in TT. ...
    Every gold TT mat that drops in TT, can be made with chips. The purpose of this was a coin-sink/boutique purchase method. The drop rates were low, our gear wasn't great back in the day, and it was often much easier and more cost effective to chip gold mats than it was to try farming them. So PWI made money because the players would buy chips in the boutique, and then there was the coin sink because of the cost when chipping. And how did you get coin? Well buying/selling gold, or purchasing Anni packs. (Not exclusively, I'm talking about the developers intent on the system.)

The overabundance of 2x, and the power creep to uber gear has completely negated chipping TT gold mats over the past year though, so now chips are basically worthless.

Also, LOL at making Gen Summer Tokens with chips... 9,999 xchips for one token. You need 56 GST's for a full set of armor. That's 559,944 chips. If you base it on getting chips for BH every single day, that's 10181 days to get everything. Or almost 28 years... Good luck with that.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Swiss, while I agree with most of what you are saying, especially in regards to the individual you quoted, I need to correct you one one point.....

Every gold TT mat that drops in TT, can be made with chips. The purpose of this was a coin-sink/boutique purchase method. The drop rates were low, our gear wasn't great back in the day, and it was often much easier and more cost effective to chip gold mats than it was to try farming them. So PWI made money because the players would buy chips in the boutique, and then there was the coin sink because of the cost when chipping. And how did you get coin? Well buying/selling gold, or purchasing Anni packs. (Not exclusively, I'm talking about the developers intent on the system.)

The overabundance of 2x, and the power creep to uber gear has completely negated chipping TT gold mats over the past year though, so now chips are basically worthless.

Also, LOL at making Gen Summer Tokens with chips... 9,999 xchips for one token. You need 56 GST's for a full set of armor. That's 559,944 chips. If you base it on getting chips for BH every single day, that's 10181 days to get everything. Or almost 28 years... Good luck with that.b:chuckle

In all the years I've ran tt I've never seen a Giant beast Shell drop. I never see them selling in a CS at the tt forges. I used to try and farm for them and not one time did I get them to drop. The only way I was able to acquire them was through chips.
    edited May 2013
    In all the years I've ran tt I've never seen a Giant beast Shell drop. I never see them selling in a CS at the tt forges. I used to try and farm for them and not one time did I get them to drop. The only way I was able to acquire them was through chips.
    You are quite unlucky then. They have a 0.4762% chance to drop, which is one of the lowest of the other TT Gold mats. They still have a chance to drop though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

Oh at on the GST part. Yeah I love when people say they ran bh's and got there full set R9 without putting coins in the game. 205 gst's for a complete set. You need 37k+ bh's that give you 55 chips only to make all those lol. I actually had someone tell me they got there 205 gst's by doing only bh's lol I about died.
    edited May 2013
    Oh at on the GST part. Yeah I love when people say they ran bh's and got there full set R9 without putting coins in the game. 205 gst's for a complete set. You need 37k+ bh's that give you 55 chips only to make all those lol. I actually had someone tell me they got there 205 gst's by doing only bh's lol I about died.
    Yeah I know, I was just basing it on one set of the most basic R9 armor because I knew no one could fathom the full set reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    i do believe ive see every gold tt mat drop from the bosses. i think you need to run more tt's.b:chuckle GBA boss is stingy with drops.

and as for the comment about venos and acct stashing..why would my cleric need chips? my veno is going r9 not my cleric.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Maybe you should check other servers.

I check the AH every day for the gold mats I need in hopes of getting them cheaper, but (if it isn't 2x) I usually end up chipping them because they are 2-5 mil more in AH. Heck, even if they are only 500k more in AH I chip them, because I have thousands of otherwise useless chips in the bank so I might as well use them to get myself a discount.

The only time I have ever seen a (useful) gold mat cheaper in AH than at mysterious merchant was on 2x (and even then it doesn't always happen, depends on the mat).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you should check other servers.

I check the AH every day for the gold mats I need in hopes of getting them cheaper, but (if it isn't 2x) I usually end up chipping them because they are 2-5 mil more in AH. Heck, even if they are only 500k more in AH I chip them, because I have thousands of otherwise useless chips in the bank so I might as well use them to get myself a discount.

The only time I have ever seen a (useful) gold mat cheaper in AH than at mysterious merchant was on 2x (and even then it doesn't always happen, depends on the mat).

100% agree
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit: people don't seem to be getting my point, im fine with chips, I see their uses, but as a BH reward that doesn't stack with any other chip just shouldn't be on the table for lvl 100+ players. I would be fine if they were tradeable or stackable with other kinds. but they aren't. so to get some of these items youd need to lose 5m-500k every single run for dozens of runs to get some of these items. putting you more in the hole for cash that making from it

anyone else find them a horrible thing for a BH100
    I mean I can understand not getting the money every time, im okay with getting socket stones and even mirages. at least we can still sell those. but for a lvl 100 character about the most useless thing in the world is 50 untradeable mysterious chips.

only good use is dice tickets and those barely cost anything anyway. I mean who gives out a special reward for an endgame lvl boss and then still requires me to pay 10m on top of 300 of those chips to get an item that isn't worth even half that.

I don't care if they keep them ingame. but as an endgame BH reward? might as well be slapping me in the face

edit: for those saying they are worth it for the summers tokens. I disagree for the same reason as Mr_Swiss they are untradeable. you cant lob them in with normal chips. you would need to do an insane amount of BH100's to get enough

f:laugh>>LoLZzzz Yes!....That Is, So TRUE!!^v^{f:grin}f:cute<<
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still confused about non-stackable chips and the apparent existence of tradable chips.

Can someone screenshot tradable mysterious chips, please?

Not the packs. The actual purple chips.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What??? You obviously don't know anything about TT. Those gold matts that are made with chips, are not dropped in TT. So what ceiling are you referring to? there is no ceiling to compare those chip matts to, especially when you can only get them from making them. And you just counter argued yourself. "I can't believe some ppl still chip TT mats. I've checked and on my server the chip price for everything is lower than the AH price." That's the point of making chip matts is to get them cheap and not buy them from someone that made them and is now selling them in AH for a higher price. If someone is stupid enough to make the matts, then sell them for less then what they paid to make them, needs some serious marketing classes. Buy low, sell high, thats how you make money. Buy high sell low, thats how you lose money...quick tip.

You are so clueless. "It's not there to be often used" Are you serious?? Is it April fools? Is someone messing with me? Did they bring Punked back? What server are you on? Whatever server your on, you should stay there, you found the right fit.

It's a damn shame for someone that is always consistently claiming they've played the game for years but can't even figure out the drop mechanics of an instance that has been in our version with almost no drop-chances since the game opened.

If this was the first time I've had to confront you about talking out of your a.ss, it wouldn't be a big deal. Don't claim you're a veteran of the game if you don't have knowledge of the game's mechanics. Simple as that.

All TT mats drop in TT; gold & red mats included.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    demxhunter wrote: »
    agreed, trade those chips for nation war tokens
    f:stare

wait what?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    f:stare

wait what?

Yup, exchange 10 chips for 1 supply token (I'm waiting for this feature) b:pleased
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, exchange 10 chips for 1 supply token (I'm waiting for this feature) b:pleased

f:victoryf:moneyf:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz