PVP Servers Newer Lower Populated

Options
nuubina
nuubina Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion

The 2 PVP servers should be Merged ASAP,theres no PVP spots,many pvp spots died,we all know that players went to new games.Merge had a positiv effect on Eu servers,now its time for NA ?
Post edited by nuubina on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Shoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Now, why do you suppose that is the case?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The op is right. The population of Lost City has done nothing but decrease. People are leaving little by little and no one new arrives. I don't know how many newbies per week register to Lost City, if there is any. And if there is any, I have the feeling all quit before 100.

If it was possible, they should merge the only 2 pvp servers there are.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They would have to fix PVP before PVP servers were any good.

Y'know what I miss? The days when LC folks would call everybody else "carebears" for not being on LC. That whole debate has gone strangely quiet these days... hmm. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They would have to fix PVP before PVP servers were any good.

Y'know what I miss? The days when LC folks would call everybody else "carebears" for not being on LC. That whole debate has gone strangely quiet these days... hmm. :P
    That's largely because we've slowly grafted ourselves into the "Carebear" servers in an effort to a. actually be able to enjoy playing the game, and b. because we can't afford to keep up with the power creep.

Myself, and many I know, played on Lost way back when. We left because the e-peen cash cows ruined the experience.

I'd love to see an MMO that has a honest-to-god real PvP system. Unfortunately, i haven't seen one since Meridian59 and UO. Everything since then is babied down and there's no real balance in the system.

PWI could revive it some by adding level exclusions to PvP attacks, but I don't see the dev's spending time on that anytime soon. They'd rather work on new useless content to placate the cash cows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That's largely because we've slowly grafted ourselves into the "Carebear" servers in an effort to a. actually be able to enjoy playing the game, and b. because we can't afford to keep up with the power creep.

Myself, and many I know, played on Lost way back when. We left because the e-peen cash cows ruined the experience.

I'd love to see an MMO that has a honest-to-god real PvP system. Unfortunately, i haven't seen one since Meridian59 and UO. Everything since then is babied down and there's no real balance in the system.

PWI could revive it some by adding level exclusions to PvP attacks, but I don't see the dev's spending time on that anytime soon. They'd rather work on new useless content to placate the cash cows.

Just curiosity: what did the "cash cows" did to you to ruin your game experience? What could had been so bad that it made you left a server and start all over again on a new?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options

The irony in all this is that a lot of the PVP problems could be solved if they made a new PVP server without all the **** that contributed to the power creep. R9, pack gear, high refines, aps, purify weps etc... just make a new server without any of it, people will migrate there, and LC will die a natural death. Hell, this could happen for PVE too.
    Just curiosity: what did the "cash cows" did to you to ruin your game experience? What could had been so bad that it made you left a server and start all over again on a new?
    At a guess... just participating in all the power creep? That'd be enough for most people, certainly including me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The op is right. The population of Lost City has done nothing but decrease. People are leaving little by little and no one new arrives. I don't know how many newbies per week register to Lost City, if there is any. And if there is any, I have the feeling all quit before 100.

If it was possible, they should merge the only 2 pvp servers there are.

How often does PK happen on LC? or HL for anyone from there.

Usually theres someone, or a few ppl (like 2-3) outside of West Gate or Lost City often on HT. In most cases, they just stay out until they are bored from no action. Big PvP fights often happen after TWs, Thursday Tourny, and NW here as well.

I remember everyone wanting to go to the LC server like 2 years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The irony in all this is that a lot of the PVP problems could be solved if they made a new PVP server without all the **** that contributed to the power creep. R9, pack gear, high refines, aps, purify weps etc... just make a new server without any of it, people will migrate there, and LC will die a natural death. Hell, this could happen for PVE too.

At a guess... just participating in all the power creep? That'd be enough for most people, certainly including me.

Looks like all you want to do is pk, and only that. Unfortunately, building a character is part of the game too.

What I really think has hurt a lot the PvP server is to have every single pve activity in an instance, specially leveling in frost. Before frost there was always outbreaks of pvp in any concurred area, now thanks to frost all that is just a memory.

I don't see R9, and high refines as a problem. A lot of people with the best gear in my server never cashopped, like Adroit. I myself never cashopped either, and my gear is mid-endgame.

How often does PK happen on LC? or HL for anyone from there.

Usually theres someone, or a few ppl (like 2-3) outside of West Gate or Lost City often on HT. In most cases, they just stay out until they are bored from no action. Big PvP fights often happen after TWs, Thursday Tourny, and NW here as well.

I remember everyone wanting to go to the LC server like 2 years ago.
    That's very similar to LC, except sometimes a big fight may break at a completely random hour.

We don't have pk 24/7, but when I want to look for a fight, I usually find it. b:chuckle
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Really it was two major points.

1. As the population grew, so did the people who had less common sense than god gave a gnat, and their attitudes weren't much better. Gameplay got to be much less enjoyable because people 20 levels over you, or with super gear would one-shot you just because they could. Paying no regards to community standards or even a sliver of respect. To do just about anything you needed to be in a decent faction and have a few friends that would waste their time to bodyguard you while you tried to actually play the game.

2. Because I didn't feel like pouring money into pixels to remain competitive. I'll still log onto Lost occasionally and poke around a bit. Usually that's about as far as it goes though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Merge the servers already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

I don't see R9, and high refines as a problem. A lot of people with the best gear in my server never cashopped, like Adroit. I myself never cashopped either, and my gear is mid-endgame.

Say wut?? u're telling me u can attain full +12 JOSD, full NW tome,ring without cash shopping? OOO is that the Glitch 150k event gold with the maiden kissed chests promo (about 5months ago)?? when pwi foked up that promo?? Please.. I know u can farm hundreds of millions during x2, but farm enough for full +12 JOSDS and nw stuff.... sounds like a fairy tail.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    nuubina wrote: »

The 2 PVP servers should be Merged ASAP,theres no PVP spots,many pvp spots died,we all know that players went to new games.Merge had a positiv effect on Eu servers,now its time for NA ?

Because your all on PWI FORUMS QQING ABOUT PURIFY SPELL LOL.MAN WTF
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Perhaps all these pvp servers have 1 OP guild like Chinatown (LC), and because no one can beat them, PK is dead...
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    HL is pretty much dead too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    nuubina wrote: »

Don't count on them ever being merged. There are two big obstacles to this.

1. Each PvP server has its own independent name database.
    2. They operate in two different time zones.

Both of those things were shared by the EU servers that were merged to create the new Morai server.

For just the database issue, it would take a massive undertaking, which may not even be possible, in order to merge them onto one server without overwriting characters that share the same names and even the same account. After the EU servers were merged, the only servers remaining that can be feasibly merged are the PvE servers: Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary and Archosaur. All of the other servers have their own databases.
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    PvP is dead you say?
    It's been dead since November 10th 2010.

Remember, it's because of China's different gaming culture!
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    For just the database issue, it would take a massive undertaking, which may not even be possible, in order to merge them onto one server without overwriting characters that share the same names and even the same account. After the EU servers were merged, the only servers remaining that can be feasibly merged are the PvE servers: Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary and Archosaur. All of the other servers have their own databases.

As I also have a level 1 cleric called Ahira in HL- I really hope they dont overwrite the wrong one! b:shocked
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Looks like all you want to do is pk, and only that. Unfortunately, building a character is part of the game too.
    If you were to quantify the distance between this statement and how I actually play, it'd be a line longer than the cost of full R9S3+12 if you were to lay each individual dollar end-to-end. XD I'm mostly a PVE player, with the exception of NW. The fundamental difference here is how we see the term "character building:"
    The point is not whether the gear was cash shopped or not. The point is that the gear exists at all. Ask yourself, what was the serious PVP gear in 2009? What refines did it tend to have? More importantly, how much attack level did it have?

And back in 2009, you still had to work for it. If you used TT99 gear, for example, you had to work for those chips and for the other TT mats, then you had to work just to make them +5 or better. But the difference is that TT99 didn't blow away its contemporaries like today's gear does. It was better than others, sure, but not to the point that your opponents couldn't still beat you if their skill was superior to yours.

The problem is that we've introduced gear that doesn't require skill to win with, unless you're up against someone with similar gear. This is what Sylen meant by the power creep. You can talk about gear building all you want (and that's what it is, because character building is actually playing and learning your char in both PVE and PVP), but 4+ years ago we still had gear building without sacrificing skill to do it. Thus if we were to have a new server without R9, high refines etc., it would still have gear building as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
    edited May 2013
    Options
    If you were to quantify the distance between this statement and how I actually play, it'd be a line longer than the cost of full R9S3+12 if you were to lay each individual dollar end-to-end. XD I'm mostly a PVE player, with the exception of NW. The fundamental difference here is how we see the term "character building:"

The point is not whether the gear was cash shopped or not. The point is that the gear exists at all. Ask yourself, what was the serious PVP gear in 2009? What refines did it tend to have? More importantly, how much attack level did it have?

And back in 2009, you still had to work for it. If you used TT99 gear, for example, you had to work for those chips and for the other TT mats, then you had to work just to make them +5 or better. But the difference is that TT99 didn't blow away its contemporaries like today's gear does. It was better than others, sure, but not to the point that your opponents couldn't still beat you if their skill was superior to yours.

The problem is that we've introduced gear that doesn't require skill to win with, unless you're up against someone with similar gear. This is what Sylen meant by the power creep. You can talk about gear building all you want (and that's what it is, because character building is actually playing and learning your char in both PVE and PVP), but 4+ years ago we still had gear building without sacrificing skill to do it. Thus if we were to have a new server without R9, high refines etc., it would still have gear building as well.
    Absolutely correct. IMHO though, the biggest problem that brought the death of the PvP servers, is the attitude of the individual behind all that gear. It's not just the fact that they can level super fast and have absolutely no clue about the mechanics of the game. It's the attitude that they have towards other players that has almost completely destroyed the community. If the community sucks, why stick around. You don't, you go somewhere where it's nicer. I'm not saying that this is just on PvP servers. You just see it more there because cash shopping your gear to stay competitive is much more prominent, and those individuals are the majority of the problem. (I'm not saying every cash shopper is a sadistic moron, don't get me wrong. There's lots of non-cashcow morons around too, they just don't have as large of an impact because they don't typically make it that far. Also, there are some nice people out there that do cash shop, and actually know how to play. I know a few of them. There's a lot less of the nice ones than the idiots though. Most of the nice ones have moved on.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't think merging would solve pvp problems. If there are no people on pvp spots but plenty in instances, it would be the same after merging. More in instances and nobody in pvp spots. Maybe it would refresh pk but only temporarily.
    Besides there are some detailes to pay attention to:
    1. Similar names on both servers.
    2. Time zones. For some people it is an issue because several hours difference matters. Of course not all chose the server according to server time, but some did, i'm sure. This would be not fair to **** up game events for them.

Im not strongly against, but just don't see much sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't think merging would solve pvp problems. If there are no people on pvp spots but plenty in instances, it would be the same after merging. More in instances and nobody in pvp spots. Maybe it would refresh pk but only temporarily.
    Besides there are some detailes to pay attention to:
    1. Similar names on both servers.
    2. Time zones. For some people it is an issue because several hours difference matters. Of course not all chose the server according to server time, but some did, i'm sure. This would be not fair to **** up game events for them.

Im not strongly against, but just don't see much sense.

Can't. the only server that could possibly merge are HT, Sanc, and Archosaur or DW, and RT. Source.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nani - Morai
    Nani - Morai Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Can't. the only server that could possibly merge are HT, Sanc, and Archosaur or DW, and RT. Source.

Can't merge DW and RT though as they don't share. /nitpick.
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Can't merge DW and RT though as they don't share. /nitpick.

I think you're misunderstanding what I meant...

HL can merge with Sanc or Arch
    Arch can merge with Sanc or HL
    HL and Arch can merge together into Sanc

DW can merge with RT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Options

******n it, then my server is impossible to merge. That's really bad.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

PVP is not empty cause people are in instances, a lot of people only log for nw and tw, except bh there's nothing to do. People on PVP server are just bored. There's nothing interesting to do.

I agree that it would be temporary, but it would probably last for a few months the time to get some new stuff in game. As much as I love nw, I do realize it did kill a farming instance that people was doing everyday.

Log on HL go at west, there's almost no cat shops, people can need sometime weeks and months to find a specific item. Log on HT and you can see the lighter shops from Silver Pool cause there's so many.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Perhaps all these pvp servers have 1 OP guild like Chinatown (LC), and because no one can beat them, PK is dead...

we just have good teamwork and leadership.we stuck together win or lose.non like Essence/tri-force/insurrect.Who they only play to win.losing will make them rage quit.
  • Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    DW can merge with RT

Sorry, Sylen, but Nani is correct. In the same thread you cited, the last post by FrankieRaye states: "Yep, my mistake, Raging Tide and Dreamweaver are not name-linked."
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    id like this but this would effect the time zones

for me:
    20:00 on HL is 8:00 pm EST
    20:00 on HL is 11:00 pm EST

This would be hard to do new cuz i dont wanna stay up from 11:20 pm - 1:20 amb:surrender
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Absolutely correct. IMHO though, the biggest problem that brought the death of the PvP servers, is the attitude of the individual behind all that gear. It's not just the fact that they can level super fast and have absolutely no clue about the mechanics of the game. It's the attitude that they have towards other players that has almost completely destroyed the community. If the community sucks, why stick around. You don't, you go somewhere where it's nicer. I'm not saying that this is just on PvP servers. You just see it more there because cash shopping your gear to stay competitive is much more prominent, and those individuals are the majority of the problem. (I'm not saying every cash shopper is a sadistic moron, don't get me wrong. There's lots of non-cashcow morons around too, they just don't have as large of an impact because they don't typically make it that far. Also, there are some nice people out there that do cash shop, and actually know how to play. I know a few of them. There's a lot less of the nice ones than the idiots though. Most of the nice ones have moved on.)

I think you're being a bit harsh, but also perhaps it wasn't realistic to expect an idyllic community on a pvp server.

And in regards to LC; The flame that burns twice as bright- lasts half as long.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010