section where we can name and shame scammers and botters

gyroki
gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
There are still alot of in-game scammers and botters which are even proud of it doing this for many years now. They exactly know that GMs will NEVER EVER do ANYTHING against them.

New players and casuals still fall over them quite often. I demand a section or way to name and shame them offline. Change your TOS, because it only defends the offenders and never the victims. The offenders are just laughing their ***** off - because they can be 100% sure that GMs won't take any action.
Post edited by gyroki on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I strongly support that we SHOULD name and shame scammers with evident proof of course! Botters are not that many now, still haven`t checked the spot where I used to see 1 sin botting (many tickets were submitted), maybe still there or banned(unlikely)!
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck trying to bring any sort of morale or justice to this game when the company itself has no interest in doing so. My advice? If you want it...just go bot like everyone else. Why? Because there have been hundreds of threads with ideas to create some sort if anti abuse system but it never happens, they'll tell you to go submit a ticket which results in 3 day ban or no ban. 3 days later you see the person doing the same thing....at least according to what the forum community had previously posted.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just be careful is all, not sure, but think scaming is really not against the tos here, gms will just tell you be more careful next time (did not happen to me, but it did happen to the people i know) and not really do anything about it. Be super careful for people writing tokens 10k then sell it for 100k, or say lunar cape and then sell you common wing trophy for 45 mils etc

Its waste of time to make these kind of threads too cause no most scammers use like 20 different accounts and really nothing you can do about it, it has always exist and it always will.

People like this should be IP banned on solid proof imo but thats never gonna happen.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • zhangwuj1
    zhangwuj1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just posted a thread titled "named the botters in Archosaur" in the Archosaur sub forum and I named a few. The thread got deleted within an hour. wonder how much the botters paid the moderator to do that. It's utterly stupid when the players are sincerely trying to get some justice here and discourage botting by defaming the botters but the moderators disallow it.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zhangwuj1 wrote: »
    I just posted a thread titled "named the botters in Archosaur" in the Archosaur sub forum and I named a few. The thread got deleted within an hour. wonder how much the botters paid the moderator to do that. It's utterly stupid when the players are sincerely trying to get some justice here and discourage botting by defaming the botters but the moderators disallow it.

They're just enforcing the rules of the forum (no naming/shaming). Whether or not you agree to such a rule being needed is one thing, but they still will do what they must...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zhangwuj1 wrote: »

Why would the botters pay the mods to do that? It's in the ToS, and the mods have to follow it even if they disagree with it :S Don't blame the mods, they're doing a great job :)
    They're just enforcing the rules of the forum (no naming/shaming). Whether or not you agree to such a rule being needed is one thing, but they still will do what they must...

Ninja'd b:surrender
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad idea really, what's to keep trolls from naming and shaming people who aren't botters/scammers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Even though you can't name and shame in the forums...

At a bare minimum, take screenshots/video and send in a ticket to the Support team. A lot of botters are still out there because no one bothers to report them. (Others are just still there because support is significantly understaffed.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad idea really, what's to keep trolls from naming and shaming people who aren't botters/scammers?

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This.

Hence I mentioned that people should prove some evidence before naming and shaming! Just by accusing someone with no proof is pointless and can and will lead to bad consequences.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's stopping you from making your own, small forum and advertising that in-game?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hence I mentioned that people should prove some evidence before naming and shaming! Just by accusing someone with no proof is pointless and can and will lead to bad consequences.

Screenshot proof? Easy to fake.

Video proof? Harder to fake, still doable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For botters, I don't really see a problem. Easy enough there to catch one, take screenshots and ticket them.

For scammers, in some cases I almost wish we could. Sometimes you might have proof and then you could submit a ticket; that's all well and good. But sometimes you can't get the proof and it would be nice to warn people.

For example, yesterday I saw a bunch of people calling someone out in world chat for apparently stealing gear and also scamming people in powerlevel runs. I thought nothing of it. Then said person joined a BH I was in. Almost immediately he whispers me, "Hi, can I try your necklace on? Just for a minute." Fortunately I'm smart enough not to fall for that, but I can't say the same for everyone else. But this did make me believe the people in world chat were telling the truth, and I thought it would be nice if there was a way to warn everyone about it who don't watch world chat.

That said, like people have already posted, it doesn't work because you could basically just name anyone you wanted to. And if you had proof, you could just ticket them, so it is less necessary. So while it is rather unfortunate that we don't have some way of warning people, I can understand the rules here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If your willing to spend millions of coin on something like a mold crafting service you should be willing to spend a few teles WCing to see if the guy doing it has a good rep. In general people just have to protect themselves their is no other real option.

A really bad scene scamwise is vortex leveling in the pits. If you don't ask for money up front the customer scams you. If you give money up front the zhenner scams you. TBH I think people should just avoid this part of the game unless they know the people doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It still should be handled by PMing in-game GMs (if during normal business hours for PWE) (whisper /GM, you don't need to know the GM's name; the message goes into a queue for them to deal with) or the ticketing system, so the evidence can be validated against logs.

If neither avenue produces results, PM V4l on the forum and let him deal with his team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013

Screenshot proof? Easy to fake.

Video proof? Harder to fake, still doable.

If you repeatedly ask the user in question if they are a bot and get no response, send in a screenshot of the conversation and what time/date it occurred.

They are able to look at the logs and verify that that actually happened and will also see timestamps on the chat dialogues. Same for video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys,

Naming and shaming is still against forum rules. If you see any botters, please absolutely submit a ticket.

Even better is providing screenshots and coordinates in the ticket - it makes dealing with botters a much swifter proposition.

I understand your frustration seeing people break the rules, and not seeing immediate consequences. But I promise, our support GMs do their best to respond to reports of botters.

I'm closing this thread, as it's actively requesting a forum rule violation.

That said, I'm currently looking into new methods and avenues of communication to improve our response time regarding botters, scammers, and spammers.

- Val
This discussion has been closed.