BM - Back From The Grave

Options
AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
So I've been out of the loop now for a few years. And a lot of changes have taken place in PWI that I have no knowledge of. I've been coming the forums but eh.. not much help as of yet.

My questions to you all are.
What are the current gear set ups? (rank, aps etc.)
Rank 8 or 9?
What grinding paths are used for current gear acquisition?
What paths are the most reasonable?
What is s1,s2, s3?
What are Morai Skills?

And any information you may think is relative, would be of great help.

Thank you all.
Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    What are the current gear set ups? (rank, aps etc.): As always, we're expected to have an aps setup and a tank/pvp/axe setup. About the only new things in aps setup is NW has made r8r mats much easier to farm so getting a -int chest is more realistic. Also, they releases tier 3 Nirvana and the weapons get 3 adds. Pretty much the same add pool and chances as G15 claws but since there are three opportunities getting -.05 on claws is pretty easy and even getting double -int is realistic depending on time investment. The unique add-on is always 40 attack levels.

For pvp/tank/axe setups its kind of r9t3 or gtfo. Getting Nirvana tier 3 is very decent gear and falls somewhere between r9 and r9r. Nation War (something else you'll have to look into) killed the Nirvana market and raps dropped from about 1.3m to 90k making N3 (nirvana tier 3) very cheap. You just need duty badges, which you get from fighting bosses in Warsong and Lunar.

Rank 8 or 9?: R8 for BMs has always been kind of bleh, except for recasting chest and for a cheap weapon. r9 is now old news, as is r9r. R9t3 is the best defense setup in the game, and offers a weapon with +50-65 attack levels and GoF.

Although as stated above Nation Wars has made some of the r8r perks more attainable so some people reroll r8r axes and poles for things like +def levels for pulling or advanced purge for pvp.

What grinding paths are used for current gear acquisition? Oh... you quit before farming died... As I said, tier 3 gear came out and NW was released effectively killing the vana market. N3 gear is quit cheap and easily obtainable and for a few weeks there was a spike in the TT market but endgame gear was so easy to obtain that it produced more people farming and less people needing gear so the TT market kind of died off. Lunar has become way over farmed and the only reason people go is for Essence of Defenses (used for tier 3 armor crafting) which sell for 3-4m, the same as Lunar fee so not much profit to be made there.

I guess people still do TMs, but since most people have a cape and account stash it too is dyeing out.

Oh! One new farm of farming emerged and thats crafting the tier 3 items using your badges, and charging per badge. For instance making a G16 HA cape would require an HA cape mold and 30 badges so I could make it for someone and charge about 300k per badge and 1m for the mold=10 crafting fee.

What paths are the most reasonable? Paths of what?
    What is s1,s2, s3? Stage 1, stage 2, stage 3. Also known as tiers for gear. You'll see things labeled many different ways and we've yet to really settle on 1 type of labeling. I use G13 vana, G15 vana, and G16 vana or N1, N2, N3. Then for r9 I use r9r, r9r, and r9t3 (rank 9 tier 3). Some people use r9, r99, and r999, or r93. Just kind of gotta guess what they mean.
    What are Morai Skills? Morai is a map for 95+ players. PWI used it as a way to balance pvp and added several new skills. There are 3 Orders in morai that you can join and each on has a skill to offer for your class. Shroud, Corona, and Luminance. You can change orders for a couple hundred thousand coin and you're expected to travel through all of them.

So, we got 3 excellent skills from Morai. Reel-In is a skill similar to what scorpion uses in Mortal Combat and chance of success is based on your soulforce. From up to 25m away you can pull an opponent towards you. It can also be used as a type of a seal. Flame Tsunami is a linear aoe with a 90% chance to stun and deal excellent damage, but can only be used when hp is under 75%. Nothing real amazing but useful, especially if stuns are in cd. Reckless Rush is a tele-freeze, also with excellent damage. It has some weird damage perks, like it can't crit but has a 3x your crit rate chance to do 1.5% damage. Since with r9t3 I have a 36% crit rate thats a 100% 1.5x chance for me. Also, if opponent's health is less than 50% it deals double damage.

Morai also had an Endless Universe instance, that later got replaced with an Advanced Endless Universe (AEU) where you can earn great exp and get a chest with either an AEU book or apothecaries in it. The two BM books we can get are Blade Tornado or Blade Hurl. Blade Tornado costs 3 sparks, then you get 2 back. You start a 12 second non-interuptable spin where you attack every 3 seconds. Your attacks ignore defenses levels and shields like plume shell and invoke. Damage you take is reduced 50% and it works as an anti-stun, but you can't use skills or genie during this time. Blade Hurl is a ranged aoe weapon disable + damage. Disarm them for 6 seconds and yourself for 3 seconds. This is another move that is great for either openin/finishing the BMs TW run->stun->HF->escape or I also like using it on anti-stunned opponents. Between smack, Reel In, and Blade Hurl we can control an opponent even during anti-stunned times.

More important than our own skills are opponent Morai skills so head to ecatomb.net and read up or jump into Morai and find them.

Oh, one last thing. All r9t3 caster weapons come with Purify Proc now. This means every 5 hits (sometimes more) they get self purified, an anti-stun (6 second?) and an increased run speed like holy path. It sucks.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thank you for the info.

if you don't mind i have a follow up question.

Morai Order, order for a BM shoUld be? ( see below for my guess)

Carona, luminance, shroud?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Shroud -> Corona -> Luminance is in order of quality of the skills received.

Corona -> Luminance -> Shroud is in order of what order you'd actually like to be in after getting all your skills.

Not a big deal in the long run whatever you choose but I recommend Shroud first because Reel In is that. damn. good.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Morai skills that require lots of farming to acquire are not tradeable, so that means you have to effectively farm them. It takes 1 month per skill if i am not mistaken.
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Thank you for the info.

if you don't mind i have a follow up question.

Morai Order, order for a BM shoUld be? ( see below for my guess)

Carona, luminance, shroud?

order isn't permanent, you can change order and itll only take 5% of your current influence and few days.

I'd suggest you go to corona first to get the lvl 80 blade tornado for 15 influence and 105,000 coins (10 influence per quest, you can take 2 quest every day). from there on you can decide which advanced skill you want first (for example after tornado i went for flame tsunami so i switched to luminance and work my way toward getting the skill.) hope this helps b:thanks

P.S : advanced skill cost 675 influence and 3500 prestige.

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    order isn't permanent, you can change order and itll only take 5% of your current influence and few days.

I'd suggest you go to corona first to get the lvl 80 blade tornado for 15 influence and 105,000 coins (10 influence per quest, you can take 2 quest every day). from there on you can decide which advanced skill you want first (for example after tornado i went for flame tsunami so i switched to luminance and work my way toward getting the skill.) hope this helps b:thanks

P.S : advanced skill cost 675 influence and 3500 prestige.

It costs 5% prestige, not influence.

And I agree with CapnK. Reel In is a pretty great pvp skill, so is Reckless Rush. I honestly use Reckless Rush more than Reel In since its more reliable. Reel in fails regularly and I use it more often as a seal than to close the distance. It also doesn't do damage whiel Reckless Rush does considerable damage. You also have to worry about pulling people away from other DDs on your team (ie a sin).

Going for the 80 Sword Cyclone skill is a waste but only takes a day. Until it's upgraded to BT its ****, pretty much.

One thing to consider (and I hope I get this right) is Nirvana is dead but Corona offers an extra vana caster badge, Luminance an extra cube run, and Shroud an extra Nix valley each day. You still can only open once per character but if you have other starters than you can run more Nixes. So if you farm the cube or are looking to level with Nixes ending on Luminance or Shroud and getting 5k prestige (required) might be helpful.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It costs 5% prestige, not influence.

Going for the 80 Sword Cyclone skill is a waste but only takes a day. Until it's upgraded to BT its ****, pretty much.

it's still great for scattering groups of people in pk/tw/nw as i found that even the strongest r9s3+12 arcane class will instantly move away when they see a blade tornado coming for them even though they don't know whether its lvl 80 version or not b:laugh