Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    APS is not even a factor in this game no more its DPH... God of frenzy all day long OHHH!!! LOOK OUT THAT MO F.KA ZERK CRITTING ALL THEM FOOS!! GET OUT DA WAY BEFORE YOU GET 15K ZERK CRITTED AND YO FACE INSIDE OUT.

only 15k? gof sucks, useless add
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    since when did i say i was wearing endgame gear? and because i dont have r9 like you means i never fought against it ? im geared just like all those people you call noob :o mix of tt99 and vana gears..
    but since you say no one can tank better then a barb ill use PvE as a example since you didnt say in PvP show me a barb that can pull the whole metal path in WS and tank/kill all the mobs at the same time without heals or any help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAUHadovjDM of course if this psy didnt have a purify weapon it wouldnt be possible of course.. and you can check that vid posted before if you wanna see a endgame wiz in 1vs19 and winning as if its nothing

your complaint is misplaced, your problem is that more expensive armor yeilds far too much survivability compared to their lesser priced alternatives. sadly, this is a pay to win game. The most expensive option will always make you vastly stronger than the next best thing, to the point that the next best thing cant even compete against it.

the point of the game is to make you frustrated enough to pay up and get the best top tier **** yourself. Your frustration means PWI's profit.

griping that your bicycle isnt as fast as a Ferrari wont get you anywere though.
    To be fair, APS was made less effective after tons of complaints. If Purify Spell received enough there's a decent chance it'd be made less effective as well.

purify will be made less effective at the next content update, where there 2 more types of NW battles will be introduced, neither of which are capture the flag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your complaint is misplaced, your problem is that more expensive armor yeilds far too much survivability compared to their lesser priced alternatives. sadly, this is a pay to win game. The most expensive option will always make you vastly stronger than the next best thing, to the point that the next best thing cant even compete against it.

the point of the game is to make you frustrated enough to pay up and get the best top tier **** yourself. Your frustration means PWI's profit.

griping that your bicycle isnt as fast as a Ferrari wont get you anywere though.

This +1

purify will be made less effective at the next content update, where there 2 more types of NW battles will be introduced, neither of which are capture the flag.

That wont stop the QQ'in just wait and see lol
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only 15k? gof sucks, useless add

ya thats enough to 3 shot me D:

Dont hate b:bye
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, APS was made less effective after tons of complaints. If Purify Spell received enough there's a decent chance it'd be made less effective as well.

True, but the current poll puts it at more people wanting it to stay as is than change or remove it. Compare that to FCC, which would cause them to lose less money and had more support for a change, which is still accessible from level 1. Don't get your hopes up.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, but the current poll puts it at more people wanting it to stay as is than change or remove it. Compare that to FCC, which would cause them to lose less money and had more support for a change, which is still accessible from level 1. Don't get your hopes up.

Any poll as black and white as altering or not altering something that greatly benefits half of the playable classes in a way that renders it less effective is bound to be extremely biased. Chances are most of the votes for it are casters, and the votes against are melee, it just depends on who on the forums actually cares enough to submit a vote from each side.

Do you really believe this poll can be taken seriously? That would be like making a poll to keep APS back in 2010, it's obvious which way the scales would tip, but it would be extremely biased and the results wouldn't be usable.
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This poll is still pointless ... Win , lose or draw . You will cry .. My question is .. What will you cry about next ? I was looking at a 105 psychic in full endgame gear , all +12 with 24 jades ... You cant stop that .. Will you try banning her next ?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I highly doubt people with equal gear get zerk crit for 15k.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Sure they do. On people in an aps setup. b:avoid
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why is this still up and going,hey fuzz lock this thread im sure anything useful is 50+ pages back bro.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Mmmm rare, but with the right debuffs it can happen. Seekers with their def lvl transfer debuff thingy and a zc (along probably some genie), or sins with a double/triple spark + genie amps it can happen.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why is this still up and going,hey fuzz lock this thread im sure anything useful is 50+ pages back bro.

ask GM to close it. cause moderator is useless on this, all they want is pury to be remove, so their opinion is no longer neutral in this matter.

I was asking them to make calculator of end game barb and caster to make a comparison. Because they can not answer. sin and BM can solo tt 3-3 easy w good gear. they think it's not broken. caster pulling warsong pavilion is broken. its really funny
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    ask GM to close it. cause moderator is useless on this, all they want is pury to be remove, so their opinion is no longer neutral in this matter.

I was asking them to make calculator of end game barb and caster to make a comparison. Because they can not answer. sin and BM can solo tt 3-3 easy w good gear. they think it's not broken. caster pulling warsong pavilion is broken. its really funny

Casters can solo 3-3 once geared up enough as well, sins and BMs doing it is irrelevant because now Casters have the ability to do it as well.

Survivability isn't just about taking hits, being able to fend people off factors in just as much, and Casters are able to force others to use defensive options since they can get their debuffs purified. If you force someone to defend themselves they can't very well effectively attack you. Survival isn't just about taking damage, it's about being able to mess up the opponent's tactics to kill you.
    edited May 2013
    Casters can solo 3-3 once geared up enough as well, sins and BMs doing it is irrelevant because now Casters have the ability to do it as well.

Survivability isn't just about taking hits, being able to fend people off factors in just as much, and Casters are able to force others to use defensive options since they can get their debuffs purified. If you force someone to defend themselves they can't very well effectively attack you. Survival isn't just about taking damage, it's about being able to mess up the opponent's tactics to kill you.

How long caster can kill 1 boss w good gear in TT 3-3? how long BM or sin can kill boss with same level gear and refine w caster? u said melee class hit small damage, but how many hits u do at 3 seconds BM/sin do and how many hits caster do on 3 seconds?

jeez so many complaint w the game that not hard for melee class
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    How long caster can kill 1 boss w good gear in TT 3-3? how long BM or sin can kill boss with same level gear and refine w caster? u said melee class hit small damage, but how many hits u do at 3 seconds BM/sin do and how many hits caster do on 3 seconds?

jeez so many complaint w the game that not hard for melee class

Under R9 it'd take Casters ages. At R9r3+12 weapon they get to a point where they hit stupidly hard. They won't kill bosses quite as fast as G16 BMs/Sins of equal refines, afterall if they could something would be broken. The whole appeal of an aps build is to have the highest DPS in the game. It almost sounds like you want casters to have DPH so high that it outdoes the DPS of aps BMs and Sins.

The point is Casters can solo TTs in a very reasonable amount of time now, not as fast as Sins/BMs, but fast enough that it's profitable. There's not much imbalance in PvE as it stands. Soloing 3-3 was always reserved for the best geared melee, now the beast geared arcanes are able to do it as well. Casters have already taken the PvP spotlight and are currently the strongest classes in NW in majority of the situations possible. At this point you're just looking for any little thing you can latch onto so you can complain about it, as evidenced by bringing TT into it.

jeez so much complaint w the game that not hard for arcane class
    edited May 2013
    -snip-
    But my point is, pury is to answer the not balacing problem in pve and pvp. people just need to adapt.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    was just edit. im in meeting and im bored haha but still i think u get the point since i already edit. but yeah im not native.

But my point is, pury is too answer the not balacing problem in pve and pvp. people just need to adapt.

The thing about casters is originally they wanted balance. Not to be overpowered by any means, but balance with APS. They now have that in PvE, given that they are now able to do the things that melee only used to do. In PvP it's another matter however, while in 1v1 Purify Spell isn't massively overpowered, in group PvP under certain conditions that apply in most battles in the best money making instance we now have it is overpowered.

It'll be nice when we get the new NW battles.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Enough already with the attempts to get it closed.

Don't really have anything to add about any other of the convos going on at the time being.

As controversial as a topic this is, it has definitely has been derailed for quite some time, not to mention the few 'flaming' posts that have arguably been made by a few people. (I realize its up to the person who's modding it to determine whether or not something needs moderated, but I do wonder if they really are watching it as closely as they say.) Although it is rather impossible to keep an eye on things all the time, and also address issues the moment they arise. Still though I am surprised I haven't seen a few of the posts deleted in a while now, let alone a mod telling us all to get back on track so to speak.

All that aside I do suspect they are keeping an close eye on this thread, I am sure if they deem it necessary to do so, they will do what is needed to remedy whatever situation may arise.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited May 2013
    The thing about casters is originally they wanted balance. Not to be overpowered by any means, but balance with APS. They now have that in PvE, given that they are now able to do the things that melee only used to do. In PvP it's another matter however, while in 1v1 Purify Spell isn't massively overpowered, in group PvP under certain conditions that apply in most battles in the best money making instance we now have it is overpowered.

It'll be nice when we get the new NW battles.

caster class able to do pve like solo TT because they have really high end gear with high refine. But there is no change before beside caster (new instance for nirvana) that already dead and pury weapon. many sin and Bm can solo TT 3-1 with aps build armor +5 and g13 dagger or claw but i dont think caster can solo 3-1 with same level gear and refine. So there is nothing new beside pury weapon.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caster class able to do pve like solo TT because they have really high end gear with high refine. But there is no change before beside caster (new instance for nirvana) that already dead and pury weapon. many sin and Bm can solo TT 3-1 with aps build armor +5 and g13 dagger or claw but i dont think caster can solo 3-1 with same level gear and refine. So there is nothing new beside pury weapon.

I'd be afraid to see another Arcane being able to permaspark when they're able to attack from a distance with higher DPH...

Especially with magic damage being oh so easy to tank compared to being constantly attacked physically and dealing with occasional magic attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Oh? Sins and BMs are soloing TT3-1 with +5 gear and unrefined weapons? That's pretty neat. Considering they don't.

I thought we were talking about 3-3, not 3-1. 3-3 is a whole different ball game. In any case, seeing as most bosses have magic attacks and a G16 +5 or 6 caster is 9k or so HP with buffs, I'm confident they can tank the magic attacks dished out in 3-1 seeing as marrowed I get hit for maybe 2 or 3k. I can't recall, maybe it's 1k. All I know is out of my 12k HP it does very little. The attacks don't come as fast melee, and they have higher magic resistance than a BM. Sooooooooo yeah, I'm thinking a G16 caster would have little issue with most bosses in 3-1s so long as their weapon is refined decently.

If you do decide to switch back to 3-3, rather then going to lower TTs to help your pitiful argument, let me tell you this. 3-3 can't be solo'd by some new apser in +5 gear with a **** weapon. You need a good reservoir of HP and high damage to sit in melee range and kill the bosses, it takes highly geared characters to pull it off efficiently. The same way it takes a highly geared melee to do it, it takes a highly geared caster. Casters can solo TTs just like melee, albeit at a slower pace. It's a non-issue.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Guys, once again if you have a problem with the way a thread is being moderated, please pm the moderator. This is not the place to demand this thread get closed. Also, please get back on track. This thread is not about whether or not R999 is unfair, or whether APS is unfair (If you want to compare what someone could do with puri vs aps that's one thing, but posting only about APS isn't the topic of thread) or whether or not the mods must remain neutral. Also try to keep the flaming to a minimal. Thanks.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every class either has a running skill except the barb , cleric and psychic . The barb has natueal speed. Without a running skill the cleric and psychic can be ran into the ground and murdered . The purify proc allows those two classes a slight chance of escape because it doesn't proc every time If you really care about balance leave it alone .
  • soslyqld69
    soslyqld69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is.... your purify prock cost nothing.... those class skills cost something and have a cooldown, same for holy path. Balance??? try making purify cost something.. then that will b balance.
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soslyqld69 wrote: »
    The thing is.... your purify prock cost nothing.... those class skills cost something and have a cooldown, same for holy path. Balance??? try making purify cost something.. then that will b balance.

The balance is fine as it is and has been said over and over again. b:surrender
    edited May 2013
    Oh? Sins and BMs are soloing TT3-1 with +5 gear and unrefined weapons? That's pretty neat. Considering they don't.

I thought we were talking about 3-3, not 3-1. 3-3 is a whole different ball game. In any case, seeing as most bosses have magic attacks and a G16 +5 or 6 caster is 9k or so HP with buffs, I'm confident they can tank the magic attacks dished out in 3-1 seeing as marrowed I get hit for maybe 2 or 3k. I can't recall, maybe it's 1k. All I know is out of my 12k HP it does very little. The attacks don't come as fast melee, and they have higher magic resistance than a BM. Sooooooooo yeah, I'm thinking a G16 caster would have little issue with most bosses in 3-1s so long as their weapon is refined decently.

If you do decide to switch back to 3-3, rather then going to lower TTs to help your pitiful argument, let me tell you this. 3-3 can't be solo'd by some new apser in +5 gear with a **** weapon. You need a good reservoir of HP and high damage to sit in melee range and kill the bosses, it takes highly geared characters to pull it off efficiently. The same way it takes a highly geared melee to do it, it takes a highly geared caster. Casters can solo TTs just like melee, albeit at a slower pace. It's a non-issue.

some of my friend can with armor +5 and weapon +10 to solo 3-1. and for me, its still an issue, cause caster class doesnt have BP and most of the boss in TT are melee. If u think, it doesnt have a problem. look at the trend, people make sin or BM to farming not their caster class to use. so it is a problem.

and to venus, talking about APS is really relevant on this thread. once of the reason why pury here is to answer the not balancing of APS.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait...are people seriously saying a caster can solo/duo TT bosses as well as an APS DD?

lolno. The amount of gear you'd need in order to tank with cleric heals and not die is a lot higher and you'll be taking quite a while to kill the bosses as well. It'd just be a lot easier and less time-consuming to get an APS DD or even an archer to tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    some of my friend can with armor +5 and weapon +10 to solo 3-1. and for me, its still an issue, cause caster class doesnt have BP and most of the boss in TT are melee. If u think, it doesnt have a problem. look at the trend, people make sin or BM to farming not their caster class to use. so it is a problem.

and to venus, talking about APS is really relevant on this thread. once of the reason why pury here is to answer the not balancing of APS.

You failed to state that the weapon was +10 smart one. You simply said claws and daggers, it isn't assumed that they're +10.
    Wait...are people seriously saying a caster can solo/duo TT bosses as well as an APS DD?

lolno. The amount of gear you'd need in order to tank with cleric heals and not die is a lot higher and you'll be taking quite a while to kill the bosses as well. It'd just be a lot easier and less time-consuming to get an APS DD or even an archer to tank.

Not as well as one, but they can certainly do it.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure it is true, I can solo fc almost as fast as my bm now, but my sin is still faster. As for 3-3 I need a cleric atleast to do it and probably a charm if not. My sin and bm duo it easily faster and with lesser gear and no charm.

I will concede though that my wizzy has no josd and no only +11 weapon(but
    frostborne gems) and all my orns/armor is still just +10. Not really sure how much difference the two refine level on armor /orns make. I think the main difference between me and really op characters are the josd. The purify is the only reason really I can do 3-3 because the green boss has that nasty magic suck and of course the sleepy boss and the stupid bubble boss. Purify speed boost is the only reason I can do fc in nearly the time an apser can cause I kill mobs so much faster it makes up for the time for killing the bosses almost.

I am still waiting to feel invincible, so far I still die from max gear archers faster than I can get out of stun and cast force of will. Perhaps it's the josd that should be nerfed if it makes that much more difference. At my level the purify doesn't make u terribly op in nw

And while there is tons of things I can do it is still so very hard to even get in bh squads without linking my gear which is **** considering my sin-bm gets a random wc invite in like the first one-two tries.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets face it, most op players/vets have an aps toon at this point as a farmer while most have an archer or other ranged toon for tw/nw. Bm and sin still do fine token wise in nw even if they aren't quite the mass murders they use to be.
This discussion has been closed.