Morai Server DC problem

Options

Comments

• Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sylen, haven't you learned by now, its ALWAYS PWI's fault b:chuckle

People have very little grasp of the internet, how it works, what all is entailed in its function, and everyone always expects people to work 24/7/365, forget families, friends, a life, etc.

I don't expect *individuals* to work 24/7/365. I expect PWI to be staffed during the hours necessary to ensure a stable gaming environment. It's hardly MY job to grasp how the internet works and know what all is entailed in its function. That, my friend, is THEIR job. A job for which they are more than adequately compensated by the player base, I might add.

That said, it may well be that the euro ISP is not as concerned about us as PWI EU might be, and perhaps that is contributing to the delay of a final resolution, over the weekend. Another update is over-due, though, since the last one was 6hrs ago on the DE facebook page.
  • Frankenstein - Momaganon
    Frankenstein - Momaganon Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It is realy bored. I logged in and got 10 mins later an DC. b:spit
  • SacredRose - Morai
    SacredRose - Morai Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't expect *individuals* to work 24/7/365. I expect PWI to be staffed during the hours necessary to ensure a stable gaming environment. It's hardly MY job to grasp how the internet works and know what all is entailed in its function. That, my friend, is THEIR job. A job for which they are more than adequately compensated by the player base, I might add.

That said, it may well be that the euro ISP is not as concerned about us as PWI EU might be, and perhaps that is contributing to the delay of a final resolution, over the weekend. Another update is over-due, though, since the last one was 6hrs ago on the DE facebook page.

Enough said. +1
  • reinhart
    reinhart Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, if you had bothered to read the previous posts, you would know that it's a problem with the ISP that PWE is using over there. If you had any experience at all with getting this level of support from ISP's, you'd know that getting anything done about it before Monday afternoon is daunting at best. You're lucky to be able to connect to the server at all.

What impact do you think it would have to shut the server down completely? You'd have even more rage then, than you do now with some disconnects.

i just love how ppl like u form their smooth running servers come here and educate us how rude and as*holes we are, i just wish u the same smart boy, and u know what, the completely server shut down is a way better solution than this, dc in random times (30mins) bcoz if they shut down the server the spieler wont lose xp and money on death. Go back to ur fancy server, we dont need ur "smart comments"
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    Tayalka - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ...Another update is over-due, though, since the last one was 6hrs ago on the DE facebook page.

Just adding, that there was also a short answer in the german forum (but as you see the thread is already closed, all the questions in other threads were just ignored and this was, as far as I saw the ONLY reaction of PWI on the german Forum. And then they wonder, why the german forum is dead -.-)

http://pwi-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=49661
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    but what happend to you?~
    b:laugh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nani - Morai
    Nani - Morai Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    reinhart wrote: »
    i just love how ppl like u form their smooth running servers come here and educate us how rude and as*holes we are, i just wish u the same smart boy, and u know what, the completely server shut down is a way better solution than this, dc in random times (30mins) bcoz if they shut down the server the spieler wont lose xp and money on death. Go back to ur fancy server, we dont need ur "smart comments"

Wow. You certainly do prove the point that we're rude arseholes.

I for one disagree with complete server shut down. I rather somewhat play the game on this server than not at all. In the end, if you lose that much exp and feel it's unplayable, you're perfectly able to log out on your own. No one is forcing you to get on and play.

That being said, I'd like to get an update on the situation.
  • SacredRose - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hmm... I dont understand that post. Anyone German can translate that? Thanks ^^
  • Nani - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hmm... I dont understand that post. Anyone German can translate that? Thanks ^^

It basically just say that they couldn't solve it completley and are still working on the situation.

Google translate:
    Unfortunately, the network error could not be completely resolved and we apologize to all those who are affected. We are already working hard on a solution, but you can still do at the present time no definite deadline. We will keep you informed of further developments here up to date.
  • SacredRose - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ah :) Thanks for translating =) Couldve used google translate too but they somehow never really translate right. Except this time :P
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Options
    reinhart wrote: »
    and u know what, the completely server shut down is a way better solution than this, dc in random times (30mins) bcoz if they shut down the server the spieler wont lose xp and money on death.

I disagree on that point. With all the random dc's I just don't do anything, or at least nothing that could kill me. I just picked up bh (to do when dc issue is solved), found some nice deals in ah, got the few 100k from grabbing different jones orders, and such. It is your choice to go out doing something that can kill you. Yeah, it sucks to have this during the weekend. During TW and (probably) both NW. I already informed my NW buddy I won't be there for NW if the dc issue isn't solved by then. I've been doing other things this weekend.

It's not funny we have to wait till over the weekend. Like Lix said, we may expect 24/7/365 intervention for these big issues without having to know how they should do their job or how they are organized. But by lack of a quick solution, at least wait and see how they will compensate for this inconvenience before labeling them with all kind of insults.
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    basicly the same post than on facebook germany and international some (or some more...or even more!) hours ago :)
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
  • _Mictian_ - Archosaur
    _Mictian_ - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    they gonna rollback server merge b:shutup b:shocked
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    they gonna rollback server merge b:shutup b:shocked

told my Bf the same xD rollback merge and then remerge, so we will be able to play..hm..next year again lol
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    edited May 2013
    Options
    they gonna rollback server merge

I think this will be the best

Archo are allways lags after merge, it is not possible to make an Duel in West with lower ping then 300 since the merge. And now since 3 Days every 15-30 mins DC.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Obviously my main server is Arch yet awhile ago i made toons on all servers to check them out..and i go to the new morai i had toons on the new servers and it took forever to get on and then dc'd right after i log on...poor morai.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I think this will be the best

Archo are allways lags after merge, it is not possible to make an Duel in West with lower ping then 300 since the merge. And now since 3 Days every 15-30 mins DC.

a) there are more spots than just west for duells...moreover me personally couldn't even do this BEFORE merge nor on any other server i played...West is for kitties and stuff, there are more than enough other and better places...

b)I'm pretty sure the DC issues have nothing to do with the merge...even w/o merge that could have happen
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The next DC... b:angry 37 mins after the last

The last comment from PW was on facebook over 8 hours ago. They sayed that the did not fixed them but that they work hard and do not know when it will be fixed.

So I think they have now idea what the problem is.

I was Server Adminstrator in the past. The ISP do normal only one. He give the server electrical power and an lan cable. So I think the problem is not at the ISP. The problem will be at the servers.
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I dunno why but...all this stuff reminds me on this:

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/avp350X_460s.jpg
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I dunno why but...all this stuff reminds me on this:

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/avp350X_460s.jpg

This is correct b:laugh

At bigger problems I always used a search engine. b:laugh
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Until the dc issue is resolved why not make a new char on another server...at least temporary. i mean if you wanna play. No it won't be the same as ur current toons on morai but u can at least play,
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    any update since the facebook post 7 or so hours ago? ive looked about but cant find anything b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nani - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    any update since the facebook post 7 or so hours ago? ive looked about but cant find anything b:surrender

Nope. Just a post on the German forums which said exactly the same b:surrender
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The next DC b:surrender 24 mins after the last
  • Kecuzka - Morai
    Kecuzka - Morai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    This is the moment when you realize how much you want to play PWI....b:surrender
    Otakus don't die they become animes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Options
    now had much ppl an DC but me not (I had only a biiig lag) b:victory 33 mins after the last DC
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The next DC b:cry 1:01 hours after the last

The next NW with DC event and the last official comment on the german FB site was over 9 hours ago
  • Kecuzka - Morai
    Kecuzka - Morai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I just joined and Boom....DC. At least i saw my character for a second.
    Otakus don't die they become animes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nani - Morai
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm probably just lucky, but over an hour without any DC now! I'm half expecting it to happen right now as I type this. b:chuckle
  • TRISKELION - Morai
    TRISKELION - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well, if you had bothered to read the previous posts, you would know that it's a problem with the ISP that PWE is using over there. If you had any experience at all with getting this level of support from ISP's, you'd know that getting anything done about it before Monday afternoon is daunting at best. You're lucky to be able to connect to the server at all.

What impact do you think it would have to shut the server down completely? You'd have even more rage then, than you do now with some disconnects.

As what I said for our amusement we spent dollars, if the amusement is not available then find another, why need to rage or something similar, If am lucky to connect is much same as disappointed every time i disconnect, Internet Service Provider (ISP) it will be solve before monday afternoon as u said, i bet to disagree on that any ISP company have a 24/7 hotline, in any case that a problem continues within the rage of the ISP is there concern and must be fix ASAP and that is international law for all ISP company, try to read not just this forum read also the rules governing the ISP's... ok buddy also read my signature for ur own good... chao!
    Rise to defend the name and honor of YOURSELF... DONT BE NOOB! b:victory
  • TRISKELION - Morai
    TRISKELION - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    better play C&C generals online
    Rise to defend the name and honor of YOURSELF... DONT BE NOOB! b:victory