Unable to connect to server

Aybe - Lost City
Aybe - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Support Desk
So I have installed PWI on my external HDD because I am using public computer. Extracted all the files and patched it to the current version 713.

Now when I select server list, all servers have line on them and when I try to login I get the messege "Unable to connect to server"

I have tried to verify the client, and restart my computer. Also reinstalled the client all over again and used manual patch. None of those worked for me, can any one suggest a fix?
Post edited by Aybe - Lost City on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Check firewall, and antivirus. That is most likely the issue.

Although, depending on where the public computer is, the port the client uses is likely blocked because it's a known game port.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aybe - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Check firewall, and antivirus. That is most likely the issue.

Although, depending on where the public computer is, the port the client uses is likely blocked because it's a known game port.

I think that might be the problem, I am using university computer. Is there anyway around this? there are heavy restictions though, I can not change setting on firewall and AV maybe can do something about port since I think thats the reason why it doesnt load server list
    edited May 2013
    I think that might be the problem, I am using university computer. Is there anyway around this? there are heavy restictions though, I can not change setting on firewall and AV maybe can do something about port since I think thats the reason why it doesnt load server list

Nope. They're blocking the ports on their routers and likely have ICS policies in place as well. You might maybe be able to do it if you use a proxy, but then your account is likely to get auto-banned by the server bot that crawls for proxied connections.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aybe - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    Nope. They're blocking the ports on their routers and likely have ICS policies in place as well. You might maybe be able to do it if you use a proxy, but then your account is likely to get auto-banned by the server bot that crawls for proxied connections.

Do you know the ports for PWI? I will ask an admin to add them to exception list.
    edited May 2013
    Offhand, I believe it's port 29000. At work and don't have my USB drive to check it.

Edit: was able to verify, yes it's port 29000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]