Nation wars/delta 4 min stuck out of game

Options
yakko
yakko Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Quality Corner
When you first start. There appears to be a glitch when grouping with people. Unless someone who is solo has ran into the problem? When nation wars start the instance randomly you can be kicked from the game(not due to dc or game crash) Then when you try to reconnect it says you cant connect or some ****. You basically have to wait 4 mins before you can get back its the exact same thing that happens when you start some god rebirth deltas or any of them for that matter.

To add to that this 4 min timer can randomly happen while switching to a new map and starting the map in nw.

It's like your charc gets stuck between loading the area but blocks you from reconnecting until the problem is resolved. In fact one time it showed that i entered an area only to be kicked it seemed strange cuz i got in before who ever else and was instantly kicked so maybe we entered at the same exact time... But it cause me to be kicked from server for 4 mins. That seems out of charc sence the other areas aren't player limited. However you might also want to look into the max number of players entering the same area at the same exact time. Maybe even adding a que to enter full battles.
Post edited by yakko on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Got it. I'll see if we can stress-test this event again.
    I'll be honest though, I've never seen this issue in our internal attempts and I have no good idea on how to reproduce it (aside from randomly joining NW). If there's anything in common between those who are kicked from NW (same level bracket, same class, same spiritual cultivation, same quests in their logs?), that'd be helpful to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If it happens to the leader of a squad, the squad disbands without a message. The other players see the squad list as it was, but there is no indication that they're no longer in the squad. HP and MP bars don't change though, and chat stops coming through, so it is possible to notice. However there is no way to leave squad, you need to wait for the original leader to come back from the disconnect (after several minutes, once it allows them to log back in) and reinvite.
    This is similar to a bug when entering an instance, sometimes you'll randomly leave squad, again without a message. The squad list will remain onscreen.

The DCing error happens mostly upon entering the Nation War at the very beginning, I've had 10-person squads reduced to 3 people on several occasions...

It's possible the last patch fixed this DCing error by the way, there was something about it in patch notes.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • yakko
    yakko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    As far as I know the bug is still around however I haven't personally had it in the last 2 weeks.

Ya I've also had the group glitch where it seems like your still in the group.

Fixable by leaving the group and being reinvited a bug none the less.
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    yakko wrote: »
    Ya I've also had the group glitch where it seems like your still in the group.

Fixable by leaving the group and being reinvited a bug none the less.

Oh no, you can't leave. You can still receive invites though. The issue comes when the DC happens to the leader and it disbands the squad and gives everyone the glitch. Nobody can leave squad or invite anyone else, so you're squadless until the leader can return...
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    I'll be honest though, I've never seen this issue in our internal attempts and I have no good idea on how to reproduce it (aside from randomly joining NW). If there's anything in common between those who are kicked from NW (same level bracket, same class, same spiritual cultivation, same quests in their logs?), that'd be helpful to know.

This is an old bug. It's exactly the same in NW and RB - I would guess a symptom is any quest that ports a whole group into an instance.

It's random - levels, class, culti, quests do not matter.

I would suggest entering RB repeatedly with the same group until it happens. Same issue each time. If you cannot replicate it internally you may have to do it externally as it could be a server to client issue.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Zaxies - Heavens Tear
    Zaxies - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh no, you can't leave. You can still receive invites though. The issue comes when the DC happens to the leader and it disbands the squad and gives everyone the glitch. Nobody can leave squad or invite anyone else, so you're squadless until the leader can return...

You aren't squadless until the leader returns, as you've said yourself, you still recieve invites (reform squad with someone else being leader?b:surrender) I've had this glitch before and the workaround doesn't bother me.

On topic though, yes this glitch is still around. I haven't gotten the enter-DC as often as I've gotten DC'd when finishing a battle and waiting to get timed out. That one is far more annoying to me because sometimes you're several territories away from your own base, come back the 4~ minutes later and you're baselocked and far away from your squad.
  • genotypist
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This is an old bug. It's exactly the same in NW and RB - I would guess a symptom is any quest that ports a whole group into an instance.

It's random - levels, class, culti, quests do not matter.

I would suggest entering RB repeatedly with the same group until it happens. Same issue each time. If you cannot replicate it internally you may have to do it externally as it could be a server to client issue.
    Hi Mael, our internal team doesn't use abbreviations. Can you clarify what RB stands for?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hi Mael, our internal team doesn't use abbreviations. Can you clarify what RB stands for?

RB = Rebirth (you guys use NW though! :P)

Rebirth Delta is a confirmed culprit of this bug - and it's been accepted as an issue over the years.

This has become more of a hot issue due to Nation Wars. With Rebirth, you just head to Thousand Streams and wait for the player to log back in. In Nation Wars, the affected player loses time during the event, and the squad loses a player. It's really hurtful when it is the only cleric in the squad.

Sometimes the disconnected player gets lucky and gets in the same nation as their original squad. Most of the time They are stuck trying to find others that disconnected that got into the same nation to squad with.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

I have attempted to isolate the cause of this issue, and so far I have not found any connections. Based on my attempts, it appears that level, class, cultivation, quests, ping, fps, connections, people in squad, leader of squad, classes in squad, gear of players does not matter. The bug appears completely random, which is extremely troubling. The bug can occur to any player within the squad, including the squad leader. This problem can also occur multiple times in a row (such as entering Rebirth Delta). While I have noticed that some players seem to experience this issue a lot more than others, I feel this is pure coincidence.

What I have noticed so far though, is that this problem seem to reside only with features that instantly teleports entire squads into a different instance. Similar features that teleports players individually (such as Territory Wars) does not exhibit such behavior. Quest based teleportations for individuals have also never exhibited such behavior.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • genotypist
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I have attempted to isolate the cause of this issue, and so far I have not found any connections. Based on my attempts, it appears that level, class, cultivation, quests, ping, fps, connections, people in squad, leader of squad, classes in squad, gear of players does not matter. The bug appears completely random, which is extremely troubling. The bug can occur to any player within the squad, including the squad leader. This problem can also occur multiple times in a row (such as entering Rebirth Delta). While I have noticed that some players seem to experience this issue a lot more than others, I feel this is pure coincidence.

What I have noticed so far though, is that this problem seem to reside only with features that instantly teleports entire squads into a different instance. Similar features that teleports players individually (such as Territory Wars) does not exhibit such behavior. Quest based teleportations for individuals have also never exhibited such behavior.
    Thanks for helping Zsw, and you're right, my internal tests also show the same behavior. I got it to glitch as described once, and I lack back-end tools to debug the settings caused by this. I'll keep trying.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thanks for helping Zsw, and you're right, my internal tests also show the same behavior. I got it to glitch as described once, and I lack back-end tools to debug the settings caused by this. I'll keep trying.

As Zsw said, it always happens in squads.

Disconnect (dc) glitch happens very often in the 2 following cases:

1. Leaving pwi world -> Entering Nation War map as a squad.
    2. Leaving Nation War battlefield Instance (after getting the global timer)-> Entering Nation War map.
    3. Rebirth

Cases where it doesn't happen:
    1. Leaving TW after everyone getting same global timer (even if everyone teleports out at the same time, never seen anyone dc)
    2. Leaving Nation War map -> Entering nation war battlefield instance (dc doesn't happen here because if there is 20 people on the land being attacked, everyone gets an "individual 3 secs timer" and each person can click on 'enter' button to instantly join the battle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Not a well confirmed act but the stance that one gets after casting one's buff (not the normal standing one but shaking dance, also but not limited to the 'engaged in battle' stance) has a very large chance to DC.
    This happens a few times that a blade master in the squad buffs with bell right before the leader chooses to enter, so the BM is still having that adrenaline stance (if I may call it ) and DCes.
    This may help in re creating the problem as most people don't just stand there in squad but keep buffing till they enter. I have avoided a DC by standing still just before entering and never got a DC but that may be purely co incidence.
    Also if the above statement is only related to rebirth order quests as I have never entered nw in a squad
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Rumors

Buffs, buffing, being on a Mount, etc - all of this has been proven false by others (and myself - I used to live in RB before they got rid of the shroom coin). I've been on mounts, fliers, in the middle of buffing, buffed, no buffs, middle of the night, middle of the day, yadda. It's all just rumors that I've never seen affect getting into RB ever.

Mag Ive never seen scenario #2 cause a disconnect. Got any recordings? Every DC Ive ever seen during NW has been during fights or standing on the map normal DCs. Nothing clearly attributed to zoning in or out.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    When the NW map ends and the port out timer hits 0 and I'm typing at the same time I get the 4 min DC and cause ppl around me to DC too.

I try not to type much anymore.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    UPDATE: This fix will be pushed out with our next content update, so unfortunately, it will be a little while before it goes live.

So is this issue fixed yet as Val said it will be done with next content update, which already released my question is why still not fix yet ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    same problem occurs in Seat of Torment:Trophy Mode almost 100% of the time, rendering this instance 100% broken (as well as Abaddon:Trophy mode) as mentioned in my post dedicated to the same but tm-specific issue.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Mag Ive never seen scenario #2 cause a disconnect. Got any recordings? Every DC Ive ever seen during NW has been during fights or standing on the map normal DCs. Nothing clearly attributed to zoning in or out.

I don't have any screenshots or anything, but I can also confirm that this DC does occur. Once your nation wins the instance you are currently in, there is still a possibility that you DC after the timer for 'leaving instance in X' runs out. It has only ever happened to me once, but it has happened to several people in my squad more than once.

I was actually mid-typing up a post about the above issue until I realised there was two pages in which Mag already covered it \o/.
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I can report this issue occurring as well. It rarely happens for NW, but more frequently happens for trophy modes.

I got the DC + 4min lock out last Sunday's NW. I noticed something that may be helpful. While I knew I was disconnected, since I did not zone in to NW, I was still connected to the server for 5-10 seconds before I got the "you've been disconnected message."

In addition, during this time I could see my squad chat, and see my squad mates typing about which land they were attacking. (Such as "Goto A10!") So I knew that I was not in NW, but my squad WAS in NW. And the disconnection did not occur till a few seconds later.

This bug is rather significant as any Trophy modes are pretty much guarenteed to fail when one member can't join. Nation wars are even worse, since after you finally can re-login, you only have a 1/4th chance to rejoin your squad, and usually wind up having to NW alone. (Which I can report is significantly less fun!)
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I also had the bug at the end of the battle last night. We won the battle, I was walking around refreshing my buffs, timer hit zero, and then I was just there in the instance with no timer and the box that shows the points for your nation and the enemy nation was gone. Then I dc'd and had to wait for ~three minutes before I could get back in.

When I logged back in I was in my nation's home base.

And it wasn't mentioned in this topic but it does occur when entering Trophy Mode Lunar as well.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's an issue that's been happening in Rebirth Delta for much longer than we've even had NW so far. It's been reported and no solid answer was ever given, until Valiance's post....

As is the norm in these parts, it's been an issue for a couple of years now. Several months ago it was finally acknowledged, yet there have been no updates since, and the problem only continues to worsen and become more noticeable.

It has to do with the location data not being stored correctly in the character xml sheet when the teleport process occurs. It's most likely due to a communication issue between the servers, possibly even just a glitch in how the data is transferred from one machine to the other. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just because the game's expanded farther than the original code was designed to manage properly. I mean, the game was still in the early stages of development when Wanmei purchased it and then fired the original dev's. That's not even mentioning the fact that the hardware it was designed to run on is from 10 years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We're aware of the issues regarding mass disconnections during NW, as well as players being unable to participate during NW.

At this point, we believe we've determined that the problem is related to our server hardware in our East Coast datacenter, and we are in the process of upgrading that hardware.

I am so sorry for these interruptions; I know how important Nation Wars is each week, and the engineers and PWI Team are working as fast as possible to fix this.

I will keep you posted as I learn more.

- Val

UPDATE: This fix will be pushed out with our next content update, so unfortunately, it will be a little while before it goes live.

I'm curious because post by Valiance says he thinks it's an issue in the east coast server datacenter.

I've had the issue with delta, TM lunar, and NW, playing on Sanctuary, which is a westcoast server.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm curious because post by Valiance says he thinks it's an issue in the east coast server datacenter.

I've had the issue with delta, TM lunar, and NW, playing on Sanctuary, which is a westcoast server.

V4liance posts refers to an entirely different glitch that was affecting the East Coast servers, in which EVERYONE who entered nw was disconnected usually. Massive disconnects, rather than a few squads. And other people who entered late couldn't enter either. Battles couldn't be joined even if you weren't DC by many more people, but some people didn't experience the issue. I think this problem even affected the outcome of a couple of east coast wars. So that one is a bit different than this issue. I dunno if the memory leak got fixed as well, although it said it did. So now the thing causing the rest of the disconnects is this one.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The above happens to single players to. Capn and others in my faction know that i do my nw solo. This has happened to me twice out of 3 months i did nw each week. I can live with being ported out and not logging in for 4 minutes. What ticks me off, i was part of a base locking squad, we won the battle, i had 1.3k points, those points never got added for me, i ended up in base, our base was locked. For the next 80 minutes i did nothing. Had those points got added life would have been good, i would have had 5k contribution that time.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I have had this issue several times when entering NW as a squad, and none of the times was I leader. It basically crashes to desktop, and when I attempt to log back in even attempting to force, it says I can't log in as I'm already logged in. Can't force close it at all and have to wait approximately four minutes.

Meaning, lost all the squad buffs, and by the time I enter NW, the instance the squad is in, that area is more than likely full, so I run around solo while in the squad in a different area.

Not a happy person do I become.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.