Cant Play PWI HELP!

Tokez - Dreamweaver
Tokez - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Support Desk
Ive downloaded the game and verified all files but when i press "Start" it gives me an error with a bunch of words I cannnot understand like OSIGhhhghh or something with another language... please help i dont understand why i cant play...
Post edited by Tokez - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm no expert, but...did you disable your antivirus while you downloaded? Did you direct download or use the torrent version? This info will help the others that know more about this when they get here. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Tokez - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    well i did direct download an are you sure i have to disable the virus scanner?
  • Tokez - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    its kinda an older computer but its windows xp and has worked for the last pw the tide one... but should i do torrent or what?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Yes, you have to disable your active scanner when you download important things, because anti-virus programs LOVE eating your files when you download something like a game. Often times, even verifying doesn't fix the files the anti-virus devours.

EDIT: I run on a really old computer with XP too, and it runs sirens fine, but you should probably run a dxdiag to get the info handy incase it's needed later. It doesn't sound like it's your computer that's the issue, just something eating your files during the download.

I haven't personally needed to download the game in a long time, but I know for a fact that the torrent should be a lot more reliable than using the direct download with pando media booster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Tokez - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    ok and what program do I want to open it with...?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    ok and what program do I want to open it with...?
    The torrent? uTorrent is very much recommended.

Also, after the download, you'll want to set the PWI path as an exception in your anti-virus, so it doesn't continue to mess with the files when you update and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Just hitting a barndoor with a shotgun here because there isn't enough information but...

My bet is video drivers or DirectX version incompatibility.

I mean, at an absolute minimum, of you really wanted an answer to your issue, you should post an uploaded screenshot of the error box, (appropriately sized so someone can actually see what the error window is), a copy of the output from a dxdiag.txt file, and maybe even a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)

Seriously about using the CODE tag with the dxdiag info, do it or people will not like you much. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tokez - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    ok thanks... how do i take a pic of the msg an post here?
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok thanks... how do i take a pic of the msg an post here?
    >>>>Click Here<<<<