A new BH100 boss might be....

Comments

• GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't remember heads in Old FC, but what do I know? Buying FC heads at 100+? Ew ;-;

b:chuckle Point taken. What do I know? I've never bought or sold FC (or any other opportunity to bypass gameplay.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b:chuckle Point taken. What do I know? I've never bought or sold FC (or any other opportunity to bypass gameplay.)

Honestly I can't even remember, as it's been years since FC was revamped. Also, Lunar TM should be on the BH list too. \o/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    players are always in classes; whether we call it level or gear is kinda irrelevant. I don't see why it is bad to create separate isntances suitable for each gear level otherwise we could just send everyone to bh29 to avoid separating the playerbase by levels.
    To some extent level classism is inherent in MMOs, but it's wholly temporary. Everyone who plays MMOs can reasonably be expected to level up and hit endgame eventually; it's a basic goal of RPG design. Gear, by contrast, is a personal choice that can be made for any number of reasons (utilitatian, budget-conscious, stylistic, etc) and is not universal across all players. Despite that, we already have massive peer pressure in this game revolving around arbitrarily-defined gear standards, so creating a whole new class of BHs for them is just worsening the problem.
    it's still pve so pve focused gear will still work. by demolishing pve farming with NW pve gear is already kinda dead imho. the thing is, bh ex would actually benefit the "middle class" to farm more coins (i'm not saying to create content that is ultra hard for r9rr+12 but something ultra hard for tt90 yet doable for g15/6+3 is a good idea)
    The only way you can say PVE gear is dead is if you say PVE itself is dead. Though I appreciate you quantifying your definition of "hard" there. All I can say to that is, we already have something that's pretty damn hard for TT90, and it's called Warsong. XD
    Don't blame ppl for wanting/having the best gear, Pwi introduced it themselves.
    Hey, if you drink the Kool-Aid, you're as much at fault for the results as the one who provided you with the option. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** that, keep 'em easy. I don't wanna sit there for 15 minutes daily just to get my BH done. If they wanna revamp something, revamp something else. Or better yet give us new instances already since the ones we have are down the crapper.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    It has been a common complaint Fuzzy has seen, and agrees with, that our current selection of 100+ Bounty Hunt boss's seems rather limited compared to what is available.

What might you suggest as a new one to go after?

Perhaps a mix of Drake Fling and Relic of Wind as well as just Hauntry Queen in Lunar or tossing Steelation:Doom into the mix might keep things interesting. Maybe even introducing Prince Tanso as a BH boss might be interesting.

Fuzzy is curious to hear peoples thoughts and suggestions.

b:thanks

I wouldn't like it if we got another boss in lunar on a different path, I know I can't truly speak for others, but I think having Drake Fling in the roundup would just cause ppl to refuse to do bhs on lunar bh nights regardless of what boss we get, not to mention drake fling is undoubtedly one of the stronger bosses in game. (I can see many people struggling with this just like many people struggled to complete 3-3, back when it was in the mix.)

So yea... I would prefer not to see 3-3, or Drake fling come up for those reasons listed above. I for one would like to see bh's that people will do with as little complaint as possible.

Possible bosses to add into roundup:
    1. Any number of the other bosses in warsong.

2. I wouldn't mind adding in the last boss in lunar that HAS the same path as Hauntery Queen, maybe more people would absolutely be willing to stack bh hauntery queen + that boss, and be more content with their 'prizes' for a successful run.

I do understand people didn't like how easy things had become, but still, some things are just too hard for your average squad, if people are constantly struggling to complete something then they wil eventually just stop dealing with the bh all together and we will have another dead bh night. I for one do NOT want a 'dead' bh night for who knows how long if for some reason they 'random' for 5 nights straight alternating every once in a while. (Ergo, that's why I do not want Drake Fling into the mix.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Last bosses of normal and Caster Nirvana.
    -Emperor in 3-3.
    -Aurogon in AEU.
    -Some new boss on the main map that can't be soloed and isn't a world boss. Also has multiple spawns and a short respawn timer.

And one last suggestion:

-Make BHes give Jade Dragon Orders for AEU instead of or in addition to Nirvana Keys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To solve the gear problem i suggest make harder and more rewarding bh-s from lvl 100 up to 105. Like now sot and aba isnt that hard so it could be lvl 100 but warsong is a bit harder so it could be 101 or hauntery queen for 101 and primal fear for 102 and on with harder bosses for 103,104,105. So if someone reaches his endgame gear but its not rrrrrrrrrr9 he just stays in his bh range. But to keep things interesting for max lvl players they could take lower bhs too.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As fun as AEU would be, it wouldn't work. You only get 6 jades per week o_o That's going to end up in trouble.

Hmm what I'd like to see is maybe more bosses in warsong. Or the higher TTs. Give people an incentive to run them and get some gold mats on the way. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BH 1
    Collusseast: Doom
    Hauntery Queen/Massaca Seben/Mythical Jarax (randomly chosen)
    Skeleton Legion Marshal
    Lord of Captivation
    Leaf Rain Dryad
    Snakefist/Any other WS Boss (randomly chosen)
    Ghostwing (EU)

BH 2
    Twilight Emperor: Doom
    Primal Fear/Drake Fling/Relic of Wind (in response to Lunar's current BH 1)
    Tigera Legion Marshal
    Snakefist (same as always)
    Skeleton Legion Marshal (same as always)
    Leaf Rain Dryad (same as always)
    Aurogon (AEU)

---
    Maybe Sanzi the Netherlord if they want to add an additional boss who's on the map?

Also, I'd second Eoria's idea for BH (probably BH 1) rewarding Jade Dragon Orders~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add bh bosses that are in nirvana keep the instance alive.At least that instance gives rewards though they aren't worth jack now
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I would really hate to see TT3-3 added to the mix, because a lot of people can't or won't do those. BH is a good way for people from all gear walks to gear up, and a great source of money for people in the mid gear range and I'd like to see that continue. However any of the 2-3 bosses would probably be okay.

Think the PQ boss would indeed be interesting.

Also like to see the last boss in EU added, as that instance is very fun but is sorely lacking in rewards/players running it.

AEU I don't think would be a good choice since it's random. Even if they gave a jade dragon order, it wouldn't necessarily spawn the bosses that you need. Unless they added some way to respawn the bosses using some kind of bh thing that did not take up your 6 a week jade dragon orders. Besides compared to what they used to be, the boxes are cheap enough as is. :P

Did they ever add any other bosses for that missive thing in morai? I haven't been in morai in a long time but it looked like there was originally supposed to be 2 more. Would be interesting if they added them in, and maybe made one of them strong enough to be a BH boss.

Would like to see Holeen added as a BH1, and the 3rd boss in FC added as a BH2 to increase the supply of the stuff from the faithfulness/sincerity chests.

The 5th wave boss in delta.

That's what I can think of atm

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Krixxix. I'm tired and lazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lunar trophy mode bosses b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really hate to see TT3-3 added to the mix, because a lot of people can't or won't do those. BH is a good way for people from all gear walks to gear up, and a great source of money for people in the mid gear range and I'd like to see that continue. However any of the 2-3 bosses would probably be okay.

Could just put it on one of the bosses that are easy as hell like the first four bosses (Coredash/Time boss/Deathflow/Snake) or Minister.
    Think the PQ boss would indeed be interesting.

Doesn't the pq boss only spawn when it gets to that part of the pq? Not really ideal for a BH boss that a bunch of people are going to be doing unless they go throw a copy of it in some instance.

If you're going to have a BH boss on the main map, it needs to spawn in multiple spots and have a short respawn timer. Also preferably not able to be soloed or just put an unpurgeable bramble on it.
    Also like to see the last boss in EU added, as that instance is very fun but is sorely lacking in rewards/players running it.

Eww.
    AEU I don't think would be a good choice since it's random. Even if they gave a jade dragon order, it wouldn't necessarily spawn the bosses that you need. Unless they added some way to respawn the bosses using some kind of bh thing that did not take up your 6 a week jade dragon orders. Besides compared to what they used to be, the boxes are cheap enough as is. :P

Aurogon is always the last boss though. Just have the BH be him and give out an order with the BH.
    Would like to see Holeen added as a BH1, and the 3rd boss in FC added as a BH2 to increase the supply of the stuff from the faithfulness/sincerity chests.

FC would be better suited as a BH for 8x/9x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Could just put it on one of the bosses that are easy as hell like the first four bosses (Coredash/Time boss/Deathflow/Snake) or Minister.

A lot of people will hear TT3-3 and just go eww and not even bother though. v.v

Doesn't the pq boss only spawn when it gets to that part of the pq? Not really ideal for a BH boss that a bunch of people are going to be doing unless they go throw a copy of it in some instance. If you're going to have a BH boss on the main map, it needs to spawn in multiple spots and have a short respawn timer. Also preferably not able to be soloed or just put an unpurgeable bramble on it.

True, fair enough.

Eww.

It's fun! There's a little relay race in the beginning. Nice to get some variety. b:sad
    Aurogon is always the last boss though. Just have the BH be him and give out an order with the BH.

If it's not one of the first bosses, it'd be time consuming. And I used to run with random AEU squads all the time, not a lot of them were capable of doing all of the instances with no problem. Not interested in repeating that experience. b:shutup

FC would be better suited as a BH for 8x/9x.

Eh, I just think it would be nice to increase the number of people doing the full thing. A lot of people in that level range won't do holeen, third boss, etc for the increased exp and already ignore BH in favor of regular fc. Doubt that change just cause a boss that actually requires work was added to that bh. BH100 gives good rewards, and the boxes would add to those rewards. Would possibly make genies cheaper too, okay maybe not that lats part since tons of people just sit on spirit for no reason but a girl can dream!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i sure wouldn't mind seeing a world boss show up in that list. you would have to rework some stuff so that the WB that needs to be killed that day doesn't drop anything horridly valuable so someponies wont be standing there farming it all day because naturally its spawn time will have to be reduced as well. this would make for some really interesting parties. maybe entire guilds helping each other get the boss done.
    (heavy guild DD standing until l all there squishies have all gotten the kill count, rotating in and out of squads of 10 until the entire guild has it. or even guilds helping out other players for that day or something. i don't know. world boss BH just sounds fun.)
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pq2 & 3 bosses
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't the pq boss only spawn when it gets to that part of the pq? Not really ideal for a BH boss that a bunch of people are going to be doing unless they go throw a copy of it in some instance.

true it only spawns after the quests have been finished, but there is not a limit on how many people can take the pq3 quest. with alot of people the whole quest can take less than 10-15 mins max. I can solo it myself upto the boss in an hr or less
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BH
    > PV (end/boss mob )

this would be perfect to add to all BH lvl ranges. each BH range is in a good range for PV also. each instance of PV has a different boss in it.

Perhaps the final boss in Nirvana

TT emp in 3-2 / 3-3 would just be trolling

Different Paths in Lunar would be nice.
  • OutReach_ - Archosaur
    OutReach_ - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ten hearty, squadded souls can take out a WB.

10 O.O pretty sure all of the WBs are soloable to most ppl now x.x, if not duo.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should just give us back the tt 3-3 dogy boss like it used to be before they messed us over and replaced it with lunar.

We use to have no problem with that boss even before the r8 sale.
  • IceKitty - Morai
    IceKitty - Morai Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should just give us back the tt 3-3 dogy boss like it used to be before they messed us over and replaced it with lunar.

+1 that boss was really fun. Lunar one is 90% of time just waste of money you pay for entrance and many people dont even bother doing it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PQ/World bosses is probably a bad idea for a bh boss. Since it will not be tied in with the PQ and event credit system, the kill credit will likely go to the squad for doing the most damage. This means long wait time - getting in line for the kill, OP squads that doesn't want to wait in line will ks, and more grieving. World bosses also drop good items, if it spawns repeatedly for the sake of a bh, there will be groups that will farm chrono pages and shards all day preventing those who needs it for bh to get the kill credit.
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to make lunar more attractive i would suggest to lower the entrance free to 6 essences of nature e.g. and include the other two lunar paths in the bh-pool.

generally i would also like to see an expansion of the warsong bh-pool. there are 5 pavilion bosses available, why limit players just to metal (and fire in bh2)? i would also welcome a reintroduction of bh TT 3-3. and since nirvana is abandoned, maybe pwi could come up with an idea to make nirvana a bit more attractive to the player base. more diversity please, maybe even a bh3! b:thanks
    just a humble self-quote.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • spensen
    spensen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of the above
  • Green_john - Lost City
    Green_john - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best is to making Lunar free, 3mil its too expensive noone want pay

And NV BH could be cool
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TheFire likes Fuzzys idea of adding more BHs for the 100s to do.If nothing eles it would be something different for the same old same old.Dont get me wrong i like a ez Gv wave 2 or Snakefist as much as the next guy but lets add a NV boss or Two, hell yea once a week you HAVE to do PQ3 full for the last boss, Bring back the HH bosses that no one does any more.you can keep the luner in there cuz i dont know about other servers but i can ALWAYS find some one willing to pay 3 mill for a run in there if thay keep the drops and the EoD.Maybe once a month add a full Warsong or full NV to the mix for extra drops and or coins.All im saying is that some thing different or adding MORE then one boss to the bh list would be epic as hell and im all for it.b:victory
  • Garry - Lothranis
    Garry - Lothranis Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lunar free (Make the BH boss the bosses of Lunar Glade, Relic Wind, Drake Fling and Primal Fear)
    BH Nirvana
    BH Endless Universe (Not The AEU )
    BH TT 3-3 (Dark Colluseast, Other bosses can be easly soloed)
    BH Public Quest 2/3
    BH Advanced Endless Universe

OBS about lunar: The EoD don't make the 3m fee fair, the EoD should be 3m just for doing the instance which is a instance with a good amount of mobs with a good amount of hp, and the bosses of lunar glade are not that easy to kill.

So we pay 3m to clear the instance and after all we sell its reward for 3m :3... And all the work to clear ?

Plus we are always afraid of running lunar with any squad members because if it fails we lose the money, 99.9% of the lunar runs are on BH Path and because of BH and plus because its last boss is glitchable.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this idea alot. I would be ok with any new addition but I would prefer bosses in TT 3-3 (Dark Colluseast, Emperor, Minister) and Vanished Ancestor in NV.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the warsong bosses should be rotated for bh... not just snake every time...

lunar bosses should be rotated as well...

basicly all the current 100+ bh bosses should get rotated with other bosses in those dungeons...

To add to those...

YES... The pq3 boss should be added... even though its not a dungeon boss, you still need to jump through all the hoops that any dungeon would force you through to get to that boss...

YES... the nirvana bosses should be rotated... and add to that the 99 keys boss in that rotation...

TT bosses should also be added in rotation...

This would open up all the instances again and give a definite reward through the bh quests themselves...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]