A new BH100 boss might be....

fuzzywuzz
fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
It has been a common complaint Fuzzy has seen, and agrees with, that our current selection of 100+ Bounty Hunt boss's seems rather limited compared to what is available.

What might you suggest as a new one to go after?

Perhaps a mix of Drake Fling and Relic of Wind as well as just Hauntry Queen in Lunar or tossing Steelation:Doom into the mix might keep things interesting. Maybe even introducing Prince Tanso as a BH boss might be interesting.

Fuzzy is curious to hear peoples thoughts and suggestions.

b:thanks
[SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
Sig by NowItsAwn
Post edited by fuzzywuzz on

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mr_Swiss thinks Fuzzy should have put this in the suggestion section lol
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Maybe even introducing Prince Tanso as a BH boss might be interesting.

isn't that the pq3 event? ew ew :p

you know, i'd love to revisit old caves. good old fugma, pole, pirates... would be fun with a character debuff!
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This should be placed in suggestion box.

Also, for the love of god hell no not more chance for lunar bosses.

TT3-3 as BH works fine, maybe even something in a revamped nirvana so that instance isn't useless anymore?
    edited May 2013
    I think a higher lvl Wraithgate might be fun for bh. Turn Nirvi into a bh with decent drops
    edited May 2013
    This should be placed in suggestion box.

Also, for the love of god hell no not more chance for lunar bosses.

TT3-3 as BH works fine, maybe even something in a revamped nirvana so that instance isn't useless anymore?

+1 on 3-3 and Nirvi revamp
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited May 2013
    Not asking for what instances you might imagine need reworked into something new, Fuzzy is just curious which of the currently existing boss's you might prefer to hunt...

yeesh.. does every answer to a question someone asks the community need to come with a "revamp this or that" answer? b:shutup
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wasn't Hauntery Queen a replacement for Emperor: Doom? (One of the 3-3 bosses, not sure it was Emperor.)

All BH bosses are instanced, so that leaves Prince Tanso out of the running. A new boss with armor break, extreme chi drain and bramble but range tankable (since Leaf Rain Dryad and Lord of Captivation really didn't break the PVE spazz epidemic) might be interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not asking for what instances you might imagine need reworked into something new, Fuzzy is just curious which of the currently existing boss's you might prefer to hunt...

yeesh.. does every answer to a question someone asks the community need to come with a "revamp this or that" answer? b:shutup

Uhm, you asked for thoughts and suggestions... These are thoughts and suggestions...
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the dragon boss in AEU would be fun, i would like to see a rotation of the WS bosses or maybe just make the incarcerate the warsong BH boss instead
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love some TT and a re-vamped Nirvi for BH b:dirty
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could always have more bosses from the current instances.

Water/Wood bosses in WS would be good choices (perhaps grouped into a BH1/BH2 combo?).

From Aba and SoT you could bring in the bosses that no one ever does anymore. Haunted Headless in Aba being an example.

As for Lunar, well, I'd definitely support anything that makes Chrom/Unknown tinders cheaper. ;P I also support the Nirvana BH idea.

I have no opinion on TT3-3 BH beyond "it had better be doable with a non-aps non-r9 squad."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited May 2013
    All BH bosses are instanced, so that leaves Prince Tanso out of the running.

He may not be inside an instance but since it is needed to complete the first 5 stages of the PQ to spawn Tanso it would make it interesting to see him added to the list.... panda just saying....

A mix of Warsong boss's that added other pavilions instead of just metal and water might be interesting, as might AEU ones.

The point Fuzzy is trying to make, and is attempting to gather suggestions to bring the the GM's, is that many people complain about the same BH for days in a row or else not wanting to pay for a Lunar. (Although since the addition of EoD's is this complaint even still an issue?)

There are many many boss's available that might make things more interesting that what is currently available. As it stands, you can't tell Fuzzy that Skeleton Legion, Tiger Legion, Leaf Rain, Hauntry, Snakefist, Cannon etc are even a challenge to most any squad. Since that is the case, maybe we need to add a boss or two, while maybe not challenge, take a bit more work to get too. Maybe Illusion in 3-3, or as said Incarcerate in Warsong.

Panda is just looking for ideas that promote the usage of existing boss's where maybe some time and effort just might be involved instead of clear a small handful of mobs and be in and out in less than 10 minutes....
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mhm I do agree tht the TT bh back could be nice. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited May 2013
    Panda is just looking for ideas that promote the usage of existing boss's where maybe some time and effort just might be involved instead of clear a small handful of mobs and be in and out in less than 10 minutes....

with the current gear range the only way to have challenging bhs that are not impossible for low geared players is to have multiple choices for bh, like the morai crazy stone.

so instead of changing the current BHs we can simply add BH EX with better rewards and harder bosses
  • looken
    looken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It has been a common complaint Fuzzy has seen, and agrees with, that our current selection of 100+ Bounty Hunt boss's seems rather limited compared to what is available.

What might you suggest as a new one to go after?

Perhaps a mix of Drake Fling and Relic of Wind as well as just Hauntry Queen in Lunar or tossing Steelation:Doom into the mix might keep things interesting. Maybe even introducing Prince Tanso as a BH boss might be interesting.

Isnt " or tossing Steelation:Doom into the mix" a revamp of some kind since it dosnt exist atm? but anyway the bosses that are closest to entrence like Void in seat would be nice.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, we should have all Lunar paths as BHs. As it stands, they are rarely used outside of farming, and even then it's still rare.

Yes, we should get back to our old TT3-3 BH, which was Colluseast: Doom, along with some other TT BHs. Why not have Emperor too?

Yes, we should have all WS paths as BHs. There's no reason just to have one.

Yes, we should incorporate Nirvana as a BH and have the bosses drop r999/g16 molds.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Current market prices is overloaded with ancient tinders, essense/ring fragment of primal fear which drops from bosses in the hauntery-queen/primal-fear path, making the EOD the only valuable thing in BH Lunar.

My suggestion would be to replace hauntery queen with the lunar 1st valley boss instead. This way, people can freely choose any of the 3 possible path depending on squad composition, drops, puller's prefference. Some squad might choose the drake fling path or the relic of the wind path in order to aim for chromatic or unknown tinders. Other squads will aim for specific wyggie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so instead of changing the current BHs we can simply add BH EX with better rewards and harder bosses
    Unfortunately, that will have the effect of segregating "well geared" players from the more average-geared ones, creating a class distinction between those who are able to do the "real" BHs and those who are not. This in turn would put additional pressure on people with decent, PVE-focused gear to buy broken gears just to keep up.

While I can understand the desire for a challenge, in the end those who equip broken gear have no one to blame but themselves for the lack of said challenges. There's nothing stopping them from banking all their +12 R9S3 gear, buying a bunch of stuff from the NPC, and running Abaddon in it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited May 2013
    Nirvi is nothing but boss's. I say change the drops, make nirvi a bh.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open the fb109 instances and put in new, tougher bosses, and make them bh bosses. Seriously...I want to see what those dungeons are like >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, that will have the effect of segregating "well geared" players from the more average-geared ones, creating a class distinction between those who are able to do the "real" BHs and those who are not.

players are always in classes; whether we call it level or gear is kinda irrelevant. I don't see why it is bad to create separate isntances suitable for each gear level otherwise we could just send everyone to bh29 to avoid separating the playerbase by levels.
    This in turn would put additional pressure on people with decent, PVE-focused gear to buy broken gears just to keep up.

it's still pve so pve focused gear will still work. by demolishing pve farming with NW pve gear is already kinda dead imho. the thing is, bh ex would actually benefit the "middle class" to farm more coins (i'm not saying to create content that is ultra hard for r9rr+12 but something ultra hard for tt90 yet doable for g15/6+3 is a good idea)
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Up the ante on BH100: World Bosses.

Would require a faster respawn for the boss(es) selected but what a great challenge for the upper levels! It would force more squad interaction, 'cause WB isn't going down with a mediocre squad.

With the increased challenge should come increased reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so.... add a bh that only 6 ppl will be able to do?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prince tanso b:shutup. I have no issue with having the boss as a bh boss. Issue arises when 2 or more groups show up for the prince, and the current group is inadequate to kill the boss but they did the heavy lifting. I can leave my bm on a triple spark macro and the boss dies in 10 minutes, even with good dd, boss takes 3~5 minutes.

Having a non-instance boss as a bh boss would cause lots of problems. Forming squads being one of them, lunar is bad enough to create squads, pq3 be next to impossible.

The last thing you want is that squishy r9 r3 sin taking agro and dying before the boss dies. People ksing the boss when your group did the work. People parking characters by the boss, and only attack the boss when he spawns. A % based damage won't work, simply because i only need to show up once the boss spawns, hit the boss once, or keep agro and **** over the squad that did the work.

How ever if after stage 2 an npc spawns that will spawn the boss, that is fine. Provided the new boss does not give you crystals. Otherwise people would spam the new boss to get the chest reward.

TT 3-3 hard bosses would be fun. It will also help people farming their gold mats.

Vile drake fling = good boss as well.
  • Lluan - Heavens Tear
    Lluan - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, that will have the effect of segregating "well geared" players from the more average-geared ones, creating a class distinction between those who are able to do the "real" BHs and those who are not. This in turn would put additional pressure on people with decent, PVE-focused gear to buy broken gears just to keep up.

While I can understand the desire for a challenge, in the end those who equip broken gear have no one to blame but themselves for the lack of said challenges. There's nothing stopping them from banking all their +12 R9S3 gear, buying a bunch of stuff from the NPC, and running Abaddon in it. :P

I thought bh was pve focused?
    Don't blame ppl for wanting/having the best gear, Pwi introduced it themselves.

Ontopic:

I wouldn't mind a BH - EX option. Could be diff bosses in diff instances for 1 reward, be it TT/Lunar/Rewamped Nirvana. Just something different than what it is now.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last boss in nirvana. We are running out of amber shards... reactivating this source would be nice - full frost is also dead because they nerfed the exp of the dragons and we even can't get amber gems in common packs :(

Water/wood bosses in warsong are too op. Same for other bosses in lunar.
    We had once shadowskull lich in arsong for BH2, which was a proper one.

I don't want to see a HH boss for BH. Leave HH bosses for farmer/F2P gamers. Overfarming HH mats wouldn't be good for economy.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    so.... add a bh that only 6 ppl will be able to do?

Ten hearty, squadded souls can take out a WB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    BH Old FC Holleen, anyone? =p
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    BH Old FC Holleen, anyone? =p

Selling FC heads and Holleen for 1 mill. pm me for a spot.

[ACK!] :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Selling FC heads and Holleen for 1 mill. pm me for a spot.

[ACK!] :)

I don't remember heads in Old FC. Also, buying FC heads at 100+? Ew ;-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]