Farmer Alt for Wizard

princespectre
princespectre Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Wizard
What's the best alternative class for a Wizard? I find it hard to gear up my Wizard. And I bet, other wizards there has one(farmer) too. Thanks in advance for your insights. b:victory
Post edited by princespectre on

Comments

• Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it depends on how much money you have.

for exemple...

if you hav alot of money go for sin as farming too. sins are squishy so u would need to have his gear to at least +7 and weap +10 to be efective.
    with ur sin you could solo bhs, tt, world bosses, card bosses...i dont even know what is worth farming in pwi anymore as i dont farm atm.

if u have medium funds...go for a barb. you will be dependent on a squad but ppl like barbs in fws, deltas lunars etc
    same you could do on a seeker.

if u have low funds then go for cleric as u can use some wiz gear on it and they are requested in party for lunar ws delta...

keep in mind to get a good guild for op faction base buffs.

i hope this helps a bit.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, with NW you can get some decent coins too. depends on your current build ofc but instead of gearing one more toon you can actually put the money on wiz.

pre-100 it's kinda hard but that's true for any class
    you only purge once #yopo
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out of barb, BM, Sin, i doubt it matters all that much and you can choose the one you like most. Since you are a respectable wizzard, thats probably not the sin ;) They each can APS solo farm ball those things spell-caster said a sin can do.

Building the APS farmer will cost you about half a billion coin though. So its only gonna be worth it if you farm a lot.... Cheaper ways to increase your income could be to make some extra level 100 chars equiped in morai gear (costing like 50 - 100m each for the skills and some basic equips) and use those to do more BHs and cubes each day.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As asked by the others, what type of budget are you considering for this?

If you can put like a bil in, a sin will be the most effective. If you're looking to spend in the 100m range your options will be significantly more limited.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear
    SweetAnthrax - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless you're wearing rank gear go for a Cleric. Minimal expenses with skills and you can share gear with your Wizard through account stash.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spend all your time and effort playing on your main. The days of a farming alt are largely over- even more so if your a new player.

Most of the things still worth farming can be farmed by anyclass. Herbs, cards for cardbosses, book pages and misc stuff from delta, cube, lunar, and even pbq3 if they ever fix it.

The only thing left to farm with an alt if perhaps high end tt but it would require such an investment that it is probably not worth it if made at this point in the game.

Every wizard should have an alt cleric though for buffs if nothing else-make sure it is on your second account.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sin for farmer? -You'd have to invest so much into it that it wouldn't be worth it.
    Unless you're wearing rank gear go for a Cleric. Minimal expenses with skills and you can share gear with your Wizard through account stash.

I have both a cleric and mystic on the same acct sharing equips.

The good Mystic skills are cheaper than good cleric skills
    Mystic uses far less MP pots in general
    Mystic is far better / more efficient at soloing
    Mystic is far better at dd'ing and tanking and is comparable at healing

The one problem I noticed right of the bat though was that the skill/ ability of gamer was not taken into account at all here. Most of the clerics on HT shouldn't be playing that class for example (chromaspamming vit pve'ers ).

I honestly can't see why anyone would use a farmer for a wiz. Wiz sucks as farmer, as pve and isn't my choice for NW / pve / we. I didn't make a farmer for my wiz: I made a better class that could share it's equips.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    I honestly can't see why anyone would use a farmer for a wiz. Wiz sucks as farmer, as pve and isn't my choice for NW / pve / we. I didn't make a farmer for my wiz: I made a better class that could share it's equips.

So you not play Wizard, you play Mystic ?

If any "alt" (of Wizard) which you play most time become main, then Wizard is not your main class.
  • princespectre
    princespectre Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate it. I'm planning to have a cleric on my side, not only for farming, but also for assistance, I die a lot :3

Kudos to my fellow wizards b:thanks