Shelved mystic a year ago, room for it today?

Options
Caydon - Heavens Tear
Caydon - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Mystic
Shelved my mystic for a year, and now realise that I really miss playing Mystics. I was wondering whether there's still room for mystics in the 80-90 level range in game? Or is everyone at end game?
Cleric (shelved), barb (shelved), BM (shelved), mystic, veno.

Mystic or veno, mystic or veno?
Post edited by Caydon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    plenty of room there, everyone is at endgame so you got the non-endgame world all for yourself.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Speaking for Sanc, I guess mystics have become a little less "mystical". At least I don't feel like I'm getting rejected anymore because I'm a class only a few know about. There's still a good amount of jerks and downright terrible mystics around, but if you're good and having fun, go ahead.

My mystic is my main and with all her skills, my faction invites me to tag along for anything. Mystics an awesome class. You can help healing, your damage buff is awesome and rez buff can save a squad easily. I don't see a reason why someone wouldn't want a skilled mystic around. ^^

Watch as SweetieBot names "mystic" as my most used word soon XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There was a random wc yesterday for 'need more for SOT' and I got in as my veno. When I teleported in the place was empty, but I could see the leader in the map up ahead.

The leader was a mystic and the cave was cleared to the boss. The mystic said she was bored so just cleared the cave rather than go through the pain of getting in a squad.

I asked how long it took and s/he said, 'Oh about 1/2hr I think."

I was pretty darn impressed tbh. I checked his/her gear and it was nice but not r9 epic or anything.....makes me think I also should start learning my mystic again.....
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    At that level you should be able to get work as a healer. Clerics are rare at lower levels but mystic healing is good enough for BH79. Solo healing FCC is doable also although you get a lot of terrible hyper babies who don't know their limts and blame you when they die.
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I shelved my Mystic for eight months at level 90 before coming back to it. There are so many things you can do on a Mystic that you won't be able to do on another arcane class like a Wizard (my previous main). In a PVE environment, Mystic is the best arcane class due to quick heals, pet buffs, plant AOE heals, plant AOE debuffs. Trust me, you have nothing to lose by going back to your Mystic. Have fun gaming!
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There are already many crappy mystics. When I take one on in a squad: I expect a certain amount of skill from them. Stick with wiz, or psy if you have to ask the question that's in the title of the thread.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm making me a HA mystic because I'm bored,but before that I had two mystic toons one has been deleted and one is now a store.Made it female since the males just look to wussyfied.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • revkhawlah
    revkhawlah Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    b:cry Is fking tired of ''mystakes'' ruining my squads...

Go roll an archer or psy instead. If you have absolutely no idea how to cycle your buffs and debuffs ( i consider this one of a myst's breaking points) don't go back to being a myst. You will be overwriting a lot of better debuffs than your's when you don't know what you're doing
  • missrosa99
    missrosa99 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    From one Retired Mystic to one Hopeful Mystic I'm going to be honest with you. It depends on : -

1. How well YOU play your mystic - They are absolutely awesome in terms of solo playing but if you're gonna squad with people you better know what you're doing or suppose to do.

2. How well other players KNOW and LIKE you - There is generally still a great amount of skeptical people out there so players who have ran with you and know how well you play won't mind taking you along. Even your guild mates are going to ignore or pm each other under low when you're on if they don't feel like taking you along. Sure you'd be pretty liked for FCs as a healer and the low levels will adore you to solo their ****.

and Finally

3. Depends on the number of A-holes on your server for example Exhibit A the post above mine - We debuff it's a part of what we're suppose to do if you're gonna USE a skill with a higher Debuff than mine just TELL ME so I Lysing my plant before you do. But I guess they think we're the **** children of Psychics we could read minds.
    Like wise I suppose as Healers we could equally gripe about all the other stupid classes that grab aggro off the tank in similar light and say roll a Barb, seeker or Bm.

Like I said I'm retired I got tired of dealing with 2 and 3 on a daily basis. But good luck to you =)
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Its a class where you have to do your homework or you won't reach your full potential. Unlike most other class, you have choices you have to make. Learn from yourself, which includes faults mistakes, or learn from others by reading tips from the forum.

Learning from yourself mean you have to endure the mistakes you make along the way or compensate those mistakes some other ways such as paying more for your gears. I skimed through the tips so I spent more then necessary on my gears to do well enough for arcane nirvana before I learned enough.

Now, I can do more then what the average mystic can do, but still, after enough time on my mystic, I'm still impress with what others can do in game and on the forum.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    So far I'm enjoying my mystic HA wise can also switch to arcane as well if desired.At lvl 95 with tt80 HA gold on I get over 16k physical defense with bm,cleric,and she'll on,can't wait to throw on stage3 HA because I get like over 11k unbuffed .Though magic is a little weak unless buffed I'm just using the gold ff glaive aqua dash for now,our plants and pets help make up for lost damage.

Also what is great about mystic is there is more to do skill wise so it keeps me interested.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Shelved my mystic for a year, and now realise that I really miss playing Mystics. I was wondering whether there's still room for mystics in the 80-90 level range in game? Or is everyone at end game?

Mystics literally have it all: Damage, support, tankiness, and heals. As far as 80-90 goes, everyone does FC, and mystics are decently wanted for FC because clerics are rare at low lvls.

I'm also being serious about the damage part. Our single target dps is higher than any other caster class when it comes to PVE, and our aoe is comparable to wizards. We fall behind APS sins, but then again, everyone falls behind them.

They're also a great solo class once you get some decent gears. I'm not even R9 recast or +12 and i'm pretty sure I can solo every instance short of, perhaps, full Lunar (though not all of them are worth the time/effort).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'm not even R9 recast or +12 and i'm pretty sure I can solo every instance short of, perhaps, full Lunar (though not all of them are worth the time/effort).

Pretty sure full warsong is much harder than full lunar. Lunar is pretty easy to solo on mystic - at least the bh path is.
    Mystics literally have it all: Damage, support, tankiness, and heals. As far as 80-90 goes, everyone does FC, and mystics are decently wanted for FC because clerics are rare at low lvls.

FFC is more frustrating as a cleric. I did ffc to level my mystic, but stayed out of it on cleric after a couple runs. Too many stupid bms and such expect you to read their minds as cleric. (lack of clerics running ffc doesn't mean they're rare)