Crashing People

Options
Love - Lothranis
Love - Lothranis Posts: 33 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Quality Corner
So I linked my veno's herc (egg form) to someone and every time it crashes them and I tested it with an alt , on a lower end computer , and got crashed every time. This is what it shows (if you are on a higher end computer) I dragged it to the right for about 5 minutes and it was still going , so I stopped.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o6lkxl&s=5

Fix please
Post edited by Love - Lothranis on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Make a post in the Quality Corner following the posted guidelines.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    wow thats crazy lol. be a interesting way to get wc ad spammers and pervs off wc b:chuckle
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Crash me and I wreck you kid.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    wow thats crazy lol. be a interesting way to get wc ad spammers and pervs off wc b:chuckle
    Sanctuary server beware b:chuckle

I may have to try this tonight when i get home if Squirreled is on. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Love - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    Options
    only during nation wars zan :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm gonna move this to quality corner, as that sounds like a pretty bad bug. Could you please edit your first post to include more information about the steps to duplicate this bug?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    only during nation wars zan :)

I go uncharmed and don't use pots anyway, I can't be bothered going up against Absolve squads and wasting 800k of a charm for 0 profit. No sankjoo
  • Love - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm gonna move this to quality corner, as that sounds like a pretty bad bug. Could you please edit your first post to include more information about the steps to duplicate this bug?

Not sure. All I had to do was link it , and if they click on it , they either crash (low end computer) or see the chinese text.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Not sure. All I had to do was link it , and if they click on it , they either crash (low end computer) or see the chinese text.

hehe, reminds me of a yahoo chat bug years ago. all you had to do is put in a specific alt +4 number ascii code and send it into chat and it would crash all people logged into yahoo chat threw the web based java app. I think it had to do with the parser in the app itself as yahoos chat program and 3rd party chat apps did not have a problem with it. It was fixed later one, but was pretty comical while it lasted b:chuckle
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    What's all that sloppy red stuff on the screen shot for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    edited May 2013
    Options
    What's all that sloppy red stuff on the screen shot for?

Yeah been easier just to crop it out with mspaint b:victory
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I go uncharmed and don't use pots anyway, I can't be bothered going up against Absolve squads and wasting 800k of a charm for 0 profit. No sankjoo

Interesting... f:hehe
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Interesting... f:hehe

Why's that? Since the merge the amount of tokens received has been effectively halved, with SoWs and 2.5m and Cannies at 5-10k, Raps at 30-38k, I see no point in killing 600k+ on a charm for an average of 70 tokens since I tend to wind up in nations with maybe three other R9r3s aside from myself. If you're going to try to do something, pick something other than being witty, because intelligence doesn't seem to be your strong suit. My charms and pots tend to be better used in PvE, where as of months before the merge makes more money per resources used than NW. 200k max of a charm and 60 HP pots for 2-20m in 40 minutes? Seems like a much better deal in my opinion. b:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I tried on HL with my herc and everything is fine, no chinese text no crash. could it be just on some servers?? That's weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Someone just reported that an armored bear egg is crashing his catshop, so it isn't just herc eggs, but any evolvable pet egg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It looks like we got some data of the upcoming pet upgrade into our game files from the patches.

Considering Bella's post, I wonder if it has anything to do with said pets being under lvl100. The hercules in the screenshot was under lvl100 and unless the armored bear was leveled up, it should be under lvl100 as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It looks like we got some data of the upcoming pet upgrade into our game files from the patches.

Considering Bella's post, I wonder if it has anything to do with said pets being under lvl100. The hercules in the screenshot was under lvl100 and unless the armored bear was leveled up, it should be under lvl100 as well.

My herc and nix are lvl 100, I did check with armored bear and other pets not lvl 100 and none of them made crash and none of them have the Chinese message.

So yea that's weird cause it don't affect everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My herc and nix are lvl 100, I did check with armored bear and other pets not lvl 100 and none of them made crash and none of them have the Chinese message.

So yea that's weird cause it don't affect everyone.

I checked with my pets and I found out some of the people in the faction could see it, me included, but some others couldn't. Must be related to the client o_o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★