Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you were the BM, just one shot the noob if he isn't helping then.. besides, a noob hitting a barb using beastial rage gives him tons of chi, it would help the barb to have noob(s) hitting him (presumably you should be complaining about that too.. no double standards :P)

While that is correct, big woop it gives them more chi, they still have the cooldowns on their regular skills that allow them to tank 10+ people at a time. + they can still be stunlocked/prevented from running away/even using their skills, whereas the purify proc gives casters time for things to cooldown, and even the ability to run away a lot easier than most other classes that should be able to do it long before any caster.)

EDit: Even if this part is off topic, there is a reason why the same people, and occassionally a new one here and there is chiming in on this topic.

It's rather simple if you can think about it the way I do. :$ Each person beleieves that their view will be what makes or breaks each persons opinion REGARDLESS of what side they are on, both have reitereated, washed out what they said, and recycled, what they/others have said in an attempt to make sure it either happens, or does not happen. (Depending on which side you are on) Ultimately we hope that our post will be the deciding factor (that the devs use) when it comes down to whether or not the skill either gets modified, (my vote) removed, or stays as is, or even if something gets implemented where it doesn't have a 'direct' nerf.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I feel like this needs to be pointed out since it goes directly to the argument at hand.

Last night in NW I got in an instance with FaceRoll (r9r3 wizard whose gear is better than mine) I was with 20 people, most of whom are not r9, let alone r9r3. I got the flag the first time and though there were some people who were dealing with him effectively (IE clerics using the long *** sleep on him) there were sins apsing him and casters with tt99 weapons attacking. Though he didn't kill me, in large part due to the fact that I had a cleric purifying me every time he tried to spark, and my own purify spell, FaceRoll managed to wipe a hell of a lot of people out. I said several times in battle chat NOT to attack but people persisted. It got to the point that finally I and a cleric were individually pming the people who were attacking to stop. While it was inconvenient, once we were able to get people to sleep him/use a control skill and stop attacking, he was a non issue. While I'm not even sure if he died the whole time, and did manage to get a flag delivery due to some derps, we won the instance. The second time we got flag FaceRoll couldn't get anywhere near it because he was kept controlled, rather than accelerated and purified throughout the instance

While it certainly highlighted the fact that PS is overpowered, it more highlighted the fact that it can be circumvented. It only becomes overpowered when people think they're going to be the hero with tt99 weapons dealing 300 damage a shot. It just means people need to adjust to a different way of fighting people. The same applies to dealing with a Psy with souls up or a wizard with arcane defense on not being a good target for apsing. They're killable, it just forces you to come up with a new method of dealing with it.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I feel like this needs to be pointed out since it goes directly to the argument at hand.

Last night in NW I got in an instance with FaceRoll (r9r3 wizard whose gear is better than mine) I was with 20 people, most of whom are not r9, let alone r9r3. I got the flag the first time and though there were some people who were dealing with him effectively (IE clerics using the long *** sleep on him) there were sins apsing him and casters with tt99 weapons attacking. Though he didn't kill me, in large part due to the fact that I had a cleric purifying me every time he tried to spark, and my own purify spell, FaceRoll managed to wipe a hell of a lot of people out. I said several times in battle chat NOT to attack but people persisted. It got to the point that finally I and a cleric were individually pming the people who were attacking to stop. While it was inconvenient, once we were able to get people to sleep him/use a control skill and stop attacking, he was a non issue. While I'm not even sure if he died the whole time, and did manage to get a flag delivery due to some derps, we won the instance. The second time we got flag FaceRoll couldn't get anywhere near it because he was kept controlled, rather than accelerated and purified throughout the instance

While it certainly highlighted the fact that PS is overpowered, it more highlighted the fact that it can be circumvented. It only becomes overpowered when people think they're going to be the hero with tt99 weapons dealing 300 damage a shot. It just means people need to adjust to a different way of fighting people. The same applies to dealing with a Psy with souls up or a wizard with arcane defense on not being a good target for apsing. They're killable, it just forces you to come up with a new method of dealing with it.

The fact that it takes that much coordination to actually subdue one person, not a whole squad, but one person speaks volumes about how something should be done about the proc. Throwing an army at them and having to involve that many people just to keep them out of the fight, not kill them but just keep them out, is a bit... unbalanced.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The fact that it takes that much coordination to actually subdue one person, not a whole squad, but one person speaks volumes about how something should be done about the proc. Throwing an army at them and having to involve that many people just to keep them out of the fight, not kill them but just keep them out, is a bit... unbalanced.

You know what else is unbalanced? An end game barb vs 100 level 30s, 100 people should definitely be able to kill 1 person.. obviously a barb's high hp should be nerfed cuz it doesn't matter how long they try, the barb will never go down. Oh wait, we totally forgot to take into account the gear/skill of the people.. numbers of people alone is meaningless. I can guarantee you a single equally geared sin/bm could have locked up faceroll for an entire war.. doing the same job that required a squad or two of noobs.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    You know what else is unbalanced? An end game barb vs 100 level 30s, 100 people should definitely be able to kill 1 person.. obviously a barb's high hp should be nerfed cuz it doesn't matter how long they try, the barb will never go down. Oh wait, we totally forgot to take into account the gear/skill of the people.. numbers of people alone is meaningless. I can guarantee you a single equally geared sin/bm could have locked up faceroll for an entire war.. doing the same job that required a squad or two of noobs.

A level 30 they don't exactly have, well, anything. Short stuns, no ability to lock. Assuming people are actually at a decent level to PvP (80+ or so) and have their skills leveled they'll be able to effectively lock down a higher geared target if there are enough of them and have enough damage to actually kill the target. Level 30s are nonfactor in about every way, you're taking the situation to its extreme to suit your own needs. 10 level 100s vs R9r3 caster is not an extreme, it's a common situation in NW, and in open world PvP multiple lower geared people can come and try to kill the very same arcane. Try to stick to situations that are actually relevant.

In any case, that single BM/Sin might have pulled that off... you know, until he Badged out, Fortified to beak the lock and lept away, or got Purify proc'd and ran away to start blasting people with spells.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only coordination needed on the part of the other people in that war was basically not hitting the r9rr mage while it was slept. That...doesn't take much coordination beyond telling people to not hit them and them complying. I would do the same **** to any decked out r9rr regardless of class in that sort of instance and circumstances. o.o;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only coordination needed on the part of the other people in that war was basically not hitting the r9rr mage while it was slept. That...doesn't take much coordination beyond telling people to not hit them and them complying. I would do the same **** to any decked out r9rr regardless of class in that sort of instance and circumstances. o.o;;

1) Sleep target

2) Call every Psy in the war

3) DoT spell on the slept target

4) ????

5) Ponies
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've only actually seen this once, and that was when LuciferV tripled and landed every DoT including Telekinesis on an R9 Barb. Even AD couldn't save it... I'd like to see that actually happen, though, because given NW, many idiots would break any sleep and thus purify the target.

Everyone can argue that the reason R9S3 arcanes would die more quickly if there weren't any noobs attacking, but the truth is, those noobs are part of the overall environment. No one blames the salt in the ocean for helping to corrode nails - this is because we'll never be able to totally eliminate the salt. We can't say "This wouldn't be a problem if the situation wasn't like this" because the situation will always be like this.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The difference, and the main issue here, is this:

18 people (even if most are only tt99/r8/whatever) failed to kill one r9r3 wizard. I am willing to bet any non-caster class except maybe a barb that's in equal gear would have been slaughtered by those 18 people. Why? Because they can't do ****, because they're constantly being CC'd, and they can't run away at 15m/s essentially permanently while being attacked.

I don't know when the last time you were fighting 20 people with one r9r3 toon that didn't have purify proc was, but trust me, you can't do ****. You might be able to pop an antistun if you are, say, an archer, but you will still most likely die. You can't permanently kite everyone, have all debuffs constantly purified, and roll those 20 people. If nothing else the damage alone will kill you because, again, you don't have what basically amounts to permanent antistun & 15m/s movement speed.

If you're being hit by 20 people @ an average of 1aps, you're taking 20 hits a second. An r9r3+12 JOSD can survive that from tt99's and such for a few seconds, taking an average of perhaps 10k dps. After that, they're dead. Someone who manages to pop an antistun before they get completely locked down might be able to take out quite a few or even all of the attackers, but that takes foresight and ability. Otherwise: A bm would die. A sin would die. An archer would die. A seeker would probably die. A barb might survive, but their class is designed to do that sort of tanking.

A caster, on the other hand, doesn't have to do anything. They get hit by 20aps and purify is proccing more than once a second. No debuffs stay for any sufficient length of time, they can't be stunned or immobilized anyway, and they can run away at 15 m/s, hit a person or two, and keep running away at 15 m/s. They don't die from the large amount of incoming damage, because although they (like the melee classes) could only tank it for a few seconds if they just sat there, it is impossible for them to be impaired from running away from it.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    The difference, and the main issue here, is this:

18 people (even if most are only tt99/r8/whatever) failed to kill one r9r3 wizard. I am willing to bet any non-caster class except maybe a barb that's in equal gear would have been slaughtered by those 18 people. Why? Because they can't do ****, because they're constantly being CC'd, and they can't run away at 15m/s essentially permanently while being attacked.

I don't know when the last time you were fighting 20 people with one r9r3 toon that didn't have purify proc was, but trust me, you can't do ****. You might be able to pop an antistun if you are, say, an archer, but you will still most likely die. You can't permanently kite everyone, have all debuffs constantly purified, and roll those 20 people. If nothing else the damage alone will kill you because, again, you don't have what basically amounts to permanent antistun & 15m/s movement speed.

If you're being hit by 20 people @ an average of 1aps, you're taking 20 hits a second. An r9r3+12 JOSD can survive that from tt99's and such for a few seconds, taking an average of perhaps 10k dps. After that, they're dead. Someone who manages to pop an antistun before they get completely locked down might be able to take out quite a few or even all of the attackers, but that takes foresight and ability. Otherwise: A bm would die. A sin would die. An archer would die. A seeker would probably die. A barb might survive, but their class is designed to do that sort of tanking.

A caster, on the other hand, doesn't have to do anything. They get hit by 20aps and purify is proccing more than once a second. No debuffs stay for any sufficient length of time, they can't be stunned or immobilized anyway, and they can run away at 15 m/s, hit a person or two, and keep running away at 15 m/s. They don't die from the large amount of incoming damage, because although they (like the melee classes) could only tank it for a few seconds if they just sat there, it is impossible for them to be impaired from running away from it.

Already gone over this earlier in this thread. *yawn*
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Already gone over this earlier in this thread. *yawn*

And failed to properly address the point in any meaningful manner.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stun dragon don't work no more QQ bm QQ
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And yet with alittle searching you can find videos of boogie (archer) pawning entire Nw instances of noobs too.

Almost every nw on dreamweaver I have seen atleast one really op barb that I can't kill even with ten noobs helping me. The last nw tome and r93 ring is about the only thing left that will give me any more stronger attack.

On dreamweaver op peeps like merangulus for instance pawn entire handfuls of noobs. So do sins like Goredawn. Or bms like achmed....Or seekers like iceblade Anytime someone has max gears, it pretty much means they can sit there with 10 noobs hitting them and not pay attention while they pick them off one by one. The really op arcanes aren't really any different. Technically if you cash shoped my toon- be prepaired to spend a couple thousand, but it takes multiple of me to kill one of those I mentioned above.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    And failed to properly address the point in any meaningful manner.

Your exact arguments have already been given and responded to earlier in this thread.. if you are curious what someone has to say about it, read the thread.. I'm not going to do it for you.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Exactly, why deal with any toon who can rampage through the instance killing most of the people multiple times and make it last 5 minutes longer for only a tiny bit more contribution when we could just sleep him and finish it in 4?
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GoF has negligible cost and no cd, SB has no cost or cd, soul of silence has no cost or cd.. what are you smoking?

GoF has an effective cooldown, which is the span of time between my individual attacks.

Purify Spell can be given 20+ chances to proc in less than a second.

Purify spell because of this, is the only effect in the game with no cost or effective cooldown.

It is also the only proc which punishes people for the actions of others.

If a sin "herp derp APSd" on me, the damage though low would assist you if we were fighting and provide me no benefit.

Each individual that joins the fight makes this more obvious and problematic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Your exact arguments have already been given and responded to earlier in this thread.. if you are curious what someone has to say about it, read the thread.. I'm not going to do it for you.

I've read this entire thread.
    You haven't made any legitimate argument against it other than pretty much, "nuh uh! Ur wrong, people could totally kill them all you just suck" and "well, doesn't matter cuz they're badly geared so they don't count".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Victory_V - Lost City
    Victory_V - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GoF has an effective cooldown, which is the span of time between my individual attacks.

Purify spell because of this, is the only effect in the game with no cost or effective cooldown.

If a sin "herp derp APSd" on me, the damage though low would assist you if we were fighting and provide me no benefit.

You like only person that know what they talking about
    Also I wish I could talk about private sever on here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013

Oh boy, my turn. Purify is the only proc which relies on an opponent to set off. If you aren't getting attacked, you receive no benefit from it. It literally has a 0% chance to proc if nobody hits you. It also gains almost no advantage from proc'ing back to back (like GoF does), and is the only proc that is not offensive. It is also the only proc that requires armor refines to be effective, and is absolutely useless during immune duration. I could go on and on doing the exact same thing you are doing, which is describing how the proc works in a very one-sided/misleading way that takes no other aspects of the game into account.. but I think I've made my point.

It sounds like the only argument for purify being OP are that it makes casters better at killing noobs (which they've always been anyway.. range + aoes alone secures that role.. purify just makes it easier). That is not a balance issue, just a difference in the classes (much like some classes are ranged, some are melee). Am I missing anything?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh boy, my turn. Purify is the only proc which relies on an opponent to set off. If you aren't getting attacked, you receive no benefit from it. It literally has a 0% chance to proc if nobody hits you. It also gains almost no advantage from proc'ing back to back (like GoF does), and is the only proc that is not offensive. It is also the only proc that requires armor refines to be effective, and is absolutely useless during immune duration. I could go on and on doing the exact same thing you are doing, which is describing how the proc works in a very one-sided/misleading way that takes no other aspects of the game into account.. but I think I've made my point.

It sounds like the only argument for purify being OP are that it makes casters better at killing noobs (which they've always been anyway.. range + aoes alone secures that role.. purify just makes it easier). That is not a balance issue, just a difference in the classes (much like some classes are ranged, some are melee). Am I missing anything?

Nope. That's about it.

Well, Infinite is also considered a defensive proc like Purify, but...lets be real, it's nowhere near as useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    That is a description of the proc and all are true, but what I said was not specific to weapon procs.
    I said it was the only effect period in the entire game with no effective cooldown or cost.

Adroit blows off our arguments by setting up a pathos oriented strawman, asserting that the proc hasn't changed gameplay because casters could always take on swarms of lesser geared players and furthermore that their continuous proc'ing of it either doesn't affect his equal geared opponents, should not be taken into consideration, or that it is perfectly fair for the majority to have a dependency on non-action from their peers.

He argues this in spite of the fact that the converse is not true, so almost all actions made by anyone with lesser damage are a benefit to those with purify proc whether they be attacking or assisting.

I can site his actual videos and point out a dozen instances where purify spell allows him to survive what no class without it could not. I challenge him to prove me wrong and record for us a video if him doing even similarly well with a g16nv weapon.

What Adroit is doing if fallacious reasoning, by limiting the spectrum asserting things not being taken into account and allowing lively debate within that spectrum but loudly shutting down anything outside it, you control an argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    That is a description of the proc and all are true, but what I said was not specific to weapon procs.
    I said it was the only effect period in the entire game with no effective cooldown or cost.

Adroit blows off our arguments by setting up a pathos oriented strawman, asserting that the proc hasn't changed gameplay because casters could always take on swarms of lesser geared players and furthermore that their continuous proc'ing of it either doesn't affect his equal geared opponents, should not be taken into consideration, or that it is perfectly fair for the majority to have a dependency on non-action from their peers.

He argues this in spite of the fact that the converse is not true, so almost all actions made by anyone with lesser damage are a benefit to those with purify proc whether they be attacking or assisting.

I can site his actual videos and point out a dozen instances where purify spell allows him to survive what no class without it could not. I challenge him to prove me wrong and record for us a video if him doing even similarly well with a g16nv weapon.

What Adroit is doing if fallacious reasoning, by limiting the spectrum asserting things not being taken into account and allowing lively debate within that spectrum but loudly shutting down anything outside it, you control an argument.

Wrong. Speaking of strawman arguments.. your entire argument in that post is a textbook strawman argument.. oh, the irony.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Wrong. Speaking of strawman arguments.. your entire argument in that post is a textbook strawman argument.. oh, the irony.

I'm referring in my post, to the second paragraph of the excerpt quoted.
    Do you believe that without purify proc you could perform anywhere even close to how you do now in 1 vs large groups?

You didn't address anything that I said.

Why don't we have this conversation in vent, or forum PMs.
    I'll hear out your arguments, you can listen to mine, and we can discuss it without a dozen interlopers on both sides speaking complete nonsense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    I'm referring in my post, to the second paragraph of the excerpt quoted.
    Do you believe that without purify proc you could perform anywhere even close to how you do now in 1 vs large groups?

You didn't quote anything, but I'm fairly sure I know what you are talking about. My statement still stands, I have never asserted that proc hasn't changed gameplay (who in their right mind would say something as obviously wrong as that?)

And as to your question about how I think I'd do vs large groups.. it would totally depend on the situation. Purify is certainly extremely useful, and imo necessary to balance r9rr pvp. All the whining comes from the "collateral damage" if you will when undergeared people go against r9rr casters and expect to put up a fight (mainly in NW). Purify makes casters even better noob killing machines, and again I don't see that as a problem.

edit to your edit: If I've already pointed out a major issue with an argument (generally fallacious.. especially built on assumptions that are wrong), there is nothing left for me to address. If you want to talk about it in vent or something that's fine, might save some time, but that'll have to wait for another day. I have school all day tomorrow (and doing a lot of hw).. I go on forums whenever I need a quick break. I really don't think I have anything left to say tbh though, I've addressed every argument I could find several times now, and speaking rather than typing the arguments is unlikely to make them more convincing to either side.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please tell me that you understand that kiting and charm ticks can save someone's life.

So can a Break in the Clouds, or simple Falling Petals buff, or a piece of crab, but that has what to do with a purify proc on a Magic Weapon??

Idk, maybe you take damage and proc a purify and suddenly you are all healed, but my char has never worked that way, lol. There has to be a heal involved somehow, or no one is healing. The proc wont heal anyone, just free them.

You do know you have to be half dead for your charm to tick, right? When's the last time an undergeared noob made an R9T3+12 JosD half dead?

Sorry, I missed this edit last night, Venus. *shrugs*
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    So can a Break in the Clouds, or simple Falling Petals buff, or a piece of crab, but that has what to do with a purify proc on a Magic Weapon??

Idk, maybe you take damage and proc a purify and suddenly you are all healed, but my char has never worked that way, lol. There has to be a heal involved somehow, or no one is healing. The proc wont heal anyone, just free them.

You do know you have to be half dead for your charm to tick, right? When's the last time an undergeared noob made an R9T3+12 JosD half dead?

Sorry, I missed this edit last night, Venus. *shrugs*

I'd like to quote myself from earlier.
    I believe I said something to the effect of, "You're so unbelievably inept, that even if a mod sited me for flaming because it was against ToS, they would still silently agree with me in regard to your stupidity."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to quote myself from earlier.
    I believe I said something to the effect of, "You're so unbelievably inept, that even if a mod sited me for flaming because it was against ToS, they would still silently agree with me in regard to your stupidity."

I'm like so very empressed by that. b:chuckle

Seems you like to quote yourself alot. *shrugs*
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013

Oh? I wasn't aware other procs could go off without attacking someone. If you aren't attacking those procs have a 0% chance to go off as well, you don't see GoF randomly activating while walking around. Every offensive proc is useless during an opponent's immune duration, much the same way Purify Spell is useless during yours, but Purify Spell can still go off during their immunity whereas GoF and the like cannot. You haven't done anything to make your point, because what you said only takes into account very one sided opinions. There have been many thoughts against Purify with very few of them being one sided, they look at the whole situation. Sinking down to the level of one-sidedness you think we're on will get you nowhere.

Defensive and offensive procs will receive benefit from different situations, just like they will be rendered less useful in other situations, however unlike the offensive procs Purify Spell is far too useful when it is available. Think about it, we've had God of Frenzy and Purify Spell for years now, yet we've never had a thread take off about them the way multiple threads have about Purify Spell. You have to ask yourself why that is. And because I know you'll deceive yourself and say it's because people are stupid and not as amazing as you I'll tell you. It's because Purify Spell is broken. Plain and simple.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well while we are talking about things that only work if you attack, lets get rid of that stupid psy buff and OMFG lets get rid of BRAMBLE.. They aren't procs per say but they work the same. The person using them does not have to do anything besides get hit for them to work.

Personally caster should just gof, maybe then all the QQ would stop lol.b:bye
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh? I wasn't aware other procs could go off without attacking someone. If you aren't attacking those procs have a 0% chance to go off as well, you don't see GoF randomly activating while walking around. Every offensive proc is useless during an opponent's immune duration, much the same way Purify Spell is useless during yours, but Purify Spell can still go off during their immunity whereas GoF and the like cannot. You haven't done anything to make your point, because what you said only takes into account very one sided opinions. There have been many thoughts against Purify with very few of them being one sided, they look at the whole situation. Sinking down to the level of one-sidedness you think we're on will get you nowhere.

Looool one-sided? Do you even know what you just wrote?

Defensive and offensive procs will receive benefit from different situations, just like they will be rendered less useful in other situations, however unlike the offensive procs Purify Spell is far too useful when it is available. Think about it, we've had God of Frenzy and Purify Spell for years now, yet we've never had a thread take off about them the way multiple threads have about Purify Spell. You have to ask yourself why that is. And because I know you'll deceive yourself and say it's because people are stupid and not as amazing as you I'll tell you. It's because Purify Spell is broken. Plain and simple.

1. no
    2. have you seen the results of the poll?
    3. you're one of the few who keep spamming the thread with the same thing over and over again to keep it alive. People respond to your "arguments" because even the most asinine ideas might be thought true if gone un-opposed. This whole situation is like some kind of religious or political spectacle. There's little civility left, just one sided flame- which is why this thread has been so heavily edited.

colors
This discussion has been closed.