Comments

• Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Pro/
    It's fun and PK orientated, has nice rewards and is assessable by most people

Con/
    Charms/pots/etc are expensive and sometimes you can't even make the money back on those with the NW rewards depending on your luck in what nation you get into/what fights you get into.

Edit; oh right I should be paying more attention, first; this needs to be moved to the NW sub-forum, Second; I don't think there is a thread exactly like this unless my searching skills have failed me... '-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    We have threads about this in the Nation War Section...
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=271

Nation war is good for a short while, like give people easier time to get gears.

In the long run, the prices of tokens went down so low, people gotten more greedy and aggressive.
  • killerleo
    killerleo Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    In general, its a good thing for most who try it (They could still improve it for it to be more balanced, but that sort of stuff can still come in the future) As a whole though, its not a bad thing that they've tried to bring us so far...f:bike

((Now if only they'd brought it sooner & then allowed squads to be made only by those who already all had an identical set of Nation affiliations & not before it (Enough of this BS with hold outs waiting to offer their services & allegiances only to those nations they specifically wanna join after their friends have made 1-person go in to secure {1 nation} for all of the rest of them to join up with, by having that 1-person become the leader, so the rest can still bypass & backdoor their ways into making Super Squads))...f:mehb:fatb
  • wtl
    wtl Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Pros:
    It can be fun when the server lag allows you to use your skills
    It's the only way in the game to make decent coin now

Cons:
    Eats your charms if ur charmed
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Can be fun, but the times when it starts are simply pathetic for EU people! US of A people have 2 SAME time slots, they could at least give 1 for EU`s!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    killerleo wrote: »
    What are your view on nation war what's the pro an con about it

Pro - it is good for those, who like PvP
    Cons - it is very bad for PvE players

Since introduction of Assassins pwi become worse only.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    wtl wrote: »
    Pros:
    It can be fun when the server lag allows you to use your skills

Cons:
    Eats your charms if ur charmed

you don't have much of an imagination, do you?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Good-to let people catch up on some great gear to so call update the server population and get them out of the tt90 phase and most TT 99 gold.

Bad-r9 recast is way to easy to farm.
    The rich keep getting richer off NW farming.NW for higher tier people is like walking into Vegas and winning on a slot machine every five minutes.
    The time for the event on most cases is the wrong time maybe do NW at a central time and not a Cali time since our time zones are geared toward the eastern and euro times,would be fair.

Much more bad **** but to lazy to type
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Pro -
    Nirvana gear is much more affordable now for some that had been unable to farm it before.
    Something new to do for people that like PvP.

Con -
    Nirvana instances are dead.
    NW is PvP so the PvE players are left out.
    Timezone issues make certain players unable to run it.
    Supply tokens are untradeable so PvE people and people in the wrong timezones will never have access to certain things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Pros

Legitimately fun PVP with a wide variety of opponents as opposed to going up against R9 +12 faction walls in TWs

CURRENTLY good way to get quick coin (possibly only way to get quick coin without luck being the sole factor)

Cons

CURRENTLY good way to get quick coin. The rapture market is drying up and soon it won't be worth it anymore. Wonder what will happen when raps drop below 100k or 50k...

Adds nothing to the PVE side of things and encourages super OP'd toons destroying PVE even further : (

I like NW but if PWE doesn't come up with a new PVE area or instance soon this game is going to turn into a weekend only event.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I like NW but if PWE doesn't come up with a new PVE area or instance soon this game is going to turn into a weekend only event.
    It's practically there already. As it is, when I do log in, usually is Farming WS, Trials, TW, or NW. Finding any BH under 100 without having a plethora of friends and faction mates is daunting at best.

Personally though, I think the game has just about gone too far over the edge to bring much in the way of PVE content back into focus, and even then, it would likely just be another weekly event if they did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    moved to nw section

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ... Wonder what will happen when raps drop below 100k or 50k...

ROFL raps have been selling for ~36k each on Archosaur server. Probably 75% of the supply of coins on the server has disappeared into the NW forge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Pro - it is good for those, who like PvP
    Cons - it is very bad for PvE players.

It is only bad for PVE players who don't join NW for coin, I was a PVE player that sometimes duel to test things only and still joined it. Knowing that PVE is outdated (And PVP on MMORPGs are pathetic, making the game dull)
    Pro -
    Nirvana gear is much more affordable now for some that had been unable to farm it before.
    Something new to do for people that like PvP.

Con -
    Nirvana instances are dead.
    NW is PvP so the PvE players are left out.
    Timezone issues make certain players unable to run it.
    Supply tokens are untradeable so PvE people and people in the wrong timezones will never have access to certain things.

NW is just to get the flag and place it in your base, and making sure the flag does not go to your opponent's, you basically don't even have to PVP, just take advantage of the flag.

Cons are true BTW.

Cons

Adds nothing to the PVE side of things and encourages super OP'd toons destroying PVE even further : (

Might as well quit the game, because PVE is already destroyed since R9 was introduced to the game. There will not be a PVE area or instance that will turn the game around, the gear is too strong, genies are too strong, blessings and the OP shards. Look at Morai... nobody does morai except for getting the Morai skills.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    PROS:

- Allowed people the chance to reach a higher gear set, whether it was r9 to r9 3rd cast or even TT to nirvy G15 then G16.
    - Gave the PvP players something new to do other than TW
    - Generated coin in the beginning
    - Great coin sink in the beginning
    - Fun

CONS:

- Destroyed the PWI economy, Supply token price is down to 75k ea on my server, PWI needs a solution
    - Some classes are God-Like in a NW fight leaving a huge unbalance
    - Nothin for PVE players, though imo if u dont hav a goal of atleast TW in PWI, I have no idea why u still play xD
    - Mainly cashers atm are the only ones that can afford to do alot of things with supply tokens as it's hard to make good money from NW anymore
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    One pro is that the new map has changed quite alot for me. The change from the old to the new map isn't too significan't but it has changed how I play and I've been having alot of fun lately. The change wasn't too significan't but getting certain things right made a world of different imo. Its now like a different nw for me.

With the old map, I went from squizing into as many battle as possible, attack/killing as much as possible to, choosing which battle I do more damage on, what battle is worth more for me and my nation, how too weaken or strengthen my enemy/nation, and even expanded to being greedy and attack a 2nd nation. My kill rate has droped quite alot, my tokens earning has droped by an estimated 15 to 30 depending on who is on my side, and I sit there almost 2 hours straight as each mins or even sec could alter the state of the game.

With the new map you no longer have to fight every battle you can catch, you are not stress to attack/kill and you don't have to fight you enemy directly but have the option to fight them indirectly. Unlike the old map, its not simply the best gears win anymore as they have to do more and likewise, you can do more now even if your nation is weaker. I've notice this few time, and once when my nation was weaker while we were winning during the first hour. I Was going to warn them but weren't too sure so I held back and the enemy locked or almost locked us from north and south near the end but with only 10 mins left.

Theres room for improvement though such as a new colour font for nw chat. I wouldn't be suprise if I missed alot of important nw chat.