GM what the hell did you do with refines?

Options
RyuTiger - Raging Tide
RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
I spend 1500 mirages to make a damn weapon +3 or +4 and it did not work more then +2. I had 15 times on a row fail. Did you set "low chance" like you did in TT with drop by "mistake"?
My request is to close for good all refine with mirage and just let orbs refine so i dont loose my mind and almost uninstall this game after 5 years of play. Then I will know not to bother and refine with mirage and if you wonder why i did not stop.....I tell you why: cuz I wanted to see how fail refine is on this game and how much you make fun of people that an item dont work +2 anymore. Just close the damn refine and people will stop making and hope cuz that is all we have left "hope".
I know why you made the refine so crappy, cuz people show off how they made items + 8 with mirages and tisha stones and you just have to cut it didn't you?
Post edited by RyuTiger - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Man that's a really bad luck strike.

Im sure you didnt expected that kind of **** luck but thats pw RNG for ya.

But rest assured that you are not the first that has that kind of luck.

I know a certain bm that spent like 2350 mirages to refine some **** axes and all that just ended in +4 XD

And ive heard of peeps that have used like 3000 mirages.

Or more.

What im trying to say is.

Damm. Things like this makes one flip the fuuck out.

LOL hehehe

But dont worry bro, we all learn to forget XD
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Man that's a really bad luck strike.

Im sure you didnt expected that kind of **** luck but thats pw RNG for ya.

But rest assured that you are not the first that has that kind of luck.

I know a certain bm that spent like 2350 mirages to refine some **** axes and all that just ended in +4 XD

And ive heard of peeps that have used like 3000 mirages.

Or more.

What im trying to say is.

Damm. Things like this makes one flip the fuuck out.

LOL hehehe

But dont worry bro, we all learn to forget XD

You are so right. i dont know if you believe me but i cry. I spend so much time opening mirages packs to make 1500 and now they are all gone. I guess the rate of making items with mirages is dead. From now on I will be making just with orbs and keep my mirages. As I was making the weapon i spend 100 and 150 then 200 and I say to myself "now it will work after 200 mirages but it keeps fail over and over 10-15 times on a row and I refine and refine and I saw that I was out of mirages , all 1500 of them. I will just sell them from now on cuz they are useless now.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Naaaww, refining sucks majorly, and even though Orbs cost more than Mirages (if you're lucky) i can't personally deal with the stress levels of trying to refine something that won't ****ing refine, so once I get something to +5 I switch to Orbs, it just saves me money/time and stress x.x'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think one of the random hints from the roaming npc dood is to try refining another day if you get alot of fails. There is no way i would use up that many mirages in one setting.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think one of the random hints from the roaming npc dood is to try refining another day if you get alot of fails. There is no way i would use up that many mirages in one setting.

"roaming npc dood" = Duke Blacke?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I've +7'd two full sets of gear lol, tisha and tienkang ftw. I've also refined a **** load of things for ppl...oh and +11'd two weapons with one tisha each.

I don't beleive in that stupid officer npc refine, go to arch elder...works like a charm.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yep the refine rates have been Sucking it Big TIME For awhile now ~_~' (And that refine ya got there is 1 of the biggest of the sad stories that the suckfest of current rates of refines are in)

But its the {DEVs & PROGs} Faults for jacking it up by nerfing them ~f:shame~ and not the poor little {GMs} faults (All they are is glorified Ref's & Enforcement officials, they're not the Programmer's that like to mess with us during the updates to the game)...f:laugh
  • Ray - Momaganon
    Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's all about luck and streaks, I +8 my r9.3 weap with about 600 mirages, my boots got +8 with just 100 mirages and I used almost 2k mirages to get a lunar ring to a crappy +6.

If you gamble with mirages, you're risking to get higher costs than orbing all the way or getting it way cheaper. If you can't handle gambling, you should sell your mirages and buy orbs b:victory
    Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Its bad luck.

I had a streak of +6 refines on multiple pieces of armor, 5 to be exact with 1 mirage and 1 tienkang each about 2 months ago. Just want to note that the previous +5 gears were almost refined from mirages and tienkang, on an average of 200-400 mirages each from a previous refine session.

Plus, everyone cries that the refine rate was nerfed when they can't hit their goal refine, and usually posts to the forums too. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    They changed refining at some point. Its not a 50% chance to get +1 anymore.

If you say that some blow hard will show up on the thread and try to lecture you about probabilities. Its not worth the time it takes to argue with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I had 15 times on a row fail.

the most fails in a row iv had is 43 lol so 15 isnt to bad when you compare to my bad luck b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

If you say that some blow hard will show up on the thread and try to lecture you about probabilities. Its not worth the time it takes to argue with them.

Maaaaaaaan but probabilities have everything to do with this XD

b:chuckle

What i mean is:

COD GLUBBING DAMMIT LAPLACE

COD GLUBBING DAMMIT PASCAL

AND A BIG ONE FOR YOU TOO FERMAT.

Seriously, GLUB THOSE GUYS XD

b:chuckle

Jk pascal/laplace/fermat i looove you guys

*Le swooooooooooooooooonami*

b:cute
  • Lealis - Lost City
    Lealis - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    is not bad luck is the systems TASK.DATA of the server are or is fixed to give nothing to no 1 no matter how hard u try
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    lol i +1-+8 my swords today and it only took me 348 mirages and 20 tishas mirages :D i was feeling soo lucky i was gonna +9 but someone talked me out >.<
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    1500 = 300 tries or 750 tries

On 750 tries i find it really really hard to believe, +2 was not broken once. That kind of luck probably got raphxelion +8 b:chuckle.

On 300 tries, it is possible, some g16, r9 r3 weapons are mean in refining.

Basic rule for me, +8 = 1k mirages for armour, weaopon = 8k
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i have no problem getting to plus 3-4 and thats using 55 mirages on 4 peices of armorb:laugh
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I have had ridiculously good luck refining my g16 gear. Helm took 3 mirages to +3, wrists took 5 and boots took 8. After that, used a tisha [I think it's tisha - the one that increases refining chance] to succesfully +4 them all with one try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

I'm sure they did change the refine chances. They want people to buy orbs. It's all about the money. Why allow people to +7 or more with mirages? They want people to buy from the boutique.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm sure they did change the refine chances. They want people to buy orbs. It's all about the money. Why allow people to +7 or more with mirages? They want people to buy from the boutique.
    They didn't change the rates. The higher the level of gear, the lower the chance of refining. If you guys would like, I can compare the tasks.data from 4 years ago, and tasks.data from now and give you a direct comparison.

I'd be willing to bet that the results will be exactly like my results with the TT drop rate. They haven't changed at all since beta.

Also note, the GM's don't have anything to do with changing game code. That's the Dev's in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

It is random.

So, you can spent theoretically 1000 mirages to get +0.

Or you can spent 5 mirages to get +5 on non-weapon item.

And vise versa you can spent 1 mirage and get +0 from +11 item.
  • geestring
    geestring Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    and people wonder why i only use orbs in the end its prolly cheaper and a hell of a lot faster
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    While using orbs is definitely faster and stress free, it has been shown that for low refines, mirages are on average cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    They didn't change the rates. The higher the level of gear, the lower the chance of refining. If you guys would like, I can compare the tasks.data from 4 years ago, and tasks.data from now and give you a direct comparison.

I'd be willing to bet that the results will be exactly like my results with the TT drop rate. They haven't changed at all since beta.

Also note, the GM's don't have anything to do with changing game code. That's the Dev's in China.

Are you talking about data files from the client? The decisions are made server side and we don't have access to that info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I had just yesterday the worst luck for a very long time with refining. I do it all the time same. I'm using refine dummies and refine to +4 without refining aids. For +5 I use tienkangs. Yesterday I failed 24x with tienkangs and dropped back to 0. I wasted more than 1300 mirages. This really wasn't normal. On average I need about 250 mirages for +5 (and when I really have bad luck I consume ~400 mirages).

I only had one time before worse luck - years ago when 1* orbs were on sale for 5 silver each: I failed 38x in a row at +0 and wasted ~150 tienkangs at +4. Didn't do the math yet but I have the feeling that going from 0 to +12 without any refining aids has a way higher chanceb:surrender.

I'm not sure if they really manipulate the probabilities intentionally or if its just bad luck or if there is a bug on hardware side. The randomness is really strange sometimes. I hope that after server reset it's back to normal again.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The randomness is really strange sometimes. I hope that after server reset it's back to normal again.

If it was predictable, it wouldnt be randomb:shy
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If it was predictable, it wouldnt be randomb:shy

I was going to say that. Totally stole my comment >:(
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Don't quote me on this but a friend of mine told me that PWI nerfed refining.....again. Again I don't know if this is true or not.
    But I did use 15 mirages about 2 months ago and got +9 on my cape from +0 =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The occasional noob raging that gm's changed refining chances cause s/he spent X mirages for +1 just proves it's randomb:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Refine rate has never changed. I've always have the same luck, and still can refine anything.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    A week or two ago I found myself refining a new 6-piece S2 Nirv armor set. I managed to get five of the pieces to +5 with about 300 mirages and 15 tienkangs. But that helm... that helm. That helm was a problem child. Took 600-700 mirages and like 30 tienkangs alone. I was about ready to snap.

The message that's being sent here is "buy more Dragon Orbs, you silly F2Per, you." -_-

But then, refining in general needs to be overhauled. At anything above +7 or +8 it just becomes a game of "oh look, another pathetic soul with +12." To say nothing of Soulforce (or as I like to call it, Cashforce).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
This discussion has been closed.