Best R9R3 Class?

Ydira - Sanctuary
Ydira - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
I'm being lazy atm, so I'm using PWI players' brains and research skills to get some info f:laugh.

I just wanted to compare all classes with R9R3 gear and see which one would be the best overall atk, def, stats/attributes/bonuses (in general: weapon & armor), etc. with just the gear and no refines or shards.

Thanks!
Post edited by Ydira - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let the war.... Begin! '_'

-oh and I'm going to say casters get the most advantage from R9RR That Purify Proc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Blademasters OP. We one shot every other class, even barbs.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seekers cuz I got 1shot bi seekur once so obviuslee dey r rly op n useful 4 tw n stuff n no seekers evur die evur
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Seekers cuz I got 1shot bi seekur once so obviuslee dey r rly op n useful 4 tw n stuff n no seekers evur die evur

nub luk ur gramer no gud at spel bm op cuz u no gud can beat bm cuz dey hab stun n kil u so fazt u no hab ablety for countur
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The caster classes.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    *wonders why people think Caster classes are the best R9r3s*

Surely it has nothing to do with Purify Spell, since that's not at all overpowered right?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *wonders why people think Caster classes are the best R9r3s*

Surely it has nothing to do with Purify Spell, since that's not at all overpowered right?

Ur moms face overpowered oooooooooooooh
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All around I'd say archer is the best r93. If I had it to do again I would choose archer over this wizzy. Archer is a very versatile class. I believe it has held true that every nation war 75% of the top token amounts were archers within my faction (tempest) Archers are very good for tw as well. They of course have many uses in pve as well.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Ur moms face overpowered oooooooooooooh

It's true, I saw her wunshot u
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tho I always said that Barbs are the most OP class for r9r2, I have to admit that seeker are neat as hell if played right. With a +12 r9r2 weap seeker I can easily dish out 30k+ zerk crits on any other class...that's redicolous but not OP, you can still AD and avoid that attack.

If you wanna survive everything and be unkillable roll a barb.

At least it's not a question which is the best r9r2 class. It's a question if you are able to play that game or if you are simply a low nub. Anyone overskilled can kill anyone with any class if he is better. period.

If you don't consider yourself a good player then I rather suggest you just quit the game and spare us another overgeared friggin noob. I assume that if you were good at all you wouldn't ask such dumb questions on the forums anyways...so I guess you know what to do b:laugh

Sry for being a pest, not my best day today xD You are always welcome to spend your money to keep our servers alive (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Casters are best in nw/tw, because they are not only best DDs, they are also best tanks now. Btw, thx to devs at this point, very thoughtful. Now even handicappted can win in 1 vs 20 easily.
    For farming in hh/lunar, best DDs (boss killers) are still assassins ofc.

Barbs are ofc not best tanks anymore because many of those new op skills ignore dmg reduction and def lvls. If you have a r999 barb and want to join nw, reset to pure strengh build, grab a jones blessing, forget charms and just DD abit. Maybe you can make a lucky kill, there are still some noobs arround with worse gear. Ofc most of the time you won't cast any skill fast enough and 99% of all ranged classes will kill your target(s) faster.
  • geestring
    geestring Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well depends how good you are on whatever class, what you want to use it for and the build of it
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Psychic and Mage, seeker gets third
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2013
    Psychic and Mage, seeker gets third

No, there is no OP class and at least not Psys. Remove their Soul of Silence and they get owned by anything without any problem. They rely on one single skill. Well just like sins Tidal Protection.

Being strong become of a self buff does not mean OPness because zero skill is needed for that.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    No, there is no OP class and at least not Psys. Remove their Soul of Silence and they get owned by anything without any problem. They rely on one single skill. Well just like sins Tidal Protection.

Being strong become of a self buff does not mean OPness because zero skill is needed for that.

You lack a basic understanding of Psychics.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2013
    You lack a basic understanding of Psychics.

No, I know them well. Without soul of Silence they have pratically nothing to stop enemys attacks. Ones that are dumb enough to let themself get stunned through psys are just dumb xDD

White voodoo is no prob, at least not for Barb, wizards and seeker. Their phys immune skill won't last very long and it's just pys.

End-Game wise their dmg isn't really that bad, too. They can't jump away. Without soul of silence they would have nothing to protect them against other casters and merely something against pysicals.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • skynetsky
    skynetsky Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone overskilled can kill anyone with any class if he is better. period.

If you don't consider yourself a good player then I rather suggest you just quit the game and spare us another overgeared friggin noob.

I always laugh when I ppl say that gears doesn't matter as long as you have skill. Tell me pls, how can a r8 kill a r9 3rd cast? With a charm, even if the r9 is afk, the r8 can't kill him unless he run out of charm.

Skills come into play only when you are talking about the same range of gears, otherwise you cannot kill someone with 300-400 dmg per hit when that person have 20-40k HP.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    No, I know them well. Without soul of Silence they have pratically nothing to stop enemys attacks. Ones that are dumb enough to let themself get stunned through psys are just dumb xDD

White voodoo is no prob, at least not for Barb, wizards and seeker. Their phys immune skill won't last very long and it's just pys.

End-Game wise their dmg isn't really that bad, too. They can't jump away. Without soul of silence they would have nothing to protect them against other casters and merely something against pysicals.

See that's just it though, they do have it. It cannot be purged, it cannot be hindered in any way other than to have have a seal stopping genie or to have full immunity to damage/debuffs, and it lasts as long as its cooldown. You will not catch a Psychic without it unless you get stupidly lucky. Saying the class is nothing without it is pointless because the fact remains that it's there.

Let's not forget their large aresenal of control skills, they're arcane BMs without anti stun. They've got Earth Vector, multiple slows, and a no-cost chance to freeze. This isn't taking into account Psychic Will to resist physical attacks long enough to land any of those, or genie skills. A psychic is more than just SoS.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2013
    See that's just it though, they do have it. It cannot be purged, it cannot be hindered in any way other than to have have a seal stopping genie or to have full immunity to damage/debuffs, and it lasts as long as its cooldown. You will not catch a Psychic without it unless you get stupidly lucky. Saying the class is nothing without it is pointless because the fact remains that it's there.

Let's not forget their large aresenal of control skills, they're arcane BMs without anti stun. They've got Earth Vector, multiple slows, and a no-cost chance to freeze. This isn't taking into account Psychic Will to resist physical attacks long enough to land any of those, or genie skills. A psychic is more than just SoS.

While this is indeed true I wouldn't put them on the line with Wizards or Seeker. They can dish out way more DMG. And yes SoS will never go out while fighting a psy and yes that's the main reason why I am using will surge all along the way xDD

Like I said before no class is OP and actually psys are a nice class to play, I love them honestly and while they are fully buffed in white voodoo + SoS it is nearly impossible to kill them without purge because everyone can just land 1 hit -> then 4 secs silence and so on.

But they are not OP and not the best class xD

BTT: The class you can play the best is the strongest r9 Class for you dear Thread starter (:

@Zan: While watching some of your older videos....you're BM looked exactly the same as my BM on Sanctuary did. Same Fashion, same weapons (back when you just got the TT90 Gold or 95 Lunar axes i'm not sure). Somehow scary xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013

While this is indeed true I wouldn't put them on the line with Wizards or Seeker. They can dish out way more DMG. And yes SoS will never go out while fighting a psy and yes that's the main reason why I am using will surge all along the way xDD

Like I said before no class is OP and actually psys are a nice class to play, I love them honestly and while they are fully buffed in white voodoo + SoS it is nearly impossible to kill them without purge because everyone can just land 1 hit -> then 4 secs silence and so on.

But they are not OP and not the best class xD

BTT: The class you can play the best is the strongest r9 Class for you dear Thread starter (:

@Zan: While watching some of your older videos....you're BM looked exactly the same as my BM on Sanctuary did. Same Fashion, same weapons (back when you just got the TT90 Gold or 95 Lunar axes i'm not sure). Somehow scary xDD

The classes which REQUIRE the least skill to play effectively in pvp are sin and seek.

The most overpowered classes in the hands of a skilled player are wizard and psychic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The classes which REQUIRE the least skill to play effectively in pvp are sin and seek.

The most overpowered classes in the hands of a skilled player are wizard and psychic

Sadly PWI built seeker as a pure damage class, so all can do is spam skills and do some combos to kill others. Seeker is not that easy to play since we get stunned a lot and there is almost no way for seekers to escape being stunned lock. Seeker needs a skill rebalance to enhance our lower level skills like rock split and staggering, also extended the range because 20m is short compare to the other classes. Yesterday NW, I got stopped completely by psys hammering me with stun and rapid attacks. I can't say seeker need the least skills, but it is hard to survive as a seeker if you don't wisely use your genie and skills. I also get purged almost every battle, so yea, as a seeker it feels like everyone is targeting you and your always getting ganked. I hit quite low compare to other classes too, my only skills that does the KO is ion and Gemini, other than that is spam to kill.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suggest we make a vote to decide what are the weakest 3 classes in r9.3 Then when another credidcard kid comes asking what is the best class, the forum regulars are going to make a nice debate all defending one of those 3 classes.

Anyone who farms and merchants his R9.3 will know the game so well by the time he gets there that he is not gonna take advise from a bunch of random forum people on what char to invest his hard earned wealth, so no need to debate the nature of such questions b:pleased
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hahahahahaha.... NO sin is only easy to play in PVE
    people dont wear tt90/99 armor anymore you cant 1shot em as a sin and the good ol aps gear is no good if your targets dont die while you have stunlocked them and have a chance to retaliate and keel you.
    for some reason there were like 999 venos this last NW every enemy in every battle had bramble lol and i am afraid to attack psy cuz i know how many sins i kill on mine after they get silenced :D
    The one that requres the least skill imo is archer most AAs die in 1 stun arrow + quickshot+ normal attack lol and if they dont wings of grace and run lol or IG.
    oh and awaken has 5 min cd now yaay :S yea give em more chi to barrage and 3 spark
    ...QQmore
    oh and most of their attacks are crits
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The class that seems to kill me the most are archers and psys. Psys I can understand, but archers, I'm really puzzled about. I hit only 2k on them and they can just easily smack me with Thunder Shock and Lightning Strike and I'm dead. I carry heart of steel everywhere I go but I just can't use it repeatedly when I go face to face with 3 archers. Most of my gemini miss on them and I don't want to waste an ion spike to kill them... so my greatest fear is archers in my books.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suggest we make a vote to decide what are the weakest 3 classes in r9.3 Then when another credidcard kid comes asking what is the best class, the forum regulars are going to make a nice debate all defending one of those 3 classes.

Anyone who farms and merchants his R9.3 will know the game so well by the time he gets there that he is not gonna take advise from a bunch of random forum people on what char to invest his hard earned wealth, so no need to debate the nature of such questions b:pleased

This sounds...like a good idea~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • greykraken
    greykraken Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Take the purify proc away from clerics, now there's a GREAT idea... b:faint they are without a doubt one of the op r9 classes, oh plz...
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sadly PWI built seeker as a pure damage class, so all can do is spam skills and do some combos to kill others. Seeker is not that easy to play since we get stunned a lot and there is almost no way for seekers to escape being stunned lock. Seeker needs a skill rebalance to enhance our lower level skills like rock split and staggering, also extended the range because 20m is short compare to the other classes. Yesterday NW, I got stopped completely by psys hammering me with stun and rapid attacks. I can't say seeker need the least skills, but it is hard to survive as a seeker if you don't wisely use your genie and skills. I also get purged almost every battle, so yea, as a seeker it feels like everyone is targeting you and your always getting ganked. I hit quite low compare to other classes too, my only skills that does the KO is ion and Gemini, other than that is spam to kill.

..."pure damage class" this is the biggest load of bull**** I have ever heard! I don't really know what kind of seeker you are playing but we don't have a 35 defense lvl buff for nothing now do we?
    "no way to escape stun-lock" There are things called Genies in this game... you should Idk.. learn to use them?
    I will agree on the enhancing of rock splitting cleave and staggering strike though, those skills miss 70% of the time o_e'
    ...and the rest of that post is just pure QQ ****, You are what? the second tankiest class in the game next to a freaking barb, suck it up man. ._.

The class that seems to kill me the most are archers and psys. Psys I can understand, but archers, I'm really puzzled about. I hit only 2k on them and they can just easily smack me with Thunder Shock and Lightning Strike and I'm dead. I carry heart of steel everywhere I go but I just can't use it repeatedly when I go face to face with 3 archers. Most of my gemini miss on them and I don't want to waste an ion spike to kill them... so my greatest fear is archers in my books.

You obviously have **** for Mag def if it only takes them two hits to bring you down, You may also want to shard your weapon with some accuracy shards so you don't miss as much, also, If your not willing to waste a spark on an archer that is butt **** you then you deserve to die, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    *snip*
    ...and just DD abit. Maybe you can make a lucky kill, there are still some noobs arround with worse gear. Ofc most of the time you won't cast any skill fast enough and 99% of all ranged classes will kill your target(s) faster.
    That thread was supposed to be a satire......

I know that once Sunniest(The__Sun, he's a psy for anyone not on DW) mentioned before he recast his r9 to r999, that there was a r9(don't recall if it was r99 or not) seeker he only did like 30 damage to once... (this was before NW)
    I guess a bunch of people are complaining about purify now that NW is out but it wasn't any different before or anything, c'mon.
    Otherwise, can't say much, haven't been on in some weeks, my incentive for this post was to post the satire thing, anyway. x3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    for PK i would say barb and psy would be best for full set of r9rr. barbs have absolutely insane amounts of HP if made properly, and psys have really high cast speeds, damage, and purify spell. in actuality, all classes are very good with r9rr so it is a close call i would say.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well if you mean OP by gets most kills in NW I'd say archers for the sake that they are ranged and hit hard especially with a high crit rate. Also verus a psychic its an even match most of the time until the archers purge goes off then the damage starts rolling in. As a psychic against an archer I'll see 2k 2k 2k purge 7k 7k 7k. If you follow PK kills during the course of a nation war usually the top 3 spots (at least for Dreamweaver) are archers, followed by psys and seekers and a few wizzards.
    Wizards are able to kill classes more easily than psychics due to the combos they can perform but perhaps the reason psychics get more kills is because of the quick aoes that can be casted on groups of people. Where as for a wizzy their best AOEs require sparks.

But if you are referring to OP by Kill to death ratios then psychics are pretty good there along with seekers, but in a bigger group attacking you psychics have the advantage of staying alive the longest because of purify and white voodoo (at the cost of not being able to kill anything equally geared).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics