What gear should I be looking for?

Kalishana - Archosaur
Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Wizard
Before I start, I'm going to say that Bloodmystic oneshot me with a normal pyrogram that dealt 17k so i'm obviously very weak... I on the other hand did only 600 to him with my own pyro. Of course thats probably standard for a 100+ vs a 91 but as I'm now finally FCing, I'll probably catch up in levels. b:victory

Current Gear: http://pwcalc.com/4446264b30b29548

Also, Demon Wizzie. Tips plox?

Edit:
So apparently, I was really unclear. Sorry about that. Pretty much, this is not a "Whats the most OP end gear gear i should be looking for" but more of a what next step gear should i look for. Like should i focus on refining TT90 until i get R8, or get TT99, or Drop Acro for Rank whatever 90 gear, or armor from this gear and that, or something else. Like i recall adroit having subpar gear like TT90 or 99 or whatever but he still looked awesome in his vids. At the TW, i was hitting like 600 and getting hit for like 17k each shot so that was kind of a sharp contrast to what i thought a fairly geared Wizzie at my level should be doing. (I think some archers in my guild 4-5 levels below me were doing more to players and surviving much better than I was...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
Post edited by Kalishana - Archosaur on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Depends on budget. So it looks like you want to PvP, that rules out the cheap option of morai.

This is likely to be your goal.

After that, you want to fix that terrible pdef with a cube necklace and warsong belt and refine these to +10. Then, you refine the rest of your gears to +7 and your weapon to +10 to +12.
    You are now the standard mid class wizzard.

If you want to be end game, you go for r9.3. This however requires you to farm/merchant/CS 2000 gold or 3 billion coins to get the gear alone. Then you need an equal amount of money to refine it and once more the same amount to shard it.

The build i gave you might look a long way from where you are. Google the items so you find them in the database. Then you can see the recipe they are made from. It is a series of items all the way down to TT70. You keep upgrading your items till you are at the G16 i posted. So just follow the line up there.

TT90-TT99gold-NirvanaG13-NirvanaG15-NirvanaG16.

If you do this, the equipment will be bound to your character. This means you cannot trade it with other players. You can however put it on an account stash and use it on different characters you may create on your account in the future.
    If you want your items to be fully tradable, you need to go a different path. This is the lunar path. It will result in tradable nirvana G16 items, but it is a little harder to get. When you go google and find the items in the itemdatabase, you should discover that there are different recipes that make this G16 stuff. One is comming from TT, the other from lunar. Take your time to explore this.

Note that the gap in cost or hard to farm items is from TT90 where you are now to TT99 gold. (or the equivalent in lunar equipment) So you might despair while you are trying to make this upgrade and logically expect it to get harder and harder to upgrade, but this is not the case. Since it will be rather impossible for a TT90 wizzard to farm the needed TTgold items in TT3-x, you will need to buy these. So find other means to make money for this. You will need something like 200million total to make these TT99gold gears.

After you got this TT99 gold, you will get to NirvanaG15 in a heartbeat. Then to get to G16 you will need to farm some warsong, so the G15 to G16 step is gonna take some time again, but not nearly as terrible as getting from TT90 to TT99.

Note that i just took a cleric build and made some minor changes to it. Possibly you want to focus some more on channeling from your rings and belt / necklace. however, don't forget that these are your only source of physical defence.
  • zeroxwingx
    zeroxwingx Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A "standard" Rank-8 Wizard will not hit you for 17k with Pyrogram. It's unfortunate but leveling alone will not help unless you plan on getting R9 Third Cast or at least G16 to stay remotely competitive. I suggest you make a Mystic as your farming alt, and use whatever means you have to merchant. What's great about a Mystic is that you can share the G16 set should you follow that route. If you cannot put up a catshop overnight like me, then it's imperative that you make a farming alt to have a stable source of income. That is unless you plan to charge zen within the month instead of making manageable and fun long-term and short-term goals for yourself.

I define "competitive" as having 16k-22k magic attack, 12k-16k physical defense, 11k-14k hitpoints, 12k-15k magical defense, 80-120 Attack Levels, 30-70 Defense Levels, all self-buffed. Anything less you will be facerolled just based on gear differential when facing another maxed gear Wizard, or any other class for that matter. Hope this helps.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    yes, i like the suggestion to make a farming alt. Because really the wizzard alone is gonna have a hard time. There are different sources of income. In order of effectiveness:

1) Cash shop
    2) APS farming
    3) Merchanting
    4) Dayly BH and Cube on multiple characters
    5) Different farming

Since 1 is not to everyones liking, 2 requires a completely different character with completely different gear costing you 500million, 3 may or may not be one of your tallents, many players end up relying mostly on 4. Thats why it is usefull to get more than 1 or 2 characters to lvl 100. This will help you reach the gear level i posted in the first reply.

If you want to be what the above poster calls "competetive" (and i pretty much agree with his definition) you will not get there with only methods 4 and 5. Many players get there with a combination of 2, 3 and 4. Some include method 1. If you want to go there, get an APS farmer rather sooner than later and get ready to farm 10 hours a day while your catshop is doing the merchanting on a second account. In this case skip the whole G16 nirvana build. You will need R9, but your primary goals are to get that aps farmer and build a trading capital.

If you are happy with the not so competetive mid-class build i posted, then yes, a few months of method 5, 4 and maybe a little 3 should do the job.

Another option i did not cover is r8. If you plan to eventually go r9, this is probably a reasonable route since you will need the reputation anyway. If not, the quality/cost ratio is probably not really worth it compared to the G16.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just going to answer your question.. pwi is not about the lvl you have is about the gear you have.. if you wanna be a competitive there is only one option, r9rr .. end of the story, if you wanna be able to survive a little and be able to kill mid gear players, full g16 with a good refined weap, that`s all, there is nothing left to add.
    As a short tip, be a competitor or at least have the minimum gear to survive is expensive, if you are not able to achieve full g16 or r9rr just re roll another class, cause a wizzy with not good gear is squishy as hell and one shoot to pretty much any other class, wanna play on the big league? well follow one of the tips that you have here, if you are not able to achieve that, pw is not for you b:bye
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You need r9rr to really be competitive.. but 3rd nv isn't a bad second choice if you are short on coin. One thing that makes me want to punch a baby is when I see people getting "end game" gear (3rd nv/r9rr) and then considering +5 refines end game. Refines/shards give you way more bang for your buck than the actual gear does.. so allocating 90% of your available coin to obtaining the gear and then not having enough refine above +5 is dumb. I think you'd be nuts to shoot for anything below full +8.. (and preferably +10), but that's just my opinion.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You need r9rr to really be competitive.. but 3rd nv isn't a bad second choice if you are short on coin. One thing that makes me want to punch a baby is when I see people getting "end game" gear (3rd nv/r9rr) and then considering +5 refines end game. Refines/shards give you way more bang for your buck than the actual gear does.. so allocating 90% of your available coin to obtaining the gear and then not having enough refine above +5 is dumb. I think you'd be nuts to shoot for anything below full +8.. (and preferably +10), but that's just my opinion.

Adroit is right on that, but even with good refines you need to choose between g16 or r9rr.. (eventhough pls note that an r9rr weap with +5 or less is equal to a g16 weap with +10..)
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I largely took the build that Hruns made, but edited it slightly.

The ring offers almost as much as the +6 phys one (literally 21 fewer pdef per) but gives more magic attack and allows for channeling. I also would recommend looking at demon heart necklace as an intermediate step for cube neck instead, it's cheeper (at least on Sanctuary, I can't speak to the price of the mats on Archosaur) and since the goal should be a Cube neck, that's a much better option in my opinion.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    @zeroxwingx: Maybe Blood isn't a R8 wizard anymore. I think he might be R9 or even higher by now with plenty of refines and stuff. My whole team tried to mass him and he+ another RRR9 blademaster pretty much wiped my team full of R8+gears + me with TT90. And i'm sure it wasn't a D.Pyro as i casted my pyro at approximately the same time as he did. I think he might have been buffed though and I was not buffed (due to dying recently) or he might have better chan which could disguise his D. Pyro as Pyro (except im demon also so that must be quite some -chan)

@ HrunsPanda: Im probably aiming for RRR9 since thats how things look at the moment. I mean i played 2+ years so i think its manageable... if i get another 2 years by farming and merching slowly. Plus Archo economy is so underpriced. Gold is like 900k atm.

@Adroit: Lol was looking more for tips on your part but... yeah I mean I played on this char for a long time, getting to like level 85 or so without Fcing... so i think i can take the time to get RRR9... maybe. I like triple my money each Rep Sale so shouldn't be too bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Oh so what was the question about then ?

You play 2 years, you know r9.3 is possible for you. What more to know ? If you go G15 or G16 cube with it ?
    If you just wanted to complain about being one shot or whatever, maybe you could explain that you ask a question but are not really looking for an answer and people dont need to spend time on answering it.
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Oh lol whoops i mean what gear should i be upgrading next... Im not gonna go rrr9 in one day... and i don't plan to be TT90 for 2-3 years until i get RRR9. Sorry should have made that a bit more clear.

Edit:
    Actually, Ima be a lot more clearer. So i posted my current gear above, but im not sure whats the next step to take. Currently, even with mostly sharded armor and +2 refines to everything, I still get killed quite easily (and as if I didn't shard or do refines) So how do I improve survivability with my next gear? Unfortunately, in my faction, I'm kind of the highest level wizzie so its hard to look at gear examples of good wizzies.

So for example, back when i was level 70, and had some post like this, people were telling me that when i get 80 armor, I should shard and refine to +2's to make me survive a bit more and recommended me some armor or ornament pieces. Same idea here.

Thanks for your time :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    BUMP

Read the edits on first page and the above too. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Couple things for your current gear: I'd probably try to +5 that belt at least because it's a good placeholder belt, if you will. Another thing, try to find a Sky Demon's Pearl mold necklace for pdef + HP boost. At 96, hunt down a Cape of Elite Leather and use until you get an end-game cape.

As for what to do at 100, depends on if going r9 or not. If not, you're going to want full g16 Nirvana (or even if you are, if it's going to take quite awhile, you'll probably want the g16 Nirv as placeholder gear anyway). Typically going TT route with the armor will be cheaper than Lunar (and it is much cheaper to just make a tt99 wep instead of buying the Lunar wep insignia), but idk the prices on your server. And note that you'll be needing blacksmith on your mage if you equip the tt99 gear before you turn it into 1st+2nd recast Nirv. Also consider investing in a Cube neck as they're much cheaper now if you take the time to farm one (if not, just stick with the Sky Demon's Pearl for now).

Here's a really basic g16 Nirv calc using some of your gear: http://pwcalc.com/3dadd85715f8054a

Obviously, restat out whatever str on the cape to mag. For the wep, aim for mag/crit/mag attack/channel adds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you're looking for intermediate steps, a cube neck would be a good start since that will increase your def by a lot, and you will need that for your end game set. Once you get to 100 you can get r8, but if r9/r9r3 are things that you anticipate getting in the nearish future I would avoid really upgrading any gear you either wouldn't be able to use on other toons or resell (IE don't go buying tt99 stuff and vanaing it and making it +7 if you are gonna turn around and get r9r3 in 6 months and you can't use it on other toons on that account, that's why lunar is an option)

How far are you, realistically, from getting r9/r9r3, because suggestions will be dependent on that. If you double your coin every rep sale and you're currently at 700m and can get it in a rep sale or two our suggestions will be inherently different from what they will be if you're at 70m and you're 2 or 3 years off.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    @Eoria: Aite, Ill look into getting the Cape of Elite Leather and Sky Demon Pearls. Will see what happens when i get >98.

@Circe: Cube Necklace... omg... time to do a billion cube runs lols. And yeah, I'm around 70mil so im probably a year or 2 off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]