Can Taoya be solo'd??

Brillance - Raging Tide
Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Mystic
If you have any tips on soloing Taoya in OHT map3, Id appreciate it.

Lag (or maybe interrupt) is keeping me from surviving him, as I seem to have to be on point with heals, and a second's lag is all it takes for him to get a second shot in.

He also seems to ignore summons and plants at a distance, and gets right on me. D:

Kite-kill him - although there isnt a whole lot of room for that?

Thanks in advance for your answer & suggestions. b:thanks

I have R8 gears basicly. So, the 'he's easy!' from any R9 or better wouldn't really help. Thanks all the same. ^.^
Post edited by Brillance - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I solo'd him in aps gear b:avoid
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Storm Mistress at range from air. b:chuckle
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    I solo'd him in aps gear b:avoid

LOL! xD

tweakz wrote: »
    Storm Mistress at range from air. b:chuckle

Sorry to have to ask, but if that's a genuine suggestion, that would take forever. b:surrender

*in pure literal American fashion* Really?
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL! xD

Sorry to have to ask, but if that's a genuine suggestion, that would take forever. b:surrender

It is probably a joking reference to the fact that someone recently was surprised to find himself banned for using this "tactic".
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes before you try that, attacking mobs from where they can't hit you back is indeed grounds for a ban. If the GMs happen to bother caring.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL! xD

Take forever? It's a [?] boss, and herbs can be used. I believe it also has a weak mag attack.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited April 2013
    I'm taking it you needed a squad...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Taoya is a hard hitting melee only (or favors melee, anyway) boss. Soloable with a herc, wouldn't try it with a devil. (The mythical heavy armor mystic might be able to solo.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it can be soloed easily.

If your gear doesn't allow it- get a squad.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    klys wrote: »
    it can be soloed easily.

If your gear doesn't allow it- get a squad.

There's a significant piece of information lacking there... as in, what gear is required to "solo it easily".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • klys
    edited April 2013
    Gear that lets you solo it easily is the gear required for you to solo it easily....

If you try and succeed then your gear is capable of soloing it

If you try it and fail then either your gear is too low, or your gear is fine and the straightforward attack attack heal attack attack technique is too complicated.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Taoya is a hard hitting melee only (or favors melee, anyway) boss. Soloable with a herc, wouldn't try it with a devil. (The mythical heavy armor mystic might be able to solo.)

Mystics are not venomancers. The mystic lvl 100+ that try to solo a boss with devil or any summon as tank is a idiot. Go back in the veno section with your herc, you clearly don't know the mystic class.

@OP: I do remember I soloed that boss, but to be honest I don't remember what gears I had. If the boss hit you for 1-1.5k damage then you might be able to solo it with a lot of heals, pots and a good technique, if he hit for 2.5k+ then try to find someone to help you, if I remember correctly you have around 5-6k hp so if the boss hit 2.5k+ then it's to risky cause he can 2-3 shots you. With your heals any class will be able to tank it, I remember I solo healed a archer when he needed it for his culti cause he wasn't able to solo it. (poor archers, no healing skills and no bp xD)

So yea if you can't solo it no need a squad just a other person will be fine with you as healer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited April 2013
    Mystics are not venomancers. The mystic lvl 100+ that try to solo a boss with devil or any summon as tank is a idiot. Go back in the veno section with your herc, you clearly don't know the mystic class.

@OP: I do remember I soloed that boss, but to be honest I don't remember what gears I had. If the boss hit you for 1-1.5k damage then you might be able to solo it with a lot of heals, pots and a good technique, if he hit for 2.5k+ then try to find someone to help you, if I remember correctly you have around 5-6k hp so if the boss hit 2.5k+ then it's to risky cause he can 2-3 shots you. With your heals any class will be able to tank it, I remember I solo healed a archer when he needed it for his culti cause he wasn't able to solo it. (poor archers, no healing skills and no bp xD)

So yea if you can't solo it no need a squad just a other person will be fine with you as healer.

Oh, he definately 2 shot me - repeatedly. Its fair to say the party was over before it barely got started, and he totally had his way with me. *sighs* xD

Thanks for the post. b:thanks
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well im full r93 +10 flawless cit gemed wizzy and I had no trouble whatsoever soloing him while fully buffed by bm cleric barb . I suspect my gear was overkill however and that even a barebones r9+5all mstic would have no issues.
  • klys
    edited April 2013
    r9 isnt needed

full g16 isnt even needed

just try it in whatever gear you have- that's the nice part about rez balls- u can do some crazy shet without proper testing.
    edited May 2013

Please forgive my negligence. This was probably the most imformative post left on the thread.

Much thanks. b:thanksb:pleased
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Lvl. 103 Herc
    4720 HP

Lvl. 102 Devil
    6951 HP
    Soloable with a herc, wouldn't try it with a devil. (The mythical heavy armor mystic might be able to solo.)

My mystic isn't R anything, it's pure mage, and it can tank all BH bosses and solo most. Devil would be great supplemental dd so why wouldn't you use it?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    Lvl. 103 Herc
    4720 HP

Lvl. 102 Devil
    6951 HP

Great. Now compare their defenses as well since that matters a good deal in this scenario.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited May 2013
    thumbs wrote: »

My mystic isn't R anything, it's pure mage, and it can tank all BH bosses and solo most. Devil would be great supplemental dd so why wouldn't you use it?

She mean use is as a tank, it's a Venomancer that wrote that, so she think like a Venomancer and think Mystic tank with summon pets like Venomancer do with pets.

That's a common mistake of people that never played Mystic (or bad Mystics), they compare mystic's summon pets to Venomancer's pets, while they don't have the same utility.

Mystic's summon pets are not made for tank, while Venomancer's pets (Hercules) are.

Devil don't have the defense of a Hercules and could not tank what a Hercules can tank, but what the Hercules cannot tank the Mystic can, that's the difference, if a Hercules cannot tank a boss then the Venomancer won't be able to solo it, while the Mystic will be able to tank it and use the summon pets as second DD or for survivability in the case of Salvation.

For my Mystic's summon pets the stats are:

Devil:
    HP: 5299
    P.def: 6022
    M.def: 5843

Mistress:
    HP: 4657
    P.def: 4952
    M.def: 6378

My Venomancer's pets:

Hercules (mine's lvl100) self buff:
    HP: 4585
    P.def: 9952
    M.def: 7961

Phoenix (again lvl100) self buff:
    HP: 3821
    P.def: 9952
    M.def: 11942

Mystic's summon pets have a better HP, but the Venomancer's pets have a way better defenses, but if we check my mystic HP/defenses:

Mystic (I'm 102) self buff:
    HP: 7423
    P.def: 9784
    M.def: 16372 wood/water, 10731 earth/fire/metal.

Mystic self buff, cleric, barb and bm's buffs:
    HP: 9447
    P.def: 15250
    M.def: 20175 wood/water, 14534 earth/fire/metal.

So as we can see the Hercules have better defenses then Devil, but the Mystic have better defenses then the Hercules. (Mystic also have better survivability due to our heals that have a fast CD and channeling)

So it would be ridiculous for a Mystic to try to tank a boss with Devil, when the Mystic itself have better defenses and survivability then a Hercules.

So maybe as advice I would say if a Venomancer say she can tank a boss with a Hercules then the mystic should be able to solo it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013

Don't think anyone would recommend using the devil as a tank. o.O Mystic is better tank, and can use salvation if it needs more survivability, as was stated already. ^_^; That stops being a good option in the low levels, let alone end game.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zoldi - Lothranis
    Zoldi - Lothranis Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So it would be ridiculous for a Mystic to try to tank a boss with Devil, when the Mystic itself have better defenses and survivability than a Hercules

Hello.
    I do totally agree with your point but I'm not sure this is the best way to make it clear.
    There is no need to compare stats with hercule.
    Devil's stats depends of his owner's stats so you may find some devils with better stats than Hercule but you could also obsiously find some mystics weaker than hercules.
    The only thing to do for any mystic (let's say 100+ ones) is to compare his/her own stats with the ones of his/her devil (or mistress). Some will say that you can heal the summons but you can also heal yourself (more efficiently I would say).
    So depending of your level/gears there are some bosses you will be able to solo and some others not, but in any case the mystic will be a better tank than his/her summons.
    On a boss summons are just made to DD.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys sure seem to make this as an 'absolute' but it seems you're talking more from theory or single cases than experience. There are cases, when if the mystic's pdef is low enough, the Devil will have more pdef than the mystic self-buffed.

And there are cases when you're fighting melee bosses while having weak pdef that, sure you won't die because off your heals, but which require almost constant healing and which make you unable to dish out too much damage. And you will find your pet deals more damage then you and steals aggro and dies. So you have to lose time resummoning it while still healing yourself. So in this case it would be more time-effective to let your pet tank *gasp* and use the heals on him and be that extra-dd in between heals yourself. You'd finish faster.

What you're saying is true in most cases that it's more effective to be the tank yourself, I don't doubt that. But you seem to make that as an absolute thing which should never happen otherwise. And you guys really seem to forget that mystic is a versatile class. "Shouldn't" shouldn't be a word used to commonly with the mystic class. Should it?
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
    edited May 2013
    You guys sure seem to make this as an 'absolute' but it seems you're talking more from theory or single cases than experience. There are cases, when if the mystic's pdef is low enough, the Devil will have more pdef than the mystic self-buffed.

I'm lvl 102 and without any gears my Devil (lvl11) have 3,7k p.def so someone would need to have lower then 3,7k buffed to have lower then Devil and at lvl 100 it's not hard to get 4-5k p.def even at 3k p.def unbuffed you will get more p.def buffed then your Devil, if a mystic have lower then 3k p.def then he's really ungeared for his lvl. (for lvl100+)
    And there are cases when you're fighting melee bosses while having weak pdef that, sure you won't die because off your heals, but which require almost constant healing and which make you unable to dish out too much damage. And you will find your pet deals more damage then you and steals aggro and dies. So you have to lose time resummoning it while still healing yourself. So in this case it would be more time-effective to let your pet tank *gasp* and use the heals on him and be that extra-dd in between heals yourself. You'd finish faster.

As I said previously even with 3k p.def unbuffed the mystic self buffed will have more then his Devil.

If you can't tank a boss I doubt your Devil will be able, at lvl100+ unless you wear lvl30 gears you will have better HP/defenses then your Devil.

If you can't tank a boss cause you need to constantly spam heal yourself or you die, then there's no way in the world you will be able to tank it with your Devil and extra DD, you will a) be too busy healing him non-stop, cause if you wasn't able to skip one heal to DD on the boss while tanking then Devil won't be able to skip a heal as well for you to DD and/or b) you will take aggro every time you DD cause your damage vs your Devil is way higher and your Devil have nothing to keep aggro from you. So in any case your Devil will die or you will end up by getting aggro.
    What you're saying is true in most cases that it's more effective to be the tank yourself, I don't doubt that. But you seem to make that as an absolute thing which should never happen otherwise. And you guys really seem to forget that mystic is a versatile class. "Shouldn't" shouldn't be a word used to commonly with the mystic class. Should it?

Mystic is a versatile class in the sens that they can be support healer, a main DD, a main healer or w/e. Not in the way that people can play Mystic as Venomancer if they feel so.

Do at low lvl it can work to tank with Devil? Yes, but at lvl 100+ unless you have gears lvl30 then using Devil as tank is pretty much stupid and will take forever. so the best way to do it if you can't solo it yourself as tank then ask a friend to come help you and heal him.

Some Mystics have maybe trouble to find a place in squad for stuff, but when you need a culti boss or w/e then it's also the easiest class with Cleric to find someone to tank cause you can heal while other class can't and our heals are enough powerful to get any class as tank for the majority of culti boss or quests boss. (That's how we are versatile, we can turn in a main healer if needed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    The thing is no one suggested I try tanking with a Devil. They simply said they wouldn't try it with a Devil.

One can argue about that statement all they want, compare pet stats all they want, tell me I suck as a Mystic all they want...

None of that addresses the topic, regardless.

Bella told me to take one person with me, as a suggestion. Best suggestion I had seen up until that point, but in looking this pitiful excuse for a thread that helps any Mystic over - it was not complete information.

The person obviously needs to be a high HP melee class. The only person who mentioned melee at all way Mayfly.

I don't care who provides good information to people, their class is insignifcant. I don't care who in what gears felt the boss was easy, it doesnt provide any information someone can work with to accomplish a goal.

I really dont get anything beneficial from comparing pet stats between a Mystic and Veno.

The only stats that matter are, Taoya's stats on this thread, thanks all the same.

Life

1 690 586

Accuracy

Evasion

Physical Attack

8196 - 9834

Magic Attack

3467 - 4160

Physical Defense

Magic Defense

Metal: 1696

Wood: 1696

Water: 1696

Fire: 1696

Earth: 1696

Speed

Walk: 5.00

Run: 10.00

...and any realistic tips that can be provided. But, this forum is what it is. *shrugs*

I have my tips thanks to a combination of Bella and Mayfly. Cyas.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This discussion reminds me how I keep telling newbie mystics to use themselves as a tank instead of summon and use physical ornaments. The ones that played veno before don't listen. b:surrender
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Xx_BeLLa_xX Sure it's being undergeared but it is possible. And not all players have their gear ready the moment they turn 100. And even if you don't get that extra attack, instead of your pet getting aggro and dying and having to resummon it it's simpler for it to tank. But it might be me being too nit-picky. People were talking so much in absolute I just wanted to point out there's still an exception even if extreme.

@Brillance I would've said the discussion about self-tanking/pet-tanking falls into the topic you asked. But then again you asked if it's soloable for your gear and then said you tried and didn't succeed. So then what? If the only thing that's getting you killed is him getting 2 shots fast cause of lag try salvy's shield if you haven't already. Even so a 1.7m boss is gonna take a while. Healthiest way would still be to bring some friends to help.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reroll aps noob.
    edited May 2013
    @Xx_BeLLa_xX Sure it's being undergeared but it is possible. And not all players have their gear ready the moment they turn 100. And even if you don't get that extra attack, instead of your pet getting aggro and dying and having to resummon it it's simpler for it to tank. But it might be me being too nit-picky. People were talking so much in absolute I just wanted to point out there's still an exception even if extreme.

@Brillance I would've said the discussion about self-tanking/pet-tanking falls into the topic you asked. But then again you asked if it's soloable for your gear and then said you tried and didn't succeed. So then what? If the only thing that's getting you killed is him getting 2 shots fast cause of lag try salvy's shield if you haven't already. Even so a 1.7m boss is gonna take a while. Healthiest way would still be to bring some friends to help.

I honestly miss people like Marista in this forum. They had this magical way of realising they were talking to a new player, a new Mystic, an undergeared player, etc; and answered their questions as clearly and concisely as they could based on what the person presented themselves as, and the issue as.

Everything was not used as an opportunity to pat one's self on the back - whether it is at some poor noob's expense or not. The 'Hot Shots' actually cared about sounding like they knew something about the game.

Alexis, both you and Koldli have made very intelligent posts at where you came into the conversation. And no, you are not being too nit-picky. It's refreshing to see there are people who can contribute something that isn't pre-packaged in a "Look How Awesome I Am" box; and, likewise would tell me I'm a fail Mystic and have no clue what I'm talking about. Obviously I'm not the only one in this forum that has no clue.

Too bad those 'old-timers' dont make it into this forum very often anymore. Can't blame them. It's either dead, or a troll festival, or a "Let's Celebrate The Wonderment of Me! :D" moment.

I remember you from a couple years ago. It's nice to see you are still around. It would be nice for anyone making a Mystic now to see you more often. They need people here who can think on their level.

Good night. Sweet dreams all.

Reroll aps noob.

And a Naughty dream for you. b:chuckle
    edited May 2013
    Yes before you try that, attacking mobs from where they can't hit you back is indeed grounds for a ban. If the GMs happen to bother caring.

You know, CapnK - that IS quite interesting. The Genie spell, Expel, does exactly that for any Caster. It's not the exact same thing - but it is the exact same principle.

*and in the immortal tone of Porky Pig*, "Tha-tha-tha-tha...that's all folks!"
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's not even remotely the same. I'm talking about attacking an enemy from a range where they cannot retaliate against you, as venos did to kill Harpy Wraith long before it was possible to kill Harpy Wraith legitimately.