r999 NPC-able

Templar - Sanctuary
Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
People should be warrned thatr999 is NPCable bind it people if you npc no returning back.
Post edited by Templar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh God Templar, please don't tell me you NPC'd gear again >_<
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why would you go to an NPC and put your R9(rr) gear in the sell slot to begin with f:sweat
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why would you go to an NPC and put your R9(rr) gear in the sell slot to begin with f:sweat

Fuzzy was kind of curious about that himself..... b:question

All rank gear may not drop on death etc but says nothing about not being able to be sold.. perhaps there is a reason for that?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I can see it happening by confusing the R999 gear for an R999 mold from a different class. PWE in their infinite wisdom decided to make the molds and the gear visually identical.

If you remind them of this fact in a ticket I'm sure they would replace your R999 though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy was kind of curious about that himself..... b:question

All rank gear may not drop on death etc but says nothing about not being able to be sold.. perhaps there is a reason for that?

Accidents happen.

If you use the individual repair button on an R9 piece in your inventory (because you swapped it out to wear some -interval gear), and then you start selling junk from your inventory, and you accidentally didn't click the repair button properly, then **** happens.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can see it happening by confusing the R999 gear for an R999 mold from a different class. PWE in their infinite wisdom decided to make the molds and the gear visually identical.

If you remind them of this fact in a ticket I'm sure they would replace your R999 though.

And why would you not have your gear equipped rather than having it in your inventory f:sweat
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And why would you not have your gear equipped rather than having it in your inventory f:sweat

Some people switch pieces for interval of w/e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013

R9 S3 can be swapped out for -interval gear, or weapon alternatives.

For example, a BM might use both claws and axes. However, it is currently impossible in this game to equip both claws and axes at the same time (try it, I dare you!). If he picks up a weapon mold that matches the weapon in the inventory, this can make things really confusing.

Also, someone might have, say, a Nirvana S3 mold that's highly refined, and an unrefined R9 S3 mold that the player is currently re-rolling for good bonuses. Or, maybe the player has a full Nirvana S3 armor set, and wants to keep the set bonuses while (s)he is still accumulating the rest of the R9 S3 set. In this case, it makes sense that the player is not equipping the R9 S3 item.

I am unsure why people are unable to think of reasonable scenarios for players to have an R9 S3 item in their inventory.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It gives a warning when selling...

To add another "prevention" of sorts, password your gear/inventory. I forgot which it was.

Whenever you try to sell *any* gear, a password prompt will come up, however once you put the password in, your inventory is "unlocked" until you log off, so be mindful of that.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2013

To add another "prevention" of sorts, password your gear/inventory. I forgot which it was.

Whenever you try to sell *any* gear, a password prompt will come up, however once you put the password in, your inventory is "unlocked" until you log off, so be mindful of that.

The current warning comes up for basically anything that isn't white named and doesn't mean much.

Personally I don't think that the failures of the devs should be overlooked because even if the mistake is easilly avoidable it is still possible, and shouldn't be possible to begin with.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you're about to NPC any gear apart from white star, it should come up with a msg instead of saying "This is a rare item" it should really say what the actual gear name is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you're about to NPC any gear apart from white star, it should come up with a msg instead of saying "This is a rare item" it should really say what the actual gear name is.

white star npc after level 40s also state that it's rare
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know that there have been occasions where people have gotten into other people's accounts, for whatever/however reason, and NPC'd the other persons gear, including r9+s and etc. Personally I don't think r9/r9rr/r9rrr gear once made (aka not the molds) should even be NPCable.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think it also depends how long ago you got it. I got my r9 weapon and a couple armor pieces after NW came out, and they say, in green "unable to be sold" among the other things you are unable to do with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It say that for everything now that people don't read that anymore.

As Asterelle said a lot of items have the same design, not only R9rr.

But also mistakes can happen, one time I npced my wines for bh cause I was not focus and had a lot of **** in my inventory, but it was just wines nothing important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People should be warrned thatr999 is NPCable bind it people if you npc no returning back.

thanks for the note. sometimes people dont do it because they are dumb; mistakes can happen. it is a good thing you pointed it out.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I actually bind ALL of my gears at this point, and have been since ~85 or so? My r6+12 that i used to get trolled about all the time also said does not drop on death, but i bound that too, for 2 reasons. 1. so i dont accidentally npc it. 2. so if i ever do get ****, THEY cant just npc stuff and i got 3 days to save my b:fatb ! Matter of fact, i bound my warsoul first cast as soon as i made the thing... BIND BIND BIND!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I almost npc'd my third cast r9 gloves, once, because they got knocked off in a NW and I didn't realize it. Luckily I double checked before confirming it but, as people said, accidents do happen. I've been told submitting a ticket can sometimes get your gear back.
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It does not even hurt to "READ THE FLIPPING DESCRIPTION BEFORE SELLING YOU NUMBSKULL" . His fault to even bother NPC-ing it by mistake because he had to rush NPCing stuff in his inventory.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sheesh, I would probably faint if I NPCed my third cast *~* Such a horrible thought!
    So glad it's all bound ._.

R9 though is not NPCable right? So why isn't that the case with Third Cast? f:confused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It does not even hurt to "READ THE FLIPPING DESCRIPTION BEFORE SELLING YOU NUMBSKULL" . His fault to even bother NPC-ing it by mistake because he had to rush NPCing stuff in his inventory.

The fact is, errors happen. To believe that it never will and to pretend that you're somehow holier-than-thou is idiotic. Trust me, I have no sympathy for people that pick the incorrect cultivation, as there is plenty of warning prior to making the selection (as well as two different NPCs in different locations); but, this isn't the same scenario. There is also no reason to pass off the laziness of the developers on the players. That's bad game design.

R9 though is not NPCable right? So why isn't that the case with Third Cast? f:confused

I've never tried to NPC any of my rank 9 gear, but it doesn't have the "Unable to be sold" restriction.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    I've never tried to NPC any of my rank 9 gear, but it doesn't have the "Unable to be sold" restriction.

Well i haven't tried to NPC mine either, 'xD
    But someone told me that you weren't able to NPC it, maybe that info was wrong...
    What they said exactly was; "You used to be able to NPC your R9 until they changed it, that is why older players have their R9 bound."

Could be complete bull, I'm not sure though. o.o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    R9 is NPC-able, with the ring being an exception. Which is why I bound it all. What if I got **** and they got my safety code? Oh lawdy no npcing my R9 no sir!
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    R9 is NPC-able, with the ring being an exception. Which is why I bound it all. What if I got **** and they got my safety code? Oh lawdy no npcing my R9 no sir!

Okay, someone told me that had changed, guess it was bull**** :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't even get the mirages from Dancing Sparkle from the NPC, but you can NPC R9 stuff -wow!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.