Help! I'm a veno trapped in a Mystic body.

Options
Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Mystic
Greetings all and welcome. I am a long time veno user but I have tried all the other classes to 50 and decided to have a mystic as my "go to" toon while my veno is doing the 2hr afk event.

Mystic puzzles me because it reminds me of the other classes and I feel the need to use my pure int veno build for the mystic because I am burring up mana.

So where do I put my points?

Also I will be alone here so I require the build for me to solo what I can while not running out of mana .

Links to forum posts is nice. No need to put in a lengthy post unless you feel like it. I don't want to be a pain because this must have been asked to death.

Also,,,, what item drop will I need and how many for my flyer?

thanks for the help. I will be on the slow path here so maybe I will see ya around sometime.
b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
Post edited by Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Majority of mystic are pure magic, so all points in magic and minimum str to be able to wear gears. (at end game it's around 50-55 str depend on gears plan and if your ornament give you some)

It's not the only build, but it's the most popular to be pure magic AA.

Items drop, you mean gears and ornaments? Well if you can't get dreamchaser pack at low level keep AA good pieces and protection ornament, some people use channeling ornament, but it lower your defense a lot.

The thing to remember is our summon pets are not as tanky as veno's pets, you are the tank, not your summon pets.

For flyer it depend, at level 30 you will get one from a quest, then if you want to buy a flyer more fast then ofc it will cost more, but I think the fastest (affordable) mystic flyer is around 20m (depend on which server) and it's the 3.0. The 3.3 ones come from packs and are usually sold for 150m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All mages are ideally pure mag.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    the 2hr afk event.
    The... what?

Also, I'm not sure what you're asking? If a mag build is right for a caster? Isn't that, well, the norm? Sure other builds can work, but I'm really confused as to why you might think anything other than pure magic would be the 'basic' build... Sure, you mention veno, and venos can be pretty much anything, but they're also not purely casters - foxform stuff is melee-based. Anyway, on the whole the basic build is 1 str 9 mag every 2 levels, so a str point every other lvl, and alternating 4 and 5 mag. You will want to slow up on str a bit towards endgame, most likely, to compensate for gear adding str. Unless you are happy to restat, save yourself some money by planning gear way ahead of time, and statting accordingly.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    From the sticky: Managing Maddening Mystical Mayhem, pg 1, post #3, 1st paragraph - by Marista (at the top of the forum page) -

II. Stats and Builds

Like wizards and clerics, mystics can be considered a "full magic class" in that a point of vitality only gives 10 HP. This is the lowest tier, making vitality a stat of limited usefulness, but one which some may wish to invest points in. Strength is entirely useless beyond the amount required to wear the class of armor desired; the physical defense boost from strength is negligible. Dexterity is an entirely useless stat to any mystic not choosing to wear light Armor, unless he or she is using gear such as the TT99 boots which give dex. In these cases, a mystic might include enough to reach the nearest multiple of 20 for the 1% crit, but the crit is not worth the wasted points without such items being present.
    This leads to the selection of armor types.

If what you are asking is - if its okay to put a few points Vit?

It is. If you feel weak or unstable, as a low level, or because of having lesser gears. As has been stated on the thread, your ultimate goal will be a Pure Magic build, so if you do put points in Vit, plan to reset at least once when you reach your endgame goal.

If you feel no difficulty at all as you progress, continue with the Pure Magic all along, but there is nothing wrong with putting a FEW points in Vit initially.

There are other reasons to use Vit, like planning to gear your Mystic in Light Armor, but since you already play a Veno, there is surely no reason to do that.

Best bet for your Mystic is having as many points in Magic as you can and using arcane armor. Your mana will be easier to manage. Your hits will be stronger. Your heals will be stronger. Pure Magic build and AA are the best. With Arcane Armor you worry about Physical Defence, your armor takes care of Magic Defense for you.
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If what you are asking is - if its okay to put a few points Vit?
    They didn't even mention vit D:
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
    edited April 2013
    Options
    They didn't even mention vit D:

"I feel the need to use my pure int veno build for the mystic because I am burring up mana."

I know Marid. They mentioned Int, which in another game stands for Intelligence/Intellect, and is used by Magic classes. If I recall correctly (havent played that game in more than 2 years) Intellect is a bit more than basic Magic in that game - non-casters can use it too. So, like you, I wasnt exactly clear on what the question was. Magic and Intellect really cant be compared, except where mana is concerned. The mechanics between that game and this one are vastly different.

They also asked to point to other posts in the forum. So, I pointed to another post in the forum, and I included the option of Vit, since we have no idea what the level of their Mystic is. We also have no idea what gears they are shooting for at end game, or if as a lower level they are having any issues with survivability.

Pure Magic with 54 - 55 Str is the basic build for an AA Mystic at end game, as everyone knows, except for new players. All we know is they are using Int to burrow up mana. Magic does more than burrow up mana.

I forgot to mention the summons will perform better too with a pure magic build. :p
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    "Int" is actually the MY-EN term for magic.

Also, with nowadays awesome gear for all level ranges, pure magic is the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Statted my soon to be 100 mystic HA s3 and it will also sport the s3 glaive of nirvana with over 11k pdef,little under 8k mana and unbuffed mag attack close to 9k,not to bad.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    "Int" is actually the MY-EN term for magic.

Okay. Never heard it used in PWI. *shrugs, and wonders if the MY-EN version was cheaper to play*

I would ask what they felt it stood for, but that would just be trivia.

Statted my soon to be 100 mystic HA s3 and it will also sport the s3 glaive of nirvana with over 11k pdef,little under 8k mana and unbuffed mag attack close to 9k,not to bad.

Good luck with it Pop.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Gonna disguise it with some AA armor for the final lvls to 100.It will be able to wear AA and HA.Its just for fun and my last spot to fill on my account.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Gonna disguise it with some AA armor for the final lvls to 100.It will be able to wear AA and HA.Its just for fun and my last spot to fill on my account.

Fun is what games are supposed to be about. I personally like thinking outside of the accepted 'box', although it may not be anyone's best idea for a Main char in this game. Trust me! This nab has tried. xD

I remember an HA Mystic not so long ago, that wanted to go HA to help protect his squad's cleric in TW, and keep it healed and buffed, while making himself harder to 1-shot in the process. Sounded like fun to me. ^.^
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well got the mystic from level 70-94 and 87% off my orbs.got it sporting tt80 gold HA and tt80 arcane (+5 with perfect hp stones untill i get to 100 just some gear i had available to use)gear with the level 85 aqua dash good glaive.Now I'm leveling up all skills and completing cultivations.lol can't wait to actually get into some action!