Server Log in issues

BDoomed - Archosaur
BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Support Desk
Is there an issue with the server ? like any problems ? am getting pings to some and nothing at all to a few, and some are over rated lag...
Post edited by BDoomed - Archosaur on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like my cat shop lagged out a while ago but currently I have connectivity to all servers and low ping times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arzyrion
    arzyrion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there an issue with the server ? like any problems ? am getting pings to some and nothing at all to a few, and some are over rated lag...

Why is server so lag atm hangout and then lagging out suddently i dc 3 times and whe ni try log in i dc right away LOL!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Since it's been almost a month past the last time I posted this.........
    People are starting to hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until I have more information and it's partially educational as well.....

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of months ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Also, post a copy of a traceroute to the server.
    In other words...
    The servers are doing just fine. I'm not even getting more than 150ms direct ping to the Europe server.

Post a Traceroute, information on how you're connected on your network, and possibly even a link to a Speccy profile (all taken at the time you're having the issue), and I will gladly poke around the information and give you advice on how to fix your lag issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caleviel
    caleviel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since it's been almost a month past the last time I posted this.........

In other words...
    The servers are doing just fine. I'm not even getting more than 150ms direct ping to the Europe server.

Post a Traceroute, information on how you're connected on your network, and possibly even a link to a Speccy profile (all taken at the time you're having the issue), and I will gladly poke around the information and give you advice on how to fix your lag issues.

This was a server problem since a lot of people had this problem at the same time on different servers. I'm on Sanctuary and another on was on Heaven's tear.

So no connectivity problems on our side but on the server side.

The problem seems to be solved tho coz the game is running smoothly again
  • kaleya
    kaleya Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As of lately, I've had a long delay when I try and log into my account. I've been getting several "Server Network Error" and it takes about 2-3 minutes for the game to actually log me in. I've never had this issue in the past, and I believe there's nothing wrong with my internet because I can still browse the web AND my alt shop never disconnects when I receive the error. There has to be some issue on the server side..

To the post above, it doesn't seem to be fixed because I just got another one of these errors 5 minutes ago and I have ~1k ping (which is very abnormal).