Cost of Glory Warsoul Swords

Options
Raphxelion - Raging Tide
Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
b:victory before you all start saying warsoul path sucks and im a nab for getting it when i could have gotten full r9...at-least they look cool! plus enough nws and u can farm it
BEHOLD
[URL="[URL=http://s672.photobucket.com/user/lagdance/media/2013-04-2601-54-53_zps4fbc9b40.png.html][IMG]http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2013-04-2601-54-53_zps4fbc9b40.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]2013-04-2601-54-53_zps4fbc9b40.png

and
[URL="[URL=http://s672.photobucket.com/user/lagdance/media/2013-04-2602-01-40_zps2502a50f.png.html][IMG]http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2013-04-2602-01-40_zps2502a50f.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]2013-04-2602-01-40_zps2502a50f.png
and

[URL="[URL=http://s672.photobucket.com/user/lagdance/media/2013-04-2601-54-44_zpsb5c474d9.png.html][IMG]http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2013-04-2601-54-44_zpsb5c474d9.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]2013-04-2601-54-44_zpsb5c474d9.png

General Thoughts on the Weapon for those saving to get it. (update)

- Astral Ballad hits harder than these, so don't expect something op like r9
- Seeker Stances makes the weapon proc extremly low (sometimes i don't use my seeker stance, depends on the situation)
- takes 2mirages to refine them and they are FULLY trade-able

Really if you get these swords don't refine them high, get the Cast 2 first before you refine high (working on this) and thank you to all the congrtz

ill add more info on how they do in pk and nw later :D

Thoughts on Weapon after NW:

hmm...to be honest im going to say they sucked, i was hitting 2k-5k damage on people
Sometimes i would hit 15k damage not crit (r9.3 psychics or casters)

The pierce proc isn't really worth it...procs once in a blue moon, now add the fact that seeker stances lower proc rate and fact that we cant APS...chances are you wont get proc on seeker while pking

Very hard weapon to use, they really aren't great lol, I'm desperate for the duals(Cast 2 Swords), hopefully i can get it tonight, if not tomorrow, or next month

Made another thread for Cast 2: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1590701 added this for those interested in this weapon.
Post edited by Raphxelion - Raging Tide on

Comments

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Options
    b:victory before you all start saying warsoul path sucks and im a nab for getting it when i could have gotten full r9...at-least they look cool! plus enough nws and u can farm it

Gratz !

And don't mind those people, looks is a major factor in weapon choice b:mischievous
  • ____BM____ - Sanctuary
    ____BM____ - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So what you have done is made yourself quite pointless as a r9t3 seeker with that weapon.... Grats b:laugh
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So what you have done is made yourself quite pointless as a r9t3 seeker with that weapon.... Grats b:laugh
    exactly :D bring the hate!!!!
  • LiaArrow - Raging Tide
    LiaArrow - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    graaaaaatz stalkur! :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ V i c i o u s ♥
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    gratz, are u planning to make the second stage weapon with it?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • OHelixSykar - Archosaur
    OHelixSykar - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Congratz! Looks very niceb:dirty
    -oHelixSykar
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Gratz, the sword looks pretty awesome. I think this is first cost of glory I seen in Raging Tides. b:victory
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thoughts about the Weapon:

Well Astral Ballad i would say is better than this weapon lol. With Astral i hit harder :D

I plan on getting the second recast next month, we'll see how that goes compared to rank9 (no dual high attack level swords yet so should be comparable with r9) although i believe r9 will win the weapon just looks bad ***
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Congrats to you.

And others, should not bring on the hate. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Gratz buddy! Looks awesome, and if you need to test it on a barb, hit me up in game! b:laugh

As far as r9r4 goes, those weapons look scary. Saw them on PW Database, and was like daaaammn! f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited April 2013
    Options
    they look cool lol, see how it does in nw
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Gratz buddy! Looks awesome, and if you need to test it on a barb, hit me up in game! b:laugh

As far as r9r4 goes, those weapons look scary. Saw them on PW Database, and was like daaaammn! f:laugh

R9R4 doesn't exist (yet) b:bye
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    R9R4 doesn't exist (yet) b:bye

Yes because R10 will be coming...

SOON

On topic: Gratz on the weapon. b:victory
    Anyone that hates on you must not know what wanting to do something fun and/or different means. Not everyone wants to be a cookie cutter when they grow up D:
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    they look cool lol, see how it does in nw
    VERY GRATZEES RAPHY f:cute
    Gratz on the weapon. b:victory
    Anyone that hates on you must not know what wanting to do something fun and/or different means. Not everyone wants to be a cookie cutter when they grow up D:
    And to add to this, there are some stats' set ups that are actually impossible with the full r9.3 / r9rr set. So any haters can put that in their pipe and smoke it f:naughty So Raphy, I'll race ya to recast b:sin And please don't go easy on me in nw... I lick it rough f:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i think that weapon looks nice, yea. and sure warsoul<r9 series, but pwi always changes and who knows, maybe pwi might make a series for warsoul that is better than the r9s
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The biggest advantage, that seems to be overlooked, is that the Warsoul weap is available for use at level 80, instead of 101 for R9. Too bad, by the time I farmed one, my seeker would be 101 anyhow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Guess you can roll an alt and faceroll the 80s Tourney. /o\
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Guess you can roll an alt and faceroll the 80s Tourney. /o\

actually, dont lvl80s get a buff in NW? it would be interesting to investigate the capabilities of a lowbie warsoul glass cannon build
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i think that weapon looks nice, yea. and sure warsoul<r9 series, but pwi always changes and who knows, maybe pwi might make a series for warsoul that is better than the r9s

Here's a thought...

Maybe the next set of weapons will require warsoul weapon to be used with r9s3 weapon to make Godly OP next generation weapons!!! :O

b:shocked
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    - takes 2mirages to refine them and they are FULLY trade-able

o.O O.o O.O
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    o.O O.o O.O

Silly Ruvil. Warsoul weapons have always been tradable. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes because R10 will be coming...

SOON

Everyone been thinking of r10 after a year since r9 came out, it doesn't look like its really going to happen. Moreover, r9 has 3 tiers and nirvy had 3 tiers as well, meaning the new gears is expected to be r9r3 and NirvyT4 or even r8r2, but first they have to increase the gear grade to 17+ . Therefore, we can't have r10 yet until the gear grade is increase to 17, and yes there is no gears in the game with g17 (even gears over lvl 105+), only GM weapon is g20 and is not obtainable. This is should pretty much solve the mystery why there is no r10 yet.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Everyone been thinking of r10 after a year since r9 came out, it doesn't look like its really going to happen. Moreover, r9 has 3 tiers and nirvy had 3 tiers as well, meaning the new gears is expected to be r9r3 and NirvyT4 or even r8r2, but first they have to increase the gear grade to 17+ . Therefore, we can't have r10 yet until the gear grade is increase to 17, and yes there is no gears in the game with g17 (even gears over lvl 105+), only GM weapon is g20 and is not obtainable. This is should pretty much solve the mystery why there is no r10 yet.

That was just a joke...

The soon part should have been obvious. D:
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Congrats!

When you upgrade them, you'll have two swords! XD
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    actually, dont lvl80s get a buff in NW? it would be interesting to investigate the capabilities of a lowbie warsoul glass cannon build

It seems like an exercise in frustration, though :<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

I've thought about this long and hard, and it's not worth the 20 attack and defense levels you gain from the NW buff. The 21+ extra level difference with R9, as well as level 11 skills, is still a huge gap, even with a Warsoul recast weapon and the buff.

But I will say that it would be very fun to do, regardless!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I've thought about this long and hard, and it's not worth the 20 attack and defense levels you gain from the NW buff. The 21+ extra level difference with R9, as well as level 11 skills, is still a huge gap, even with a Warsoul recast weapon and the buff.

But I will say that it would be very fun to do, regardless!

I will say thought that I expect you would get some great results with this. Once I gear up my bm enough to be able to afford such things, which is a long ways away, I do intend to test that out as the maths behind it has not met my personal experience with lowbies in NW. If a level 60 in npc gears can pull off 106 tokens before the map was even changed and baselocking was the norm, I'm sure a level 80 in TT80 gold with the warsoul weapon could do very well. If someone out there has the warsoul weapon and still has gamma alts to try this out on, i'd be curious to hear your results keeping in mind that you'd likely do better with r999 but that the goal isn't to out perform r999 it's to outperform most others.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @OP I saw you when you were AFK at south bank when I was bored and on a lvl 1 cleric flying to archo to see random people on different servers :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."