Removing name of person which manufactured item

Tetream - Lost City
Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Someone just linked a 2nd cast nv dagger in world chat - with no name on it. How can you remove the name of the person which manufactured/rerolled weapon (just blank, without overwriting it with ink)?
Post edited by Tetream - Lost City on

Comments

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone just linked a 2nd cast nv dagger in world chat - with no name on it. How can you remove the name of the person which manufactured/rerolled weapon (just blank, without overwriting it with ink)?

Just enter a space in the ink window thingy? or some special char that's invisible, it works on forums to blank post as well, not sure what it was anymore though
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My only guess is that they found a special character that displays as a blank space that happened to bypass their special character detection system, and used ink to overwrite it, since ink gets rid of the "Manufactured by" as well.
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    But how did he get rid of the two " ?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From what I recall, the ink still leaves the "" marks even if it was entered in with blank spaces... My best guess would be that someone npced it and they sent in a ticket and a GM refunded them the stats they had before, I've seen nameless items since long long before ink was released.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    From what I recall, the ink still leaves the "" marks even if it was entered in with blank spaces... My best guess would be that someone npced it and they sent in a ticket and a GM refunded them the stats they had before, I've seen nameless items since long long before ink was released.

kk thx, never recognized that before. Maybe I should npc some stuff accidently, names are ugly if it's not your own b:laugh.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    kk thx, never recognized that before. Maybe I should npc some stuff accidently, names are ugly if it's not your own b:laugh.

Yeah, but you're making a gamble as to whether you get a GM that will give you a decent replacement, a blank replacement, or a replacement at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably the weapon spontaneously generated, ex nihilo, and somebody picked it up for free. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Probably the weapon spontaneously generated, ex nihilo, and somebody picked it up for free. b:chuckle

Like the whale in HHGTTG? b:laugh
    When fb blessing page isn't manipulable again b:shocked, this shouldn't work..
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you make an item then delete the character, does the name still remain on the said item?
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    If you make an item then delete the character, does the name still remain on the said item?

I doubt that items which you manufactured are in any way connected with your account/character. Wouldn't make sense imo.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah seems like the case of an accidental NPCing and the weapon being replaced after a ticket. It would make sense then that it has no name on it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To delete the "manufactered by (insert name)" use those new inks for gear. Many people deleted the name of the original crafter and left it blank, like a friend of mine. I don't know how they do it, because I haven't even bought those inks yet, but I'm sure it's no rocket science. Probably they just use spaces.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    To delete the "manufactered by (insert name)" use those new inks for gear. Many people deleted the name of the original crafter and left it blank, like a friend of mine. I don't know how they do it, because I haven't even bought those inks yet, but I'm sure it's no rocket science. Probably they just use spaces.
    See:

Also assuming it was a replaced weapon.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sheynea - Sanctuary
    Sheynea - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can clear this up, you can easily remove a name from a crafted weapon by using 5 of the signature inks at the seamstress.

You just have to leave the field for the text blank (not even a space) and click confirm, you even get a notice saying, that the gear will lose it's signature if continued.

Taadaa, nothing there, no signature, text or even "".
  • Tetream - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    I can clear this up, you can easily remove a name from a crafted weapon by using 5 of the signature inks at the seamstress.

You just have to leave the field for the text blank (not even a space) and click confirm, you even get a notice saying, that the gear will lose it's signature if continued.

Taadaa, nothing there, no signature, text or even "".

K, interesting, thx. But why 5 inks? When V4liance introduced the ink he showed a signature with just four characters.

Btw does anyone know the maximum lenght which your signature can have? Can you enter several words, separated with spaces?

Tbh I would like the signature WAY more if it wouldn't have quotation marks. And when you could select font and size of font. Chinese characters might also look cool. Atm I'd just use it to remove a name.
  • Sheynea - Sanctuary
    Sheynea - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    K, interesting, thx. But why 5 inks?

Btw does anyone know the maximum lenght which your signature can have? Can you enter several words, separated with spaces?

5 inks is the minimum you have to use, even if you just want to put 1 or 2 letters, signs or whatever in. (PWI needs some minimum money)

Maximum is if I remember right 17 spaces you can freely use for multiple words or also punctuation marks.

And yeah if you put something, it'll always have the quote marks, that's a bit stupid. :/
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I've seen this kind of daggers in a catshop quite awhile ago, long before inks were introduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What surprised me the most about this SS is that there's written "Recquired class: Sin." and not "assassin" like on other stuffs... O.O
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've seen nameless items since long long before ink was released.

Bingo. This.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray