Best seeker skills combo

weizheng84
weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Seeker
Hi all, wouldl like to ask for your advise..

What is the best combo to use for PVE?
Post edited by weizheng84 on

Comments

• Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is no best combo for pve. Seekers are a very flexible class and have a lot of debuff and support skills that shine under certain situations. You have to be able to think and select your sword stance and combos based on what role you are filling in for the squad, what members are in your squad, and even debuffs from the boss/mobs you face. To pick up the basics, it is best to take some time to go beat up mobs with as many combos as you can possibly think of. Find melee, ranged, groups to aoe, mobs above your level/high hp roaming mobs, and even mobs that debuff you to get a good sample and learn what works best against which mob. The rest you will pick up as you play the class in squads. To start you off, here is the basic combo chain most high level seekers will use when debuffing a boss:

Soulsever Minuet -> Heart Shatter+Mind Shatter+Soul shatter -> autoattack/skillspam until boss is marked -> Blade Affinity+Gemini Slash, -> Northern Sky Waltz -> (autoattack/skillspam until boss is marked -> Staggering strike) and repeat the combo in parenthesis until boss is dead.

If you are a lower level, use:
    Northern Sky Waltz -> Heart Shatter+Mind Shatter -> (autoattack/skillspam until boss is marked -> Staggering strike) and repeat the combo in parenthesis until boss is dead.

If you have quid pro quo, you can do all kinds of interesting things with it like debuffing yourself with your own genie, skills, or apothecary and transfer it to a boss along with most debuffs the boss puts on you. I like to transfer debuffs once I mark a mob then use staggering strike to chain the debuffs with the def level reduction.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    There is no best combo for pve. Seekers are a very flexible class and have a lot of debuff and support skills that shine under certain situations. You have to be able to think and select your sword stance and combos based on what role you are filling in for the squad, what members are in your squad, and even debuffs from the boss/mobs you face. To pick up the basics, it is best to take some time to go beat up mobs with as many combos as you can possibly think of. Find melee, ranged, groups to aoe, mobs above your level/high hp roaming mobs, and even mobs that debuff you to get a good sample and learn what works best against which mob. The rest you will pick up as you play the class in squads. To start you off, here is the basic combo chain most high level seekers will use when debuffing a boss:

Soulsever Minuet -> Heart Shatter+Mind Shatter+Soul shatter -> autoattack/skillspam until boss is marked -> Blade Affinity+Gemini Slash, -> Northern Sky Waltz -> (autoattack/skillspam until boss is marked -> Staggering strike) and repeat the combo in parenthesis until boss is dead.

If you are a lower level, use:
    Northern Sky Waltz -> Heart Shatter+Mind Shatter -> (autoattack/skillspam until boss is marked -> Staggering strike) and repeat the combo in parenthesis until boss is dead.

If you have quid pro quo, you can do all kinds of interesting things with it like debuffing yourself with your own genie, skills, or apothecary and transfer it to a boss along with most debuffs the boss puts on you. I like to transfer debuffs once I mark a mob then use staggering strike to chain the debuffs with the def level reduction.
    +1 to this

It's why I love playing my Seeker so much. I don't use macros for him because everything is so situational. Even with the debuffs on bosses. It's a class that works best when you are very aware of the situation, what's happening, and what you, and those around you, need to succeed the most. It's just too bad that most of the classes debuffs don't work in PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heart shatter with Soulsever, blade affinity gemini slash fortify sac slash qpq ion spike master li EB cloud erupt vortex until EB runs out, then get out

just theorycrafting b:surrender
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I'm doing my dailies I cycle these three skills:
    Rock split, Staggering, and Battousia for single targeting. (You can use heartseeker or arme nier for your initial attack skill before cycling these three skills.)

For Grouped:
    Blade Affinity -> Gemini -> Ion Spike (If you got the chi)
    (Magic and Range) then use my three spammable skills to kill each one at a time.
    (Physical) then use darkcloud and stalagstrike.

For Increased Life and Increase Defense, I use heartshatter to kill them faster, but for only those mobs.
    For mobs I stick with Parchedblade Dance.

Bosses:
    1. Vortexing during boss.
    Use Soulsever Minuet and Gemini to get those debuff in, use your heart shatter, mind shatter, soul shatter (if you have a psy or wizard in squad, time it with HF), then proceed to vortex.
    Attack till stance debuff -> Blade Affinity -> Heart Shatter -> Mind Shatter ->Soul Shatter -> Gemini -> Vortex. (You will be surprised that you can fit this all into 6 secs)

2. Stun and Interrupt Bosses.
    Use Soulsever Minuet and get that stance debuff on the boss, use blade affinity to quickly use all your trio debuff and gemini. Then switch to Northern Sky Waltz, spam Rock split, Staggering, and Battousia, and spark if needed.

Aoe During Pulls:
    1. For FC, it's easy blade affinity and vortex, use Parchedblade Dance if you want that stun if you decide to stop vortexing.

2. Pulls that interrupt vortex (usually FWS type of deal)
    I recommend Parchedblade Dance for stunnable mobs and Soulsever Minuet for unstunnable mobs.
    My method is to use Blade affinity then Edged blur and then Blood thirsty blitz for that aoe agro, Darkcloud, stalagstrike, and gemini, this is where blade affinity buff ends, but continue to use Ion spike though, and darkcloud and stalagstrike should be ready to use again. (This will cost 3 sparks)
    Other option is Sage unfetter -> Ironguard -> Blade Affinity -> Vortex.

Quid Pro Quo:
    I'll pull an easy example. In FWS for example, the water boss usually debuff you with slow attack and channeling, bounce it back at them. The wood boss would use an aoe DoT (sometimes), you can actually reflect this back. In final boss, when that water boss is summoned and debuff you, bounce it back on incarnate.
  • weizheng84
    weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks all for the replies... Will try them out... b:pleased