For those who think people arent cheating at NW

Options
thatguy123456
thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Chronicles
This isn't the first time I've come across things like this.
-quote removed-

It irks me that when i play by the rules and don't exploit the system i'm penalized.
Post edited by thatguy123456 on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Erm... your link leads to a page where there's a whole post typed out in the box that you type in to make a new post, not the actual post.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Erm... your link leads to a page where there's a whole post typed out in the box that you type in to make a new post, not the actual post.

otherwise know as irrefutable truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatguy123456
    edited April 2013
    Options

I see what i did by accident and it has been fixed.

I'm trying to make it easier for those who want to see the context so i am not accused of just QQing.

This person makes a reference to going into NW, purposely DC-ing to join another nation. Since the nations are previously balanced doing this repeatedly will get them eventually in the nation of their choice, throwing off the whole point of the balance.

How is this fair?

This is just one example i wanted to bring up because it is blatant. I've seen inferences of others, but they are never sufficiently explained to be pointed out so i won't waste people's time.
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sure I'm for this, if they remove archers purge. Thing is purfy proc is what brought casters back into the game, before it was oh just stun and than the caster would die unless that caster had super epic gear.
  • thatguy123456
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sure I'm for this, if they remove archers purge. Thing is purfy proc is what brought casters back into the game, before it was oh just stun and than the caster would die unless that caster had super epic gear.

This thread isn't about the proc.. please stay on topic :D
  • ODANG - Lost City
    ODANG - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I see what i did by accident and it has been fixed.

I'm trying to make it easier for those who want to see the context so i am not accused of just QQing.

This person makes a reference to going into NW, purposely DC-ing to join another nation. Since the nations are previously balanced doing this repeatedly will get them eventually in the nation of their choice, throwing off the whole point of the balance.

How is this fair?

This is just one example i wanted to bring up because it is blatant. I've seen inferences of others, but they are never sufficiently explained to be pointed out so i won't waste people's time.

Where do you see that they purposely DCd? -name removed- just wrote that they DCd. Seems like you need to read more carefully.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Seriously? That's not how I read that post at all.

First off, she used the term "dc" which refers to a disconnection not done on purpose. If it were done on purpose, that would be relogging.... not dcing.

Secondly, it seems pretty clear that this group started as one squad wanting to join one nation together, but half of them ended up being hit by the NW bug that d/cs people upon entry. So, while they managed to resquad, those that d/ced ended up in different nations from those that didn't. Thus she ended up fighting her squadmates.

I have no idea what you are getting angry about. There is no way to possibly get in the nation you want by relogging or d/cing.... once you have entered, you are there until you leave (upon which you can't get back in).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't see anything in that post about deliberately DCing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This isn't the first time I've come across things like this.

-removed-

It irks me that when i play by the rules and don't exploit the system i'm penalized.

There is no way to puposefully DC after entering NW to switch nations if you DC after entering you'll be stuck in the nation you got before you DC. What I think they meant was DCing when they tele in half the squad went to one nation and the rest DCed at the NPC you get the quest at to tele in and they resquad and teled in and got a different nation then the other half of their squad.
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It doesn't say they cheated, it says they disconnected. That could easily mean just a regular innocent disconnect that has happened to numerous players in all manner of instances, including things like RB. And even if it were cheating, attempting to defame someone with cheating accusations in this manner is against the rules anyway. If you suspect someone of cheating something, submit a ticket. You'd need better proof than that though. For those reasons, I'm closing this.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.