Seeker weapon question

blaufox2411
blaufox2411 Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Seeker
Soon I'll be getting to level 80. And I was wondering what weapon I would buy...

Couldn't really find a thread where they discussed level 80 weapons for seekers...
Post edited by blaufox2411 on

Comments

• Niobus - Archosaur
    Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that's because most people don't stay 80 long enough to think about it.. OK, but let me answer the question:

if you have tones of money and search for sth. to spend it buy buy a warsoul weapon or even better recast 2 of it (warsoul recast 2)

if you don't have that much money I can recommend Shinrotwins.

Generally: The more dmg the better. Don't bother getting APS. Beeing a 5 APS seeker is a myth you wont reach, at least not at 80, that's for sure. That makes dual blades or dual swords the first choice...

If you don't wont to buy a weapon and got enough divines, there is a lvl 81 divine sword. Not as good as Shinrotwins, but usable and for free.

Hope that helped you.. For 90 it's the same btw. Just replace the TT80 with TT90. If you than have more money but not as much for warsoul you can buy R6 than, but it's wast of money if you don't get the Badges cheap. From 85 you might consider a FC weapon. Also not bad..

So, all in all, take what you can get cheap... It's not so important. If you wana go Warsoul as endgame weapon you can buy it now. But for all otehr weapons it wont be endgame so don't think about it too much.
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To be honest, I would go with the cheapest chain from you TT weapon to save money. Here is my weapon progression, Petrified Femur -> Ghoulish -> DragonBlade, but here is what good about this chain. From Dragonblade you can get Firelotus or Devilblade.

Firelotus is TT90 gold with Sacrificial Strike and Devilblade has Revenge, so both of these blades are good. At lvl 95, you will complete morai and get Calamitous Claymore, which will outdamage most of your weapons.

Endgame, you have variety of choices, r8, g16, or r9.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Go to AH and buy something within your budget that you can sell later when you are done with it. Most buy shinrotwins.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it at all, lvl80 isn't very important in the long run, you have a weap for 10 lvls then sell it of when you reach 90, just find something cheap that'll make you able to PvE with ease (which is most things in your lvl range) and go for it, you don't really need anything special, but yes, the above posts are useful and etc if you wanna be specific~

Personally what i did from lvl70/80/90 with weapons was borrow from higher lvl people and return them once I was in the next lvl bracket, saved me a tone of money/time/energy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you can find the gold TT80(?) dual swords, that'll last you til R8. At most, you'd only need to refine them to +5.
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • danewb13
    danewb13 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just a question regarding seeker weapons. Is SS or GoF better than atk lvl20/40? I've heard that the magic damage-related seeker skills are not affected by the doubled damage. Given that the metal-based skills are the strongest for seekers, will it be better to get the atk levels rather than SS or GoF?
    edited April 2013
    danewb13 wrote: »
    Just a question regarding seeker weapons. Is SS or GoF better than atk lvl20/40? I've heard that the magic damage-related seeker skills are not affected by the doubled damage. Given that the metal-based skills are the strongest for seekers, will it be better to get the atk levels rather than SS or GoF?

SS and GoF affect metal damage skills as well. Basically, SS and GoF will make the biggest difference whether a seeker can tackle a majorly geared class. Rank 9 weapon is the best option for seekers (GoF + 30 attack levels) also chains to r9r2, otherwise go with g16 astral ballads (+40 attack levels). R8r sword is also optional because you can get GoF from it as well, damage I do not know.
  • weizheng84
    weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it at all, lvl80 isn't very important in the long run, you have a weap for 10 lvls then sell it of when you reach 90, just find something cheap that'll make you able to PvE with ease (which is most things in your lvl range) and go for it, you don't really need anything special, but yes, the above posts are useful and etc if you wanna be specific~

Personally what i did from lvl70/80/90 with weapons was borrow from higher lvl people and return them once I was in the next lvl bracket, saved me a tone of money/time/energy.

Sorry guys, where can i buy shinrotwin?
    edited April 2013
    weizheng84 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, where can i buy shinrotwin?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14815

You can craft it or buy it from other players. Check Auction House.
  • weizheng84
    weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14815

You can craft it or buy it from other players. Check Auction House.

Ok thanks alot. b:laugh