1v1

FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
FkinMaltaMan vs Nuke_Cleric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLbb6LXZtrY
youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    as a class with any skills that purge buffs, why fight unbuffed? imo, waste of an inherent advantage, lol And you need to get an autopot thing, those mdef charms don't click themselves
  • chunleilu
    chunleilu Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    as a class with any skills that purge buffs, why fight unbuffed? imo, waste of an inherent advantage, lol And you need to get an autopot thing, those mdef charms don't click themselves

1 v 1 are supposed to be equal. Considering both are similarly geared, with cleric slightly edging the gears if the barb was fully buffed he would have a huge advantage over the cleric. Unless the cleric is +12 weapon he has hard enough time to kill a r999+10 barb with buffs it would just make the fight even more unbalanced in favor of the barb.

1 v 1 are supposed to be balanced, what is the point of 1 v 1 when one side would have a clear advantage of buffs and class over the other?
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013

A good PvP player relies everything on good timing, such as stun-locking. Timing is not only about skills, it's about pots too. If I'd use an auto-recovery stone that automatically uses my defense charms I might die once out of 1000 times because my defense charm was wrongly timed (I'm not saying I do this to all my defense charms I use). And yea, I'm not really interested to buy one just for the HP pots, I can manage on my own.

• MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    chunleilu wrote: »
    1 v 1 are supposed to be equal. Considering both are similarly geared, with cleric slightly edging the gears if the barb was fully buffed he would have a huge advantage over the cleric. Unless the cleric is +12 weapon he has hard enough time to kill a r999+10 barb with buffs it would just make the fight even more unbalanced in favor of the barb.

1 v 1 are supposed to be balanced, what is the point of 1 v 1 when one side would have a clear advantage of buffs and class over the other?

Then, you can just kite around and use blinking thing, and the hp and mana increase pots, it's same as being buffed. Since you have purge, this makes the other person unable to obtain the benefits of those pots. As not to waste those pots, might as well be buffed.

And the thing with the autopot is that it's basically letting you have two magic/phy def charms back to back as opposed to having only one clicked each time. Maybe one out of a millon times, it will be the cause of your loss. But it's your choice, lol
  • chunleilu
    chunleilu Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Then, you can just kite around and use blinking thing, and the hp and mana increase pots, it's same as being buffed. Since you have purge, this makes the other person unable to obtain the benefits of those pots. As not to waste those pots, might as well be buffed.

You did not understand the point I was trying to make, if you ever PK'ed you would know that a barb has a distinct advantage over a cleric. It is a class advantage, the point of friendly 1 v 1 PK is to have No Advantage what so ever, if the barb in this video was buffed, the cleric would have 0% chance of killing the barb. What is the point of such a PK when there is only 1 outcome? A Barb victory.

Without buffs the cleric had a fighting chance to atleast kill the barb. If Barb was buffed there was 0% chance.

If you PK'ed a bit you would know how it works.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    chunleilu wrote: »
    You did not understand the point I was trying to make, if you ever PK'ed you would know that a barb has a distinct advantage over a cleric. It is a class advantage, the point of friendly 1 v 1 PK is to have No Advantage what so ever, if the barb in this video was buffed, the cleric would have 0% chance of killing the barb. What is the point of such a PK when there is only 1 outcome? A Barb victory.

Without buffs the cleric had a fighting chance to atleast kill the barb. If Barb was buffed there was 0% chance.

If you PK'ed a bit you would know how it works.

Don't complain to me about problems with balance in this game... and if an advantage is inherent, by taking it away, you are giving yourself a disadvantage. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word advantage, let's say inherent skill set.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Phil Collins.. reallY?
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    phil Collins.. Really?

Son Of Man, A Man In Time You'll Be