My sigs.

Options
Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Fanatics Forum
I am quite the sig changer...lol.
I make a new sig probably as often as once a week, my aim is to be really good at using gimp to manipulate screenshots/images/text to make epic sigs. In the long run I will be purchasing Adobe Photoshop.
Anyone care to give me tips on sigs? I really like my current style.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
Post edited by Tide_Surfer - Archosaur on

Comments

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I tried...

Anyway, just keep doing it and you'll figure it out eventually. You can't just suddenly be good.

Edit: Fine a tip... Work on the composition. For example name/server seem a bit smashed into a too small place, while the right figure has plenty of space behind it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    One friendly tip: For me it's really better to use .png format instead of .jpg to avoid that distorted effect on the image, giving it a clean and clear finish.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ok so this time I went for a deep yet simple look, and I like this one a lot better, it looks really nice in my opinion, since my toon has nice eyes. I couldn't find a better font cos GIMP is crappy that way but yeh, anyone have any input?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ok so this time I went for a deep yet simple look, and I like this one a lot better, it looks really nice in my opinion, since my toon has nice eyes. I couldn't find a better font cos GIMP is crappy that way but yeh, anyone have any input?

I do not like it. Retry. Your eyes strike fear into the hearts of children, and not because you're fearsome. They are grotesque. I demand you redo your signature sir.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I do not like it. Retry. Your eyes strike fear into the hearts of children, and not because you're fearsome. They are grotesque. I demand you redo your signature sir.

Says the **** (looking at sig) guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sugarmist - Sanctuary
    Sugarmist - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I personally dont like your signature either, no offense.
    I think its the hair what makes it.. a bit weird(?)
    And about the font, you can download free fonts from net to GIMP. :)
    >>Click Here<<
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Says the **** (looking at sig) guy.

Haters gonna hate. There's a story behind the sig and I use it with prideb:chuckle
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I personally dont like your signature either, no offense.
    I think its the hair what makes it.. a bit weird(?)
    And about the font, you can download free fonts from net to GIMP. :)
    >>Click Here<<

I don't see how the hair can make it look weird (eww you use comic sans...) cos it's meant to be a close up view, not just the eyes.
    All the people commenting are the ones who have really nice and flashy sigs, not nice and simple =/ I'd like a comment from someone who does my style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options

I don't see how the hair can make it look weird (eww you use comic sans...) cos it's meant to be a close up view, not just the eyes.
    All the people commenting are the ones who have really nice and flashy sigs, not nice and simple =/ I'd like a comment from someone who does my style.

Why aren't all opinions valid? If you're looking for criticism the best way to get it is to take advice from all types of people who make sigs, not just those that make the same type as you. Otherwise it'll be a bit difficult to grow and learn how to do new things that you might not find out about without help. Embrace all constructive replies my child.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why aren't all opinions valid? If you're looking for criticism the best way to get it is to take advice from all types of people who make sigs, not just those that make the same type as you. Otherwise it'll be a bit difficult to grow and learn how to do new things that you might not find out about without help. Embrace all constructive replies my child.

I just got a bit pissed off that I was ecstatic with my creation but all this negative feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I just got a bit pissed off that I was ecstatic with my creation but all this negative feedback.

You asked for advice and tips, if you wanted a circle jerk go to 4chan or something. Just because you make something and think it's great doesn't mean it is. Take everything with a grain of salt, learn from what they tell you, and become better. Don't let it upset you, let it motivate you.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You asked for advice and tips, if you wanted a circle jerk go to 4chan or something. Just because you make something and think it's great doesn't mean it is. Take everything with a grain of salt, learn from what they tell you, and become better. Don't let it upset you, let it motivate you.

To be 100% honest after updating my sig this time and asking for feedback, all I got was criticism saying it looks bad, no ways to improve it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options

To be 100% honest after updating my sig this time and asking for feedback, all I got was criticism saying it looks bad, no ways to improve it.

Well, to be honest I personally can't see any way to improve it other than to completely change it to something else. Your Psychic's eyes aren't all that great looking.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, to be honest I personally can't see any way to improve it other than to completely change it to something else. Your Psychic's eyes aren't all that great looking.

I'm not amazingly creative so....any ideas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm not amazingly creative so....any ideas?

I'm not either, and I don't think adding that.. whatever it is, really helped. it kind of overpowers your face in the sig. If you want the main focus to be your face or eyes or whatever you shouldn't use something that overpowers it, it defeats the purpose. Unless that isn't what you're doing, in which case have at it. I'm still not much of a fan though. Sowwy bby
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm not either, and I don't think adding that.. whatever it is, really helped. it kind of overpowers your face in the sig. If you want the main focus to be your face or eyes or whatever you shouldn't use something that overpowers it, it defeats the purpose. Unless that isn't what you're doing, in which case have at it. I'm still not much of a fan though. Sowwy bby

Well I personally think it is cool, it's a screenshot of the night sky with the moon near raging tides. Toned down the opacity so it looks transparent, each to their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well I personally think it is cool, it's a screenshot of the night sky with the moon near raging tides. Toned down the opacity so it looks transparent, each to their own.

If you like it then what does it matte what other people think? Silly goose.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If you like it then what does it matte what other people think? Silly goose.

I was hoping for ways that I could improve it, not just plain saying "It's ****"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sugarmist - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options

I just told my personal opinion that it would look better without the hair.
    (and now without the moon too)
    About the underlined part,
    you cant know whats my style since the signature Im using, wasnt made by me.
    I just told my personal opinion and u go a bit offensive when theres no need for it.

Atleast my comic sans looks better than the font u used on ur signature. ;)
    edited April 2013
    Options

Atleast my comic sans looks better than the font u used on ur signature. ;)

Lolno. Comic sans doesn't look better than ANYTHING.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sugarmist - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Lolno. Comic sans doesn't look better than ANYTHING.

Thats your opinion. :)
    Just like me and Zanryu dont like your signature.
    And personally I think this thread should get locked and depthed since your question got answered.

*cough*and you cant take any negative comments*cough*
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Alright, let's get this over with *cracks knuckles*

I like the eyes and the limited view you picked. I like the blue feeling to it. But it'a missing atmosphere. And a real font. That signature would look a thousand times better if you, let's say, had used a more handwritten font, that somehow fades mysteriously into the background. Layout and fonts are surely a thing you can still improve a lot on. f:defeat

Now a word in general. Criticism. That's the one thing easy to dish out, especially by trolls on the internet and hard to take to heart and improve from it. Personally, I never ask anyone who's not an artist of some sort for it. Why? Because I'll either get random trolls or at best a "Ohhh awesome!". Both **** for improvement.

Comis Sans, ah yea. It's a very effective font. That is, if you want everyone with the slightest clue of design to curl up their toe nails and make a run for it while laughing loudly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yeah that isn't even comic sans. This would be comic sans. Anyway, I think sugarmist's name works effectively for the message the sig was trying to convey. And, this isn't about sugar's sig.

I was going to leave a comment, but now that I've seen you're just going to insult people that leave helpful feedback (that font does nothing for your sig, and she gave you a resource with tons of free fonts for your disposal.) I'm not going to do so. I will ask that everyone keep unhelpful flames to a minimum. Otherwise I'm just going to close this.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't think that's comic sans? Anyway, I think sugarmist's name works effectively for the message the sig was trying to convey. And, this isn't about sugar's sig.

I think he meant the font she's using, not the one I used on her signature (which is in fact not Comic Sans).

Anyway... I already posted some general and individual feedback regarding a previous old signature you made yourself months ago in my shack... dig it up?

Your current signature could use a nicer looking effect & font for the actual name; I'd remove the layer with the moon as it interferes with the eyes; centre the writing; add some nicer effects to the shot of the eyes you used.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I do apologize for the way that I reacted, it just doesn't help when I have a straight out "That's ****" instead of a way I can actually improve it, like Xainou just demonstrated you can easily do. I do apologize if I came off rude or anything of that sort.
    Oh and about the comic sans, it's comic sans MS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I touched up the eyes and removed a piece of hair that was covering the eye that was making it difficult to work with the eye, I also put in the text, a bit more hand-written style, and I put the opacity at 40 I think and also did a drop shadow. I personally think it came out a lot better than all my previous ones :)
    I do welcome any feedback as long as it's not just "It's ****" and actually has someways I could improve it *looks back at half the replies on this thread*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    since you got a new thread for this, i'm going to close this.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.