Can't craft DOD's from DOT's anymore?

ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver
ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Since when was this taken out of the combining options at the jewelcrafter??b:cry
Post edited by ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At the last expansion. Hold onto those DoTs though, they may have some new combining options soon.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since when was this taken out of the combining options at the jewelcrafter??b:cry

You're a bit behind. Save 'em for the potential uber attack level shards!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver
    ChiChiChia - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're a bit behind. Save 'em for the potential uber attack level shards!

yeah I haven't played for 8 months, but will they really bring in more attack lvls when its too easy to obtain them already?
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We should be able to make DoD,DoT,VIT Stones from NW Forges,and chrono pages.
    Seems fair to me and a great coin sink b:kiss
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    yeah I haven't played for 8 months, but will they really bring in more attack lvls when its too easy to obtain them already?

It's reported on CN, so it's a possibility for us.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's reported on CN, so it's a possibility for us.

I suppose chance will be low, because gold price would decrease drastically and
    token price would increase drastically. And yes, gold has to have a reasonable price to keep this game alive (and I'm saying this as a F2Per which farmed full r9 3rd cast, 3x full nv 3rd cast, some sets full +10). Imo gold for 1.8m on lc server makes sense, e.g. 1m would be way too low for most servers.

If it happens, common stuff like event mp and hp pots will be extremely expensive. One of the results would be that an average seeker (= casual gamer) would not use vortex anymore = won't do gv anymore. Hf with QQ in future. Without casuals server acitivity would be very low.

If they do that they have to motivate pack opener with other stuff to open packs.
    Or one pack has to give you way more than just 15 tokens (maybe ~50 tokens).
    I doubt this will happen.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    not sure what the effect on gold prices would be, but the game was better for the overall player with lower gold prices... so i'd welcome 1 mil per gold as the average.

back on topic however, there was talk of +3 def and +3 atk lvl shards coming our way... if that jewelcraft is already prepped for it, then it is not just talk apparently... i think ima gonna enjoy this update when it hits, i already know how im sharding wether or not it did b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    I suppose chance will be low, because gold price would decrease drastically and
    token price would increase drastically. And yes, gold has to have a reasonable price to keep this game alive (and I'm saying this as a F2Per which farmed full r9 3rd cast, 3x full nv 3rd cast, some sets full +10). Imo gold for 1.8m on lc server makes sense, e.g. 1m would be way too low for most servers.

If it happens, common stuff like event mp and hp pots will be extremely expensive. One of the results would be that an average seeker (= casual gamer) would not use vortex anymore = won't do gv anymore. Hf with QQ in future. Without casuals server acitivity would be very low.

If they do that they have to motivate pack opener with other stuff to open packs.
    Or one pack has to give you way more than just 15 tokens (maybe ~50 tokens).
    I doubt this will happen.

Decus wasnt clear apparently.
    +2 attack shards from DoTs are in china, not DoT/DoD from tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope prices on DoT would decrease from this. :3
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Combining stones to create JSoD was a very abhorred mechanic and it still is.

Players should be given incentives for their playing time, not their wallet.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Decus wasnt clear apparently.

Indeed, my apologies. Thank you.
    I hope prices on DoT would decrease from this. :3

Why would giving something greater use while not changing the method of acquiring it decrease the price?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol...

imo if they introduce +2 atk lvl shards they should put at least +3 def level ones aswell.

with those r9r3 weapons nullifying and overwhelming whole defense levels, full josd is starting to be a bit much overrated and outdated maybe?
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think adding +2 atk lvl shards would be good to cancel out josd.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I think adding +2 atk lvl shards would be good to cancel out josd.

Jades are already cancelled out by how much easier it is to get attack levels than defense levels right now. Having +2 attack level shards would just make Jades... feel far less useful for actual surviving and make it more of a 1-shot vs 1-shot contest.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Jades are already cancelled out by how much easier it is to get attack levels than defense levels right now. Having +2 attack level shards would just make Jades... feel far less useful for actual surviving and make it more of a 1-shot vs 1-shot contest.

Theres plenty of ppl with josds how are they uncommon?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Theres plenty of ppl with josds how are they uncommon?

People have more attack levels than defense levels given the bonuses of R999 weapons + the set bonus. I am not sure where you got that she said it was 'uncommon.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    People have more attack levels than defense levels given the bonuses of R999 weapons + the set bonus. I am not sure where you got that she said it was 'uncommon.'

This.
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited April 2013

Just because people have full 3rd r9 doesnt mean all of those people dont have josds.

All im saying is that if the +2 atk lvl and def lvl shards were available to cancel each other out all you have left is the atk lvls and def lvls on weapon + gears.

Edit: sorry for double post x.x
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agreed. I heard they removed the +3 def lvl shards shortly after introducing them in China.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited April 2013
    Just because people have full 3rd r9 doesnt mean all of those people dont have josds.

All im saying is that if the +2 atk lvl and def lvl shards were available to cancel each other out all you have left is the atk lvls and def lvls on weapon + gears.

Edit: sorry for double post x.x

Nobody's saying anything about anyone not having Jades. What Decus and I have been saying since the start is attack levels have always been easier to get (and to a higher amount) than defense levels, so they already cancelled Jades out even without this.

And no worries. For future reference, though, you can remove your own double posts. Simply click the number above your post, then click edit. This will take you to the advanced edit options where one of your choices is to actually delete the post. That way you can deal with your own double posts in the future if you make one by accident.
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Nobody's saying anything about anyone not having Jades. What Decus and I have been saying since the start is attack levels have always been easier to get (and to a higher amount) than defense levels, so they already cancelled Jades out even without this.

And no worries. For future reference, though, you can remove your own double posts. Simply click the number above your post, then click edit. This will take you to the advanced edit options where one of your choices is to actually delete the post. That way you can deal with your own double posts in the future if you make one by accident.

I understand that in the sense of weapons with high atk lvl bonuses are what make
    Atk lvls much "easier" to get. The thing im saying is that if they were to add those +2 atk lvl shards they would cancel jades out and only leave us with whatever atk/def we get from gear bonuses thats all.

And to add to that, the fact that it would be a new thing its not like it would flood the market on day 1
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013

Kossy, isn't it your job to babysit us? If you wanna quit, I'll take over! b:cute
    I understand that in the sense of weapons with high atk lvl bonuses are what make
    Atk lvls much "easier" to get. The thing im saying is that if they were to add those +2 atk lvl shards they would cancel jades out and only leave us with whatever atk/def we get from gear bonuses thats all.

And to add to that, the fact that it would be a new thing its not like it would flood the market on day 1

I wouldn't be so sure. You can bet if there's something to make you even more OP, all the rick folk gonna be beggin mommy for her credit card. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013

There are def +3 shards as well as atk +2, apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    from what i know they canceled +3 def in china. not even sure if we will get the +2 atk here
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    ^ Pretty much what I said. lol... f:brick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]