Remove/Limit NW Squads?

2»

Comments

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How about letting players enter 10 min earlier (when you get pass) with being able to form squads inside (not before entering), and not being able to attack for those extra 10min... or 5... or something. I don't really care anyway, just had this tought. You still have time to ask in faction who got in the same nation and squad them or form in nation/world chat. Additionally 2-3 squads would be nice too, if you really want to do it with a friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Now that I've had a chance to play the new map, I'm no longer in favor of this although I admit I was with the old map. The baselocking happened too easily, which gave OP squads who squadded together the ability to baselock like 200 people. At that point even if you weren't one of those people filling up a battle that you know you couldn't win, there was nothing at all you could do. It gave far too much advantage to those squads. With the new map, that is no longer the case and the only reason they have an advantage over you tokens wise is because they are more coordinated, geared, and probably skilled. Not because you can't even enter battles. That's the way it SHOULD be. The only reason I ever supported it wasn't so I could pick off people who were better geared and coordinated by mobbing them, it was because they had an unfair advantage on top of their already enormous advantage. Which is why you'd get days where you'd be baselocked the entirety of the war pretty much, since they got in early and never left. As long as those days continue to be over, I don't see the problem with letting people squad. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With the new maps squading does not have a huge effect on the performance of a nation anymore. Yes baselocking is still occurring to some degree but most people are now able to get out and into battles which makes for a more enjoyable experience for the majority of people. Overall with the new map the wars have been a lot closer and no nation has really been hugely disadvantaged, at least on Dreamweaver there is usually very little difference between 2nd, 3rd and 4th place now.

The biggest issue is the lack of communication between a nation and no real strategy - so while we are seeing closer wars for the losing nations the new map is leading to 1st place getting 2-3 times more tokens than the rest. People mindlessly push towards flame, don't defend key lands and generally are making bad choices which battles to go into. So while baselocking is not occurring as much it is the nation with the squads that know what they are doing that is a way are changing the results.

I am not against having no squads but to do so would turn nation wars into more of a pk fest than it already is. Knowing who you are with in a battle is key and the use of vent or something similiar makes a big difference. Organising squads while inside is not impossible but you will find that there are a lot of people who just don't listen or make things more difficult.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmm nation wars is down to about 2/3 of the amount of players who use to do it. Use to be 320 ish per nation now it is more like 215 per nation. Kinda speaks for itself. All the op people need to sorta split up. it's disheatenening to approach a group of 6 or so of top geared toons.

Tonite our nation was getting it's butt kicked, and I poped in a battle and lo and behold was many of the top geared people on the entire server all in one battle. meanwhile nation getting locked....It hurts both sides to have all the power concentrated.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmm nation wars is down to about 2/3 of the amount of players who use to do it. Use to be 320 ish per nation now it is more like 215 per nation. Kinda speaks for itself. All the op people need to sorta split up. it's disheatenening to approach a group of 6 or so of top geared toons.

Tonite our nation was getting it's butt kicked, and I poped in a battle and lo and behold was many of the top geared people on the entire server all in one battle. meanwhile nation getting locked....It hurts both sides to have all the power concentrated.

one of the reason is the whole party of best geared entering together and the 2nd is cos ppl are entering naked in nw wish seem to ignore the soulforce...

or those soulforce even look on inventory to

lots of naked ppl entering lost and those are not weak geared players