Why give cheaters such a huge advantage in NW?

Options
TevesRagen - Lost City
TevesRagen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Nation Wars
Why have developers of this game given the 105 cheaters such a huge advantage with the buff they can make from supply tokens? It makes it so they can do massive damage to anybody lower than them, and are nearly impossible to kill.

And please, nobody wants to hear "I'm 105 and I never exploited any glitches". Nobody believes that, and you can't prove you didn't. My point of starting this thread is to point out yet another way of how imperfect this game is.
Post edited by TevesRagen - Lost City on

Comments

• Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I disagree Tev, keep trying, 105's die eventually, gotta keep fighting till the last breath! I also wanted to say a small handful of people got to 105 bye just doing PV everyday, Yes I do admit this game has its imperfections.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Once I hit 105 on my sin, I can definitely be one to say I got to 105 without abusing any glitches or exploits. Honestly, I'm still surprised people are still accusing the "exploiters" when there have been a majority of players already that did get 105 legitimately.

Each level gets their own buff they can make. If you don't like that the higher levels can get a stronger buff, then do what the legitimate players do, like me, and run PV daily with 2-3 other friends. You'll be surprised at how quickly you level up. In a single 15 minutes a day, I can get 11-13m exp on average from PV. If you think about it, that's around 1-1.2ish billion exp in 3 months. For just 15 minutes a day.

I've gotten from 102 to 29.7% to 105 running PV at least once a week (not even daily), and that took around 6-7 months.

As with anything in the game, you adapt to it.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There's nothing preventing you from leveling up to 105 and acquiring the ability to use the item either. Quit crying and get to leveling, OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    To be fair, unless you have extremely decent gear soloing PV isn't going to happen, let alone in a decent time frame. They'd be limited to squads (duo or more, which would cut the xp) or FC. Which would take some time. Man. I should start doing PV daily.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why is a 105 using something provided in game considered 'cheating'?

Like it or hate it, they're not exploiting or creating a glitch.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why is a 105 using something provided in game considered 'cheating'?

Like it or hate it, they're not exploiting or creating a glitch.

Probably referring to the gooners, who did.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Probably referring to the gooners, who did.

Ahh, got'cha.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I leveled to 105 without goons.. you can take a look at a few of my videos to see how I did pv and notice that I went 101-105 long after goons got fixed. Calling everyone who is 105 a cheater just makes you look like a moron.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • OHelixSykar - Archosaur
    OHelixSykar - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I find fighting people who are higher lvl than me with better gear fun especially in NW because if i can kill them by myself or with the help of others, the victory is that much better. Also not every 105 glitched. Just like Skai said, its really not that hard to get to 105 if you have patience :) You can get there too!b:victory
    -oHelixSykar
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why have developers of this game given the 105 cheaters such a huge advantage with the buff they can make from supply tokens? It makes it so they can do massive damage to anybody lower than them, and are nearly impossible to kill.

And please, nobody wants to hear "I'm 105 and I never exploited any glitches". Nobody believes that, and you can't prove you didn't. My point of starting this thread is to point out yet another way of how imperfect this game is.

There's people that have char at lvl 105, chars that wasn't existing back in time of the glitch, some people get 105 by solo PV. (You do need great gears, but you can do it)

I know sins that got 105 by soloing a lot of FC every single days.

My mystic is close to 103 and she just got 1 year of existence, I almost didn't done FC since lvl 100 all the exp came from dailies, I'm at 67% atm.

Dailies I do and not doing them just for exp):

-Guild base quests
    -OHT
    -Morai quests (since I got all my Morai skills I do get the exp thingy and the runes for m.attack)
    -Crazy stones
    -BH (orb of cultivation and brainpower orb, I do have 62 of them in bank cause wasn't sure if was going to use on alts or not)
    -Events like tiger, every chest open give exp, plus some chests give orb of loneliness.
    -Teacher quest to get the shards for reflection.
    -I do leave my char in reflection when AFK and sleeping.

I do not do cube, PV, World quest, AEU, Wedding quest or FC. (for now)

There was some days/weeks I was lazy and not even doing dailies and as I said my char exist since a year and 1-2 months now and I'm at lvl 102 at 67% exp. (as I said on that I have 62 orbs in bank that equal around at 7% which would bring me to 73%)

People saying that there's no legit 105 without the goons glitch are lazy people, yes there's people that abused it, but now with all the new stuff we got in the past like Morai, Crazy stones exp improve, PV, reflection and world quest exp improve, it's totally possible to get 105 without take 5 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Implying a level 105 in G16 is a bigger threat than a level 101 R9RR+12
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Back to the Op's original gripe. No 105 except a filthy rich one with little smarts or thrift is going to use the tokens to get the 105 buff that is available. It is simply too costly for what it is.

Yeah, there are now more legit 105's however, there is still maybe 3/5's of them who got there with gooons fully or partially.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

While there are ofc alot of ppl which were ~101/102 after they fixed glitch and are 105 now, I aggree that it is ofc totally unnecessary to give lvl 105 even more advance over lower lvls. They already benefit more than enough by dmg reducion. But that's only the perspective of the average gamer, not the perspective of a CSer or pwe staff:

Going to lvl 105 legitimately is a huge time sink = huge coin sink for the player = the majority does CS more while they are doing it. Hypers + Pots are also expensive ofc.
    + The lvl 105 buff from nw forge is also a coin sink.

The only reason to remove it would be when almost all casuals would leave the game. But there are tons of kiddes which are just in game to admire the high geared high lvls.
    So this won't happen.
    When ppl would be smart they would e.g. leave a battlefield in nw when they have to counter a r9 3rd cast caster with +12 refines. But obviously ALOT of ppl LOVE it to get humiliated, they love it to bend over without grease. You can also see this in rl (e.g. at voters' volatility).
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Not all characters at 105 were cheated to that point, so this point is moot...

however... I do agree that the 105 nw buff is WAY overkill. and you cant possibly say its not worth getting for 105's unless u get squat yourself for tokens... i wish i could get that buff now b:dirty

but i dont believe it should be available, period. that buff is just too much. its like everything else in pwi, they dont understand math, they dont understand just how exponentially more powerful that buff is given who will have it versus the 104 and who will have it, etc, etc, etc... subtle is NOT pwi's way of doing things, otherwise you might see a smaller spread between each gear set, where maybe it would be possible for an r9.1 to actually kill an r9.3 with effort of course... meanwhile a squad of r9.1 cant do it in most cases.

Id say even better yet... make all 5 buffs available to everyone (no level cap & account stashable, but not tradeable), as is at their current token, mat & coin costs. That I believe would be fair, and then it would be based on how much you are willing to put toward it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]