Assassin running glitch

foxxel1980
foxxel1980 Posts: 30 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Im sure there are millions of other posts about this but here's mine.

As im sure you all know from the crying of half the sins, and the confusion of the other half who seem to be immune to it, there is an ongoing problem with sins, which as far as i can tell has been about for over a year and a bit.

Its rather simple to notice, you are standing still, yet continuously running on the spot, when engaging in combat it is sluggish and takes a few seconds to actually hit anything (assuming you do not take a step after you finally get to do anything its okay, but move and welcome back)

However there is a worse side to this, if you are unlucky enough to die, which lets face it, if you cant buff/chi up outside of battle is relatively likely, youre in trouble.
If you get ressed/revived it has become impossible for me to move, you stand there, no skills at all, no movement, no item use. Cant even town teleport.
The only solution to this is relogging which is often badly timed or in some cases out of the question. Recently i died in AEU and the crystals which protect from fire damage were buffing me, trickign the game into thinking i was in combat and thus unable to relog (short of closing the client)

To get to the point of this thread:
Does anyone know of a cause to this glitch?
Is pwi ever going to fix it, or just give us more fashion with the next maintenance to keep us quiet?
Does anyone else have a specific place this happens more?

I used to very rarely get this glitch, and i didnt always have the problem with the ress issue, and i still rarely get it in any instance (and a couple of times in arch) apart from AEU.
inside AEU i get this glitch every run, sometimes multiple times in the same run but it always seems to come.

Id appreciate if this was finally fixed or at least the cause was published so i could try avoid it. its rather ridiculous having to relog every few minutes when theres 9 people waiting.

p.s to other sins, you can clear this bug with using a portal, such as the ones in AEU, TT2-x however ive found that shadow jump never fixes this issue and it often returns anyway
Post edited by foxxel1980 on

Comments

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • foxxel1980
    foxxel1980 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks but im not entirely sure that is correct, im fairly sure i have had this glitch occur when using skills only. So im not convinced its aps/autoattack spamming related.
    Do you notice it happening more for you in a certain instance?
    and know of any plans to fix it?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i rarely get it on my sin,i have had the "tele to mob and kill it and be stuck in that location" but i tele to some one or another mob to get out of that.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It occurs everywhere and is a problem, when you spam the auto attack hotkey, it can then glitch out.
    Most of the times it happens, when i use Power Dash in every instance or on the Worldmap aswell.

Try it, im sure it will occur for you too, when you just hit auto attack button a few times
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually I get it twice as often when i'm laggy. It is frustrating as can be esp after getting buffs and such. Even more so if I just paid for base buffs or used a buff pill. As long as this has been an issue, it would have been nice if they fixed it. It isn't like there weren't enough cash shopping sins to pay for them to look into fixing it.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably best to continue discussion in the relevant bug thread, no? :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray