Question about dex.

2»

Comments

• bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    At level 100 I'll probably have 205 dex and 305 str nothing put in vit or mag
    I might be black
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok so last NW, (only 1 nw because i forgot...) i restated to test out STR build.
    from
    (tome and blessing are tweeked for Omalley and Dominance tome)
    http://pwcalc.com/6674ce2ac5480583
    to
    http://pwcalc.com/9b6140c0e8244a77
    naturally lowered my crit/acc/eva a bit. I was a bit concerned about the acc but it seemed somewhat ok, no conciderable misses on people. (almost cried when i missed on a morai quest mob tho)

Ive been DEX/crit build since seeker first came out but was a bit disappointed in this restat change as i didnt notice a big difference that the pro STR/DEX players are debating over =(

going to leave it at that till the next NW is finished and see how it goes then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FlailSticks - Heavens Tear
    FlailSticks - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    seeker stats

big fan of max damage with high crits to go with it
    edited March 2013
    seeker stats

big fan of max damage with high crits to go with it
    i dont think you quite understand the thread discussion...
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013

lol u should ignore those ppl who've got huge e-peenor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After a weekend of NW with my new stats I didn't notice much of a change at all. Misses weren't a problem but the extra damage didn't help either. I will prolly stay this way for a while tho since the extra damage in auto attack helps in pve and I still need to make more money to get all my endgame gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Uub and Buu become one basically. 3str 2dex every lvl
    I might be black
  • FlailSticks - Heavens Tear
    FlailSticks - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013

lol pretty much....was showing that gear can give you all the crit you want without stating that many points into dex. 155 dex here for the weapon with 40% unbuffed crit without sacrificing str/damage. sorry for the epeen it gets in the way sometimes
    edited March 2013
    lol pretty much....was showing that gear can give you all the crit you want without stating that many points into dex. 155 dex here for the weapon with 40% unbuffed crit without sacrificing str/damage. sorry for the epeen it gets in the way sometimes
    mm the thing is, i was expecting more dmg with the extra STR stated from the dex. But when you go out in the field the diff. is so slight atm
  • EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear
    EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i've been playing with a sin a bit (lv.23 atm, just got to arch) i thought most of the damage from sins was actually from their dex stat not str... i could've swore i read that somewhere... any clarification would be helpful...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BM: pwcalc.com/51cc5fb4332f4158
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Bows and daggers are boosted by dex.

Axes/hammers, swords/blades, spears/pikes, and fists/claws are boosted by str.

Soulspheres, glaives, magic swords, wands, and patkias are boosted by mag (magic attack) and str (physical attack), however the latter boost is pretty much only utilized by HA venos via foxform and melee mastery.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear
    EbonyKitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Bows and daggers are boosted by dex.

Axes/hammers, swords/blades, spears/pikes, and fists/claws are boosted by str.

Soulspheres, glaives, magic swords, wands, and patkias are boosted by mag (magic attack) and str (physical attack), however the latter boost is pretty much only utilized by HA venos via foxform and melee mastery.

thanks for the clarification.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BM: pwcalc.com/51cc5fb4332f4158
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After some more time to think it over I miss my old high dex build. I still had a lot of vit so it wasn't a max dex build and I didn't switch over to a max str build. But I moved some stats over from dex to str. The loss of accuracy is just to annoying in PVE and sucks in PVP. Maybe with two +accuracy rings its different but I have the rank 8 ring and the perfect attendance ring. Going to eventually go to max dex once my refines are high enough to get rid of vit. Low dex just isn't for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SnowTempests - Raging Tide
    SnowTempests - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After some more time to think it over I miss my old high dex build. I still had a lot of vit so it wasn't a max dex build and I didn't switch over to a max str build. But I moved some stats over from dex to str. The loss of accuracy is just to annoying in PVE and sucks in PVP. Maybe with two +accuracy rings its different but I have the rank 8 ring and the perfect attendance ring. Going to eventually go to max dex once my refines are high enough to get rid of vit. Low dex just isn't for me.

I love the crit rate potential on pure dex seekers, plus the 1.5x damage on edged blur. Evasion also stops aps bms and even aps sins (if they don't of getting any accuracy rings). Since many scenarios between pvp for seeker doesn't depend on raw damage, I consider having pure dex as an advantage to increase nuke potential.