Thank you all for that

Comments

• Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On one hand I hope so and want to learn and be competitive....on the other I Ann having fun just doing as I am doing now :p
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    my first post back on rt forums in a month or two and its on this thread, be honored.

apo i love seeing you in nw, means ill get some decent contri for farming you :D. not to brag or anything but my longest streak in nw without dying was about an hour and 45 minutes, and that was with fights against some of the more op squads aswell i was shocked into hysteria and then died QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    my first post back on rt forums in a month or two and its on this thread, be honored.

apo i love seeing you in nw, means ill get some decent contri for farming you :D. not to brag or anything but my longest streak in nw without dying was about an hour and 45 minutes, and that was with fights against some of the more op squads aswell i was shocked into hysteria and then died QQ

Welcome back... and Thank You, I think b:embarrass I like seeing you in there, you're one of those bm's that I feel like I actually have a chance of beating 1v1 even though we saw how that turned out a few 1v1's out west arch area b:surrender Is still still fun nonetheless...

And as far as my using Psy Will vs a caster... My Psy Will is only L.10 atm (1 of 4 skills I have left to Demonize) which has a "removes negative statuses" component to, which all Psys have... You're probably just used to Sage Psys which use Sage Bubble of Life (the aoe heal) which also has a "Purify" component to. On top of the Psy Will's "Purify" component... Wizzy's also have a "Physical Damage" component to some of their heavier hitting spells vs arcane geared such as myself. So yeah, you saw correctly. b:cute Just wanted to clear that up. See ya in NW, dont go easy on me, I lick it rough b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I lick it rough b:sin

b:shutup
    edited March 2013
    Not sure if anyone else feels this way but...Every time I go to NW with upgraded/better gear or levels the first night on Friday I do awful! I feel so good about the stronger gears but then r9 archers and seekers remind me of my place XD And a veno finally taught me the meaning of fear when they purge you...First time that happened to me in NW b:chuckle I died. Quickly. To other pedo pandas (what was with that 5-6 group of pandas in light by the way? b:irritated . So painful). Still I had a lot of fun and I learned a lot more about the importance of black/white switching to focus targets. The spawn killing on me was almost non existent even if I eventually lost the land. I even tanked a BM 2 seekers and a cleric for a while this time around! psy will + AD is my friend :3

Serious questions though: What can I/do you use to record events? I would like to and post in psy or NW forum (or here in this thread) to get some nab psy help in NW fighting. I know I could use the work. :P

Good job to the squads again! we did not get first place but Flame did a noticeable job of teamwork there. Especially near the end. I saw a lot of lands being won when previously people had said they needed help. That NW was more than worth it for the fun. Even if I did get one shot by everything this time around >.<

P.S. "my first post back on rt forums in a month or two and its on this thread, be honored." -Rev. I feel very honored. Thank you for dropping by my 'thank you RT for the NW (read: pk one shots)' thread.

• Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sis,

Glad to see you're hanging in there and having fun :) As to recording your adventures, do you mean screen shots or movies ? You can get screen shots with the Print Screen key (PrtSc.) As to video recording, there are several options. You can get Fraps for free and do 30 second clips. I have a licensed version which is unlimited that I use for TWs. However, it does cause additional lag, which is bad at times. You can make movies in MS Movie Maker and add audio tracks as well. Or, you can buy a higher level program, like Vegas 11 or higher. I'dd suggest the free stuff to start with to see how you like it. :)

I enjoyed tonight and wound up in Light. It seems that if I'm in a lower nation, I get more points but less tokens. Tonight, I was actually really low on points until the last 40 min and made a comeback in the end for a record number of tokens for me with just an average score. :)

b:bye
    edited March 2013
    Eee...I was hoping movies honestly. I know I might get flamed for being so bad (I make no illusions. I need learning experience that getting one shot by r9 in west just cannot provide) but I want to try <3
    Also good job on the tokens! Did you try something different or did things just work out? I actually had less than a hundred this time and that made me sad. But with my gears...it was a good run. Liking forward to 101 so I can get the r9 ring at least and get to work on my other gears! At this point they are just pitiful and there is no excuse.

• Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hun it's about having fun mostly - and also seeing how you stack up against those that you would probably have never even bothered to pvp against.I have rounds were I get 1-shot by god knows what then others when I'm getting good 1v1s. Idc about the rest b:chuckle it's fun to see how your toon does pvp while you're upgrading the gear - skills, experience, etc in regards to pvp...that comes little by little.

Ohh and if you're doing videos, the programs that Boartracker mentioned are nice - a very good video editing software that I use and studied to use is Adobe After Effects, might wanna check it out. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
    edited March 2013
    Thank you! I will download them after work before I go to sleep! And yes I am still having a lot of fun but...I have fun in competition as well and I want to get better and with better gears so I am out of one shot territory at least :p
    I have been getting a lot of people bidding on my company for translation jobs recently so I may need to run back to Japan for a bit to help out myself. Maybe I can get more serious about recording and practice after that. :)

edited April 2013
    Time for this week dose of HAPPY pk news: I had a great time in this NW. I lost a lot to archers and was basically pinned every time I came across one. Which is odd because I normally harass them to no end b:chuckle. I guess it is was just not my day for them. But otherwise I broke 100 tokens. Had great fights on offense and defense. Even learned to play well with others (squad helps so much).
    I think one of my favorite moments this time around was tanking 3 phys classes and 2 wizards for about 2 minutes while the rest of my team carried the flag to base without needing to stop. I may have died but it made me giggle. Even killed 2 of them with a crit on aqua cannon.
    Also note: Clergywoman is a troll and a meany face. In black voodoo with Jones' I was hitting for around 500...b:cry She even PMed to inform me it was suicide to do it alone...But I got the stun off once before I died. b:surrender.
    Anyone else have any favorite moments from this time around?

• Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    my least favorite moment was actually the entire nw, *cast skill* 15sec later *actual cast in game*. really, nw is usually a lot more laggy than tw, at least for me, but the lag yesterday was beyond ridiculous. b:cry

also i should have not told sister_warui to gank me. she took my advice and came back with 10 firends and killed me several times, my poor charm. b:chuckle
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
    edited April 2013
    also i should have not told sister_warui to gank me. she took my advice and came back with 10 firends and killed me several times, my poor charm. b:chuckle

I never told my squad it was you! We did not have RC/vent open unfortunately. I was just taking orders on where to go next from Medb:cute. The map you are talking about though you had a lot of low level/gear with you. I pretty much cut through them trying to get to you and everyone followed XD. So you see? Not my fault. I just wanted to get close enough to see how your toon looked after all... Nothing mean. I promise. That aqua cannon was an accident >.>

edited April 2013
    Clergywoman is a "chance" with a squad if she's alone. One NW we spied Mav and unloaded everything we had. We got his HP bar down about 60% when he came back with his snack or something and "Poof," we lost. b:laugh

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey, not sure if you were looking to record, save and publish but this guys videos are pretty good and its what he uses.

Q: What program do you use to record/edit the videos?

A: Fraps to record, and Sony Vegas Pro 11 to edit.

Q: What codec/settings for the video?

A: I record and edit at 1280x720 resolution, render using WMV11 (older videos were done at h.264), and 'Disable Resample' checked for all video clips in properties.

Taken from http://www.youtube.com/user/transcendpw?feature=watch

Clergywoman everyone finds very annoying to fight in NW!!!! The last time we fought her we had to make "special effort" to keep her off of flag carrier. I causing major annoyance is the calling card of the cleric <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dxtory and camtasia are better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
    edited April 2013
    Dxtory and camtasia are better

Are these video and editing programs? I am new to all of this so maybe that is whyXD

@Man thank you! I cannot watch the videos you posted now but I will. Your answers were very helpful.

I do want to publish as the ultimate goal for this. I have not one problem admitting I am not so good with PK (unless against barbs...) But I am willing to endure some flaming and trolling to eventually get some more usable advise and helpb:victory

• Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey Sister, i love threads like this and love your enthusiasm about things! So i can't wait to see you in NW and your videos.

You have 2 challenges

1. Capturing the video

2. Editing

Fraps is the highest quality capture program, but it records uncompressed so minutes takes up gigabytes. Other programs "compress the video" So its harder on your CPU but easier on your hard drive.

I have like.. 800 gigabytes of video recorded from game but can't ever find the time to actually make videos. Maybe in the near future. If you don't have a relatively "high end" computer you might not be able to record at super high resolution. I would just google anythinng you don't know. I'm not sure how you will get your software but i think you should be able to find free software, or be a pirate. Last Spellcaster uses WIndows media maker for his videos and i think that is free.

Good luck in these endeavors, if you want practice fighting a noob barb pm me in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Transcend is a great PWI YouTuber. I love their vids :D. He also was the first PWI-central YTer that had 1k+ subscribers. Was an inspiration to make more videos.

But if you're looking to record, basically what Man stated is true. A video recording program will record the video/audio stream in an uncompressed format, which is huge in size and not very friendly to the CPU/GPU. I use Fraps personally, and it records the raw video data in an .avi shell, and ~1 minute of recording audio/video output of a 1600x900 screen comes out to about 2 GBs.

Once you have a video clip recorded, you get a video editing program. I personally use Sony Vegas Pro, and in there you basically put the video into a container, edit it around (i.e. speed of clips, parts of clips that need to be taken out, transitions, camera effects, video effects, and so on), and then you render it into a video format!

I have customized my render settings to give me 720p videos (basically a 1280x720 frame) with different settings for most of everything else. How you render a video will determine its quality and size. The format of the video file (whether it be .wmv, .mp4, .avi, etc.) does not matter much at all. It's just a "box", so to speak. Your codec/render settings is what is put into that box to make it work. I hope that analogy made sense XD.
    edited April 2013
    Back to videos stuff, I have a 5 yr old dual processor laptop with 3 gig RAM and 250 gig hard drive. I use Fraps @ 30 fps and play in a large windowed mode (around 1280x720.) Fraps records in 4.1 gig blocks which is about 15 minutes of recording. I do a 1st edit with Windows Movie Maker (cutting, adding music, Intro & Credits) and save at software suggested size of 1280x720 which is 1080i HD format. I do additional editing with Vegas 11 and save at 30 fps 720p HD mode which reduces finished the finished movie size by about 40%. (Vegas is used to cover text panel if required, audio/ video overlays and FX as wanted.) I also spend about 6 hours editing, compiling and uploading a TW video to YouTube, start to finish, however, you time usage may vary with computer speed, software used, desired end results and internet connection speed. (Weddings seem to take me forever to get finished with. )

edited April 2013
    Oh wow thank you all for the responses! This will be attempted this upcoming NW maybe if I find a map where I am getting decent fights (no one face rolling my little squish of a psyb:chuckle).
    If anyone sees anything wrong with this set up I am running 8GB RAM with i5 graphics card on an Asus laptop. I play the game on full view/settings (1366x768)most of the time so..not so worried about recording devices. Maybe the amount of space it takes up though b:shocked.
    @Man. I could always use the work! 1v1 would be appreciated. Although after watching yourfight with Arawin I am assuming you are full r9rr...if so I would like to ask you at least change the weapon to r8r please :p keep the armor though. It is more rare for me to get an even fight than one where someone out gears me immensely. Mine as well learn to cope with it :p and I am glad you like the thread. There was a lot of complaining on this thread when I started it and I wanted my own little place to talk positively about the PK experiences people have and to get some help while I am at it. Everyone complains the game is dying and then does nothing but complain on their threads like they hate the game >.>
    If anyone else feels like 1v1 post here or send me a message on game! Otherwise...see you in NW!

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for making this thread. Always good to read something upbeat and new. b:thanks
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for making this thread. Always good to read something upbeat and new. b:thanks

Of course! I strive to keep this relevant to learning and PvP/NW. In an actual positive manner...except for Kastus. That dirty dirty sin D:

edited April 2013
    So...this is a little off topic but not really. I just downloaded fraps. But the free version only goes up to Win7 it looks like? My new computer is running win8. QQ I may not have tomorrow NW match done with...

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fraps should work with Windows 8. Just download the most recent version, ignoring system requirements (For operating system) put on their website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Dose of HAPPY PK news! \o/
    This NW was interesting O.O I did kind of poorly on token earning but had a lot more fun than I have had in a while. (probably because I missed a week or 2 of NW). The squad I went with was a lot more organized than any squad I had been in before so it was interesting trying to keep up with what I was supposed to be doing as far as teamwork goes :P
    My favorite part about this particular NW was probably the last 3 battles I had total. We only won one of them but fought the same team/players every time. Raphxelion was in there I believe. He was very difficult for me to take down. Actually...I am pretty positive that was never less than 3 people ganking him at once when he died XD
    The new gears really helped me out. The difference of TT90/r8 to r9+5/6 from one NW to the next is pretty large o.o f:leer
    Anyway. I could not record because I had more lag during this NW than normal. I think it was my internet causing the issue this time around. Does anyone have any favorite parts of their NW to share?

P.S.) What is it with fist BMs trying to APS me? You see what psys do to sins who do it...Why would you try to duplicate that on purpose? D:

• Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sister & I whoop'd **** till we ran into Harkin's squad. b:sad

Dis: GM's need to make cleric's sleep shorter.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NW brings so much love, I always get PMed with; *** you ********* ****** ****** ****** ********** ************** ***************************** your dmg is to high.

I had the fine privilege to meet a NW land with probably 10 BMs that enjoyed stunning me one after the other and when I finally get a way a cleric SoG me so the BMs can go back to stunning me for another 5-10min.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    NW brings so much love, I always get PMed with; *** you ********* ****** ****** ****** ********** ************** ***************************** your dmg is to high.

I had the fine privilege to meet a NW land with probably 10 BMs that enjoyed stunning me one after the other and when I finally get a way a cleric SoG me so the BMs can go back to stunning me for another 5-10min.

Hahaha! If I PM someone who kills me it usually something funny or good natured like "nice kill!" Or "your stun. So long Dx give me my pro feelings back QQ" (both of which used last night. Haha) I will pm them rarely...But not to be actually mean...unless you failed to spawn kill me on a gank >.>

Also I had a few BM over all but I felt like we encountered an absolutely obscene number of clerics on every map we fought. I would have to focus three of them or something before I could DD barb -.- probably the main reason we lost the last three fights. I had too many targets and I was not sure who to prioritize.
    (Also I would have no problem angering you by constant stuns/slows if it won the flag :p

• IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dylena was in the same nation as my squad so i knew we were unlucky from the start and my hypothesis turned out to be right indeed when we got ganked by both frost and flame which lasted for a good 1 hour.

My squad only lost one battle and we were always getting every frost nation land back to us but we were never assisted by our nation cuz they were fighting the good fight against flame. It was a good war but could be better if we all started using nation chat more often.

When I did use nation chat asking for an update on one of the lands, someone from that battle pmed me about the status and our squad swiftly migrated over to the land, and winning the battle to our favor. So, in short, LETS ALL USE NATION CHAT GAIS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    *giggles* I would try it more but I pretty much just followed orders this time around and killed clerics. Because I hate clerics who do their job in NW for the other team D: makes killing flag barb that much more annoying...
    Anyway though! I feel like people would be a lot less receptive to ME saying we are losing a land than my squad lead at the time (bre). But then I could be wrong. In all honesty I did not use it at all this time around. I will try to do that more on the Sunday flight.