Mystic build help?

Options
IPhantom_ - Archosaur
IPhantom_ - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Mystic
If someone wants to make a straight damage dealing mystic, but with good healing and eventually go r9, what is the best build for a r9 mystic?

Vit = ?
Str = ?
Mag = ?

Each level...
Post edited by IPhantom_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    vit=3

str= as low as you can go and still hit 55 with cape/orns/hat, or go high enough to wear a LA T3 helmet

mag-all the rest
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Without any gears on my points are:

Vit: 3 (used a reset not to remove 2 points, can only be done with the vit, you can't put dex to 3)
    Str.: 48
    Magic: 469
    Dex.: 5

With my gears I have:

Vit: 55
    Str.:55
    Magic: 562
    Dex.: 38

R9 requisite 55 str.

So you don't necessary need to put 55 str. base if you have items that give you str., in my case my cape give me 7 str. points, but depend on which cape/neck you will use it can change a bit, but if you don't have any items giving str. you will need to have 55 base.

If you are not sure what you will use as cape/neck then maybe when you will lvl up from 99 to 101 keep 10 free points in case you need a base of 55 str., but usually if you have something that give str. you will need around 47-48 str.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Going to make a mystic that will be able to wear all armors but mainly will be HA and LA,why?because I need something to do and this account is HA and LA **** on it and I'm sure it will be fun.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Going to make a mystic that will be able to wear all armors but mainly will be HA and LA,why?because I need something to do and this account is HA and LA **** on it and I'm sure it will be fun.

I know a HA mystic, mystic are more support then purely DD, so it's kinda interesting build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I know a HA mystic, mystic are more support then purely DD, so it's kinda interesting build.

Please name a mage dd that can sustain 1-1 dd better than a mystic. -Sorry I gave you trick question. b:chuckle Btw; Lucky Break + Gale Force for AoE.

My mystic is pure mag; not a single rank equip; no armors or ornaments past +10; and it can easily tank all BH bosses.

Even if MP cost was not an issue: your much slower killing is.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with adding a little Vit points for stability, especially if you are a low level or undergeared.

You can look for gears that will up your Vit so you can put those points in magic, but I found it easier to get gears that would add magic points. Dance Sparkle boots give +10 magic, and the Archangel Pendant offers a whopping +31.

At 101 using plain old R8 gears, I still have about 10 points in Vit to eventually reset. Reset notes are cheap when they are on sale in the Boutique, so in the big scheme of 'things that are expensive' buying one either from the Boutique when there is a sale, or from a reasonable catshop is no big thingy.

At level 100, it is said you need a minimum of 5K HP and around 2500 or so Pdef.

But, please remember Im considered a fail mystic - so I probably have no clue what Im talking about. b:chuckle
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Go for pure magic; 1str 9mag every 2 levels is just a rough idea of how the stat points you get each level should be assigned.

As a general rule your strength should be: Half your level +5 just so you can use your gears.
    Put the rest in magic.
    Get your HP and Phys def from refines and shards and ornaments. I know some mystics who went for a -%channelling build.

I found this to be a waste since a % of something small is still something very small..
    If you're a mystic with refines averaging about +5, statting some vit isnt so bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • tweakz
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You can look for gears that will up your Vit so you can put those points in magic, but I found it easier to get gears that would add magic points. Dance Sparkle boots give +10 magic, and the Archangel Pendant offers a whopping +31.

Why vit? For HP recovery? For defense? Mystic has heals, great defense, and ornaments for more def: doesn't need vit.
    At 101 using plain old R8 gears, I still have about 10 points in Vit to eventually reset.

10 points for a 100 HP; which is what percent of 5k? Is the meager amount of HP that hard to obtain otherwise? Is it really worth the cost of killing slower, using more pots, and resetting?
    Reset notes are cheap when they are on sale in the Boutique, so in the big scheme of 'things that are expensive' buying one either from the Boutique when there is a sale, or from a reasonable catshop is no big thingy.

An equip you can resell at cost is cheaper in the long run.
    At level 100, it is said you need a minimum of 5K HP and around 2500 or so Pdef.

Said by whom? Are people still doing traditional nirvana with mystics? Can mystics not avoid the traps on first boss in FFC? Do mystics not primarily use ranged attacks to avoid the aoe's of BH bosses? Maybe tell us what you need 5k HP for that makes it worth gimping your dd, efficiency, and learning experience?
    But, please remember Im considered a fail mystic - so I probably have no clue what Im talking about. b:chuckle

What we can learn from people depends more on ourselves than our instructors.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Please name a mage dd that can sustain 1-1 dd better than a mystic. -Sorry I gave you trick question. b:chuckle Btw; Lucky Break + Gale Force for AoE.

My bad I'm from a PVP server and sometime when I speak I forgot to mention about what I speak (PVE or PVP).

In PVE it's not even a question which caster is the best DD.

In PVP as much as I love my class, mystic is not the best power DD from all casters, but I'm not saying other caster class are better in PVP. All class have their advantages and disadvantages. A wizz after BT is pretty much done and will end up to die fast, people say wizz have the best defense of all casters, but ask people which class is the hardest to take down between wizz and mystic and they will tell you that the ''freaking'' mystic is more hard to take down then a wizz, wizz have maybe the best physical defense, but not the best survivability.

My point by saying mystic are not purely DD is, if I see a psy or wizz in HA I will freaking laugh, but a veno and mystic could make more sens if the people decided to play more support.

Mystics are versatile, yes some people play mystic more like a DD while other play more like support, there's no wrong choice for mystics, while a wizz or psy are purely DD and you won't see a HA psy/wizz say ''I chose HA cause I play more support'' while a mystic could do that if they wanted.

Anyway the OP say going R9 so there's no LA/HA question, I was just stating I know a HA mystic cause someone said going HA/LA.

R9 best build is pure magic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh gawd...I hate a ton of quotes. xD
    Why vit? For HP recovery? For defense? Mystic has heals, great defense, and ornaments for more def: doesn't need vit.

For HP itself. If you cant afford cetain shards (Citrine Gems are going for 40 mill, Perfect Citrines are 4 mill, immaculates are 1.25 million and change or more...and so on. In fact peeps are asking as much for Beautiful Citrines as they are for flawless on my server), putting points in Vit will help make up the difference immediately and cheaply.
    10 points for a 100 HP; which is what percent of 5k? Is the meager amount of HP that hard to obtain otherwise? Is it really worth the cost of killing slower, using more pots, and resetting?

Yeah, its only 100 HP I guess for me now. By the same token, +10 magic isnt all that and a bag of chips either. How much harder are you really going to hit? As a low level it could be a lot harder I guess, but at level 100...meh. I have +41 with my neck and boots alone.

I used a little Vit as a low level, then went pure magic when I got R8. THEN...I applied to a TW faction that my real life husband was a member of. Interestingly enough, they had reduced their 100+ normal requirement at that time and were recruiting level 95+.

Well, an officer of said faction PM'd me one night and told me I needed to buy a reset note and put the extra points in Vit, to get my HP up to 5K, or I wouldnt be accepted.

My HP, at the time, was 200 HP short of that mark. I thought this was silly, since its not like an OP player can't 1 shot me with 5K HP. I ended up stacking about 25 points into Vit, which put me at around 5068 HP just to be able to TW with my husband.

The officer told me to PM them when I had reset, and I did. I was still denied acceptance with no reason given. Im sure no one here is surprised, given how fail of a mystic I am said to be, but I obviously must be plenty fail cause I was level 100, and they were recruiting 95+ with a high need for Mystics, and I was still rejected. b:chuckle

I immeditely went out and bought another reset note, setting my HP and magic back to what they were - and honestly took pride in keeping my HP below 5K for as long as I could afterward.

Whenever I was asked why my husband and I were not in the same faction, I simply answered proudly - cause I dont have 5K HP! b:chuckle

In a later discussion in this forum, it was said you need 5K HP because a lot bosses can 1 shot you if you dont have 5K HP.

In my personal opinion (which is probably a fail one as well), I personally feel PDef is just as useful, if not more useful than HP. *shrugs*

Anyway, my Mystic is collecting dust atm, but if I ever get back to working on Awakened gears, I will eventually reset to pure magic, I was just waiting to see what kind of strength bonuses I would end up having over the 55 required to reset along with the Vit. I'm tired of buying reset notes, lmao. b:laugh
    An equip you can resell at cost is cheaper in the long run.

That's true, if I end up with full lunar-forged Awakened, and dont want to PK, but I was looking forward to 1 day PKing once my Awakened gears were all bound.
    Said by whom? Are people still doing traditional nirvana with mystics? Can mystics not avoid the traps on first boss in FFC? Do mystics not primarily use ranged attacks to avoid the aoe's of BH bosses? Maybe tell us what you need 5k HP for that makes it worth gimping your dd, efficiency, and learning experience?

I saw one group doing it last time I was ingame. I wasn't going to do it, lol. I was bringing up a Sin, Barb and Psy all at the same time, and simply didnt have the time to bother for the small reward it offers. NW was awesome when that came out, and made Caster's Nirvana kind of obsolete, unless you want to go for the experience or because you really enjoyed doing it

What we can learn from people depends more on ourselves than our instructors.

Ive learned plenty in my 2 years on this forum, but ingame taught me the most important lesson this game has to offer - without access to the best gears, no char will ever be able to really compete, regardless of how skilled or unskilled they are.

There are lower geared players on my server, and they play very well, imho. I really can't be a part of them though. Why, one may ask? Because I dont speak either Philipino or Brazilian/Portugese. Communication is very important. On an FC run its not that important, and maybe not so much for a simple BH. But for TW or anything else, communication is very important.

It is what it is. *shrugs*

Nice chatting with you, tweakz. b:thanks
  • tweakz
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh gawd...I hate a ton of quotes. xD

For HP itself. If you cant afford cetain shards (Citrine Gems are going for 40 mill, Perfect Citrines are 4 mill, immaculates are 1.25 million and change or more...and so on. In fact peeps are asking as much for Beautiful Citrines as they are for flawless on my server), putting points in Vit will help make up the difference immediately and cheaply.

Points in vit aren't cheap: you pay for MP, reset, and time wasted. Your prices are exaggerated.
    Yeah, its only 100 HP I guess for me now. By the same token, +10 magic isnt all that and a bag of chips either.

Can change hits per kill, pots per quest, etc.
    I used a little Vit as a low level, then went pure magic when I got R8. THEN...I applied to a TW faction that my real life husband was a member of. Interestingly enough, they had reduced their 100+ normal requirement at that time and were recruiting level 95+.

95+? lol; not a serious tw faction. -Did they own land?
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Points in vit aren't cheap: you pay for MP, reset, and time wasted. Your prices are exaggerated.

Yeah, I agree the prices are exagerated - but they arent MY prices. I wish they were MY prices, and peeps were buying. Those were the prices in Catshops and on the AH when I last logged in, and had been the prices for some time before that.

Once in a while you see what appears to be an amazing deal. I saw a Warsoul of Earth +3 in a catshop going for 12 million. Either the helm is becoming passe, or the seller needed quick coin. It sat there for at least 2 days that I know of with no one buying it. Didnt see the catshop on the 3rd day so I dont know if it sold or not. It wasnt the only item they were selling at that shop.

My Mystic has 10.5K and change MP. Considering my gears, its pretty good. I still paid for that herb. I loved the spells and combos a Mystic has to use, and ripped through mana and chi like a kid rips through candy on Halloween night.

Can change hits per kill, pots per quest, etc.

Sure. For a lower level, but at my level Im not sure. How much of a difference do you feel we are talking about? If its 100 extra MP, and 100 extra damage when I hit something, then it seems to me its pretty negligible for a level 101. I know 1 point can make a difference in certain situations, but in the big scheme of things...not so much.

Im not against putting every single point I have in Magic (although gear requirements prevent that). I'm not against your basic point. But it has always been suggested in this forum to put points in Vit, if you feel too weak on newbie chars.

95+? lol; not a serious tw faction. -Did they own land?

Plenty of land. It was only for a couple weeks, I guess, that they were recruiting with the reduced requirement. For a good while now, most factions depend on alts from other factions to keep going and have interesting TWs. You getting a lot of new players on your server? Not new alts, Im talking brand new people to the game?
    Its been steadily dropping on my server, to something close to non-existant, for at least the past year.

Seems everything is steadily dropping, except the prices of things you need. People make up excuses for the rise in prices of those things too. Like, "We need to raise the price of teles to stop the trolls in WC! :O", lol. Nice idea for the wealthy player. As if making them cost 100K each or something truely exagerated, is going to put a stop to a wealthy troll. Whats it going to do for a non-troll, average-income player though, especially if they need to form their own squads?

The game itself has a lot going for it. The char creation IS the best and most creative for a player that I have ever encountered (and Im talking about before the whole ini edits thing was allowed). The Mystic IS the most fun and active char to play that I have encountered in any game. Like a Restoration Druid and Marksman Hunter all rolled into one char.

I guess no one that manages this game ever stopped to think about the profit to be made through 'volume sales'. As a businessman, would you rather have a thousand players dropping $3K on you, and maybe just once for the lifetime of your game - while totally imbalancing the game for any other player who cant do it; or, potentially have millions of players worldwide steadily dropping say $40 a month on you?

Im probably a fail business person too, but Id shoot for the millions of potential players steadily dropping $40 a month. b:chuckle

And, thanks so much for the 1 less quote. b:thanks
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, may you take 10 points away from tweakz for being a biased idiot please? Thanks.

Also, I see nothing wrong with adding a little bit of VIT, low leveled, mid leveled, high level or undergeared, R9+12 JOSD, etc >.>
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, may you take 10 points away from tweakz for being a biased idiot please? Thanks.
    I know I am the robot and you are the human. Tell me about being human.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I know I am the robot and you are the human. Tell me about being human.

I am an elf, not a human -_-"
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

LVL 24 Mystic~LC

shoo troll
  • tweakz
    edited April 2013
    Options

Also, I see nothing wrong with adding a little bit of VIT, low leveled, mid leveled, high level or undergeared, R9+12 JOSD, etc >.>

-Great example of how well this forum is run.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options